• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

February 14, 2016 — Whitley Strieber

BRAVO! Thank you for sharing this. I also read the "Through the Glass Darkly Part 1 & 2" articles and downloaded them to my STRIEBER folder several years ago. Thanks for the updated versions in PDF.

I was with Whitley from the publication of Communion in 1987. Yet I have found him to be a "camp follower" in ufology. If there is a new trend in ufology, suddenly Whitley appears on Coast to Coast to revel us with HIS experiences within this trend. One of the more embarrassing examples was when he insisted that the ORIGINAL alien drones were real, long after every other researcher had shown that all the YOUTUBE videos were faked and the stories were simply not true. He also recently defended Jamie Mausan (sp?), claiming that the Roswell slides were REAL. Whitley supported the view that nefarious CIA or FBI agents had snuck the incriminating placard (identifying the "alien" as a mummy) into the photos to destroy Jamie's reputation.

Decades before this, I became a "disbeliever" after the publication of SECRET SCHOOL. Prior to the publication, Whitley had reportedly been involved in one of the primitive early chat groups involving alien experiences. A young woman had shared her experiences with a "secret school" where she was taken at night as a child by alien beings. When Strieber's SECRET SCHOOL was published, she shared that she vomited and cried since it appeared that HER LIFE was being apropriated by the author of SECRET SCHOOL as his own. Now, I cannot prove this and it is mere hearsay. Perhaps the woman was lying.

In terms of being a camp follower, this same book shared how Whitley had been taught as a child by a giant moth creature/alien to view Mars through a telescope. Perhaps Whitney was the FIRST human to see the then famous "Face on Mars". Of course, since then the Richard Hoagland face on Mars has been seen as an anomoly of the early satellite photographs and NOT real. Yet Whitley had appropriated it into his book. Whitley also reported the current scientific theory of the time that the moon had been created from a portion of the planet Earth. He had a great VISION of this happening. Yet now scientists are claiming that the moon is OLDER than planet Earth! So how could it have been created from a portion of planet Earth>?

I could go on and on regarding how Whitley's supposedly NON fiction books about his life reflect current understandings, which have become dated and left behind since then.

Ironically, I truly ENJOY Whitley Strieber interviews and actually collect them. I purchased his latest (and last?) book SUPER NATURAL. I confess that now I do so from an entertainment standpoint (to see what Whitley will claim next in his personal cornocopia of alien experiences) rather than from the stance of an adoring fan. I was once on the DREAMLAND forum but was very quickly banned for questioning Whitley's claims. That is just not done! Nonetheless, I remain devoted to watching the ongoing story of Whitley Strieber. Will the cruel persecution drive him into seclusion like Howard Hughs? Will Whitley appear on Coast to Coast when he is ready to reveal HIS involvement in the next ufo related fad? If experiencers began sharing that the little Greys were wearing chiffon prom dresses from the 1950s, will Whitley appear to say "me too", and claim he took a Grey (in a pink chiffon prom dress) to his highschool prom?

Thanks again for your insightful approach to the phenomena known as Whitley Strieber.
I'm pleased to see you've already found @Liminalist website. I would love to read any thread topic you and Liminalist would do together with your analysis of WS too. Also, you should seriously consider doing a podcast(s) with Liminalist about WS. I really would love to hear more about your thinking related to these subjects, as you are extremely well read with decades of study... please seriously consider doing several podcasts with Liminalist.

For those interested in someone that has seriously studied WS for a number of years and written in depth about him, then this website is a must see...

Auticulture

Here are links to 8 posts about WS he wrote about:

Revisiting Prisoner of Infinity (Heaven Stormers)

An Archetypal Traumatogenic Agency (Prisoner of Infinity II)

A Life Full of Holes: Daimonic Defense and National Security (Prisoner of Infinity III)

The Infinite Infant: The Singularity & the Resurrection of the Body (Prisoner of Infinity V)

The Secret Guardian (Prisoner of Infinity V)

Martian Dreams (Prisoner of Infinity VI)

All Work and No Play: “Pain” & Strieber’s Missing Summer of ‘68 (Prisoner of Infinity VII)

A Wound in the Soul: The Master of the Key & the Oedipal Project (Prisoner of Infinity VIII)

Strieber appears to suffer from dissociative identity disorder due to his traumatization at the "secret MKULTRA school" as a child. The narcissism seems to relate to the controlling "superego" aspect of that, or more simply put, his way of not facing and healing that trauma by taking refuge in power-fantasies of being the Chosen One of God, etc, etc. Fantasies which Kripal, IMO, is being highly irresponsible in feeding, by comparing him to St Paul, and by validating his persecution complex repeatedly through the book. In order to generate better book sales, no less.

