• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New World: Climate Change

NASA data showed that this October was the globe’s warmest on record, and for the third month in a row, global temperatures broke records, which kept 2014 on track to become the hottest year ever recorded. Bear in mind that the 10 warmest years ever recorded have all occurred since 1998. Recent data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration confirmed that the first 10 months of 2014 were the hottest since record keeping began. - See more at: Dahr Jamail
Dahr Jamail
Dahr interviewed by The Real News says “that though some journalists avoid linking weather patterns to climate change, global warming still exists.

Interviews | Dahr Jamail

All good to listen to - but at 05:45 talk of alternative energy sources - Saudis recognize that there is a certain benchmark price that gives incentives to alternative, renewable energy sources - which they do not want to do.

US/Saudi Oil Play is Economic Warfare

TEXT: "Uploaded on Dec 22, 2014: Lawrence Wilkerson says the target of low oil prices is Russia and Iran whose economies are being thrown into turmoil and opens the doors to sovereign raiders."

Here is the transcript of the above video - LINK: US/Saudi Oil Play Is Economic Warfare
DISCLAIMER: Please note that transcripts for The Real News Network are typed from a recording of the program. TRNN cannot guarantee their complete accuracy.

Text: "PAUL JAY, SENIOR EDITOR, TRNN: Welcome back to The Real News Network. I'm Paul Jay.
In the 2007-2008 financial and economic crisis, one of the things that's been pointed out is that international capital, as such, actually collaborated on a solution. The Fed, American Fed, gave money even to European banks and others. And instead of retreating into trade wars that often lead to real wars, there was a systemic collaboration trying to deal with problem.

"So was that the end of this kind of economic warfare? Well, maybe not. We're seeing economic warfare now. Saudi Arabians have moved the price of oil down into the 40s. There's a backup into the 60s. There's a question of might it even go down into the high 30s. It's undermining, even destroying some major economies in the world--the Russians, the Iranians, the Venezuelans. Maybe it's even going to harm/hurt the Canadians.

"But what's driving all this? And are we seeing a market mechanism, or are we seeing economic warfare?

"Now joining us to talk about all of this is Larry Wilkerson.

"Thanks for joining us.

COL. LAWRENCE WILKERSON, FMR. CHIEF OF STAFF TO COLIN POWELL: Thanks for having me, Paul.

JAY: So, one more time, Larry was Colin Powell's chief of staff. He's a regular on The Real News and teaches at William & Mary College. Okay. So the Saudis are arguing, we have no big foul and negative intent here. We're just doing what the market--we think the market requires from us to our advantage. We're not trying to kill American shale, which seems to be sort of the predominant theory. We don't have any geopolitical objectives. We're not trying to screw the Iranians or the Russians. Except that is what's happening.

WILKERSON: I think you're seeing some of the most fundamental precepts being developed and used throughout the globe right now of what I would call the new kind of economic warfare.

I think if you go back to the collapse of the Soviet Union, you will find that the United States, OPEC (the Saudis, principally), in a loose arrangement, force the price of oil down to the point where it was below $15 a barrel for the benchmarks. And that had something to do, along with Afghanistan and the expenditure on that conflict, with the final collapse of the Soviet Union, because that was their principal source of their economy was their petroleum sales.

I think you're seeing--what you've seen of late was an attempt to do some of the same things using the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and a very--if you look at the rules that were abrogated or suspended or whatever for their moving into speculation in a particularly light sweet crude, WTI and Brent and so forth, which is a very, very, very important part of the oil markets, their attempts were to push the price up to $140, $150 a barrel, which we saw it get to. And that was to punish China, that was to rip China's economy up, if you will, because you look at China, and most of their petroleum that they don't get internally (which is decreasing every day) has to come from vast distances overseas, lots from the Persian Gulf, for example. And they were contracting for heavy tankers at $200,000. So when you factor all that in, it's heavy subsidies that the Chinese have to put on that in order to make it efficient within their economy. They're taking money out of that $2 trillion, $3 trillion in their current accounts balances that they have from United States.

But nonetheless, this is very dangerous, I think, economic warfare. And the signs of it are showing. The president's working group on financial matters, for example, put into place in its current format and its current energy and power by Bob Rubin under Clinton--called, on Wall Street, the "Plunge Protection Team". But what it is, in essence, is an attempt to do this on a macro level, to use the economy and economic power to injure other people.

JAY: Well, the American press has been playing this as a Saudi attack or policy to undermine American shale and fracking and all this. But you're suggesting that in fact, no, the U.S. is in on this with the Saudis.

