• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

External Qi Energy transmission proven by Mayo Clinic -- and its ancient lineage

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you probably know the emotions are linked to the main organs of the body -- so emotion is more complicated in non-western cultures. It's an electrochemical blockage -- too much alcohol causes a liver blockage which causes anger -- too much caffeine is a kidney blockage which causes fear -- too much smoke is a lung blockage which causes sadness -- too much sugar is a pancreas blockage which causes worry.

I did not know that. However, now that you mention it, too much blockage in the colon does make one cantankerous.

The secrets, the pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo, Qigong is more of a quasi-religious philosphy than it is anything else, far from any kind of scientific validation that I can tell. But what do I know? Not much.

I did not know that. However, now that you mention it, too much blockage in the colon does make one cantankerous.

The secrets, the pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo, Qigong is more of a quasi-religious philosphy than it is anything else, far from any kind of scientific validation that I can tell. But what do I know? Not much.

Yeah my book goes into the science that provides a model to explain qigong. As I stated qigong is the opposite extreme of science so if you go to the extreme of science you can find a way to describe how qigong works -- most people fall back on quantum mechanics or relativity but in fact there's a cutting edge discipline of science called "quantum chaos" that is the most appropriate to give a model for how qigong works. So I was corresponding with quantum chaos math professor Steve Strogatz -- he uses Los Alamos supercomputers for his research -- and he said the latest project he was working on is how the circadian rhythms of the body are tied to disease -- based on a 2 hour cycle. I responded that qigong also provides this model -- every 2 hours the energy shifts from one of the main organs -- so the electrochemical energy is focused on a different organ every 2 hours with a different electrochemical emotional focus. For example the N.I.H. has held conferences on melatonin as a treatment for cancer and melatonin peaks every night from 11 pm to 1 a.m. -- around there -- so if a person is given melatonin at that same time then there is a natural resonance with the body's circadian rhythm to amplify the antioxidant strength of melatonin. Melatonin is the strongest natural antioxidant of the body. Qigong also teaches that the best time to meditate is between 11 pm and 1 a.m. at night and also 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. during the day and this is explained as when the sun is either lowest or highest in the horizon and therefore the sun's energy is the strongest either in the lower tan tien (at noon) or the upper tan tien (the third eye) at midnight -- or during those 2 hour cycles.

So qigong is really not a religion -- it's a technique. Sitting in full lotus is the advanced practice but it's also the simplest in terms of concept. So qigong master Chunyi Lin says 20 minutes of full lotus equals 4 hours of any other type of meditation. There's no need for any "concepts" about it -- you just do the body position. The energy will cycle on its own from there.

An excellent description of the training of a qigong master is the biography of qigong master Wang Liping. Amazon.com: Opening the Dragon Gate: The Making of a Modern Taoist Wizard (9780804831857): Chen Kaiguo, Zheng Shunchao, Thomas Cleary: Books

The term "qigong" is actually from the Communists -- they needed a term for what had previously been called Tao Yin -- which means passive meditation as the full lotus sitting meditation is "passive." Since the Communists were against religion yet they were promoting qigong since it worked so well for health they coined the term "qigong" or energy work. It's ironic but there you go. haha.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Oh yeah and for blockages in the colon I recommend cayenne. It expands the vessels instead of contracting them like caffeine. Cayenne also kills cancer and has many other amazing health properties -- especially lowering the cholesterol levels and increasing energy.

What if you are physically incapable of getting into the lotus position?
I tore my acl and lcl in a Karate competition last year and I'm still trying to get my knee to work properly. I can barely squat, much less fold my leg. Is there another position that will work?

I tore my acl and lcl in a Karate competition last year and I'm still trying to get my knee to work properly. I can barely squat, much less fold my leg. Is there another position that will work?

Right -- here's the basic foundational standing exercise -- very very simple!
actually qigong master Chunyi Lin became a qigong master specifically because he had a severe knee injury -- in both knees -- from a basketball accident. He tried all treatments and the doctors wanted to do surgery but even that was not likely to be successful -- and then he heard that a qigong master was coming to town -- a qigong master who did 7 hour non-stop healing sessions to thousands of people at the same time. This master was Yan Xin -- I actually saw these "stadium" healing sessions when I saw a Chinese documentary made by the Chinese government called Yan Xin Supermaster.