Liminalist, I've very grateful for your extensive contributions to this thread and your clear thinking. You have shed a great deal of light on Strieber and on the 'abduction phenomenon'. The question we're prompted to ask is why this mythology was seeded into public consciousness by outrageous acts against ordinary people. It seems to me that the motivation must have been to produce deep general fear of extraterrestrial species in case any such species were to actually intervene on this planet in our time and encourage people here to demand changes in existing political, economic, environmental, and other practices.

I think you're correct that Strieber suffers from dissociative identity disorders, produced in him as a child and no doubt continuing to be reinforced by the mind-controllers from CIA or whatever other agencies are involved. Do you know why his parents subjected him and his brother to the influence of these people in the first place? Are/were they associated with the mind-control experimentation begun in the mid-twentieth century?

Also thank you for the information you've provided concerning the contemptible people behind the False Memory Syndrome 'Foundation' and its extensive damage to psychological care of the young.

I'll be reading at least some of your books, and if you're willing to be interviewed on a program that some people will hear with frequent commercial interruption, I hope Gene and Chris will invite you for a Paracast interview. Best wishes in your continuing work.

Wasn't it a Paracast episode where Don Ecker (I think) said that he always doubted Whitley's stories, due to the fact that he ran into Whitley and his wife at a convention, and Whitley's wife made some laughing, dismissive comment like, "Oh, that's all in Whitley's head!"?
George Wingfield is interviewed on one of the Paracast interviews... [not the most recent one] he recounts how he had dinner with WS and his wife Anne. When WS left the room, Anne told George that "it was all in his head". She did not believe the abductions [and whatever else?] were real world events beyond what WS experienced inside his head.

George also shared his personal opinion about how WS came across as very manipulative towards his readership, and that he was well aware he was full of BS, even, mocking how gullible people are to believe him. You seriously should listen to this Paracast interview with George Wingfield. It's an older one -not recent.

Last edited:
Off Topic to Chris and Gene:
Welcome aboard, fire away Ahab! arrrrgh

COOL, I think we have a volunteer to book our guests, Gene! FINALLY! So, Honey, crack open the pot and help us bring 'em on... You don't like our guests? Book us better guests...
Ok, ok, I was pissed-off listening to WS wiggle-out of a lot questions being asked and the obvious promotion of his latest book.

The only redeeming and useful purpose by having WS on the Paracast is this thread. So, my Ahab is taking a backseat considering it prompted an excellent thread topic.

On the guest topic issue, imo, the Paracast needs new people and different ideas beyond what you've been doing for 10 years. Can you at least get 20-25% new guests that have not been on the show before? Seriously!

A fantastic guest you had recently was Kirby Surprise. That is a perfect example of what we need more of... the poor guy says "you know" about 50 million times that drove me crazy... but he was an awesome "new idea" guest.

I definitely would be willing to offer an excellent question list for him, as you seriously need to get him again on the Paracast. He must come back for a number of reasons I can provide.

That's not to say we can't learn a lot more from the Old Timers... I miss Moseley [any lost audio or writing available?], Allen Greenfield, Wingfield, etc. [I could add many more, of course.]

An example of new guests that I don't want to listen to are anything Kurzweil related... like Eric Wargo. That guy is sooo full of it just spouting the Kurzweil line. Micah Hanks is already online elsewhere too much, so you should avoid guests like that unless he's on some panel and he is really needed to voice something specific too, IMO.

Where are the altered state people and that kind of experiencer willing to give us their personal accounts, travel discoveries worldwide with native peoples, DMT or other related experimental research in the lab or personally, etc. I'm certain a majority of Paracast members would want these kinds of guests that are almost non-existent here.

Sorry if I came across as Ahab... The WS interview is what prompted that reaction, but this thread topic with excellent posts chilled-out that entity entirely.

Do you have any plans to eliminate the commercials from all your old interviews, seriously, will this be done anytime soon or not? I realize that would be part of your paid subscriptions.

I knew a thread about Strieber would run on and on and so far it has. Mind you, it has been the case a number of times when there has been a very interesting guest on who gave an excellent interview and the post-show comments and discussion in the relevant thread have been almost nil. Sometimes the shows that give rise to long threads are really difficult to predict.

Do you have any plans to eliminate the commercials from all your old interviews, seriously, will this be done anytime soon or not? I realize that would be part of your paid subscriptions.
It would involve a lot of manual labor to strip down the files and upload them to the site. AppleScript/Automator will help some.

The heavy ad content begins in mid-2010, when we joined GCN.

If someone wants to volunteer to do what will be around 250 episodes or more, I'd offer a lifetime Paracast+ membership. But it would be small reimbursement for weeks of work.

Remember, too, that when the files are saved again in MP3 format, quality will decline somewhat.