WILKERSON: I'm suggesting it's wider than just the Saudis and that you've got to have--you don't have to have the permission of the United States, but you certainly have to have the nod from the United States in order to do this sort of thing. And I think it has to do with more geostrategic important matters than it does with just a temporary setback in fracking or shale extraction or whatever, or whether or not Venezuela's aided by it or hurt by it and so forth. I think they're looking at the very tip of the geostrategic ladder, if you will, right now. And Putin and Beijing, Moscow and Beijing, sort of are at that tip. And it's interesting to see that at one point Putin was probably complicit with this effort in order to injure China.

But now, since Ukraine, Crimea, and the incidences that have developed around that--.

JAY: Complicit to get the price higher.

WILKERSON: Yes, to get the price higher. Now, suddenly, the price is going down. You talk to anyone in the markets who will tell you the truth, and he will tell you, she will tell you there's absolutely no reason, supply and demand, that these two things should have happened. So there's got to be another reason they happened.

JAY: So why would the Saudis benefit from this? I mean, I understand how they're screwing the Iranians. I guess they have a beef with the Russians, given the support for Assad and they would like to weaken Russia. So the Saudis are certainly still intent on overthrowing Assad.

WILKERSON: And there are other wrinkles there, too. The Saudis over time have let it be known that there is a certain benchmark price that incentivizes alternative energy. And they don't want to see that happen, because they could see themselves at some date in the future perhaps being told, hey, you don't have any buyers anymore, there's other energy out there that's cleaner and better for the environment, and so forth and so on. And then they have a certain benchmark price, too, that they need to make over time on a consistent basis in order to pay their patronage, to pay the royals, who grow every day as the families increase, and to keep their population quiescent.

So they're caught on this kind of, oh, can't go too high, can't go too low; we'd like to stay right here. Well, that stay right here changes as the world situation changes. But nonetheless, you get an appreciation for the dilemma the Saudis are in.

That said, they can do what they need to do for geostrategic purposes for quite a time before they start feeling the worst results from either of these two conditions.

JAY: The Saudis.

WILKERSON: Yeah.

JAY: We've heard a year to three years of reserves they're sitting on.

WILKERSON: They could run something like this for long enough to really hurt another economy or economies.

JAY: So what's in it for the U.S.?

WILKERSON: What's in it for the U.S. is punishing Putin in terms of driving the prices down. Look at what's happening right now. I mean, even though polls show because of his stance against the United States he's running low 80s in Moscow in the polls, he is having tremendous problems. The inflation now, the ruble is becoming worthless. Inflation is terrible.

JAY: Devaluated about 45 percent than last year.

WILKERSON: Yeah. And the rest of the Russian economy's not going to pick up. He's just contracted--many people would say who know the situation well, he's just contracted Russia out to China in these latest two deals, which is going to give the Chinese even more leeway, more power to develop--'cause that's what they're doing--the vast five time zones, 3,000 kilometers Soviet Far East. They're going to own the Soviet Far East. But Putin has this short-term tactical vision. He doesn't seem to care.

JAY: But does he have a choice?

WILKERSON: He's amassing--well, in terms of staying in power, you're probably right. This is the way he stays in power.

JAY: So Russia's screwed by this. Iran's screwed by this. Venezuela's screwed by this. I mean, the Canadians are, but in the geopolitical equation who cares about the Canadians?

WILKERSON: Actually, I think we do, especially after Harper's help with Cuba.

JAY: Well, but in terms of the tar sands, they'll be there when needed.

WILKERSON: Absolutely.

JAY: They're not going anywhere. If the Canadian economy--.

WILKERSON: That's something people forget. If you don't pull it out now, it's there tomorrow.

JAY: Yeah. So the Canadian economy gets hit, well, so be it.

So, geopolitically it's going to cause chaos in some significant places. The Americans want chaos?

WILKERSON: I think this kind of economic warfare, as I said earlier, is very dangerous. You're looking at creating chaos and anarchy in markets that have other factors at work in them. And while you may think the president's team controls these factors or controls what's happening in this economic warfare, you may find you don't. Be careful what you wish for--you may get it. And it may be an awful mess.

I am very reluctant to see this kind of thing, just as I am cyber warfare, as the Sony example might represent, get started big time. These are very dangerous types of warfare for people, especially the United States, who might ultimately be the most vulnerable of all societies to this kind of warfare, to begin experimenting with. It's simply not the thing we should be doing, in my view.

