• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

How to Imagine the Tenth Dimension (neat animation)

Free episodes:

its wonderful, when i was a Lad, if i wanted to research a topic i had to get on a train and travel to Sydneys great City Library.
today one can learn 100 times more in an hour online in the comfort of ones own home than at any other time in human history, than i could in my day trips to the library and its "stacks"........

Knowledge is its own reward
thanks for posting this and adding to the database

That was pretty cool.

Trying to 'visualise' what it would be like to exist in the 4th dimension and see it for what it is makes me uncomfortable in that same that you feel uncomfortable when you try to get a sense of meaning of 'infinite' in your head.

You know what I mean?

Occasionally if you try hard enough - just for a fleeting second - its possible to get a sense of infinite in your head before it disappears. Then trying to recapture that feeling is very tough and uncomfortable until you just forget about it.

So essentially, the 10th dimension is imagination. Anyone else tempted to ask if there's an 11th dimension: Whose imagination?

So essentially, the 10th dimension is imagination. Anyone else tempted to ask if there's an 11th dimension: Whose imagination?

Do we need to ask this question at the 11th? The dreamer/pineal-transcendant can most likely fuck with us at the 5th dimensional level, since we can barely comprehend time. In other words, is the 11th to us any greater than the 5th, despite our subjective experiences of transcending time and the infinite? In other words, I feel like just a flesh-puppet in the 3rd dimension even though I understand all you are saying. How do your experiences transcend each dimension above the 4th?

EDIT: Re-reading this I didn't mean it to sound as prickly (or obtuse) as it does.

I do wonder the same thing, but I also wonder if what *to us* may seem like a transcendent experience of a certain "dimensional" level is really perhaps just a glimpse of a much lower level, which, subjectively, blows our minds so completely we mistake it for something higher- be it through "paranormal" experiences, meditation, or what have one...What I was getting at was, I recall you mentioning that your own experiences seemed to go beyond time and space, and I was curious as to just how far beyond you (or anyone with a similar experience) can actually say they went. This could well be a stupid question as I doubt it's easy to say or know, which is exactly the problem maybe.

I don't know if this counts as a "real" experience or one just imagined and felt. A few years ago I thought I would have to take an ER trip. I don't remember the specifics of the health issue because I have weird medical symptoms too often. I really didn't want to go and at the same time didn't want to make things worse by not going.

I decided no I just won't go and so be it whatever this is. At that moment of making my mind up I could taste, smell and feel the hospital even though I did not leave my apartment. It only lasted a few seconds but was quite "real" to my senses and felt like I had experiences the split of two realites. I aparently did not harm myself by not going to the ER.

I have had other times where I experience for a very quick moment two or more potential or different aspects of reality.

Vid reminds me of a Cosmos show I've seen. Fast forward ahead if you don't want to watch the flat land stuff. The cube bit might help people understand more.

The 10 dimension is pure creativity. Like magic wonder-putty.

I think there's some truth to this, and to what valiens said, but I wonder if it's just pure creativity to *us* as humans because we are limited to only being able to conceive of the higher dimensions with our imaginations, and not experience them directly- except maybe rarely in "non-normal" experiences.

The most interesting thing I like about this video (and the subject in general) is trying to think about just what a "higher-dimensional" entity would appear like to us? I don't think they could just appear like we traditionally think a time-traveller could from movies and such, just pop into our timeline and act normally like Marty McFly in Back to the Future. I think they would do so only by severely distorting their "true" appearance as well as distorting the "reality" around them.... just as we would by trying to "manifest" ourselves to a 2-D creature.

Sort of like, if the 2-D world was a picture on the surface of some water, we would probably seriously distort it in ways beyond imagining by "dipping" our hands in. We would (as the video shows) look incredibly strange to such 2-D creatures, and communication of any sort would probably be much much stranger/difficult than that.

This makes it seem much more profound when I watch the reaction of my koi when I dip my fingers in the pond and wiggle them.

That just blew my brain.....Lately I've been trying to get my head around the centre of a black hole, where all mass is crushed to "Infinite Density". That is an unbelievably hard concept to even attempt to grasp....... I think I busted a synapse trying to grip the tenth dimension.

That just blew my brain.....Lately I've been trying to get my head around the centre of a black hole, where all mass is crushed to "Infinite Density". That is an unbelievably hard concept to even attempt to grasp....... I think I busted a synapse trying to grip the tenth dimension.

I love I live in a region where if you cram a lot of stuff together you get a hole in space, which is supposed to be where nothing is. I try and remember this as I pass tvs with Hannah Montana on.

But it may turn out that in order to understand the singularity, just look around. Our universe may be one.

must try that, seeing as i have a pond full of koi too
(twiglight zone theme plays quietly in background)

Keep in mind that the Koi are 3D creatures as well- so as weird as it would seem to them, it must be even weirder if they were 2D creatures... or if we were confronted with a higher-dimensional being... in ways we can't imagine.

The most interesting thing I like about this video (and the subject in general) is trying to think about just what a "higher-dimensional" entity would appear like to us? I don't think they could just appear like we traditionally think a time-traveller could from movies and such, just pop into our timeline and act normally like Marty McFly in Back to the Future. I think they would do so only by severely distorting their "true" appearance as well as distorting the "reality" around them.... just as we would by trying to "manifest" ourselves to a 2-D creature.

Sort of like, if the 2-D world was a picture on the surface of some water, we would probably seriously distort it in ways beyond imagining by "dipping" our hands in. We would (as the video shows) look incredibly strange to such 2-D creatures, and communication of any sort would probably be much much stranger/difficult than that.

- And perhaps this would lead to "high strangeness"?

I love I live in a region where if you cram a lot of stuff together you get a hole in space, which is supposed to be where nothing is. I try and remember this as I pass tvs with Hannah Montana on.

Proof that the singularity enjoys simple irony.

Back