Liminalist, I've very grateful for your extensive contributions to this thread and your clear thinking. You have shed a great deal of light on Strieber and on the 'abduction phenomenon'. The question we're prompted to ask is why this mythology was seeded into public consciousness by outrageous acts against ordinary people. It seems to me that the motivation must have been to produce deep general fear of extraterrestrial species in case any such species were to actually intervene on this planet in our time and encourage people here to demand changes in existing political, economic, environmental, and other practices.
Thanks Constance. It's a new and heartening experience to find this material being so warmly received outside my own little watering hole.

I don't think the reason for the meme-seeding has anything to do with extraterrestrials, frankly. For one thing there is at least as much positive ET material circling out there, and the average person, in my experience, is more likely to have a fuzzily optimistic view of ET contact. The real reason may have more to do with creating what I call a "space culture," preparing people for the IDEA of migrating into space; not because this is an actual future scenario (I strongly doubt it) but because it is a way to generate hope in people and keep them producing and consuming, as well as support a space program industry (largely funded by independent billionaries now) that keeps the wheels of capitalism oiled. Then there is the other question of creating a compelling cover story for the MKULTRA experimentation. I am doing a poor job of summing it up, but that's because I am rushed. The entirety of Prisoner of Infinity aims to answer this questions, and that took me 120,000 words!

I think you're correct that Strieber suffers from dissociative identity disorders, produced in him as a child and no doubt continuing to be reinforced by the mind-controllers from CIA or whatever other agencies are involved. Do you know why his parents subjected him and his brother to the influence of these people in the first place? Are/were they associated with the mind-control experimentation begun in the mid-twentieth century?
For sure.

Also thank you for the information you've provided concerning the contemptible people behind the False Memory Syndrome 'Foundation' and its extensive damage to psychological care of the young.

I'll be reading at least some of your books, and if you're willing to be interviewed on a program that some people will hear with frequent commercial interruption, I hope Gene and Chris will invite you for a Paracast interview. Best wishes in your continuing work.
Here's an alternate possibility: They can come onto The Liminalist and we can discuss it there, if they like.

Liminalist, I love your discussion of Whitley Strieber being an MK-ULTRA subject. I think we're cutting very close here to the heart of the UFO phenomenon, and this is going to be a long post (with links to long articles/papers and their citations), but I do hope Paracasters will read it & consider the merits of this argument. And please note that I, too, used to respect and admire both the UFOs/ET Hyphothesis and the Psychedelic Revolution, so I don't mean to sound like a judgmental jerk who dismisses the topics out of hand. I only share this info because I took these topics very seriously, because the Truth is what I was seeking.....But information I've come across in the past couple years leads me to think that I was tricked, pure & simple----and I hope fellow Paracasters will read this & carefully consider these points without automatically dismissing them. After all, most of us agree that UFOlogy needs a new approach if we want to get anywhere.

After years of being fascinated by this subject and reading many books, interviews, shows etc. on the topic, and spending an amount of time pondering the entire subject that now almost embarrasses me, I used to really think that the Extra-Terrestrial Hypothesis was the answer to this mystery. But then I began learning more about MK-ULTRA and the very likely possibility that most of the 'Psychedelic Revolution" was a controlled-opposition, social-engineering psy-op. I used to be very interested and enthusiastic about psychedelia, but the facade starts to crumble when you find all sorts of troubling facts----the one that started to unravel it for me was the fact that the so-called discoverer of 'magic mushrooms' (R. Gordon Wasson) was the vice-president of J.P. Morgan bank, and got MK-ULTRA funds (MK subproject 58) to promote this agenda with his 1957 Life magazine article which introduced the concept to the public ("Seeking The Magic Mushroom", Life magazine, May 13, 1957).

I'll post a few links to papers with much of the information that opened my eyes to this possibility, but the basic idea is this: the Psychedelic Revolution was merely a public continuation of MK-ULTRA, this time on the public-at-large. With MK-ULTRA, they had secret, captive patients they could experiment on with mind-bending chemicals, electro-shocks, surgeries, over-stimulation, sensory deprivation, etc. (the horrific list goes on) and they learned a lot about mind control. The Psychedelic Revolution was then the society-wide implementation of these effects, but instead of forcing chemicals into captive patients, they created a cultural zeitgeist that *encouraged rebellious people to DOSE THEMSELVES* and they also provided the "set & setting" by which they knew these softened-up minds could be corralled into predictable patterns desired by certain Powers That Be (intelligence agencies and their oligarchical controllers). They wanted to divert the public down lines of illogical, magical, wishful thinking as a way to control the populace and neutralize intelligent, rebellious citizens who threatened to rock the boat. They know that Knowledge is Power, and that the Scientific Method is the key to controlling & transforming our world. So what do you do when there are billions of people, but only so much Land, Food, Money, Sex, Power etc. to go around? You encourage the have-nots to wander into the labyrinth of la-la land.