JAY: Okay. Thanks for joining us.

WILKERSON: Surely.

JAY: And thank you for joining us on The Real News Network."

Last edited:
Shifting to renewable energy is a high stakes game. The Climate Change/Warming/AGW has more forces arrayed than mere science. Huge geo-political changes afoot. Renewable energy means local control. It's a world many do not want to see coming.

Some excellent analysis (imo) of the current situation in the comments -

Comment: "The US armed forces run on...oil. You would imagine that the Pentagon budget, which pushes towards $700 billion annually, would be severely affected by any major change in the price of a barril of petroleum."

Comment: "Russia is selling their oil for gold! Gold prices are undervalued and manipulated by the federal reserve banks. There are no free markets! The petrodollar is dying as countries abandon the agreement Nixon made with the MIddle East countries to guard their oil fields with our ever-expanding military industrial complex in exchange for their oil sales in US Dollars! Who the heck knows who will win this "war"! It is nice having cheaper gas! However, Alternative energy is the only way countries win this gooey mess!"

Comment: "usa.....Well I think the necessity for this kind of 'warfare' is easy to figure out. The dollar (oil backed) is at the biggest risk it has ever been in I think. Like BIG. This is all a finesse, like in Bridge, you have a 50% change of winning if you take the risk.

I think the whole shale thing was a speculation and turned out to be an enormous loss and it was intended. Not by the government but by the deep state. Let's blame the Sauds with the Sauds cooperating. And to kill two birds with one stone let's attempt to break Russian economy. And lets see if we can win at this and save the dollar before everyone is into renewables and oil isn't worth as much as toilet tissue.

Russia not only has China they have also India and I suspect some of Latin and S. America. Will they have to tighten their belts --considering we laid Crimea on them and are fooling around in the other border states with our sleight of hand? Sure. But they can do it. They will do the same thing as Iran and become enormously self-sustaining. We and Europe are not the only players on the Planet!

Their biggest problem, as I understand, now --is supplying their country with 'enough' food. Thus they are investing in agriculture big time. Their North and North East will become more agri friendly as the temps are rising, as will indigenous and new Russians in re-locating more North to do husbandry and agri.
A billionaire just invested to do apples big time in Russia (a Russian) and this is killing Poland, where Russia got its' apples. Russians love apples.

Chinese and Russians do not like one another. However because of their location to each other they will always cooperate for their sovereignty.

We talk about Russia and hard times as a distraction from the ENORMOUS problems with joblessness, huge poverty for children and elders, and loss of pensions and medical in the UK and France and spreading fast. No question: Depression! The Ukraine is in bad straights for everything. This all going to backfire on EU and U.S. and Canada --as it should."

Comment: "Pensions and state incomes are not being cut back and promised increases are being implemented. China has openly declared fealty to Russia and will assist them in any manner possible-this without being asked. I suspect this had a lot to do with stopping the capital flight and arresting fall of the Ruble these past few days. Russia has half a trillion in reserves to deal with just such a move having prepared for it the last time it was pulled. The BRICS have been gearing up for getting off the dollar and these moves by the West just accelerated those plans thus the demise of the dollar is even closer at hand. See Michael Hudson for impact of new cold war a more realistic appraisal I would say and he is an economist not a ex military man turned diplomat. Much as I like Wilkerson."

Comment: "A few thoughts on this. I think the price is being manipulated in collusion with the US. However on one hand it is counter to what the administration preaches I.E., concerns about global warming etc. Obviously lower prices will increase sales. China is likely benefiting from cheap fuel which is bad for us in the longer picture. Russia should and likely will move away from the petro dollar with all their might but it will hurt them in the short run. Canada will get crushed with bankruptcies if OPEC continues on the current path. You can't make tar / shale oil for $30 a barrel! This of course will kill the pipe lines as well. So on that level, if you believe that people be damned, it is good for the environment. $30 a barrel will kill crude production in North America and this will end the current mini booms of decent paying jobs in certain areas of US and Canada and any semblance of North American energy independence. BTW this also keeps our perpetual wars up and running if we once again require ME oil.

Then there is the "isis threat" which is actually helpful, as an excuse, to the administration of both US parties but wanting to have the "enemy" sufficiently weakened so they can proceed as planned in the ME. So ISIS is definately also affected by these low prices.

In the long term if this policy is sustained it will lead to others besides Russia and China moving away from the petro dollar. The history of collapsing currencies and falling empires runs hand in hand and seems to make a few things clear. One, they can happen "without warning"(see MSM) and 2, can transpire much much faster than most believe."

