• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files

Golemfrost

Armchair hero
I must admit i think the show is somewhat entertaining, although imo their method of debunking is flawed.
Just because you can recreate something like a video or photo, doesn´t actually prove anything, nor does it really taint the the original evidence imo. It just shows that with some effort you could recreate a similar thing.
What are your thoughts ?

It's been a long long time since I've been able to sit through a whole paranormal t.v. show. In fact the last one I think I watched all the way through was the Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Staak when he was talking about the black triangles.

I like this show, not so much because of their debunking attempts, but more because of the videos that they find, and their subsequent investigations (or not). I agree with you that just because you can find an alternative explanation via debunking that it dismisses the initial claim. Usually their debunking is weak, but occasionally they have had some success in making me think their debunking claim is what really happened.Two that spring to mind are skydiver's with flares making a night jump, and a haunted swingset in South America. IMHO those two were explained fairly well.

I also wonder though like Sonofaskunk if they might be doing some disinformation.

Speaking of weird videos, have any of you seen the one where there is CCTV footage of a purported alien abduction where the woman dematerializes from bed? I'll have to see if I can't find a link. I thought it was interesting.

Its ok to watch, but at least it is not a bad as the haunted collector. That show is just stupid...He comes into your home and locates the most expensive antique and tells the owner its haunted and ask if he can have it, what a racket!

Of the paranormal shows, at least they use some science and try to debunk, unlike many others...... To me it's similar to Mythbusters, they try things only a few different ways, then come to a definitive conclusion from that limited data.

I think the show is mildly entertaining. I prefer that show with that Josh guy. At least they go to some cool places.

Back