• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Guest Request: Dr. Edgar Mitchell of NASA

Free episodes:

Orland

Paranormal Novice
Please consider inviting Dr. Edgar Mitchell, the Apollo 14 astronaut who landed on the moon in the early 70s.

On July 24, 2008, The Daily Mail (UK newspaper) published an article, quoting Dr. Mitchell who said he was briefed about Alien visits, and had advocated complete disclosure. It was a pretty long article based on a recent radio interview of Dr. Mitchell.

Please consider inviting him as a guest.

Actually, Orland, the Daily Mail is both tabloid and junk. Speaking as an open-minded Brit, it is the nasty, judgemental and bigoted voice of nasty, judgemental and bigoted Middle England - in my opinion, of course!
Go Wiki it and read all about its glittering past.
That's not to say I'm doubting its coverage of the Edgar Mitchell story - whatever that story's veracity - it's just that I baulked when you said that the Mail wasn't junk.
And I agree. Mitchell would make a fascinating guest. Have you read the book, Moondust, BTW? It's one man's journey to interview every living Apollo astronaut. Highly recommended!

Rant over :)

I got Mitchell's The Way of the Explorer which I like a lot. It's puzzling the good things he has to say about Geller though. He claims to have witnessed some remarkable, things, that I cannot think of how he could have hoaxed. If he's ever on, I would love it if they asked him about Geller, and him bombing on the Carson show etc.

I stand corrected...although it has a pretty interesting SciTech section filled with legit news, the Daily Mail is a junk tabloid ...and i will put Moondust on my reading list. Thanks.

Mitchell was never briefed. The paper is picking up on a radio interview he did recently where the host asked him if he was briefed and he said something like, "You could call it that." Not a direct quote but basically what he meant by "briefing" was "talking to friends in the know."

Here's the interview. I don't think he says anything new it's just new to the host who is astonished by his "revelations" of being an astronaut who has read some UFO books and is painting a picture from them. Still, I'd love to hear him on the show.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yhtDB0s4OKg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Mitchell was never briefed. The paper is picking up on a radio interview he did recently where the host asked him if he was briefed and he said something like, "You could call it that." Not a direct quote but basically what he meant by "briefing" was "talking to friends in the know."

Here's the interview. I don't think he says anything new it's just new to the host who is astonished by his "revelations" of being an astronaut who has read some UFO books and is painting a picture from them. Still, I'd love to hear him on the show.
<object height="344" width="425">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yhtDB0s4OKg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

That host was embarrassing, he sounded like the gecko for Geico car insurance getting all excited over his full tort discount. :)

Here's the interview. I don't think he says anything new it's just new to the host who is astonished by his "revelations" of being an astronaut who has read some UFO books and is painting a picture from them. Still, I'd love to hear him on the show.<object height="344" width="425"> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yhtDB0s4OKg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

That is an underwhelming and inaccurate comment about Mitchell. He hasn't just read some UFO books and is painting pictures from what he's read. He's been in NASA and has walked on the moon. He's got a doctorate from MIT in Aeronautics and Astronautics. He's been in the military. It's obvious that his position in the government has put him in a unique place to know a thing or two. He's claiming to be at the fringes of the "in the know" group. How much more high profile can you ask a person to be? If there is a UFO cover-up, it certainly is no stretch to suggest that Mitchell would have personally known some of the people involved. Either Mitchell is lying about his insider contacts or they are disseminating disinformation through him or what he says is true.

You seem to want to write him off, Mr. Vaeni. I'm curious as to why. Might it have something to do with his charging you for a book with an autograph?

I think he would be a fantastic guest. I'd like to believe him, but I haven't made up my mind yet. No matter what, he'd have some very interesting things to say and expand upon.

If there is a UFO cover-up, it certainly is no stretch to suggest that Mitchell would have personally known some of the people involved. Either Mitchell is lying about his insider contacts or they are disseminating disinformation through him or what he says is true.

It struck me the same way. If you can get past the Geico guy this is really an extraordinary interview. He may very well be a designated point person in this, and I don't think NASA's denial is a very strong one. It's very reminscent of the 'non denial denial' of the Watergate days. NASA did not say there were no aliens or no visitations. All they said was, "We're not involved. We don't agree with him." Why WOULD NASA be involved? They fly rocket ships. They are not charged with national security. And just what, precisely, don't they agree with?