Comment: "For oil to have dropped so much, it shows how obscene the profit margin on oil has been for decades."

Comment: "I agree and Middle East wars are nothing but excuses to keep other players off the market and prices high. We have been getting screwed royalty for far to long."

Last edited:
Beginning of the end for Nuclear Power in the US. (Note: Nuclear Power has always been highly subsidized by the US taxpayer - it never paid it's own way).

This Is Why It’s Time to Abandon Nuclear Power

TEXT: "Published on Dec 30, 2014: Paul Gunter, Beyond Nuclear & Kevin Kamps, Beyond Nuclear (In Vermont) both join Thom. There are 61 nuclear power plants operating across America - which means that millions and millions of Americans are within striking distance of a nuclear disaster. Isn't time to abandon nuclear power altogether?"

Thanks for the video. Nothing could be more insane than nuclear power plants in California. The map shows that I live near a nuclear power plant. I honestly did not know!

Besides global warming and the resulting sea-level rise....some coastal land areas {like Maryland's Eastern Shore} near the southern most edge of the last Ice Age glaciers are sinking, because there is no glacier weight to vertically raise land mass in front of the former glacier.

This reminds me of how the US government had to do it in the late 30's into the 40's to get the electrical grid up. Households were actually paid - and promises made regarding cost - to get families to allow electrification of their houses.

Peru Is Now Giving Free Solar Power To Its 2 Million Poorest Citizen

December 21, 2014
LINK: Peru Is Now Giving Free Solar Power To Its 2 Million Poorest Citizens | Minds

TEXT: "The National Photovoltaic Household Electrification Program will cost about $200 million, which is basically nothing in the scheme of most international budgets. Peru also leads the way in national dedication to organic food and doesn't allow GMO.

"The program plans to install about 12,500 photovoltaic solar systems to provide for approximately 500,000 households. The remainder will be auctioned off.

thumbProxy

"Energy and Mining Minister Jorge Merino said, “This program is aimed at the poorest people, those who lack access to electric lighting and still use oil lamps, spending their own resources to pay for fuels that harm their health."

"Currently, only about 66 percent of Peru's population has access to electricity.

" "With about 29.5 million inhabitants, Peru is the fifth most populous country in South America.[78] Its demographic growth rate declined from 2.6% to 1.6% between 1950 and 2000; population is expected to reach approximately 42 million in 2050.[79] As of 2007, 75.9% lived in urban areas and 24.1% in rural areas.[80] Major cities include Lima (home to over 8 million people), Arequipa, Trujillo, Chiclayo, Piura,Iquitos, Cusco, Chimbote, and Huancayo; all reported more than 250,000 inhabitants in the 2007 census.[81] There are 15 uncontacted Amerindian tribes in Peru.[82]"

Sources:Peru Solar Power Program To Give Electricity To 2 Million Of Poorest Peruvians | CleanTechnica
- Peru to Provide Free Solar Power to its 2 Million Poorest Citizens | Inhabitat - Sustainable - - - Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building
- Latin American Herald Tribune - Peru Unveils Plan to Use Solar Panels to Provide Electricity to 2 Million People
- Peru To Provide Free Solar Power To 2 Million Of Its Poorest Residents
- Peru - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Solar Panels Bring Power to Remote Peru Villages
TEXT: "Published on Dec 10, 2014: Off-grid solar panels are bringing electricity to Andean villages as part of a 15-year plan to provide Peru's vast countryside with electricity. Photo: Ryan Dube/The Wall Street Journal."

Last edited:
Nice to know that there are still goverments on this planet that still think their purpose is to enhance the lives of common citizens, not just the billionaires who already have so much money they could never spend it all.

Here's a film from 1940 educating the public about joining the electrical grid. "Power at cost" - interesting how electrification was 'sold' - and the promises made, as mentioned in a previous post. This was all happening a mere 60-70 years ago. The status-quo that is so fiercely held to is not that old.

HD Historic Stock Footage FARM FAMILY GETS ELECTRICITY 1930s REEL 3
TEXT: "Published on Feb 15, 2013: Power and the Land - Supplying Energy to Rural America Reel 3
Portrays a farm family from St. Clairsville, Ohio who are members of an REA co-operative, and contrasts their life before and after electricity. More difficult tasks are done "the old way--the hard way" without electrical power. Agricultural co-operation is illustrated through corn cutting scenes set to music and poetry. Farmers meet with a county agent who explains the work of the REA (Rural Electrification Administration) and the need to form co-operatives. Map is used to show REA co-ops established between 1936 and 1940. Electrical lines are constructed taking power from the transmission lines to the individual farm houses. Shows a farm family using and enjoying electrical appliances such as electric lights, electric stove, a radio broadcasts the weather report. Farm life in the 1930's."

