• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Joseph P. Farrell

Another great show, really well done!! I love those episode when Gene and Chris are kind of silent not because they have no choice but need to give a guest a chance to present his point of view (no matter how outrageous it is) but because it is really interesting to hear intelligent, smart and knowledgable person speaking.

There was a funny moment when I realize what other person voice does the guest voice resemble. It was a guest from Gene's other show "TechNightOwl" Laptop mag editor in chief -:))

Now whenever I hear people talking about conspiracy theory, and especially such a knowledgeable guy, I wonder what to make of it? Should I believe in what a theory present and if I do believe it should really freak me out - to live in a world with fascists in power!

Or I should just juggle the idea in my mind and toss it aside since I have the list of daily issues to deal with and this one it seems like not the first one in the line?

I have no idea which one is right and even is there the right one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in a bus.

... and if I do believe it should really freak me out - to live in a world with fascists in power!

Exactly what I was pondering, and I thought I already had a pretty dark world-view. Problem is, if you start thinking about it, it makes sense. When Gene asked when the fascist shadow overlords would seize power (or something along these lines), I, too, though of JFK and, "well, maybe they already have..." But of course most conspiracy theories presented by knowledgeable people seem to make sense at some point (e.g. the moon hoax), otherwise there wouldn't be so many people buying into them.

Now that I have listened to the whole show, I have to say that it was informative and interesting. He's almost certainly right about the financial aspects and that probably a lot of the lesser nazis escaped justice (I think I'll have to include Wernher von Braun maybe even as a bigger one). I really don't know why the Deutsche Bank still is one of the biggest and most powerful here (but I guess otherwise they would still be, just under another name). But from there toRoswell.. I don't think so.

I have never heard of the german authors he mentioned, but that may be because I'm absolutely not interested in the whole nazi UFO myth. I'm afraid a lot of germans who read these books are either right wing oriented or, if they aren't, don't tell anybody that they do read them.

Without arguing your point I want to share the recent study i've heard about on TWIS show episode about why popular myths die so hard:
1. It's a chemical effort for a brain to reject something as a post to just swallow it
2. If it's something that goes along your existing point of view
3. If others believe in it
4. If the story is coherent.

This is why there are and will be significant number of people to keep a myth / urban legend alive. I understand word believe as taking on its face value, not actually logically accepting after careful analysis.

Actually I don't think it's even possible to ask 7 billion people to process all information they consume from media and each other to process it carefully,and just swallowing and rushing ahead with their routine. Again, I am not saying that it is a good thing bit that's how it goes.

Without arguing your point I want to share the recent study i've about on TWIS show episode about why popular myths did so hard:
1. It's a chemical effort for a brain to reject something as a post to just swallow it
2. If it's something that goes along your existing point of view
3. If others believe in it
4. If the story is coherent.

This is why so many people will continue to believe in urban legends and pop culture myths.

What does "so many people" mean in the post above? Clearly it's implying that a majority of people "believe" in urban legends. But I don't think that's true. I think it's an unfounded generalization propagated by skeptics, and that most people simply hear stories and repeat them because they're something they found interesting or entertaining, and that what they really "believe" seldom really enters into it. Just because stories are prevalent doesn't mean everyone, let alone a majority actually believe in them. As for the "chemical effort" required to believe ... there may be something to that, but I think it's less like "believing" and more like simply recording the information without adding any extra filters. After all, to come to a real "belief" about something also requires added brain power. So the real effect is probably even less sophisticated and more like monkey see - monkey do, which explains why people ehco advertising and politicians. Most people are sheeple ... that much seems self-evident. That's why it's the responsibility of those who do bother to use some extra brain power, to be honest and as objective as possible when making a judgment regarding the truth and accuracy of information.

"So many" doesn't mean literally millions but significant enough to keep an urban legend or myth alive. Obviously there is no concrete number to talk about.

"
So many" doesn't mean literally millions but significant enough to keep an urban legend or myth alive. Obviously there is no concrete number to talk about.