And this is not to say that psychedelic substances are completely useless---in fact they were showing promise in guided, controlled therapeutical settings with things like alcoholism, trauma, etc. But it was right when they were showing this promise that their therapeutic use was severely restricted, and charlatans like Timothy Leary popped up like the Pied Piper of modern youth, both encouraging Congress to outlaw 'psychedelics' (since they knew this was a better way to attract rebellious dissidents to using them), and also *deeply* entwining the popular understanding of these substances (first called 'psychotomimetics', since they mimicked psychosis!) with religious concepts-----Shlain & Lee's book _Acid Dreams_ highlights how Leary would get angry with young acid-heads who were too involved with politics, and he would chastise them that they should be "seeking God" instead. The plan was to attract the most creative, rebellious, open-minded young people and divert them into fantasy-land, or _A Separate Reality_ (the title of one of Carlos Castaneda's books, himself a fraud awarded a PhD on the basis of a character, Don Juan, who never even existed!). Two phrases come to mind: "Religion is a tool of the state", and "Mysticism is a tool of tyrants."

In 1962, at his U.C. Berkeley speech, supposed-prophet (but likely social engineer) Aldous Huxley uttered these words:
“There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution.”

This is the heart of the New Age movement, of which the UFO religion is a part. Consider this: In 1932, Aldous Huxley wrote _Brave New World_ where he was supposedly warning society about the dangers of a drugged-out, blissed-out culture who were diverted by chemicals into accepting this sort of soft dictatorship. BUT THEN, in 1953, Huxley corresponded with Dr. Humphry Osmond, the man who coined the term "psychedelic." In fact the point of their private correspondences was *how to effectively market the psychotomimetic drugs*. As Huxley said, "About a name for these drugs -- what a problem!" They then compared little rhyming jingles proposing a few different name for the substances, and Osmond struck on "psychedelics."---

"Entheogens: What's in a Name? The Untold History of Psychedelic Spirituality, Social Control, and the CIA":
Entheogens: What’s in a Name? The Untold History of Psychedelic Spirituality, Social Control, and the CIA - Gnostic Media

Aldous Huxley, 1962 speech U.C. Berkeley ("The Ultimate Revolution"):

Now we should ask ourselves, why would Huxley, who had supposedly been warning us about a drugged-out society, be eager to suddenly market a cool name for mind-bending drugs that made people think they'd found paradise?! His role makes more sense when you learn that his brother, Julian Huxley, was a prominent member of the British Eugenics Society, and their uncle, Thomas Huxley, was a strong supporter of Social Darwinism (he was known as "Darwin's Bulldog", and he also wrote the 1890 essay, "The Natural Inequality of Men")----the Huxleys weren't freedom fighters or champions of social justice, they were racist, eugenicist control-freaks. Aldous Huxley was always careful to couch his discussions in terms of "warnings" and "being concerned" about these "troubling" issues, but there seems to have been a more nefarious agenda beneath his public surface.

As Dr. Osmond (inventor of term 'psychedelics') said himself, regarding his and Aldous Huxley's meeting with Dr. Timothy Leary:
"We [Osmond & Huxley] went out to this place. And Timothy [Leary] then was wearing his gray flannel suite and his crew cut. And we had this very interesting discussion with him. And when we went.. and I don’t think I told you this, Timothy. But the night we went we both said 'what a nice fellow he is.' He says 'he’s a very nice man,' and Aldous said, 'It’s very, very nice to think that this is what’s going to be done at Harvard.' He said 'it would be so good for it.' And then I said to him, 'I think he’s a nice fellow too. But don’t you think he’s just a little bit square?' Aldous said 'you may be right,' he said 'but after all isn’t that what we want?' "

You can hear that above quote come straight from Dr. Osmond's mouth in the below video clip, at a reunion party where he, Leary, and other LSD researchers/promoters got together to reminisce about their social-engineering project:
"A Conversation On LSD":

It includes Leary saying the following in his own words in an exchange which you can hear for yourself in the above video:

Dr. Timothy Leary: "Uh, of course…uh, then, there of course, was part [break in audio – mic muffled] coolness of the Los Angeles [break in audio – mic muffled], uh, [break in audio – mic muffled] cell, whatever you want to call it. But they kept a, you kept a, uh…

Dr. Sidney Cohen: "Would you mind not calling it a cell? Let’s call it a cluster!"

Dr. Timothy Leary: "All right. [Room laughs] Our undercover agents in Los Angeles were very cool about, uh, and yet they did more in a very laid-back way, uh, and it’s every bit as public as some of the other, you know, the buses running around the country..."

Dr. Oscar Janiger: "Yeah, and then Zinnberg says that the visionary experience, and all of the things he was doing at Harvard, and the others, his residence, and the rest he was giving LSD to, they never had a visionary, or ecstatic, or mystic experience. That the whole thing was a California invention, he said."

Dr. Timothy Leary: "Wonderful! They’re right!"