HD Historic Stock Footage - FARM FAMILY GETS ELECTRICITY 1930s REEL 4
TEXT: "Power and the Land - Supplying Energy to Rural America Reel 4
Portrays a farm family from St. Clairsville, Ohio who are members of an REA co-operative, and contrasts their life before and after electricity. More difficult tasks are done "the old way--the hard way" without electrical power. Agricultural co-operation is illustrated through corn cutting scenes set to music and poetry. Farmers meet with a county agent who explains the work of the REA (Rural Electrification Administration) and the need to form co-operatives. Map is used to show REA co-ops established between 1936 and 1940. Electrical lines are constructed taking power from the transmission lines to the individual farm houses. Shows a farm family using and enjoying electrical appliances such as electric lights, electric stove, a radio broadcasts the weather report. Farm life in the 1930's."

This is the first film/reel in the series.

HD Historic Stock Footage FARM FAMILY LIFE WITHOUT ELECTRICITY
TEXT: "Power and the Land - Supplying Energy to Rural America Reel 2
Portrays a farm family from St. Clairsville, Ohio who are members of an REA co-operative, and contrasts their life before and after electricity. More difficult tasks are done "the old way--the hard way" without electrical power. Shows woman doing the weekly clothes washing task without the benefit of an electric clothes washer, heating water over the fire in an open hearth fireplace and using galvanized washtubs and scrub board or wash board to get the clothes clean. Young girl cleaning the chimney of a kerosene or coal oil lamp and filling the lamp reservoir. Farmer loading hay on a horse drawn wagon and cutting corn by hand. Women hanging out the washed clothes to dry on a clothes line. Shows woman ironing clothes, irons heated on top of wood burning stove. Woman lights kerosene lamp as family sits down to dinner around the dinner table. Farm family eating dinner. Farm children ( boy and girl) doing school work by the light of a coal oil lamp. 1930's."

Last edited:
Besides global warming and the resulting sea-level rise....some coastal land areas {like Maryland's Eastern Shore} near the southern most edge of the last Ice Age glaciers are sinking, because there is no glacier weight to vertically raise land mass in front of the former glacier.
Sea levels are rising within the "natural range". No need to be alarmed.

NASA data showed that this October was the globe’s warmest on record, and for the third month in a row, global temperatures broke records, which kept 2014 on track to become the hottest year ever recorded. Bear in mind that the 10 warmest years ever recorded have all occurred since 1998. Recent data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration confirmed that the first 10 months of 2014 were the hottest since record keeping began. - See more at: Dahr Jamail
Dahr Jamail
Dahr interviewed by The Real News says “that though some journalists avoid linking weather patterns to climate change, global warming still exists.

Interviews | Dahr Jamail
Funny stuff flipper.

Cold year: 2014 USA temperature record lows outpace record highs nearly 2-1 | Watts Up With That?

Last edited by a moderator:
At 29:50 Thom Hartmann interviews Michael Mann regarding the Siberian Craters along with Global Warming trends currently. Interesting comments about the Methane release taking place vis-a-vis fossil fuel emissions.

Full Show 12/31/2014: Ralph Nader, Loretta Lynch, Mike Papantionio, & Matt Taibbi

TEXT: "Published on Dec 31, 2014: In tonight’s Big Picture, we look back at the top storylines and interviews from throughout 2014. Thom’s conversation with Ralph Nader about the future of the United States and Nader’s new book, “Unstoppable: The Emerging Left-Right Alliance to Dismantle the Corporate State.” Thom’s conversation with America’s lawyer Mike Papantonio about the changes, if any, that Loretta Lynch will bring to the Dept. of Justice. Our most watched Geeky Science – discussing the dangers lurking in food packaging. Thom’s conversation with Dr. Michael Mann over the mysterious Siberian craters, Matt Taibbi on how JPMorgan Chase got away with the biggest crime of the century during the 2008 financial collapse, and Thom’s Daily Take talking about what Republican control of congress means for 2015."