Fair enough, but the point remains that just because myths are kept alive doesn't mean anyone actually "believes" in them. Blind belief requires trust to first be earned and a lack of trust causes people to automatically question. Either way "more chemical effort" is required to either believe or disbelieve than to simply retell the story without having taken any position. Therefore it seems to me that the conclusion may be based on the false premise that simply passing along a story = belief in the story.

Someone mentioned possible esoteric characteristics of Nazis. This prompts a memory of Hubertus Strughold speaking to our astronomy club in San Antonio decades ago. (probably the early 1970's.) X-File aficionados may recall the character of Victor Klemper from the episode "Paper Clip". Klemper was obviously a Strughold knockoff.

Life is strange. Strughold's persona (I use the term persona in its strictest sense as what is presented outwardly to others) could not have been more different than the curmudgeon Klemper. Strughold in person was charming and witty. His presentation about the possibility of life on Mars was enthusiastic and engaging.

I toss this out for what it is worth. People are complex and complex people often very compartmentalized. Stalin was reputedly perceived as a soft spoken gentleman ! But I do think some of the Paperclip scientists had a passion for space travel. They were probably less than choosy about their choice of patrons.

another great guest. unfortunately just scratched the surface. need to get this dude on again. been a good run of shows Gene and Chris.

We all seemed to miss the ball with the questions for mr Farrell. I wanted to know if Joseph had been following the Ocean explorer x-team's exploration of the circle anomaly in the baltic sea.

Fantastic show! I really enjoyed it! While there seem to be a few posters thinking there is a lot of conspiracy theory hoopla here, I think it is uncomfortably close to the mark. And it's as good a hypothesis as any at this point. Just look at the state of our country and the world. Unfortunately I think there is more truth to this hypothesis than most.

Farrell is articulate and thought provoking and I always enjoy hearing what he has to say.

The breakaway hypothesis is in some ways very appealing. It seems to fit high strangeness ufo events into a framework we might rationally conceive. But as the attendant baggage surrounding it accumulates, we are left with a scenario almost as bizarre competing theories. We are postulating a very advanced and thriving culture arising from and existing surreptitiously in the midst of our own. This is roughly equivalent to the hypothetical perfect lie or deception. Dunno....

I would, however, like to know what the hell really happened to Hans Kammler ??? I agree with Nick Cook that his omission from post WWII history frankly stinks.

Best show in awhile guys! Please, have him back on again soon. It'd be great to get into Hans Kammler and the Nazi atomic bomb.

Joseph stated that he did not think Nazi UFO's were the answer for every UFO case. If I remember correctly (maybe from Alien Agenda by Jim Marrs or maybe from poking around), Werner Von Braun stated on more than one occasion that the German's got their technology from another race or source that had worked with them, possibly through the Thule Society, or that other society with all the female mystics (maybe it's the same, I don't remember, but the females have been mentioned on the show).

I think Joseph's linking of the Nazi's and the Bilderberger's and corporate fascism is brilliant, and that's what I think is the best hypothesis. Not just for the UFO phenomena, but where we find our country and the wold today. I think that there is a lot of evidence pointing to the truth of that particular scenario. As far as the UFO subject and how it ties into it, well I again have to agree that I believe there is a breakaway society that has high technology secreted away somewhere. Take Ben Rich's quotes about having the technology to take ET home as a prime example. However, if you still desire your high strangeness fix, there's plenty of room for that with the "others" that Von Braun spoke about. I still think that there is an extradimensional aspect to UFO's, but that doesn't mean there's not a breakaway society that is more technically advanced than us plebes. By the same token, it doesn't mean that there aren't UFO's are only a nuts and bolts extraterrestrial craft either.

I think Joseph's linking of the Nazi's and the Bilderberger's and corporate fascism is brilliant, and that's what I think is the best hypothesis. Not just for the UFO phenomena, but where we find our country and the wold today. I think that there is a lot of evidence pointing to the truth of that particular scenario.

