• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

July 17, 2016 — Shop Talk 2016 with Gene and Chris

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Every so often, it's time to catch up on The Paracast, as Gene and Chris present an entire episode talking about everything from the state of paranormal research to music and UFOs, strange sounds, and even a little bit about politics.

Special: On the accompanying episode of After The Paracast, we'll feature Nick Pope, not on Rendlesham, but on conspiracy theories, into which he's taken a personal and detailed interest.

Please check the following for simple sign-up instructions for our premium subscription service:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

I wasn't. I love you guys but come on. I listen to The Paracast to learn about the paranormal (four years now), not to learn about obscure 70's rock bands, or hear a conversation about freaking bear spray. I'd love to subscribe to your premium show, but definitely not until y'all are back on your game. I mean here I am listening to the latest Paracast, which I've waited for since I finished the last episode last Sunday, and you've been droning on about old music for 20 minutes, and now y'all are assaulting my ears with the freaking sounds of Saturn. You could at least attempt to talk about appropriate subject matter. Uhg :confused:

And you forget rock and roll and flying saucers then.

Listen to the description of the sounds.

One more thing: Our After The Paracast this week consisted of an exclusive interview with Nick Pope on conspiracy theories. He expects hate mail as a result of his viewpoints. It's worth a listen, but you have to subscribe.

I wasn't. I love you guys but come on. I listen to The Paracast to learn about the paranormal (four years now), not to learn about obscure 70's rock bands, or hear a conversation about freaking bear spray. I'd love to subscribe to your premium show, but definitely not until y'all are back on your game. I mean here I am listening to the latest Paracast, which I've waited for since I finished the last episode last Sunday, and you've been droning on about old music for 20 minutes, and now y'all are assaulting my ears with the freaking sounds of Saturn. You could at least attempt to talk about appropriate subject matter. Uhg :confused:

You should have learned by now …..

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the main reasons I signed up for Paracast+ was so that I wouldn't have to listen to that deranged con man Alex Jones. Now that I'm a member, I would pay extra to hear Gene continue to bash another deranged con man, Donald Trump.

I agree. It was a real snoozefest. Halfway through I couldn't take any more and turned it off.

Chris O'Brien is coming off as being supremely bored with the Paracast,, and frankly is being dismissive and unkind to Gene and his personal struggles. If he would really prefer to listen and not "pontificate," I think it is time Gene- to get another co-host. Perhaps one that is grateful for the opportunity to reach thousands of people and to share ideas.

I really dislike speaking up for another person, but I felt I must. Chris has spoken about his own health issues and needing to work multiple jobs to pay the bills. You obviously haven't been listening very much or very carefully.

As far as 'reaching thousands of people and sharing ideas', that is all very nice, but it doesn't put food on the table or heal your body.

It was interesting to hear about the hosts backgrounds, I would like to hear more, maybe a sort of biography episode, you could interview each other?

I also found Chris's description of the contact in the desert event hilarious.

I wonder if people struggle with Chris's irony? I don't think he was being mean at all when he was "teasing" Gene, I know that some of the things me and my friends say to each other would seem unkind when taken out of the context of friendship.

The highlight of the show for me was hearing the Aztec Death Whistle being played, it really did sound like someone crying out in agony!:eek: The craftsperson who invented it, must have had an astounding knowledge of sound to be able to craft such an instrument.
I am certainly going to try and find out more about it now, which I think is one of the goals of the show: (to inspire learning).

Love Chris, and can't wait to hear another Corey Goode rant...I'd sign up again just for that, and frankly some of these so called experts need grilling.

I simply follow Gene's lead—sorry if you don't approve. If you don't like the show, perhaps you should create your own show and see how easy it is to get good quality guests for over 500 weeks and how effortless it is to get yourself up2speed enough to be able to ask intelligent, probing questions.
Exactly,even the greatest programmes of all time have peaks and troughs.The Paracast in my opinion is consistently good.Even the weaker episodes usually have a gem or two if you listen all the way through.

I predict we will be hearing a new co-host very soon. The slap at Gene's wife not working a few episodes ago is something I am sure Gene will not tolerate.

Back