• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Micah Hanks

I suppose if we're not talking about sightings and personalities, the consideration of alternate UFO possibilities must be boring. Oh well.

I like the idea of Mr. Hanks' book. It just seems like he said a lot to say very little. There were times when Chris would ask a very interesting question and Mr. Hanks would seemingly answer the question he wished had been asked. Possibilities outside of the ETH are incredibly fascinating (and, most likely, right), but maybe it was Mr. Hanks' attempt at being verbose (how's that for a made-up word) that stalled the interview a little. That's one reason I stopped listening to his show.

I'll definitely seek out the book in hopes that it is more straightforward.

I thought the show was interesting, but I'm not sure if I ever made it through the whole thing. I kept playing it while trying to sleep and it worked great for that. Alternatively every time I would listen to it while awake it would start putting me to sleep. LOL Still, it was very interesting, and Micah Hanks was a great guest, I hope you get him back. Perhaps the show was a bit esoteric for most? I don't have any problem with that. The part I found most interesting was the discussion about whether or not the internet could become conscious. I tend to agree with Chris that it might already be.

Cheers!

...The part I found most interesting was the discussion about whether or not the internet could become conscious. I tend to agree with Chris that it might already be.
Thanks for the "might" caveat. I'm feeling thin-skinned and defensive today because of another thread and I'm glad you didn't provide the debunker types around here any reason to further jump on my ass, pile on and make slurpy humping sounds. :p

That's indeed interesting. Whilst I don't share the sentiment that 'trans-humanism' is anything to look forward to (except for physically disabled people, there the whole concept would be awesome if come to fruition), I indeed wonder why the both of you found it to be sleep inducing ? I think I know why, but if you want to, prove me wrong.

Good show, especially for the newbies. Lot's of solid ground covered. Loved Chris' recount of his vanishing aircraft. Afterward I tried to do some calculations based on Chris' binocular specs, but Chris says he's now lost them. Should we assume that the "blinking out" of an aircraft represents Earth based "exotic technology"? I think it's safe to assume that undisclosed exotic technology exists today, but I don't think it is sufficient to invoke that explanation for craft seen in the early Early Modern Era of ufology. For that matter I don't think it's likely we have anything now that is as sophisticated. What did Chris see?

The aircraft was observed well enough to eliminate the possibility of a mirage. No science I know of ( undisclosed or otherwise ) explains the sudden engine silence unless the plane had crashed. But it didn't crash. It just blinked out. Massive four engine propeller driven planes don't just wink out, and even if they could, there would be no way to silence the propellers. Therefore I don't think that we can assume the aircraft itself had any kind of cloaking shield. Assuming the account is true as witnessed, this leaves only two possibilities. The first is that it wasn't an aircraft, but some sort of alien craft with active camouflage, or that it was an actual aircraft that flew behind something invisible that suddenly blocked the sound.

If I recall correctly, there have been reports of similar things, where it seemed that some large invisible object was hovering silently in the air, and only noticed because some birds flew into it and bounced off. A large object with a cloaking shield might also explain the "shimmer" observed as the aircraft passed behind the edge of the shield. Given the circumstances, this seems to be the only logical choice, and I don't think that we can safely assume that giant invisible silent aircraft are something that our technology has perfected yet.

NOTE: What about some sort of trans-universal portal similar to the strange phenomena reported in the Bermuda Triangle?

I just finished a cursory read of The UFO Singularity by Micah Hanks and it's actually better than expected. Micah considers both conservative and more exotic explanations for the UFO phenomenon, mostly in the context of the Modern Era and speculates where we're headed in the near future as our own technology moves toward the capabilities reported in UFO sightings. Macah's book also comes across more as thoughtful reflection on the various possibilities rather than as a promotional piece for any specific theory or agenda. In doing so it avoids the pitfalls associated with less neutral positions, especially in the case of the more contentious theories like time travel and alternate dimensions. It's a worthy addition to any UFO library, particularly for those who are new to ufology.

..The part I found most interesting was the discussion about whether or not the internet could become conscious. I tend to agree with Chris that it might already be.

Cheers!
Hehe. How did the internetz become conscious? Did someone upload a brain? Does it say ouch when you yank the cable from the computer? Do telephones have a shared conscious? Is this is a joke? :)

Anyways, reminds me of the woo woo temples for digital gear, no conceptual delineation between technology (artifact) and nature (life):

Back