I think "brilliant" might be a bit overstated. However "creative" yes ... "Interesting" yes ... "Entertaining" yes. But to be truly brilliant ( with respect to the UFO issue ) you'd have to convincingly, objectively and logically refute all the issues I posted earlier. I really don't see how that is possible. But I'm open to discussion.

Loved the show, always fascinating to hear Farrell talk. My only real hangup is the exploded planet hypothesis for the asteroid belt.
Problem #1: the astroid belt is very, very thin. So thin that if you stuck all the stuff together into a planet, it would be 4% of the size of the moon. Pretty small place to form a biosphere and a habitable planet.
Problem #2: the solar system came into being by accretion, and many models predict that the belt just didn't have the mass to accrete together. Plus jupiter's gravity would have tugged on it, making it difficult to accrete anyway.
Problem #3: the asteroid belt is not in the "green belt" of a habitable zone. It's too cold for liquid water out past the orbit of Mars.
Problem #4: it takes a lot of energy to blow up a planet. It would be a lot easier to kill everything on it's surface than to blow it up in a "cosmic war".
Loved the rest of the show.

I loved this show. We are indeed riding on the coat tails of German tech.A few of the online videos I watched on this subject tie in mysticism with the German SS who were in charge of the concept UFOs. This is a known fact but I'm not sure how this ties into the tech they had. The implication seems to be that some of the knowledge may have been obtained through the black arts...this seems like quite a stretch. Although Joseph didn't touch on this idea I have heard it brought forth as a theory.

I would be interested to know the validity of the pics seen in circles that put forth these theories. If even one or two of the pictures are not fakes then we see these craft developed and in some cases flying.

I think there is a strong possibility that at least some of the sightings of UFOs were German developments. Our entire nuclear program is in large part due to the Germans and their early developments in this area.Our space program is credited to them as well. I would not have put it past them to have found out something about putting a disc in the air through vortex or magnetic propulsion.

When I first read about this theory I thought it was absurd but the more I investigated it the more plausible it seems to be. The validity of some of those old pics would go a long way towards further convincing. Some of the largest scientific advancements in human history have happened within the last 100 years. We have developed them further but the theories and working models in the lab were in place long before.

I recall something in a book written by U.S. rocket scientist G. Harry Stine years ago. The late Mr. Stine would himself make an interesting character study, occasionally showing in print an esoteric side of bordering on the occult. Stine opined that the V2 rocket made no cost effective sense as a means of delivering nothing more exotic than a high explosive warhead. Recall that the Germans spent the equivalent of billions of research dollars on rocket propulsion. The inference here is that the V2 was conceived as a platform for nuclear warheads. I think he may have been onto something.

There are also short, cryptic references in Stine's work to breakthroughs in exotic propulsion. Stine apparently even swore to having witnessed a demo of some kind of inertialess propulsion device back in the forties or fifties, origins unknown. It's hard to know what to make of this.

Is it not a fact that there was plenty of public speculation about research into anti-grav in the '50s but then suddenly after like '59 it all but disappeared from the literature? Like it all went black in outfits such as the Skunkworks and was all located at places such as Area51?

I can't claim to have checked this assertion out myself but I've heard it said from different sources. I wonder what the exact truth of that is? There must be aviation/engineering journal back-issues online or in library's of University's. It might be quite easy to see if there really was publicly-known anti-grav research that went black. That Hutchison guy in Canada - if he really did levitate that bowling ball then I would find it impossible to believe that the government wasn't doing the same. They'd be remiss not to.

The mind boggles at the possible secrets and goodies out in the desert somewhere....

Is it not a fact that there was plenty of public speculation about research into anti-grav in the '50s but then suddenly after like '59 it all but disappeared from the literature? ... That Hutchison guy in Canada - if he really did levitate that bowling ball ...

The wonders of ufolore never fail to entertain! I've never heard of the bowling ball guy ... now I gotta look that up ... there we go!

Now it's coming back.
Sometimes I think I've forgotten more than I remember.

Back