• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

July 5th, 2009 - Jim Dilettosso

Gareth

Nothin' to see here
Great show.

I like Jim, hes one of the good guys for sure. I dig they way he approaches his analysis work and his complete lack of emotional attachment to one outcome or another.

Keep up the great work Jim.

I totally agree, Jim is a good guy and seems very thorough yet open to improving his methods. He also has a very cool background in working with bands!

The only thing I would add is that if I were him, I would be more diligent from the get go whenever someone uses my name and reputation in a misleading way to further their own agenda. As soon as I heard someone was crediting me with something I didn't do or twisting my analysis in a public setting, I would be all over their ass! But Jim seems like a mellow dude. DB would not let this shit slide for sure!!!

2 things I had taken for granted before this episode:

- all parts of Billy Meier are a complete fraud
- those were flares in the second part of the phoenix lights

Yet, Jim did some serious research into both and the evidence did not lean towards these conclusions. Very interesting.

Once again my signature seems appropriate to me:

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing!"

Something is not right here. There is a disconnect. Dilettosso is in the Hall of Shame on ufowatchdog.com.

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/hall2.html

Dave and Gene kind of gave him a pass on this, and anecdotally mentioned the Meier stuff at the end of the show.

He sounds intelligent and is very well spoken -- but then again so is Hoagland.

Did Dilettosso endorse the Billy Meier photos as genuine or not?

If so, did he ever recant his assessment of the Meier photos?

Should his status be reconsidered on watchdog?

What gives?

Something is not right here. There is a disconnect. Dilettosso is in the Hall of Shame on ufowatchdog.com.

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/hall2.html

Dave and Gene kind of gave him a pass on this, and anecdotally mentioned the Meier stuff at the end of the show.

He sounds intelligent and is very well spoken -- but then again so is Hoagland.

Did Dilettosso endorse the Billy Meier photos as genuine or not?

If so, did he ever recant his assessment of the Meier photos?

Should his status be reconsidered on watchdog?

What gives?

My impression from hearing Jim on the paracast a couple times (first time was X conference epsisode) is that Jim's seal of approval has been spun by certain people. While he did analysis on some of the early photos from Meier and from his tests decided they were legit, he was not involved in any later analysis. So to say that Jim is a big supporter of the all the Meier material including the obviously fake photos is over stating his work on this case. it doesn't seem like he should be in the hall of shame, other than for his lack of publicly fighting certain people that misleadingly use his name to support their agenda. But then again, I'm just basing this on hearing 2 interviews with him on the paracast.

Listen to the episode. Carefully.

See that part where I got him to admit that the "wedding cake" photos were miniatures? As in FAKES?

You're welcome.

We're walking a fine line here. Appreciate the realities of doing this show, and dealing with people who have complex realities.

Reminds me of this scene from my favorite movie:

dB

This is the kind of episode I love. I got half way through the Nancy Talbot episode and turned it off. I do think such episodes are valuable in casting a rational eye upon such claims. And that is invaluable. But I am sick of listening to BS, with respect to David and Gene. I think they do such shows as the Nancy Talbot episode because so are they. But this was a good episode. Jim seems to approach cases with objectivity, and that's refreshing.

Listen to the episode. Carefully.

See that part where I got him to admit that the "wedding cake" photos were miniatures? As in FAKES?

You're welcome.

We're walking a fine line here. Appreciate the realities of doing this show, and dealing with people who have complex realities.

Reminds me of this scene from my favorite movie:

dB

Gottcha. To me Jim came off as openly admitting some of the photos were fakes, but I didn't think those fakes were the same ones he gave his seal of approval too. But I stand corrected.

Good episode. Not anywhere near as much photo-analytical "shop talk" as I had feared.

I like hearing that shop talk. Even if 80% of it goes over my head.

Gives me a better understanding and appreciation for image analysis and the techniques and work that goes into it.

Gives me a better understanding and appreciation for image analysis and the techniques and work that goes into it.

I guess I'm the opposite. I get about 80% of it but I'd rather just hear the end results than have time taken up unecessarily with the analysis. There's so much to discuss and only two hours to discuss it. After all, it's an interview show not a seminar. Fortunately this was not the case as I feared. Gene and David kept things running along smoothly and the minor amount of jargon involving the weaknesses of analog video cameras was informative.

I just started listening and roughly 10 minutes in David starts talking about "one world gubmint!" I knew he worked for David Rockefeller! I'm on to you!.....

:D

I thought they were talking about Spectreman at one point.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Attachments

• spectreman.jpg
    spectreman.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 60
I only have one thing to say. Go here and then come back and tell me you do not know whether they are flares or not.

Great stuff dmabo. That absolutely settles it IMO.

The problem now is that most of the public doesnt know that the "Phoenix Lights" was actually two separate events, so anyone that sees this video will think that is the end of it. (and Im sure that was the point of the flares in the first place)

Great stuff dmabo. That absolutely settles it IMO.

The problem now is that most of the public doesnt know that the "Phoenix Lights" was actually two separate events, so anyone that sees this video will think that is the end of it. (and Im sure that was the point of the flares in the first place)

So true.

Look guys, I remember seeing this years ago, I really do. I actually was taken aback when David and Gareth chimed in as if it was news to them, honestly. Whatever this was, must not have been a widely watched program and I just happen to catch it. It was several years ago.

But it was the reports of large craft SEEN flying overhead that was the interesting part of the story. This (flares) all happened later - re: Gareth's statement.

I've not seen this material until now. Yes, believe it, there's plenty of stuff I haven't seen, only so many hours in the day. Definitely puts that whole part to bed for me, and yes, we've talked about the 2 separate events on the show more than a couple of times.

dB

I've not seen this material until now. Yes, believe it, there's plenty of stuff I haven't seen, only so many hours in the day. Definitely puts that whole part to bed for me, and yes, we've talked about the 2 separate events on the show more than a couple of times.

dB

To be fair, the only way I knew about the whole 'two separate events' thing is by listening to the Paracast.

(I still think the Mike Fortson interview is one of the best shows you guys have done... some of what was mentioned in that interview just floored me. I had no idea)

The general public has no hope.

Back