(There's a lot more to discuss about all this regarding how it applies to the UFO phenomenon, specifically how much of UFOlogy could really be the result of this kind of controlled-opposition tricksterism, but this is fairly long, so I'll leave it here for now. But all of this provides some insight into how these sneaky, controlled-opposition cultural movements are socially engineered to divert & confuse society. I can discuss in a later post why exactly the UFO zeitgeist would be useful to social engineers, but for now I'll just say that Dr. Jacques Vallee himself laid out some very convincing reasons in his book _Messengers of Deception_.)

A couple other links:
"R. Gordon Wasson: The Man, The Myth, The Legend---Beginning a New History of Magic Mushrooms, Ethnomycology, and the Psychedelic Revolution": http://www.gnosticmedia.com/SecretHistoryMagicMushroomsProject#R. Gordon Wasson

"Manufacturing the Deadhead: A Product of Social Engineering":
http://www.gnosticmedia.com/manufac...cial-engineering-by-joe-atwill-and-jan-irvin/

Last edited:
George Wingfield is interviewed on one of the Paracast interviews... [not the most recent one] he recounts how he had dinner with WS and his wife Anne. When WS left the room, Anne told George that "it was all in his head". She did not believe the abductions [and whatever else?] were real world events beyond what WS experienced inside his head.
This is doubly interesting in light of Whitley's insistence that it was Anne who served to remind him never to dismiss his encounter with the Master of the Key as a figment of his imagination... So many layers of intrigue and inconsistency to this; Strieber's "body of lies" is like the whole UFO mystery in microcosm.

I only share this info because I took these topics very seriously, because the Truth is what I was seeking.....But information I've come across in the past couple years leads me to think that I was tricked, pure & simple----and I hope fellow Paracasters will read this & carefully consider these points without automatically dismissing them. After all, most of us agree that UFOlogy needs a new approach if we want to get anywhere.
Yep, and I feel the same way about being tricked, though I don't throw quite such a lead blanket over the whole thing as Jan Irvin does. I also think there is still much of value in Castaneda, for example. Maybe the trick is identifying the poisons in order to determine the right (homeopathic) dosage (as with hallucinogens).

-the one that started to unravel it for me was the fact that the so-called discoverer of 'magic mushrooms' (R. Gordon Wasson) was the vice-president of J.P. Morgan bank, and got MK-ULTRA funds (MK subproject 58) to promote this agenda with his 1957 Life magazine article which introduced the concept to the public ("Seeking The Magic Mushroom", Life magazine, May 13, 1957).
Yep again. To my enormous surprise, I ended up researching Wasson while looking into my own Fabian family background growing up in the UK in the 1960s, and how it all ties into Jimmy Savile and the institutional sexual abuse iceberg of which his own activities were the tip. I now seriously think Savile may have been part of the UK branch of what we're calling "MK-ULTRA" (which I suspect is a bit of a deliberate over-simplification). The link between Wasson and UK mind control is the poet Robert Graves, who first told Wasson about the mushroom, and who worked with William Sargant, colleague of Ewen Cameron, on Sargant's best seller, Battle for the Mind. Here's the link: The Gates of Hell: MKULTRA, Robert Graves, William Sargant, & Wasson’s Magic Mushroom (Occult Yorkshire 10)

I'll just say that Dr. Jacques Vallee himself laid out some very convincing reasons in his book _Messengers of Deception_.)
Yep # 3. IMO it's Vallee's most interesting book and the only book I know of that makes the connection between the creation of UFO mythology and the drive to promote space travel (albeit in a single paragraph). Vallee was an insider who seems to have been fully turned to the agenda over the years, judging by the quality of his later books and the fact he just endorsed Strieber and Kripal's new book! :rolleyes:

Liminalist, thanks for the reply. I think "promoting space travel" is the least important of Vallee's ideas regarding UFOs & social engineering, and actually I don't think promoting space travel is part of the more immediate agenda at all. In my opinion, the hope of space travel is just another fantasy for people to get lost in, a sci-fi utopian la-la land as opposed to a spiritual, New Age one. The technology is still too far away, despite vague assertions about a "breakaway civilization" as guys like Richard Dolan like to speculate on---in fact I think the oligarchs are breaking away, but in terms of mental-space, not outer-space. And even if we had the technology, the human psyche is not ready for such experiences. Traveling off-planet into the black void of space is to leave behind every familiarity we've evolved with, and would leave most humans quaking with post-traumatic stress-disorder should they be lucky enough to make it back to firm ground.

In _Messengers of Deception_, Dr. Jaques Vallee outlined 6 social effects caused by belief in UFOs: 1) to demean society's sense of human ingenuity by replacing it with ideas of 'ancient aliens', 2) to widen the gap between the public and scientific institutions, making many regard scientific reasoning as impotent ("you scientists are so blind, you're ignoring the UFO mystery; science doesn't have the answers!") 3) promotes the concept of "political unification" of Earth, 4) promotes a new high-demand religion, 5) promotes irrational motivations & explanations based on faith, and 6) degrades democratic structures/processes, while promoting the concept of "higher races" & totalitarian ideology. All of this fits in with the idea of oligarchs regressing society to a dumbed-down, stupefied, magical-thinking state of confusion.

