• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Marc Dantonio, September 28, 2014

I have no doubt that if he appeared on the Paracast, he would be treated with respect befitting his own demeanour - that is, he seems a gent and should be treated as such. At the same time, it would be fair game to ask about his beliefs regarding the subject matter on C2C and for all we know, he may have a perfectly good response to any question about his interviewing style!

Without ever having heard his show, I'm guessing that he might say he does not confront and critique the claims of his guests because he seeks to encourage as many people as possible to report what they've experienced or to express their theories. That would be a reasonable approach, as far as I can see, since the subjects of ufos and the paranormal have been so widely shouted down in the past. I think it's why many people interested in these subjects today have to research these subjects extensively to find out what has been reported and hypothesized in the past.

Perhaps I'm just being a bit over sensitive on George Noory's behalf.

I don't think so. There is way too much personal antagonism expressed in this field today, probably a product of frustration over its continuing marginalization. When people can't act effectively against those who actually oppress them -- in this case by withholding information and repressing their inquiries -- they begin to take their frustrations out against one another. And that is not productive but rather destructive imo.

Perhaps I'm just being a bit over sensitive on George Noory's behalf.

I don't find the spot inherently offensive, but do believe we should be more of a community and support one another. At a minimum, that should include avoiding personal judgment of others.

I would love to have George on the Paracast! The fact he hosts easily the largest Paranormal-themed radio show in the World (I think) means he is worthy of interviewing. I have no doubt that if he appeared on the Paracast, he would be treated with respect befitting his own demeanour - that is, he seems a gent and should be treated as such. At the same time, it would be fair game to ask about his beliefs regarding the subject matter on C2C and for all we know, he may have a perfectly good response to any question about his interviewing style!
FWIW: From what I hear, C2C has been losing listeners left and right the past several years. They lost their NYC market station over a year ago, and I heard somewhere that they might be lucky to have a 30K listenership every night. That's a big slide since the Art Bell glory daze when they had several million listeners!

I like George, he's a really sweet guy when you speak w/ him, but doing that show every night—year-after-year would make anyone's brain numb. I think the host fatigue has set in and that is understandable, but the producers should also be taken to task for continually booking the same worn-out guests week-after-week. I could name names, Wilcock, Hoagland, Howe, Dames, Serada, etc etc etc... but I never listen to the show and can only go on what fans of the show have grumbled to me :eek:.

Possibly. Depends on whether we could raise the revenue opportunities in doing that. Hate to be crass, but one has to keep food on the table.

Great work Gene and Chris. I really appreciate the effort you guys put into this show.

One thing that caught my ear during the Marc Dantonio interview was his reference to his own extraordinary experience, which wasn't expanded on. I wonder if we could get Marc to post a write up on it. Given his impressive mix of skepticism and open mindedness, it would have extra value as a personal anecdote. Or, maybe that'll just have to wait for a reappearance on a future show...

A fair number of people who have experiences early on find themselves involved in the UFO field over the years. This isn't unusual. It happens usually in one's preteen years or even earlier.

A fair number of people who have experiences early on find themselves involved in the UFO field over the years. This isn't unusual. It happens usually in one's preteen years or even earlier.

For sure. I'm generally curious about everything, but I think my experience in youth probably added to my interest later in life.

So that means we have far more listeners than C2C. Well, at least if those figures are correct.

If the numbers Chris mentioned are even remotely correct then I am really surprised something hasn't been done to try up the listener figures. I mean C2C was absolutely untouchable in the past. I reckon it would fair better if George Knapp was the main host and as Chris said, getting rid of those tired, true believer type guests.

I wonder if the reason the figures for Coast having dropped so much is the explosion of new podcasts covering the paranormal? There are far, far more shows around now compared to the heyday of C2C. Possibly along with the number of new shows is the fact there are more niche shows too, so those more interested in UFOs can listen to shows concentrating on that subject and others on other subjects? Either way, it's a boon for the listener as it's a listener's market with all the choice out there. I doubt any paranormal show even can come close to the numbers of Coast from back in the day.

From Wikipedia: "The ratings of Coast to Coast AM under Noory have fallen to only 3.25 million listeners per week. Coast to Coast AM previously boasted a weekly listening audience in excess of 10 million listeners.Since 2013 the listener numbers have shrunk an additional half million to a mere 2.75 million. Listener numbers in 2014 has also continued to decline to 2.5 million."

C2C still rules.

From Wikipedia: … Listener numbers in 2014 has also continued to decline to 2.5 million."
C2C still rules.
Wiki? hmmm. Maybe we should question the ad/ad/marketing dept of Clear Channel who probably wrote the wiki entry. I heard they were dropped from the NYC market *ouch* Sure, they are still the so-called "paranormal" show w/ the largest audience, but I've heard from an insider that their numbers are well below 1/2 million listeners. But, let's get real... It's quality of listener rather than numbers of listeners that sets the Paracast apart from C2C. C2C rules alright, they rule the world of the wanna-believe, true believer crowd.

Back