• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

February 14, 2016 — Whitley Strieber

No I haven't. As I said earlier I've avoided reading Strieber and pursuing abduction research, though I'm aware, given my reading in ufology, of the forms taken by the abduction meme.
Amazon has copies for 1 cent +shipping. Hardcover for 2.95. You seriously should read this book. Borrow a copy from the library for free. You've read plenty of UFO stories for me to be certain this book is not going to frighten you out of your wits, etc. I find it laughable for all the planted Ufology disinformation seeded throughout his life story, so it's very funny and amusing to me, but at the same time he seriously needed mental health treatment many many years before Communion. He's lucky he didn't kill anyone with his gun carrying paranoia compulsively searching his house for intruders for months on end.

So what's he do instead? He gets a book from his brother about UFO's and contacts Bud Hopkins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need I say more?????????? :D

Strieber was totally fabricating his story-line to fit the Ufology themes of that time. Anyone that's been reading this field for awhile and is not a gullible person by nature will see straight through with what Strieber was doing with this book. I certainly believe he was part of the disinformation campaigning and social engineering that was going on during that time period with Ufology.

The fact he apparently got a 1 million dollar advance shows some serious influential backing that rings true with Vallee's warning of The Messengers of Deception that is supporting him too. He's a con man. He also was clearly mentally ill by any standards, imo, though he could function with his mental illness making millions of dollars doing this too. He's now so buried in his mental illness of delusions that he will never get clear of it. He has his dysfunctional support community of believers at Unknown Country and still makes a good income. If he couldn't invest the millions he's made over the decades to support himself now, then I don't give a damn about it.

Ufology luminaries like these, and I can name several, reminds me exactly as if it's All Star Wrestling. It's all fake fights with bad guys and good guys, all pretenders, and their hero worship of someone like Strieber leading his cult of followers that are truly the fanatical fringe and certainly misguided. At least he's not Scientology.

Last edited:
Don't mean to detract from whatever else is going on in this thread or suggest that the satanic ritual abuse panic was anything other than that, but the Finders thing deserves better attention than it has gotten to date. In the 90's when people were shouting about satanism from the rooftops, lighting the torches and the newspapers and TV were loving it, the one thing you could never find out more about was the Finders. Steve Warner's Dark City podcast interviews Nick Bryant about his book on The Franklin Scandal, which ends up being about the Finders and makes them sound for all the world like a human trafficking ring. If it was, they must have loved the cover the whole ritual abuse panic provided. In another interview, Warner asks Michael Aquino about the ritual abuse allegations leveled against him. Warner's not quite up to speed on the issue, but it's a good interview anyway.

Back to the main broadcazt . . .

The only thing fascinating was researching The Finders and Marion D. Pettie that Strieber mentions. Everyone should read these articles linked below just for the real life "insanity value" including the real likelihood there was a CIA connection to this guy, but it does not have any direct connection to Strieber.

Finders’ Keeper: Marion Pettie and his secretive utopian community, the Finders, flourished underground for decades. Now the group is on the wane, its assets are in court, and its leader is strolling the streets of Culpeper. - Washington City Paper

Brainsturbator

Document:Finders Keepers - Wikispooks

[CTRL] The Finders' Keeper: An Interview with Marion Pettie

[...]the Finders thing deserves better attention than it has gotten to date.
I agree. Thanks for the references too. His wife worked for the CIA in the late '50's and early 60's. He said his son flew for the infamous Air America [CIA]. The mothers that had custody of the children that were reported at the park left the Finders soon after the incident.

I think he was a CI for getting information and pretending to be a nut job. He had connections to Timothy Leary and they were sending young "drop-outs" between properties that each of them were at. He claims he never did drugs, which is probably true. He was investigated for years in the 60's for drugs but nothing happened.

What I'd really like to know is what happened with the law suit with the former members. When he died. What happened to the remaining members. This is one of the most tripy stories I've ever read.

Did those interviews answer any of my questions above?

Thanks, but why should I read it if I'm not interested in reading it, especially when I've got a stack of other books waiting for me?
Mainly because you've taken a great interest in this thread to be posting quite a bit here, and the topic is running hot now. I assume you want to be informed about what you're writing about. Better to get it straight from Strieber himself, imo.

IMO, to attribute a purely opportunistic strategy to Strieber's movements doesn't even begin to account for the endless contradictions in his accounts. He is not just divided, he is fragmented.
He's blatantly engaging in disinformation and falsehoods throughout his Communion book. It's fragmented and opportunistic for the Messengers of Deception, and he joined that club with this book and the many others following it too!

He could easily be lying based on all the millions [and a million dollar advance] he's made off these ideas including what others have said about him that is already posted to this thread.

Fragmented = Trickster Pretender Actor Manipulator Sympathy Player. This is a well known personality disorder within psychotherapy circles, it can be very dangerous and criminal too, and he provides ample evidence of this kind of behavior. [He is potentially dangerous to those that totally believe him, though there is no evidence of criminal behavior.]

