• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Listener Round Table TODAY! Anyone Interested??

Great question and I wish I had time to answer it on the show, but I think I may unintentionally have already done enough hogging of the microphone ( so to speak ) :oops:. My apologies to the other guests if I stepped on anyone's toes.

To give my opinion, I think that each phenomena needs to be unequivocally defined and mapped to it's relationship to the others by way of commonalities. For example UFOs are one thing and poltergeists are another, but both phenomena sometimes involve what appears to involve levitation, so perhaps there is a connection between UFO antigravity systems and what seems like poltergeist activity. We might even pose the question: Are the two directly related?
And the cases where people have witnessed lights in the sky and the seen a big foot ?

Great question and I wish I had time to answer it on the show, but I think I may unintentionally have already done enough hogging of the microphone ( so to speak ) :oops:. My apologies to the other guests if I stepped on anyone's toes.

To give my opinion, I think that each phenomena needs to be unequivocally defined and mapped to it's relationship to the others by way of commonalities. For example UFOs are one thing and poltergeists are another, but both phenomena sometimes involve what appears to involve levitation, so perhaps there is a connection between UFO antigravity systems and what seems like poltergeist activity. We might even pose the question: Are the two directly related?
That's all well & fine Randall, but that still doesn't explain which type of potato chip you would be.

I encourage anyone who is thinking about it to give it a go, Gene and Chris are really really good at what they do, and make it easy for the novice to participate.
I really enjoyed the one i did with Gene Chris and Goggs

Aw! I would have loved to have been in on another one. Call me next time, Gene. You should have my cell. No guarantees but I could have done it this time. By all means. Can't wait to hear the show this week!

I am really impressed with the excellent quality of the discussion of Howard, Curtis, and Randal. There knowledge of the subjects that were discussed gives, the show, The Forum and you Gene great credit. THANK YOU FOR HAVING THEM ON THE SHOW. Chris is always great.
I have one comment on the alien abductors. That is, if they really wanted for us to clean up our planet. They would not abduct the person driving in the country, who could preach environmental repentance until (s)he died without any significant change in human behavior. Instead, they would take the one hundred riches persons up into their flying saucer,fly them around for an hour, and say the next trip will be one way if do not make major environmental friendly changes in the way you do business.
Thank you all great show!

On the absence of alien abduction cases: Just go to a UFO conference and hang out with various groups, you will find some. Stand by someone's table like Travis Walton's for example, you will see people sharing their "abductions" and other experiences. Some of these are quite emotionally told. I think the activity or claims of the activity are not publicly shared by many folks out of fear of ridicule. Unfortunately, many of these people gravitate toward UFO conventions and paranormal investigators rather than medical professionals or non-community P.I.s or investigators for initial attempts at getting help.

Tried to listen to this show. The guests were all pretty good and I appreciate them taking their time out and participating in the show. However, like the reader whose letter Gene read before the show, I frankly could not take the host's gloating, giggling and political slant. It was seriously like listening to MSNBC. I swear I heard every liberal buzzword over and over "greedy capitalists," "global warming," "Plutocracy," "destroying the environment," etc, ad nauseum...

Chris, just giggled and laughed at anything remotely ET related, gloated about the "total lack of evidence."

Ultimately, if anyone has read my posts on this site, you will see that I am pretty open-minded when it comes to the subject. If a case is suspect and bunk, I will say so, if something is beyond explanation, I have no problem saying so and leaving the door open to "whatever." I am not in the ETH camp, but I do think they should have a seat at the table. Despite what Gene and Chris say, they spend a good percentage of most shows, ridiculing anyone who is talking about "space ships" and "aliens" but think they are open minded, because in the last 2 mins of the show, they "say" they accept that some cases could be "alien" but there is "zero evidence".

Giggling and making light of serious, and often times inexplicable encounters, isn't helping progress the field, although it may help sell books since UFOs and Aliens are passé whereas governmental black projects, political corruption, and evil capitalists are buzz worthy. As such, I am not shocked at some of the conclusions the hosts of the show often make. Follow the money.

kristoff-booger-disclaimer.jpg

So now it appears I'll have to stay past the ending credits for Disney movies as well as Marvel movies.

Perhaps someone can shed light on some anomalous incidents my wife had:

The Disheveled Sad Clown (~ Age 4-5)
She would see a raggedy disheveled clown in ripped up clown gear and street makeup every single time a newscaster would say on the TV: "We interrupt this broadcast to bring you a special news bulletin...".