I'd also add that since modern technology is helping erode the archaic, Abrahamic religions & traditional belief structures, the oligarchs need more up-to-date, relevant myths to ensnare & guide the minds of the modern masses. And the UFO phenomenon is quasi-scientific enough to meet these goals.

What did you think of the other points, specifically those quotes by Huxley and Leary? Why would Huxley be scheming to market names to make psychotomimetics more appealing to the masses, when he was supposedly worried about the masses being drugged & distracted? Why would Leary make references to "our undercover agents"? Why would Huxley & Dr. Osmond discuss whether Leary was "too square" for the job, and say that it was nice that "it" was going to be done at Harvard? Why would Leary laughingly agree to the assertion that the mystical aspects of LSD were a "california invention"? These guys were social engineers, and they were pulling a tie-dyed blanket over the public's eyes.

As for Castaneda, have you ever read up on his later life and the witch-tinged cults he got enmeshed in? That was another thing that convinced me the guy was just a charlatan. I agree that these drugs might have some relevant uses----therapeutic ones, as I said in my post above---but just as those therapeutic uses were discovered, they began to be legally restricted, and suddenly guys like Castaneda & Leary sprang up to promote their wide-spread, recreational & religious uses, thereby neutralizing the helpful, effective uses and steering society down a primrose path toward a "brave new world."

Liminalist, thanks for the reply. I think "promoting space travel" is the least important of Vallee's ideas regarding UFOs & social engineering, and actually I don't think promoting space travel is part of the more immediate agenda at all. In my opinion, the hope of space travel is just another fantasy for people to get lost in, a sci-fi utopian la-la land as opposed to a spiritual, New Age one. The technology is still too far away, despite vague assertions about a "breakaway civilization" as guys like Richard Dolan like to speculate on---in fact I think the oligarchs are breaking away, but in terms of mental-space, not outer-space. And even if we had the technology, the human psyche is not ready for such experiences. Traveling off-planet into the black void of space is to leave behind every familiarity we've evolved with, and would leave most humans quaking with post-traumatic stress-disorder should they be lucky enough to make it back to firm ground.
Absolutely, which is precisely why they are working so hard to sell us on the idea of space travel, not because it is a viable future reality but because it ISN'T. But the idea of it, and the belief that it is the solution to all humanity's problems, is in 2016 even more widespread than the belief in ETs, IMO.

In _Messengers of Deception_, Dr. Jaques Vallee outlined 6 social effects caused by belief in UFOs: 1) to demean society's sense of human ingenuity by replacing it with ideas of 'ancient aliens', 2) to widen the gap between the public and scientific institutions, making many regard scientific reasoning as impotent ("you scientists are so blind, you're ignoring the UFO mystery; science doesn't have the answers!") 3) promotes the concept of "political unification" of Earth, 4) promotes a new high-demand religion, 5) promotes irrational motivations & explanations based on faith, and 6) degrades democratic structures/processes, while promoting the concept of "higher races" & totalitarian ideology. All of this fits in with the idea of oligarchs regressing society to a dumbed-down, stupefied, magical-thinking state of confusion.
Great list, thanks for the summation. I find it interesting that the book is so rarely mentioned, even when talking about Vallee's contribution to the field.

What did you think of the other points, specifically those quotes by Huxley and Leary? Why would Huxley be scheming to market names to make psychotomimetics more appealing to the masses, when he was supposedly worried about the masses being drugged & distracted? Why would Leary make references to "our undercover agents"? Why would Huxley & Dr. Osmond discuss whether Leary was "too square" for the job, and say that it was nice that "it" was going to be done at Harvard? Why would Leary laughingly agree to the assertion that the mystical aspects of LSD were a "california invention"? These guys were social engineers, and they were pulling a tie-dyed blanket over the public's eyes.
Sure. But you seem to have picked up some of Irvin's indignation along with the information!

