• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mr. Paulides and J.C. Johnson

Wade

FeralNormal master
Good show guys. My initial feelings after listening to it was this. I was struck by the differences between a couple of things. All in All It was a very pragmatic show.The first one concerning the dna samples that Melba S. Ketchum had suggested belongs to a human hybrid was very analytical , referencing peer reviews etc. it was handled in a dry scholarly way...for lack of a better word...with the appropriate caveats, and this was important to do it this way. Had this been c2c and they took questions the callers would no doubt try to lead the guest into suggesting that the dna samples were planted by extraterrestrials...hey ,wait a minute !!!!...

And even the second part, when talking about his research, as usual mr. paulides was being very careful about coming up with a one size fits all answer, not jumping to conclusions and not discounting anything as well, and then boom goes the dynamite , jc comes up with that ambushing, neck snapping, clothes folding , bipedal apparently carnivorous (spl?) dog man report he was going to look into.Chris was quick to jump on that ! I had to play it back a couple of times to make sure I heard it right! It was almost as if jc was thinking this is being too evenly handled, time to shake things up. Chris by all means please keep us updated on this breaking event, I have a feeling I know how it will end but I would be interested in how the report "came to be" if that makes sense, i.e. if, that is the story of an accused murderer who was trying to cover his butt for the death or disappearance of a companion.

I went to the CanAmmissing website ( CanAm Missing Project ) and found this summary about the disappearance of Kevin Robert O'Keefe under the 'Case Spotlight" section sounding very familiar;

....."We do know of several other campers who have disappeared under very similar conditions. A broken pole inside of a tent indicates that somehow the tent was pushed down breaking the pole. Visitors to this site may find this highly unusual but once you have read thousands of missing case files involving finding campsites, this is not that uncommon. It is also not uncommon to find clothing belonging to the victim, clothing that would not be normally discarded (Boots, gloves, etc).

A review of this case leads CanAm investigators to believe that the victim was either asleep in his tent or somewhere near his site when a very unusual and catastropihic event took place. All of his provisions for survival were at or near his primary campsite. No, we do not believe that a bear attacked the victim or his site as food and other supplies were laying on the ground in the area undisturbed and there was no blood or other signs of s struggle noted by NPS investigators."..........................................

This very strongly reminds me of the Dyatlov Pass event ( Dyatlov Pass incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) that happened in 1959.

Does anyone else see this kind of similarity?

You can always count on J.C. to say some pretty crazy crap. I loved his clothes folding story, I only wish that this story contained bing drinking like some of his past stories. I would love to sit around a campfire and let him hold the talking stick for the duration of the evening.

The Bigfoot Show podcast has a new episode that focuses on the Melba Ketchum announcement. I highly recommend listening, as they interview Dr. Todd Disotell of New York University, who is a scientist that investigates alleged Sasquattle hair samples. It would be interesting to get one of the hosts form The Bigfoot show on The Paracast. First of all, to discuss some of their claims regarding an area they have found that has a lot of Sasquatch activity. Secondly, to give a bit more of a realistic approach to the search for the wood ape.

I enjoyed the show, however, there were things I was irritated by... The greatest of those things was that David Paulides would never say how many people have gone missing, and the information isn't available on the canammissing site either... I can understand his not wanting to speculate because the speculation would draw attention away from those who've gone missing, but isn't speculation the only way we're going to figure things out? After all if you don't speculate, you can't derive a theory (even if it's wrong). Also I found it irritating that David would just flat out not answer questions and continue on with what he was saying.

Don't get me wrong, the reason I was irritated is because this is a fascinating subject and one worthy of learning more about. Even with my irritations, I still very much enjoyed the show. I would be interested in hearing more about this in the future, maybe with some more answers next time.

Peace out... :)

I enjoyed the show, however, there were things I was irritated by... The greatest of those things was that David Paulides would never say how many people have gone missing, and the information isn't available on the canammissing site either... I can understand his not wanting to speculate because the speculation would draw attention away from those who've gone missing, but isn't speculation the only way we're going to figure things out? After all if you don't speculate, you can't derive a theory (even if it's wrong). Also I found it irritating that David would just flat out not answer questions and continue on with what he was saying.

Don't get me wrong, the reason I was irritated is because this is a fascinating subject and one worthy of learning more about. Even with my irritations, I still very much enjoyed the show. I would be interested in hearing more about this in the future, maybe with some more answers next time.

