• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Homeland Security teams up with Walmart for safety

Free episodes:

cottonzway

I was saying boo-urns
CNN.com - Page not found ton.dhs.walmart/index.html?section=...

(CNN) -- Walmart will join the Department of Homeland Security in a program called "If You See Something, Say Something" which encourages the American public to take an active role in ensuring the safety and security of the nation, DHS said Monday.
"Homeland security starts with hometown security, and each of us plays a critical role in keeping our country and communities safe," Secretary Janet Napolitano said as she thanked Walmart and the more than 320 stores who joined the national campaign Monday.
Participating stores, eventually including 588 from 27 states, will play a short video message at select checkout locations to remind shoppers to contact local law enforcement to report suspicious activity, said a DHS statement.

"This partnership will help millions of shoppers across the nation identify and report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to law enforcement authorities," Napolitano said.
The "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign was originally implemented by New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority as a simple and effective program that engages the public and key front-line employees to report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to authorities, according to the DHS statement.

The program has already partnered with the Mall of America, the American Hotel & Lodging Association, Amtrak, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, sports and general aviation industries, and other organizations across the country, DHS said.

1984-movie-bb_a11.jpg

It's like Condoleezza Rice having an oil tanker named after her -- makes certain connections just a little too obvious, you know?

... ahhh, welcome to the land of the free. You know I'm sure my grandfather fought a war against this kind of thing, as well as your guys in Iraq and Afghanistan....

Please not WalMart!!!! So are the door greeters going to pat down my junk? I HATE Wal-Mart with a passion. In my opinion, the entity known as walmart is the antichrist. Three mom and pop stores have closed in my area. Wal-Mart will rule the world on day. Some huge disaster will hit us, they rise their prices and we will be FUCKED!!!! Sorry, I didnt mean to go off like that.......I do feel better tho.

Some huge disaster will hit us, they rise their prices and we will be FUCKED!!!

In the future everyone will wear blue vests and name their first born sons Sam. The unwashed will name them Wally. A great deal of time will be spent attempting to understand "The Roll Back" and its significance in the development of civilization. Everyone's shoes will smell like cheap Chinese rubber which will be responsible for much social unrest. And that is pronounced "Wal-Marts" not "Wal-Mart!"

It's sad that our country has come to this, now our government agencies what department stores to help them keep us safe?? Sad, and suddenly I feel like a sitting duck. Homeland Security is more like Hopeless Security! What a damn impotent agency they have built for us in the aftermath of 9/11. We may very well be the laughing-stock of the world when this gets out, Miss Janet should step down for us all, I'm glad I didn't have her tagging along with me in Iraq, I'm sure when we were attacked she could have stepped out with harsh words for the insurgents! LOL

who is that ugly dude in the walmart psa? ;-)

I will going to our local walmart in the morning to see if this PSA is playing, if so, i will ask to see a manger and report the PSA as a suspicious activity and inform them i will be telling all my family, friends and customers to avoid shopping at walmart at all costs.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

Please not WalMart!!!! So are the door greeters going to pat down my junk? I HATE Wal-Mart with a passion. In my opinion, the entity known as walmart is the antichrist. Three mom and pop stores have closed in my area. Wal-Mart will rule the world on day. Some huge disaster will hit us, they rise their prices and we will be FUCKED!!!! Sorry, I didnt mean to go off like that.......I do feel better tho.

I have heard that walmart was caught taking life insurance out on their old door greeters then cashing in the insurance when the old farts die. i am still trying to find out if this is true.

They are not running in our walmart yet.

When they start running the PSA, a friend and I are going to grab a couple rifles in the toy isle and run around the store with them "playing army".

Back