As for Castaneda, have you ever read up on his later life and the witch-tinged cults he got enmeshed in? That was another thing that convinced me the guy was just a charlatan. I agree that these drugs might have some relevant uses----therapeutic ones, as I said in my post above---but just as those therapeutic uses were discovered, they began to be legally restricted, and suddenly guys like Castaneda & Leary sprang up to promote their wide-spread, recreational & religious uses, thereby neutralizing the helpful, effective uses and steering society down a primrose path toward a "brave new world."
IMO Castaneda was very far from being "just a charlatan," as is Strieber, or indeed any of these guys. We may even need to reevaluate what we mean by charlatan, if it is part of the secret tradition of social engineering; trickster perhaps comes closer, tho as Burnt State pointed out, it gives too much undue credit. Tho not in the case, I think, of Castaneda. Here's a piece on him to clarify why I say so, if you're really interested. It's a few years old, I would be more skeptical now, and it doesn't include his claim to have worked as a govt assassin! But much of it still probably holds true for how I think. http://auticulture.com/wp-content/uploads/Castaneda.pdf (PDF), or online: A Sorcerer's Corner: Carlos Castaneda's Doomed Romance with Knowledge - Reality Sandwich

@Liminalist are you planning to eventually publish a book about WS? I really loved your comment to Ehrman that your work related to this is as if a snake is loose inside your house. Until the snake is found you're not going to give-up looking for it.

Your website is high art form for the eyes, the graphics and artwork images are amazing, and you have a year of commercial free podcasts there too. Your interviewing style, music intermission selections, are perfect for the type of very controversial subjects you are covering, and I think anyone can learn a lot by reading your online articles and listening to your podcast investigations into these subjects.

WS is an excellent focal point to jump off into many of these subjects you're covering.

Here is a link to your podcasts:

Podcast - AUTICULTURE

If you have time, please list and link here a few podcasts related to this...

Are there any podcasts you can recommend that you most especially enjoyed doing as your favorites, or which ones would you especially recommend for Paracast related subjects.

Sincere thanks for all your contributions here and, of course, most especially, there too.

You might consider an Amazon Kindle Edition too, whether or not you eventually need to put it on paper in traditional book form. About how many more parts/chapters can you estimate remain to be done on your blog? Or, is this snake likely to be loose for a few more years ~~~~ ?

Maybe WS has a few more books up his sleeve, and considering his trickster ego to broadcast his ideas with a forum, website, and talking podcast shows... assuming his health remains good... then this snake will be loose until he's caught "finally" unable to carry on.

Thanks for the information provided and copied below. I'll be checking these out very soon...

@Liminalist You replied about the Nova PBS program called Memory Hackers as follows:
I watched the doc last night & found it very interesting. The first part, using data gathered via scientific research was plausible enough (tho based in the materialist scientific paradigm that considers what's essentially torturing animals a valid way to discover how we function). What was even more interesting about this material, however, was how it did a leap mid-way and became a treatise on how false memories can be implanted. As I expected, this is where the testimony became more compromised. One of the main witnesses was Elizabeth Loftus, author of The Myth of Suppressed Memory and spokesperson for the False Memory Syndrome Foundation, who plugged this documentary at their site: False Memory Syndrome Foundation
You then listed a bunch of info related to Loftus and drew the following conclusions:
Bottom line, the PBS doc looks to me like another case of how an apparent investigation into one thing can be used as a delivery device for disinformation about another. The FMS BS is nested inside a compelling narrative to give it plausibility, nuance, and relevance that it simply doesn't have, creating the necessary context that will allow us to swallow bogus information uncritically. The same is true, as happens, of The Super Natural, IMO. But that's another story (tho related). The presence of these hidden agendas is of course highly devious, but I think it's how the media generally works, as a disinfo delivery device.
I'm truly baffled how you can draw such conclusions above. Why? I went back to watch the program again and found only 60 seconds in 53+ minute program that briefly showed her book covers while she recounted a childhood story about her earliest memory, and then there was a short mention how many innocent people convicted of crimes were vindicated by genetic testing. Nothing in that program used any of her research or findings, and, believe me, there was an amazingly wide variety of research being cited from numerous university research settings of very high reputation including important work being done in other countries too! See article I linked to at the bottom of this post.

You cannot possibly use her brief 60 second mention in a long program that had nothing to do with her work but had everything to do with new findings in memory research accumulated since the late 1990's until just recently. I don't believe any bogus or hidden agendas were implanted in this Memory Hacker program that have to do with what you imply with your child abuse dissociation issue.

You'll need to explain a lot more about how her brief 60 second mention is voiding or disqualifying all the excellent research mentioned in that program for 53 minutes that have nothing to do with her work. If her 60 second mention was completely edited out, then there would be absolutely no difference in the outcome or results of this program. She was used to make a minor point about her personal experience of her own childhood memory as a transition device to go into some research done independently of her work, and she later mentioned the innocent people wrongly convicted but proven innocent.

The research that was shown proved in that study that up to 70% of people could have their memories altered [to recall a violent or criminal act] by using suggestion and key words during a normal interview process of just a few sessions that did not involve any hypnosis or regression. That is an amazing finding that has nothing to do with Loftus and everything to do with memory alteration using the power of suggestion and key words during the interview sessions.

I do not see any hidden agenda here to insert some disinformation. You'll have to document how this is happening better than what you propose for me to even understand how that's even possible.