Peace out... :)
You have a point, i don't have time to do the research and gather the statistics but maybe it is in the books? Anyway, I guess that is what we pay independent researchers for (or $34000 to lawyers? Even if it is not about the money lawyers will make it about the money.) I just wish the info was free like we are all lead to believe by the smiling government that shines up the FIA every once in a while. A good meta search engine might be able to bring all the missing sites, like canamissing and the doe network, together and sort the data for us if anyone wanted to pay $34000 (?) to a freelance computer database programer.

And who, pray tell, is this Robert person? Obviously, one would have to research his research to see if his sources and other information are correct. But I'd think when one is reviewing someone and attacking their work and background by name, they'd provide similar information about themselves.

I've listened to several of David's appearances on various shows and despite being one who may be a little too accepting of paranormal explanations ;) I do find david's constant dodging of the paradoxal undressing a but of a paradox. He does seem to put that aspect in the background. From what I've understood about the issue it's a well established phenomena and evidence has been found of it in perfectly "normal" s&r cases. David doesn't do himself any favors by tackling that aspect a little more openly

Also the review did bring up a very interesting point which I had forgotten all about. About ten years ago I spent a couple of seasons doing some wildfire fighting for the forest service, just seasonal work on a type 2 hand crew. One of the many things we had to be on the lookout for, aside from finding ourselves in a place with no easy escape, were meth labs, pot farms, and poorly marked, which is to say unmarked, abandoned mines, and no, Bigfoot was not on the list, but it did bring out the many dangers awaiting people who venture out into the wilderness and not just from exposure. Lastly, not having read the books, did he not point out that in a number of cases the clothes were neatly folded? I would think those are most certainly signs of someone with diminished reasoning capabilities as opposed to something sinister who probably wouldn't bother with such niceties.

I heard Mr. Paulides do a lengthy interview early this year on C2C about his book Missing 411. The nice thing about it was absolutely no mention about possible paranormal activity involved until the very last five minutes of the show. In my opinion a book about family,children, loved ones who can get lost so easy in a large park can stand on it's own. It would be a great book for parents to read before taking their families on a trip to a large wooded area.

I live in Wisconsin where there are a lot of forest area. Just looking at the forest during dusk is creepy. It's almost like something is looking back.

I just want to share a bit of frustration here as I'm listening to one of the latest TWIS podcast episodes (it's a weekly science show) and the guys whom I deeply respect show pretty much the same level of ridicule about thr latest effort to analyze alleged Bigfoot DNA we see on TV whenever Bigfoot subject is being discussed. It's sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in a bus.

Virtually anyone with any standing in Cryptozoology (like Loren Coleman, for instance) has recognized the Bigfoot DNA announcement for what it was: a silly nonscientific bit of grandstanding that means nothing.

That Mr. Johnson slavishly promoted the dubious stuff on the show but couldn't say what publication or organization was doing the supposed peer-review speaks volumes to to the non-deluded, reasonably intelligent person.

Lance

Just for you Lance, I'm gonna have to dig out an episode of 'Open Minds Radio' with Alejandro Rojas - The digging involves me remembering who the guest was but OMG this guy, when talking about UFOs was using as his sources, every single Greer/Imbrogno type. It wasn't even as if he let a few bad references slip in among some good - all his information came from presentations and books of the absolute worst culprits in Ufology.

It made my teeth grind and it may, in actual fact Lance, give you a coronary event.

You can always count on J.C. to say some pretty crazy crap. I loved his clothes folding story, I only wish that this story contained bing drinking like some of his past stories. I would love to sit around a campfire and let him hold the talking stick for the duration of the evening.

Was it not J.C that mentioned some humongous snake in one of the high deserts of the US?

And we are not talking Anaconda here, we are talking a circumference of 50cm or something, and very long too - If I remember correctly - Chris jumped in questioning (justifiably) how such a creature could even survive given the available food.

I've always wondered what Bigfoot would eat during the winter? Unless he stores food but for such big creatures it would have to be a lot of food. Bears hibernate to conserve energy - does bigfoot do the same?

Was it not J.C that mentioned some humongous snake in one of the high deserts of the US?

And we are not talking Anaconda here, we are talking a circumference of 50cm or something, and very long too - If I remember correctly - Chris jumped in questioning (justifiably) how such a creature could even survive given the available food.

I've always wondered what Bigfoot would eat during the winter? Unless he stores food but for such big creatures it would have to be a lot of food. Bears hibernate to conserve energy - does bigfoot do the same?

I'm more comfortable thinking that he would hibernate rather than store food, given the incidents of missing people. :eek:

Back