• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Face on Mars

Free episodes:

Uchideshi

Some kind of slow flying Bee.
There are afew topics on the face of mars in the forums but i couldnt find what i was looking for.

Does anyone know if a study was ever done to see if the Face on Mars actually was "Looking" towards something during its orbit/rotation? a particular constelation or planet maybe during a certain time of year??? some civilizations/religions have there temples or monuments facing certain ways.

Its obviously this is a pretty broad question:) maybe a Noob Question so feel free to shout me down.:eek:

I don't think that there is a face. However, if there was Mars suffers from a wobble just like Earth. We have an axis tilt of 23.5 degrees and thanks to the moon that tilt varies only slightly over time. Not the case with Mars. There is no large counter gravitational source sufficient enough to stabilize the planets wobble. Mars currently sits on a 25 degree axis and can vary up to 10 degrees over time. Meaning that you would have to know the relative point in history when the structure was created to answer the question "What is it looking at?".

There are afew topics on the face of mars in the forums but i couldnt find what i was looking for.

Does anyone know if a study was ever done to see if the Face on Mars actually was "Looking" towards something during its orbit/rotation? a particular constelation or planet maybe during a certain time of year??? some civilizations/religions have there temples or monuments facing certain ways.

Its obviously this is a pretty broad question:) maybe a Noob Question so feel free to shout me down.:eek:
To see the face from a topographic satellite :go to:esa portal,click on videos then click on cydonia

I see this picture was posted on another thread regarding Mars although I think it's worth seeing again. We can speculate all we want to whether the Face is real or not. By arguing over its authenticity we miss the deeper significance it has had to the collective consciousness of our society and planet. For many people, including probably myself, its possible existence created the amazing chance and acknowledgment that there may have been an extremely ancient civilization that once existed, we have forgotten completely about, and was on another planet no less!! In some ways the face has played its part in the journey of humanity as we struggle to break out of the ideological dogma of religion and learn our true heritage and place in the universe. Kirby knew about the face almost twenty years before the first images of it emerged. Kirby's comics were full of esotericism and symbolism, and maybe he "prophesied" the Face because of the profound reverberations of its symbolic and powerful influence on human consciousness to which he was greatly attuned to in his comics. So, if the face is "real' or not "real" doesn't matter; what does matter is the effect it has had on millions of people by simply expressing a possibility.
face_on_mars-kirby.jpg

Mars "face" taken from the Mars Global Surveyor and Mars Express.

APOD: 2003 December 14 - Close up of the Face on Mars

face2001_mgs_big.gif

APOD: 2006 September 25 - Mars Express Close Up of the Face on Mars

face2_marsexpress_big.jpg

Although it is more than likely that the "Face of Mars" is'nt what we thought it might have been.

I do look at the rover images sent back from the red planet and just can't help thinking some objects in those images just dont look right.

:)

Well, as stated prior, if there is a Face on Mars, then the Valles Marineris could be the crack, or arse, on Mars, right?

We may have something here.

I take it this image is some what to scale? ..

If so, it goes to show how little of Mars has been explored. WOW

:)

Back