IF he was truly experiencing all these creature visions and missing time and location displacements throughout his life with the extreme fear and paranoia he admits to, then he needed serious long-term mental health care many many years *before* he wrote Communion.

You need to visit some mentally ill patients with delusions and spacing out [missing time] issues. There are plenty of people just like Strieber with these problems. He was extremely lucky he had a wife that would tolerate his long-term mental illness problems, but he knew how to make money off these ideas. The very fact she remains married to Strieber is a sure sign that Strieber may be putting on a false front to the public vs his private life. See comments she made to Wingfield already posted to this thread that indicate just that possibility.

Seriously, you do understand what happened to Strieber once Bud Hopkins got a hold of him right from the beginning before he wrote Communion??? WTF, also he's reading a UFO book [Christmas '85] right when all this is happening too!
Anyone who thinks nothing profoundly traumatic happened to Strieber should listen to his first hypnosis session, which he has online.
See above for a valid explanation, AND remember he was given a book Science and the UFOs by Jenny Randles. It had enough about ET and abductions that Bud Hopkins was mentioned in that book!!! Do *you* seriously believe his brother gave that to him by sheer coincidence Christmas '85??? Well, do you?

Oh, and look at this juicy tidbit from Communion. It's what he was looking into about the local sightings before the hypnosis:

Quoting: "Neither the official story nor Mr. Klass's offering explains the hundreds of closeup sighting reports collected by local science teacher Phillip J. Imbrogno whom the Times described as "one person working hard to provide a rational explanation." I spoke to Mr. Imbrogno, who said that he had collected since 1983 more than two hundred reports from people trained in some way as observers, and that they had seen huge devices that had clear structure to them."

So, Strieber was in contact with another discredited Ufologist!!! Imbrogno!

Here's another quote from Communion. This is in January '86 before the hypnosis:

Quoting: "I finally finishedScience and the UFOs. Toward the end of the book I was astonished to read a description of an experience similar to my own. When I read the author's version of the "archetypal abduction experience," I was shocked. I was lying in bed at the time, and I just stared and stared at the words. I, also, had been seated in a little depression in the woods. And I had later remembered an animal.

My first reaction was to slam the book closed as if it contained a coiled snake.

They were talking about people who think they're taken aboard spaceships by aliens. And I seemed to be such a person. My blood went cold: Nobody must ever, ever know about this, not even Anne. I decided just to lock the business away in my mind. [...]

I remembered that a man named Budd Hopkins had been mentioned in the book as a prominent researcher in the field."

I can rest my case about what is going on with Strieber and social engineering with classic disinformation. But, there's plenty more where this came from.

I sympathize with what happened to you back when you first read this book, since you believed it completely. What year did you first read it?

Last edited:
I can rest my case about what is going on with Strieber and social engineering with classic disinformation.

You can rest your case, HP, but I don't think you've made your case. By contrast, I think that @Liminalist has made a very good case for his well-researched theory concerning the agencies and influences responsible for producing Strieber's fragmented, conflicted, and compulsive mentality and later using him as an instrument by which to purvey a terrifying and influential mythology concerning alien abduction. As I see it, the purpose of this mythology was to derail the progress of public ufo research and discussion toward a rational consensus concerning the most likely intentions of other species of intelligent life observing conditions here from a distance over a protracted period of time, and how the PTB should respond to this phenomenon. Efforts to derail such grounded discussion on the part of agents of the PTB would make sense given the PTB's long efforts to suppress public engagement with the ufo subject. Decades of official lies, ridicule, secrecy, and obfuscation had all failed to suppress inquiry concerning the ufos. Terrorizing people about 'aliens' having immense paranormal powers to abduct and violate anyone, physically and mentally, at any moment might work to discourage interest and progress in more reasoned discussions about ufos. And so it has.

Last edited:
I think that @Liminalist has made a very good case for his well-researched theory concerning the agencies and influences responsible for producing Strieber's fragmented, conflicted, and compulsive mentality and later using him as an instrument by which to purvey a terrifying and influential mythology concerning alien abduction.
He's posted nine parts to his Strieber book preview to read so far. Which ones have you read? I'm certainly in agreement with many of his ideas. @Liminalist has had an unusual and intense interest, first believing and then disbelieving, studying Strieber and his books since maybe 1987.

Did you already listen to his podcast just above?

Last edited:
What's the point of these questions, HP? I sense that, like your pressuring me to read Communion, the purpose is to find someone to engage with you in an extended debate about Strieber and Liminalist's analysis concerning him. Sorry, but I'm not interested in taking the time for that and have no personal investment in continuing the thread further. Liminalist is the one you want to engage in discussion or debate. If he's not interested, why not let the thread go?