I do understand and believe that abused children will disassociate traumatic experiences to the point of denial and forgetting those events, which you alluded to, but the Memory Hacker program was not addressing that aspect of memory loss and trauma issues. Maybe Loftus has been used as an expert witness in court cases, but that is big mistake to suggest this program has anything to do with that. I does not.

What I learned is:

1) Memories can be altered significantly by an intentional interview process over several sessions using background information, subtlety suggesting ideas and key words, to change the original memories so the subject [up to 70%] can believe dramatic events [even violence] occurred that never really happened.

2) Lab experiments have proven that memories can be located and eliminated using rats. False memories can be implanted too.

3) This knowledge is now already being used with Human subjects in a therapeutic setting to eliminate long-term intense fears using a specific blood pressure medication combined with guided therapy to overcome the specific fear. It works!

The point I'm making is the MKU experiments must already be far advanced beyond what is being made public now in the Memory Hacker program that has nothing to do with the top secret work. I'm not an MKU expert, but I'm fearful about what the capabilities probably are with mind altering technologies to implant and alter or eliminate memories.

@Liminalist or anyone else... everyone should watch this program!

1) Tell me what you learned from the Memory Hacker program??? If necessary, just edit out the 60 seconds I mentioned, and the program is just the same with or without Loftus.

2) What research that was presented [the 60 seconds presented no research] do you think is incorrect and why?

Here is a thread topic about Memory Hackers. There is a complete article given in the first OP post worth reading. Check it out...

Memory Can Be Hacked Watch Nova's Memory Hackers

Last edited:
I agree that much of the information/research seems useful, so by all means don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. However, what was the intent behind this program? To say you can edit out the Loftus part and then it will be free of the FMS/MK-ULTRA agenda is unrealistic, IMO, if the point is that this link merely reveals that the same groups, individuals, rationales, and aims are consistent throughout. Also evidenced by the fact that the FMS foundation plugged this documentary.

I personally don't see how PBS or any other national syndicate documentaries could get made and aired that are not part of a disinformation campaign, because I am more or less convinced the mass media is 100% controlled for this purpose. Which doesn't mean I don't watch ever it. There are degrees of pollution and it is a wide spectrum. Good stuff makes it through the net perhaps merely to make it seem as tho it is not all controlled, and The Counselor is a lot less poisonous than American Sniper.

Regarding the notion that false memories can be created by the simple means shown in the doc, maybe, maybe not. People are highly suggestible, and the section about curing phobias in Amsterdam struck me as legit. And yes, it is all deeply disturbing, because what can be controlled, will be controlled. They are selling us our own voluntary bondage.

As for "the Memory Hacker program that has nothing to do with the top secret work." I don't even know what you mean by this. Do you envision that the secret military and intelligence scientific experimentation that goes on is somehow happening in a void, entirely unconnected to the sort of science that enters into the mainstream? If it is all a continuum ~ and how could it not be? ~ the scientists, groups, institutions and types of research that receive grants and that wind up being promoted on PBS documentaries would be those that are continuing the work of the military-intelligence complex by making it public, and always with some strategic aim in mind.

It would involve a lot of manual labor to strip down the files and upload them to the site. AppleScript/Automator will help some.

The heavy ad content begins in mid-2010, when we joined GCN.

If someone wants to volunteer to do what will be around 250 episodes or more, I'd offer a lifetime Paracast+ membership. But it would be small reimbursement for weeks of work.

Remember, too, that when the files are saved again in MP3 format, quality will decline somewhat.
I can do it. I only wanna know how much time i get .

You can do it in stages. Start with the recent episodes and go from there. So long as you continue to send stuff, that's great. No deadline otherwise.

I'd have to show you how to post stuff, and you'll get the privileges to do so in the "Resource Manager" area that has Paracast+ content if you agree to do it. And the lifetime subscription. But I'd want to see a bit of progress before granting the full subscription. Maybe in stages, OK?

You can do it in stages. Start with the recent episodes and go from there. So long as you continue to send stuff, that's great. No deadline otherwise.

I'd have to show you how to post stuff, and you'll get the privileges to do so in the "Resource Manager" area that has Paracast+ content if you agree to do it. And the lifetime subscription. But I'd want to see a bit of progress before granting the full subscription. Maybe in stages, OK?
How about split the work 50/50 to make it go faster and not be so time consuming for one person to do? I'd be willing to do half the work. I have the software to do this with the highest quality encoding results you want, can begin this week, and I've already used it with good experience. Since most of the commercials come in the later years, we could split those years between us to keep the editing work balanced between us.

That's still a lot of work time for both of us that is still way below what it would cost with money. Considering we weren't paid subscribers anyway you're not going to lose any money off this deal. Anyway, I'm willing to help-out and take 1/2 the load of this task.

If both of you agree.

This would involve the shows from mid-2010 through October 2014, before Paracast+ kicked in.

The earlier shows would be more difficult, because ad breaks, while less frequent, were not as precisely timed.

Back