• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

idle chit-chat with dead people

Free episodes:

hold-on-one-minute-please

Paranormal Novice
Hello everyone.
I have never posted anything in any forum anywhere, so if I commit some kind of faux pas chalk it up to that. I have always been interested in the paranormal and at age 49 have finally arrived at a spot where I can devote some time to it. I have enjoyed listening to the Paracast quite a lot. It seems like a decent place to discuss the following.

A phrase I often use at work is “if you’re not actually doing it you’re just talking about it” and with that in mind I wound up sitting in a room with my wife and George Anderson. George is a medium out on Long Island. I came across his book “We Don’t Die” in a box recently and showed it to my wife – which seems to have lit her fuse, hence the session.

First, this session is god-awful expensive. $1200. Believe me, I have to work for a living and wasn’t necessarily thrilled about that but my wife apparently had some unfinished business I wasn’t aware of until then. I have long since figured out that money is not as important as certain other things.

I read George’s first book but none of the others, and that was quite a while ago. I did some Googling and wasn’t sure what to make of it all. We are not religious, have not suffered any recent tragedy or any of that. I went because it was within driving distance and I really wanted to see for myself.

Of all the phenomenon discussed here – life after death is the only topic that every single one of us will absolutely have an answer about sooner or later. Believe it or don’t, I went into that meeting with an extremely open mind. Having said that, I needed to hear something that would convince me. I’m not looking to prove anything to anyone other than myself.

OK. Cut to the chase. This guy was not in any way polished and he is, in my opinion, a not very good cold reader. I recorded it and reviewed it carefully and that is precisely what’s going on. When the session ended my wife asked him if he had any questions for us. Surprisingly, the man very abruptly said “ Hey, I’m just making a living”

Well, why not? He had my money already – but it was quite a surprise. Not exactly rude, but not quite appropriate either.

So, this has not changed any notions I may have/had about communication Beyond the Veil but it conclusively proved to me that one of the best-known psychics is just working his mojo and paying the bills.

Sorry if this offends anyone. I really wanted to throw this out there – anywhere – to elicit opinions. Go ahead and call me schmuck – but I actually went and saw for myself. I think those who say “that’s all BS” without a second thought are making the exact proclamation that believers do who lack real evidence to support their statements.

Thanks – and please try to take it easy on the newbie!!

I will do a session for you for $600. I can take your credit card number via private message, when it goes thru we can begin.

Hello everyone.
I have never posted anything in any forum anywhere, so if I commit some kind of faux pas chalk it up to that. I have always been interested in the paranormal and at age 49 have finally arrived at a spot where I can devote some time to it. I have enjoyed listening to the Paracast quite a lot. It seems like a decent place to discuss the following ...

Welcome to the Paracast forum and thanks for sharing your story! Years ago I used to read people's Tarot cards just for the fun of it. I did so well with it that I started getting requests and offers to pay me for my services. That's when I decided to stop doing it. I respectfully stated that I didn't think it was right to use the gift in that manner. I don't know why it seemed to work. I still do it for fun now and then, and the results I get are usually still as accurate as then. I don't know how to explain it, and I generally presume that anyone with a deck of Tarot cards could do just as well. So perhaps next time, instead of spending all that money on a psychic, buy yourself a deck of Tarot cards and try it for yourself. You might be surprised. Or perhaps not. Either way it's something you can have a bit of fun with for very little expense.

Thanks for your thoughts. 'ufology.' I am with you. Actually, I was thinking that a couple of criminal justice classes in interrogation techniques may be in order. I think a good homicide cop would have seen the same schtick I saw.

As for Tarot, other mediums and other methods - why not? This experience didn't turn me off to the whole idea, it just gave me some valuable experience that I paid through the nose for.

I'd genuinely like to hear from anyone who had a real heart-stopper moment with something like this.

I'm from Long Island, and I'm also 49 yrs old, nice to meet you. He was known as "Psychic George" back in the 70's-80's on Long Island. He appeared on the local public access show "Psychic Channels". He would scribble on a large pad during the readings. The host of the show swore by him. My cousin went to see him for a reading about 15 years ago, and during the read my father (known to my cousin as "Uncle Philly") supposedly came through. She said he used the name "Philly" not Phil or Philip, I found that interesting. Basically, I'm on the fence about the whole thing, but I do find Theresa Caputo to be interesting. Some of her "people on the street" type readings leave me baffled as to how accurate she is with personal details.

I'm from Long Island, and I'm also 49 yrs old, nice to meet you. He was known as "Psychic George" back in the 70's-80's on Long Island. He appeared on the local public access show "Psychic Channels". He would scribble on a large pad during the readings. The host of the show swore by him. My cousin went to see him for a reading about 15 years ago, and during the read my father (known to my cousin as "Uncle Philly") supposedly came through. She said he used the name "Philly" not Phil or Philip, I found that interesting. Basically, I'm on the fence about the whole thing, but I do find Theresa Caputo to be interesting. Some of her "people on the street" type readings leave me baffled as to how accurate she is with personal details.

Hi there! My wife was going to get on Theresa's waiting list (2 years I think) and if nothing else I bet she might be a bit more pleasant to deal with.George was available right away.

Yes, he did the scribbling - sort of - no paper. If I accept at face value that he knew absolutely nothing about us it may have been an interesting experience. He threw out my first name instantly and spent a bit too long revealing my wife's, which he didn't quite get - it's not that common. He also produced a name similar to her grandmother's (wrong sex) - again a bit unusual - but it required a lot of coaching. We treated him fair & square - responded as we were asked. But, we already knew what our names are and they were on the check he cashed. My wife regrets not using an alias, but I believe that means we just wouldn't have had our own first names revealed. He also brought up several other meaningless names. In fact, he provided communication from one of these names for me - said "Sam" was glad I remembered him, glad I had grown and so forth. He asked if I knew of a "Sam" around in our family, or maybe a friend at one point and I answered honestly that I did.

"Sam" wasn't a relative - it was a cat my Mom had 40+ years ago. If pets want to communicate I've had quite a few since I would've expected to hear from first.

Beyond that it was all flattery and generalities driven by question-responses. Had he blurted out my childhood nickname or something I wouldn't be saying this here. Got the family structure, history, all that utterly wrong. He told us about us and nothing else.I can see how grieving people could be susceptible to this routine, but his powers are useless against me!

Really, his method was so surprisingly shoddy I couldn't believe he has the acclaim he does. So, I went and saw for myself and will move on. I was so surprised at that it drove me to join a forum where I could say all this.

As for others - who know? I think some people may have a gift. It may not be communication with the dead but rather some sort of extremely acute combination of senses. Identical twins seem to have a very close and odd connection, so maybe this is some other form of that.

If there is another side - they're going to be pissed when Psychic George gets there!

Back