• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Man of Steel Trailer #3

Free episodes:

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
This one has the actual music from the film, composed by Hans Zimmer, which includes a core of drums featuring famous rock musicians, such as Sheila E and Jason Bonham (son of Led Zeppelin's Jon Bonham):

If anyone cares, this will be the 75th anniversary of Superman, I hear.

When i was about 6 i had mum make me a superman costume, and had a pile of the comics

I still get the urge the wear my undies outside my pants sometimes

The more I see of this movie, the more I can't wait to see it. I love Snyder's directing style, I thought he did a great job with Watchmen, I can't wait to see what he has done with this.

Iron Man 3 is projected to break the 1 billion mark (worldwide). I think this will surpass it. I caught a glimpse of Zod's heat vision in the new commercial, looks amazing. It opens June 14th.

So "Man of Steel" is doing nicely in the box office, thank you, though reviews were mixed. Seems a crowd pleaser though. I caught a mid-day showing at the nearby 25-screen multiplex in 2D. I didn't bother with IMAX.

This is not a review, but I really enjoyed the film. It is quite different from the Superman of old in ways that are relevant and more realistic in the gritty 21st century, and I've had the chance to listen to interviews with director Zack Snyder and screenwriter David S. Goyer about what they did and why. A lot of careful thought went into the decisions they made, and they realize some, such as the way General Zod is dealt with, remain controversial.

But no spoilers for now.

If you want my take on the actors who portrayed Superman over the years, check here:

Newsletter Issue #707 | The Tech Night Owl Newsletter — Cutting-Edge Tech Commentary

Back