• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

How Silly is Climate Change Denial?

Give it up CO2 is safe. The pollutants sometimes combined with it are not. Don't be stupid. You breathe in 400ppm and exhale 40,000 ppm why aren't you dead and why not stop emitting your own if it's so bad. Save the whales man. Do the right thing.

Give it up CO2 is safe. The pollutants sometimes combined with it are not. Don't be stupid. You breathe in 400ppm and exhale 40,000 ppm why aren't you dead and why not stop emitting your own if it's so bad. Save the whales man. Do the right thing.

Do you realise how silly that sounds, youve just contradicted yourself. If its combined, thats the operative word here. if its combined with pollutants that are unsafe then it too is unsafe, just as water combined with arsenic is not safe.

Combined:join or merge to form a single unit or substance:

As an abstract yes CO2 is safe, but in reality the manner in which it is emitted in many cases simply is not.

Your simplistic argument only works in an abstract forum discussion, mean while back in the real world

496926-china-air-pollution.jpg

The CO2 coming from a coal stack, or exhaust is contaminated by the other substances that are now combined with it. Its not clean its not safe. they have merged to form a single unit or substance:

You might as a mental exercise be able to seperate them as an abstract concept here. But in real life you cannot. Face it in reality CO2 emitted in this manner is contaminated and thus dirty and unsafe

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I wrong that pixelsmith has a terrific science of humour?

Mike and Tyger are Carbon based greenhouse gas filled bags of whale killing skin. lol they must hate themselves. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they are products of melting glaciers and climate change. Ironic.

Mike and Tyger are Carbon based greenhouse gas filled bags of whale killing skin. lol they must hate themselves. ;)

Its at this point you lose the debate. you cant provide a counter data point, just deflection and distraction and denial

Ive made my case your argument only works in the abstract, that in reality its a different matter.

Man made CO2 emissions are inherantly contaminated in the process by which they are emitted.

existing in someone or something as a permanent and inseparable element, quality, or attribute:

Your argument only works in the abstract, in real life the CO2 is not safe. If you were right you would be able to run a hose from your exhaust pipe to your cabin.

Please dont test your abstract notion in real life, bad way to find out youve been wrong all along

Last edited by a moderator:
I would inhale volcanic emission either. You make no point.

“Here’s the solution. We need a CO2 tax, revenue-neutral, to replace taxation on employment, which was invented by Bismarck — and some things have changed since the 19th Century.”
Al Gore

400 million years ago When CO2 was at over 2200 ppm the vegetation and insects were huge. "Dirty"CO2 made them grow so large they ate up most of the CO2 and ended up lowering it to a dangerously low level of around 200 ppm.
You are wetting your pants over nothing.
Yes clean the water and air. Co2 is not part of the pollution. Lots of others gasses can be dangerous for sure.

Denial isnt a data point, You need to provide some evidence that CO2 inseperably mixed with harmful polluntants is some how despite this safe.

You cant cherry pick the CO2 out since in real life you cant do that either.

If your argument only works in the abstract, not the real world reality then it fails

Water as an abstract is safe, in a real world example where its contaminated with arsenic its not
CO2 as an abstract is safe, in a real world example where its contaminated with HAP's its not.

Since the problem is a real world example and not an abstract, your argument fails

400 million years ago vegetation handled much higher "pollution" or do you think volcanoes had clean CO2 emissions?

Don't breathe the air in China. They build more coal plants everyday too.

Back