• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Fukushima's melted cores have moved into the earth

Free episodes:

It's scary to think most of the United States is being showered with radiation from that mess. Not to mention they are just dumping radioactive liquid into the Pacific Ocean.

Man what a coincidence, Godzilla will be celebrating 50 years in 2014 !

On a more serious note, should we be expecting some accelerated mutations showing up in sea life ? Yikes !

Why these reports are not the headlines in every news outlet in the free world, I'll never understand. I'd go so far as to say that many(if not most) have forgotten the situation, and would be shocked to learn the level of threat. Every available resource should be concentrated on this effort. For a petition to have been started to catch the attention of those in power? unbelievable.

'Ice Wall'...indeed...I never hear about it on the german news, ever. I take it, the japanesevrther liketo be secluded and take care of 'their own matters'..well guess what... People are looking at you, Japanese Government. The thing is, they don't even ask for help..

It won't be frigging cheap for everyone involved, but solar and wind energy for the foreseeable future might be our best solution in the long term.​

'Ice Wall'...indeed...I never hear about it on the german news, ever. I take it, the japanesevrther liketo be secluded and take care of 'their own matters'..well guess what... People are looking at you, Japanese Government. The thing is, they don't even ask for help..

It won't be frigging cheap for everyone involved, but solar and wind energy for the foreseeable future might be our best solution in the long term.​

Well, look on the bright side. If we nearly go extinct because of cancer and starvation, we won't need so much power :confused:. I'm not opposed to nuclear research. A couple of reactors out in some isolated unpopulated area covered by giant concrete domes on ground where if there's a meltdown it would end up in the same bedrock as it would normally have disposed of in anyway would be an acceptable risk for the sake of scientific study and advancement, especially with a view toward fusion. But this nightmare scenario we've got going now, even if it's only the controlled waste, is just too hazardous to keep operational, let alone expanded. These things should all be outlawed and dismantled.

David Lindley - Do You Want My Job
Note the foreshadowing in the lyrics

Last edited:
Why these reports are not the headlines in every news outlet in the free world, I'll never understand. I'd go so far as to say that many(if not most) have forgotten the situation, and would be shocked to learn the level of threat. Every available resource should be concentrated on this effort. For a petition to have been started to catch the attention of those in power? unbelievable.

And it will only 'catch the attention' if the numbers can be impressive on that petition. Then the media will pick it up. As of this moment the petition is advancing upon 10,000 signatures. At this rate, the first 100,000 is potentially a week away. Meanwhile time is ticking.

I mentioned Fukishima to a professional associate a couple of weeks ago and she had not heard of it. When I stirred her memory about the Japanese earthquake and tsunami, she started to recall - but then commented; 'But that's all been handled, I thought. If it's as you say, why aren't we hearing about it in the news?' Thus is the faith and trust - the habit life - people have around the media - and the government. If we were really in trouble, we'd be being told. The view is also understandable - people have lives they have to attend to. If there is a concern people assume (understandably) that the alarm will be raised by government and media.

A friend I showed the petition to wound up saying - after she read it and some links I provided - that she didn't believe 'it was all that bad.' Again, the fact that the media is so quiet makes her inclined to distrust any other source. She went so far as to say that the community of nuclear scientists are not concerned. Not sure why she said that because she is not in science - she is a lawyer.

Last edited:

Amazing how fast local problems can go global these days. The international community should insist that Japan allow and accept any and all help offered. It's everybody's mess now.

And it will only 'catch the attention' if the numbers can be impressive on that petition. Then the media will pick it up. As of this moment the petition is advancing upon 10,000 signatures. At this rate, the first 100,000 is potentially a week away. Meanwhile time is ticking.

I mentioned Fukishima to a professional associate a couple of weeks ago and she had not heard of it. When I stirred her memory about the Japanese earthquake and tsunami, she started to recall - but then commented; 'But that's all been handled, I thought. If it's as you say, why aren't we hearing about it in the news?' Thus is the faith and trust - the habit life - people have around the media - and the government. If we were really in trouble, we'd be being told. The view is also understandable - people have lives they have to attend to. If there is a concern people assume (understandably) that the alarm will be raised by government and media.

A friend I showed the petition to wound up saying - after she read it and some links I provided - that she didn't believe 'it was all that bad.' Again, the fact that the media is so quiet makes her inclined to distrust any other source. She went so far as to say that the community of nuclear scientists are not concerned. Not sure why she said that because she is not in science - she is a lawyer.

What you describe is typical. We're all getting slowly cooked but she doesn't care because the fire is out of sight and out of mind, and her immediate needs and wants are right in her face. By the time those people realize the seriousness and decide to do something, we'll all have been exposed. For that matter, I wouldn't be surprised to find that many more people have already been exposed and far worse than we've been told. If she's a lawyer, maybe pointing out the possibility of a mass tort against GE and TEPCO might get her attention :rolleyes: . Keep up the good fight. Just because it's not in the mainstream news doesn't change how deadly, far reaching, and long lasting radiation is.

Humankind’s Most Dangerous Moment: Fukushima Fuel Pool at Unit 4. “This is an Issue of Human Survival.”
LINK: Humankind’s Most Dangerous Moment: Fukushima Fuel Pool at Unit 4. “This is an Issue of Human Survival.” | Global Research
[blockquote]We are now within two months of what may be humankind’s most dangerous moment since the Cuban Missile Crisis.

