• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Major Forum Upgrade Coming

Free episodes:

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The developer of the forum app we use, XenForo, just released a major upgrade, version 1.2.

For the most part, this won't change much on the forums, but there will be differences in the way you format text, and there might be glitches.

If you want to see what a updated forum looks like, check The Tech Night Owl LIVE Community Forums. There's a separate banner for staff members, and a new way to watch a forum or a thread.

If you've set your forum to Watch for new messages or threads with Alerts or Email, you will need to do most of that all over again. Sorry. That's the price of advancement, I guess.

All things being equal, we'll have this all done between August 1 and August 2, 2013.

The developer of the forum app we use, XenForo, just released a major upgrade, version 1.2.

For the most part, this won't change much on the forums, but there will be differences in the way you format text, and there might be glitches.

If you want to see what a updated forum looks like, check The Tech Night Owl LIVE Community Forums. There's a separate banner for staff members, and a new way to watch a forum or a thread.

If you've set your forum to Watch for new messages or threads with Alerts or Email, you will need to do most of that all over again. Sorry. That's the price of advancement, I guess.

All things being equal, we'll have this all done between August 1 and August 2, 2013.

Come On auto korreckt !

Is it possible to give us some time in which to reedit our posts in the conversations after they've been posted, and if so would you please do that? Even 15 minutes would help.

For now, we have to remove our "Events" add-on, the calendar display of upcoming meetings, birthdays and such, because it's not compatible. We'll look for a replacement and hope to find one soon.

For now, we have to remove our "Events" add-on, the calendar display of upcoming meetings, birthdays and such, because it's not compatible. We'll look for a replacement and hope to find one soon.

A minor visual tweak. I don't see an option for setting our own colors and such, or I would have set this as a personal preference. I find the background color of the quoted text a bit too light. At a distance and at the right angle it's barely distinguishable from the white background, sort of like the scrollbar problem in MSIE 10. Anyway if it's a big hassle to darken it a bit just ignore me. It's minor.

There are third-party add-ons that improve formatting. I tend to want to avoid them, as sometimes they cause more problems than they're worth.

There are third-party add-ons that improve formatting. I tend to want to avoid them, as sometimes they cause more problems than they're worth.
Understandable. If colors for the quoted sections aren't capable of being set from a backend admin panel, their probably set on a CSS sheet. It should be fairly simple to change the color parameters to something a little darker e.g. from #FFF4E5 to #F0E6D8.

Understandable. If colors for the quoted sections aren't capable of being set from a backend admin panel, their probably set on a CSS sheet. It should be fairly simple to change the color parameters to something a little darker e.g. from #FFF4E5 to #F0E6D8.
OK. That is possible. I have to check the style properties. Write me and I will research this.

is there any way to navigate to latest posts? for whatever reason whenever I go to New Posts and click on the appropriate thread many times it goes to the first page or a middle page. I'd like to see the last entry most the time.

disregard I just saw the recent posts link.

It's all looking good, cause esthetically, I can't tell much difference other than the editor so far! This forum's format has always been an absolute favorite (in fact, a treat!) to read and write on. No fatigue to the eyes. Very straight forward, but yet, a little mysterious and friendly all round. Paragroovy man!:cool:

Thank you for the update. I can now see an actual 'Alerts' button instead of trying to feel around the page to find it squashed between the logout and attack of the rockoids links.

Back