Mitchell is now 77. He's enjoyed an extraordinary life. He may just be at the point where he feels he can say anything and there's not very much anyone can do about it. Look at the scientists who say global warming is a crock. Most of them are retired; they needn't worry about tenure and being PC. What is the government going to do? Throw him in jail? Take away his security clearance? He mentioned at one point that 'they don't kill you for this any more' which is also interesting.

It would be a serious coup to get him on the show. I could see it throwing Paracast into the middle of things in a big way. Eat shit, ATS!

They had Dr. Mitchell on the Early Today Show where he said Aliens exist and Nasa knows it. NBC went to Nasa to construct its obligatory laughtrack, otherwise known as "the official response." I look forward to the day when we can multiply MASS MEDIA by zero. Then we'll see who can laugh the loudest.

That is an underwhelming and inaccurate comment about Mitchell. He hasn't just read some UFO books and is painting pictures from what he's read. He's been in NASA and has walked on the moon. He's got a doctorate from MIT in Aeronautics and Astronautics. He's been in the military. It's obvious that his position in the government has put him in a unique place to know a thing or two. He's claiming to be at the fringes of the "in the know" group. How much more high profile can you ask a person to be? If there is a UFO cover-up, it certainly is no stretch to suggest that Mitchell would have personally known some of the people involved. Either Mitchell is lying about his insider contacts or they are disseminating disinformation through him or what he says is true.

You seem to want to write him off, Mr. Vaeni. I'm curious as to why. Might it have something to do with his charging you for a book with an autograph?

Yes, Mr. Finn. You caught me. It's all about that autograph.

Actually, I agree with you. I should have added "and personal conversations he's had with friends 'in the know.'" I'm sure he's had military/government pals talk to him off the record. I'm also sure some of his information comes from remote viewing data. All I meant to say is that this does not add up to being officially briefed, he never said he was officially briefed, and he never distinguished his sources (reading, friends, remote viewing, other).

Mitchell's view is not new. He has said nothing new. He said what he usually says to a talk show host unfamiliar with him and so it shocked the guy, that's all.

I didn't mean to disparage the good doctor.

They had Dr. Mitchell on the Early Today Show where he said Aliens exist and Nasa knows it. NBC went to Nasa to construct its obligatory laughtrack, otherwise known as "the official response." I look forward to the day when we can multiply MASS MEDIA by zero. Then we'll see who can laugh the loudest.

Mass media hasn't been relevant for many years.

Oh and on another note, I just got an AT&T tilt PDA/Phone today. Very cool. Its made by HTC. :D

I'd like to see one of the Astronauts go on National Television, look the camera in the eye, and say:
Aliens exist. I know. I saw them. I saw their base. And I will bust any son of a :mad: who says they don't right in the mouth. Here's my name, number, and address. Any time. Any place. Any where.
Those Astronauts were of a breed of human who did not take kindly to insults. I'd like to see that breed rise up and pound some haymakers into the mouths of the debunkers.
Lee Corso was one such son of a :mad: who didn't care what any :mad: thought of him.
We need more whiskey-faced G.I.s to stand up like Lee Corso did.

I'd like to see one of the Astronauts go on National Television, look the camera in the eye, and say:
Aliens exist. I know. I saw them. I saw their base. And I will bust any son of a :mad: who says they don't right in the mouth. Here's my name, number, and address. Any time. Any place. Any where.
Those Astronauts were of a breed of human who did not take kindly to insults. I'd like to see that breed rise up and pound some haymakers into the mouths of the debunkers.
Lee Corso was one such son of a :mad: who didn't care what any :mad: thought of him.
We need more whiskey-faced G.I.s to stand up like Lee Corso did.

Astronauts have made these comments many times. It doesn't matter. People don't want to hear it. Any person who believes in a GOD as depicted in the bible has issues with UFO's. It goes against everything they are taught. Humans are the chosen ones, the special ones and everything on this planet was created for us to use and consume. Their response is that if there are beings from another planet and they visit us, then they must be demons. When they announced that they found Martian microbes on a Mars rock, they interviewed religious people and they said that it wasn't possible. These are the same people that if you show them a dinasour bone, they will look at you and say that its not a dinosaur bone because the earth is only 6000 years old. Even though you are holding it in front of their face. How do you think these people will react when ET walks out of a ship and says take me to your leader. I'll tell you what they'll do. They will kill it with fire, and lots of it.

They are not landing on the White house lawn because we are primitive parasites. We are ticks who have dug into the flesh of the world.

I mean even if they did land, after a few days most people would change the channel to find out what Brad and Angelina had for lunch that day.

Back