There is no excuse for not acting. All the resources our species can muster must be focussed on the fuel pool at Fukushima Unit 4.

Fukushima’s owner, Tokyo Electric (Tepco), says that within as few as 60 days it may begin trying to remove more than 1300 spent fuel rods from a badly damaged pool perched 100 feet in the air. The pool rests on a badly damaged building that is tilting, sinking and could easily come down in the next earthquake, if not on its own.

Some 400 tons of fuel in that pool could spew out more than 15,000 times as much radiation as was released at Hiroshima.

The one thing certain about this crisis is that Tepco does not have the scientific, engineering or financial resources to handle it. Nor does the Japanese government. The situation demands a coordinated worldwide effort of the best scientists and engineers our species can muster.

Why is this so serious?

We already know that thousands of tons of heavily contaminated water are pouring through the Fukushima site, carrying a devil’s brew of long-lived poisonous isotopes into the Pacific. Tuna irradiated with fallout traceable to Fukushima have already been caught off the coast of California. We can expect far worse.

Tepco continues to pour more water onto the proximate site of three melted reactor cores it must somehow keep cool.Steam plumes indicate fission may still be going on somewhere underground. But nobody knows exactly where those cores actually are.

Much of that irradiated water now sits in roughly a thousand huge but fragile tanks that have been quickly assembled and strewn around the site. Many are already leaking. All could shatter in the next earthquake, releasing thousands of tons of permanent poisons into the Pacific.

[...]

According to Arnie Gundersen, a nuclear engineer with forty years in an industry for which he once manufactured fuel rods, the ones in the Unit 4 core are bent, damaged and embrittled to the point of crumbling. Cameras have shown troubling quantities of debris in the fuel pool, which itself is damaged.

The engineering and scientific barriers to emptying the Unit Four fuel pool are unique and daunting, says Gundersen. But it must be done to 100% perfection.

Should the attempt fail, the rods could be exposed to air and catch fire, releasing horrific quantities of radiation into the atmosphere. The pool could come crashing to the ground, dumping the rods together into a pile that could fission and possibly explode. The resulting radioactive cloud would threaten the health and safety of all us.

Chernobyl’s first 1986 fallout reached California within ten days. Fukushima’s in 2011 arrived in less than a week. A new fuel fire at Unit 4 would pour out a continuous stream of lethal radioactive poisons for centuries.

Former Ambassador Mitsuhei Murata says full-scale releases from Fukushima “would destroy the world environment and our civilization.

This is not rocket science, nor does it connect to the pugilistic debate over nuclear power plants. This is an issue of human survival.”

Neither Tokyo Electric nor the government of Japan can go this alone. There is no excuse for deploying anything less than a coordinated team of the planet’s best scientists and engineers.

We have two months or less to act.

[...]

For now, we are petitioning the United Nations and President Obama to mobilize the global scientific and engineering community to take charge at Fukushima and the job of moving these fuel rods to safety.

You can sign the petition at: CRISIS AT FUKUSHIMA #4: PETITION THE UN & US FOR GLOBAL RESPONSE | NukeFree.org

If you have a better idea, please follow it. But do something and do it now.

The clock is ticking. The hand of global nuclear disaster is painfully close to midnight.Harvey Wasserman is Senior Editor of the Columbus Free Press and Free Press. He edits Nuke Free.

For now, we are petitioning the United Nations and President Obama to mobilize the global scientific and engineering community to take charge at Fukushima and the job of moving these fuel rods to safety.

[/blockquote]

Toxic agenda-setting in Washington

from the article:
Where are the dogs of the US war machine now? Where are the Chinese and the Russians? Arguing in the UN and the G20 about whether to launch missiles against Syria and who owns what islands in the East China Sea.
Asia Times Online :: Toxic agenda-setting in Washington

And now for the news
Thanks for another update. Here's another alert: The pacific kelp is also showing signs of Fukushima contamination. So make sure that if you're getting kelp supplements to protect your thyroid from radiation, that it says "Atlantic Kelp". At the rate things are going according to our Radioactive Reality News, it's just a matter of time before the Pacific is contaminated with more than just short lived radiation.

Also: News on the Nuke Free Petition for the UN to take over cleanup efforts: Worldwide Demand for UN Takeover at Fukushima – EcoWatch: Cutting Edge Environmental News Service

Dr Paolo Scampa, a widely know EU Physicist, single handedly popularized the easily understood Lethal Doses concept. “Lethal Doses” is a world wide, well understood idea that strips Physics bare and offers a brilliant, understandable explanation for all the physics gobbledygook Intelligence agencies and their respective governments use to disguise the brutal truths of the Fukushima Daiichi Disaster."
"Three thousand billion (3,000,000,000,000) Lethal Doses of Radiation means there are 429 Lethal Doses chasing each and every one of us on the planet, to put it in a nutshell. This is up from about 70 Billion Lethal Doses March 23, 2011. It is getting worse everyday without any intervention by the US and the other nuclear powers….”
"Note that the lethality of radioactive reactor cores goes up the first 250,000 years they are out of the reactor – not down."
Fukushima: How Many Chernobyls Is It? | Veterans Today

Fairewinds' Chief Engineer Arnie Gundersen highlights the many problems facing Japan as he takes you on a tour of the Fukushima Daiichi site by combining satellite video, animated graphics and photos to create a comprehensive and easy to follow video tour.

Back