Last edited:
At 29:50 Thom Hartmann interviews Michael mann regarding the Siberian Craters along with Global Warming trends currently. Interesting comments about the Methane release taking place vis-a-vis fossil fuel emissions.

Full Show 12/31/2014: Ralph Nader, Loretta Lynch, Mike Papantionio, & Matt Taibbi

TEXT: "Published on Dec 31, 2014: In tonight’s Big Picture, we look back at the top storylines and interviews from throughout 2014. Thom’s conversation with Ralph Nader about the future of the United States and Nader’s new book, “Unstoppable: The Emerging Left-Right Alliance to Dismantle the Corporate State.” Thom’s conversation with America’s lawyer Mike Papantonio about the changes, if any, that Loretta Lynch will bring to the Dept. of Justice. Our most watched Geeky Science – discussing the dangers lurking in food packaging. Thom’s conversation with Dr. Michael Mann over the mysterious Siberian craters, Matt Taibbi on how JPMorgan Chase got away with the biggest crime of the century during the 2008 financial collapse, and Thom’s Daily Take talking about what Republican control of congress means for 2015."
Michael Mann is a con man and anti scientific. No real scientists believe a word he says. Mann made Global Warming is what he is known for.

MICHAEL MANN IS A LIAR AND A CHEAT. HERE’S WHY.
Michael Mann is one of the most partisan advocates for the catastrophic anthropogenic global warming theory. He is controversial for several reasons: he invented the “hockey stick” graph, which was intended to show that recent warming trends were unprecedented, and has since been exposed as a hoax that misrepresents historic temperatures. He has fought bitterly to prevent his own emails from being discovered in litigation, even though he is a public employee whose research is lavishly funded by taxpayers. He has participated in some of the dishonest “tricks”–their word–by which climate alarmists have kept billions of dollars in government money flowing their way.

Along with his other faults, Mann is litigious. He has sued National Review, the Competitive Enterprise Institute and Mark Steyn for criticizing him, a case he inevitably will lose.

It is generally believed in the scientific community, I think, that Michael Mann is a fraud and a liar, as well as a bully. To understand why, check out Steve McIntyre’s post at Climate Audit on Mann’s effort, along with others in the alarmist community, to bury the post-1960 tree ring data that contradicted Mann’s hockey stick.

continued

Michael Mann Is A Liar and a Cheat. Here’s Why. | Power Line

MICHAEL MANN FACES BANKRUPTCY AS HIS COURTROOM CLIMATE CAPERS COLLAPSE
Written by John O'Sullivan on 21 Feb 2014

Massive counterclaims, in excess of $10 million, have just been filed against climate scientist Michael Mann after lawyers affirmed that the former golden boy of global warming alarmism had sensationally failed in his exasperating three-year bid to sue skeptic Canadian climatologist, Tim Ball. Door now wide open for criminal investigation into Climategate conspiracy.
Mann_arrest_photo.jpg

Buoyed by Dr Ball's successes, journalist and free-speech defender,Mark Steyn has promptly decided to likewise countersue Michael Mann for $10 million in response to a similar SLAPP suit filed by the litigious professor from Penn. State University against not just Steyn, but also the National Review, the Competitive Enterprise Institute and Rand Simberg. Ball's countersuit against Mann seeks "exemplary and punitive damages. " Bishop Hill blog is running extracts of Steyn's counterclaim, plus link.

Mann’s chief undoing in all such lawsuits is highlighted in a quote in Steyn’s latest counterclaim:

“Plaintiff continues to evade the one action that might definitively establish its [his science’s] respectability - by objecting, in the courts of Virginia, British Columbia and elsewhere, to the release of his research in this field. See Cuccinelli vs Rectors and Visitors of the University of Virginia...”

continued...

Michael Mann Faces Bankruptcy as his Courtroom Climate Capers Collapse | Principia Scientific Intl

Pixel, could you please take your debate back over to the other thread, where you have made this point many, many times before. This thread - as stated - is not about debating AGW (especially not engaging in ad hominems) - and has been purposely started to get clear of your posting rhetoric. You are trying to divert the thread. Your posts are off-topic. Please take your arguments over to the other thread. Many thanks.

Pixel, could you please take your debate back over to the other thread, where you have made this point many, many times before. This thread - as stated - is not about debating AGW (especially not engaging in ad hominems) - and has been purposely started to get clear of your posting rhetoric. You are trying to divert the thread. Your posts are off-topic. Please take your arguments over to the other thread. Many thanks.
I am not debating AGW I am exposing a fraud that you are passing of as a credible person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back