Last edited:
Those questions are meant to learn where your knowledge base is about Strieber and @Liminalist, since you are making sweeping statements about what @Liminalist knows and then relate that to your own conclusive analysis of what is going on with the PTB and UFO's.

HP (whoever you are), you want to challenge my support for Liminalist's analysis of Strieber's mental condition and its likely causes, thus (you hope) placing me in a position of having to defend my support for his views further than I already have in my posts in this thread. I'm not biting. Feel free to disagree with anything I've posted. I might or might not respond. Otherwise, get off my case. You're becoming a pest.

HP (whoever you are), you want to challenge my support for Liminalist's analysis of Strieber's mental condition and its likely causes, thus (you hope) placing me in a position of having to defend my support for his views further than I already have in my posts in this thread.
You can't read my mind or know my motives, because you're wrong in this instance.
Otherwise, get off my case. You're becoming a pest.
Uhhh, I was simply answering your question. Remember, you asked:
What's the point of these questions, HP?
I simply answered.

To @Liminalist [or anyone] ...I noticed in your posted chapters that you did not mention anything about the triangles that were marked on Strieber's body. There must be some significance for this shape, and I'm just wondering if you're aware of what Strieber has said about it. Does anyone know or want to speculate about it?

You've made some speculations about Strieber having some connections to the Process Church in London and with some of his travel companions too in the '60's. What Occult implications might this have? Anything to do with the triangle or number 3?

Also, I found this to be very weird about Strieber's use of the numbers 3 and 3 in his Communion book, when he mentions he was examined by three psychologists and three psychiatrists. Might he be eluding to some kind of numerology or hidden meanings with such word play? Wonder if he talks much about Masonry? This is far fetched, but... might he be making a connection to the 33 Degree -the highest standing and attainment for Mason's in the Scottish Rite?

Is he doing these numbers games in any of his other books too?

Last edited:
What's this ?I see no new messages .This page is stuck on p. 13 . for several days...
Some people obviously don't appreciate my line of inquiry and questions. These go unanswered probably because they think I have some hidden agenda or don't agree with their pov. Of course, I could just be playing the Devil's Advocate to flesh-out what other people might know [with supporting information] to the contrary. Isn't that a constructive method to learn more about a subject? There are plenty of readers that never post to this thread, but they would appreciate anyone posting ideas contrary to mine too.

Why? To learn!!! Do I own the truth? No, I don't.

Last edited:
Question; in the movie "Communion" - what is the robot/toy thing that comes hovering in the room to Christopher Walken's bed supposed to mean/represent? Thanks :)
From the book. Same encounter:

" This figure was too small to be a person, unless a child. I have measured the approximate distance that the top of the head was from the ground, based on my memory of the figure's position in the doorway, and I believe that it was roughly three and a half feet tall, altogether smaller and lighter than my son.

I could see perhaps a third of the figure, the part that was bending around the door so that it could see me. It had a smooth, rounded hat on, with an odd, sharp rim that jutted out easily four inches on the side I could see. Below this was a vague area. I could not see the face, or perhaps I would not see it. A few moments later, when it was close to the bed, I saw two dark holes for eyes and a black down turning line of a mouth that later became an O.

From shoulder to midriff was the visible third of a square plate etched with concentric circles. This plate stretched from just below the chin to the waist area. At the time I thought it looked like some sort of breastplate, or even an armored vest. Beneath it was a rectangular appliance of the same type, which covered the lower waist to just above the knees. The angle at which the individual was leaning was such that the lower legs were hidden behind the door.

I was quite shocked, but what I was seeing was so strange I had to assume that it was a dream. Maybe this is why I continued to sit in bed, taking no action. Or perhaps my mind was already under some sort of control. "

From the book. Same encounter:

" This figure was too small to be a person, unless a child. I have measured the approximate distance that the top of the head was from the ground, based on my memory of the figure's position in the doorway, and I believe that it was roughly three and a half feet tall, altogether smaller and lighter than my son.

I could see perhaps a third of the figure, the part that was bending around the door so that it could see me. It had a smooth, rounded hat on, with an odd, sharp rim that jutted out easily four inches on the side I could see. Below this was a vague area. I could not see the face, or perhaps I would not see it. A few moments later, when it was close to the bed, I saw two dark holes for eyes and a black down turning line of a mouth that later became an O.

From shoulder to midriff was the visible third of a square plate etched with concentric circles. This plate stretched from just below the chin to the waist area. At the time I thought it looked like some sort of breastplate, or even an armored vest. Beneath it was a rectangular appliance of the same type, which covered the lower waist to just above the knees. The angle at which the individual was leaning was such that the lower legs were hidden behind the door.

I was quite shocked, but what I was seeing was so strange I had to assume that it was a dream. Maybe this is why I continued to sit in bed, taking no action. Or perhaps my mind was already under some sort of control. "
Wow. Pretty odd incident. Thank you for the info :)

Back