The clown would have an incredibly sad expression, wouldn't move and was positioned in the other room about 20 feet away. Light would shine on him making him quite visible. She would feel his presence in several places throughout the house, but the times the announcement would be broadcast were the only times she would see him. She insists that this is no dream or product of childhood imagination, but very real. Various violent things happened in and around the house and her parents finally sold it.
UFO Over Bronx County Courthouse (~ Age 15)
She was sitting on her bed with her friend when they both saw this large silent disc shaped object hovering over, and covering the entire roof of the Bronx Country Courthouse in New York City. She described it as "huge" with many multicolored lights. It hovered for a few seconds and vanished. This was before Close Encounter of the Third Kind, so she wasn't influenced by that film.

Technomage-Tee

Thanks for taking the time to answer the first two scenarios. Ufology's response was interesting and Chris's statement on the archetypical nature of clowns was interesting as well. I'll repost the last two events next time.

And the cases where people have witnessed lights in the sky and the seen a big foot ?
I think that such cases should be investigated on the merit of the evidence presented and that links between phenomena should be considered and weighed accordingly.

Tried to listen to this show. The guests were all pretty good and I appreciate them taking their time out and participating in the show. However, like the reader whose letter Gene read before the show, I frankly could not take the host's gloating, giggling and political slant. It was seriously like listening to MSNBC. I swear I heard every liberal buzzword over and over "greedy capitalists," "global warming," "Plutocracy," "destroying the environment," etc, ad nauseum...

Chris, just giggled and laughed at anything remotely ET related, gloated about the "total lack of evidence."

Ultimately, if anyone has read my posts on this site, you will see that I am pretty open-minded when it comes to the subject. If a case is suspect and bunk, I will say so, if something is beyond explanation, I have no problem saying so and leaving the door open to "whatever." I am not in the ETH camp, but I do think they should have a seat at the table. Despite what Gene and Chris say, they spend a good percentage of most shows, ridiculing anyone who is talking about "space ships" and "aliens" but think they are open minded, because in the last 2 mins of the show, they "say" they accept that some cases could be "alien" but there is "zero evidence".

Giggling and making light of serious, and often times inexplicable encounters, isn't helping progress the field, although it may help sell books since UFOs and Aliens are passé whereas governmental black projects, political corruption, and evil capitalists are buzz worthy. As such, I am not shocked at some of the conclusions the hosts of the show often make. Follow the money.

Not sure how the money trail fits into the picture above, but I do appreciate very much your statement that, "Giggling and making light of serious, and often times inexplicable encounters, isn't helping progress the field ..." During the show I brought up one such personal incident that I have been mocked and ridiculed for many times, and I did that not only to show support for the idea that strange things do happen, but to show others who have had strange experiences shouldn't be afraid to tell other people about them, no matter how bizarre they may seem.

We have evolved senses to perceive external objective reality and far more often than not these senses do a very good job of detecting things that exist in the reality beyond our subjective selves. This isn't merely opinion or philosophy but a scientific fact. It's called the stimulus response, and it operates on a physical level that has been studied intensely and proven beyond doubt to work extremely well in all cases except for those where rare and often intentional circumstances are setup to confuse and deceive them.

I listened to that round table discussion last night and want to commend you, ufology, on your rational representation of the ETH as the best available hypothesis based on the 60 years of multiply sourced international data we have by now.

@withoutlimits09 - It's funny how 2 people can hear the same thing and have different opinions of how it was. I do not for one second think that Chris or Gene were actually laughing at the idea of the ETH. I do not think they discount it either. It's just we have insufficient tangible evidence to convince many people that there really are non-man made craft in our skies. Even though we have photos etc of UFOs, we don't have photos of any occupants and we most certainly do not know if any possible UFO occupants actually come from another planet.

Even Randall (Ufology) would concede that the ETH is really arrived at by process of elimination, that is, we work out that it might indeed be the most probable hypothesis. It isn't because we have solid proof the ETH is the answer. Unless you can supply proof of who UFO occupants are and where they are from, we can only guess until then.
Some people believe that a great power may be masquerading as ET's visiting in ships, some believe it is a crypto-terrestrial race. I happen to think it's more than one answer myself which includes the ETH but I cannot say for sure. We don't even know if UFOs are occupied by beings at all, they could be automated machines etc?

All I am trying to say is that I know for a fact Gene and Chris do not have a condescending attitude to anyone who supports the ETH, only that they do find the blind faith of people like Linda Moulton Howe to the ETH amusing. Even when presented with evidence to the contrary, she continues to believe that the cattle mutilation phenomenon is all UFO related, and what proof does she have to make such an assertion? It is that kind of blind faith without facts that Gene and Chris probably find amusing. I probably should not be posting as if I know their minds so you should ask them directly - you will get a reply an no-one is gonna laugh at anything you say.

Back