Anyway so Chunyi Lin, having no other option, attended the Yan Xin chi-emitting lecture -- and there was no bathroom breaks allowed for 7 1/2 hours. He just listened very intently to Yan Xin who transmits chi while he is speaking and guiding the meditation -- and Chunyi Lin said that as he sat on the ground of this soccer field -- as the meditation continued then he felt like ants were crawling all over him and then his body went ice cold except for his heart and then his body went burning hot except for his heart -- and the whole time he just kept listening and focusing on Yan Xin's words -- and then Chunyi Lin had a samadhi experience where he saw the stars and traveled out of his body. When the lecture was over Chunyi Lin's knees were 80% healed -- and this was from pain so excruciating he could barely stand up. So then Chunyi Lin continued the Yan Xin meditation for a couple more months and his knees were completely healed and then soon after he was going into full lotus. He said that once he was watching a martial arts movie he was really into and he was in full lotus for 2 hours non-stop but he was so concentrated on the movie that he didn't notice the pain. After that he just kept up the 2 hour practice. Chunyi Lin says there's good pain and bad pain but the full lotus is good pain.

Now Chunyi Lin trained Jim Nance to be a qigong master and it turns out Jim Nance also had severe knee injuries from his professional basketball career -- and Jim Nance says not to force the full lotus but eventually Jim Nance worked his way up to staying in full lotus for over 2 hours -- non-stop -- every day and then after that kept going deeper into the meditation. Jim Nance then even injured himself -- slipping on the ice in a parking lot in Minnesota -- and he did get some knee surgery for his ligaments but then he did go right back into full lotus and completely healed himself.

So the best way to heal yourself is to do the foundation exercise -- which is the "small universe" exercise.
As I stated qigong and yoga and tai-chi and the Bushman trance healing, which is the origin of it all -- it's all based on complementary opposite resonance modelled by non-western music.

So the "small universe" is the foundation exercise because it's the 12 notes of the music scale applied to the body-mind for transformation. There's a great introduction book that covers this exercise -- calling it the "microcosmic orbit" -- Mantak Chia - Awaken Healing Energy through the Tao You can read it full for free there -- and that goes into detail about students' experiences practicing this exercise.

That exercise only requires sitting in a chair -- but if you can also do the simple standing tai-chi exercises this helps alot. But even still if a person is paralyzed they can still do the "small universe" exercise and it is the foundation -- it can take you to the most advanced level if you practice it very sincerely. Chunyi Lin says he had someone practice the small universe c.d. meditation that he guides -- the person was in a wheel chair in the U.K. and after the first time of practicing the "small universe" they were able to stand up out of the wheel chair.

I know it's amazing to think this is possible -- but the book I gave a link to earlier -- "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" -- that takes you to the most advanced level of alchemical energy training and it's all just the small universe exercise but just going to a deeper level.

So full lotus isn't required but it is the best way possible to test if a person really is creating electromagnetic fields as healing energy. The book I wrote does detail a Western explanation for how these electromagnetic fields are created but I can assure you that if the practice is done with serious focus the energy is very powerful.

The easiest, of course, is to get the energy transmissions from the qigong masters -- either Jim Nance or Chunyi Lin -- both of them have done long distance transmissions on me and I can assure you the center of my brain was frying up with amazing magnetic bliss -- like a laser was inside my head. So it's almost impossible for people to conceptualize what the "shen" laser holographic transmission is like but it can be done long distance and also is done over the phone since the voice carries the energy. There's also qigong master Effie P. Chow in San Francisco eastwestqi.com About Dr. Chow -- she does amazing healing and when she came to Minneapolis that was my first exposure to qigong and she blew the fuse in the room behind us! I experienced strong electromagnetic fields between my hands.

Of course there are ton more details to the practice but the simplest is the most powerful -- and the real source of the power is from the electromagnetic love energy of the heart -- so if a person has good intentions from the heart then this enables the very loving deep rainbow healing energy. That is the Level 4 training that Chunyi Lin teaches although he says he could teach another ten levels -- but 4 levels is more than enough.

At the third level he focuses on opening the third eye so then he touches peoples' foreheads and he transmits the laser energy into the center of peoples' brains. So this is what caused me to have a permanent magnetic bliss in the center of my brain -- but I had been doing about 6 hours of training a day for several months and I had done the "bigu" training -- which was the week long fast on just half a glass of water. This is an alchemical training so I was never hungry nor thirsty and then the electromagnetic fields just got stronger and stronger.

http://www.preparedpatientforum.org/research/support_063010.pdf

Oh yeah you can watch the first part of the Level 2 qigong healing instructional videos here and also there's a link to the Western science studies of qigong:
Natural Resonance Revolution: SFQ Level 2 healing vids

Title: Evidence of light piping (Meridian-Like channels) in the human body and nonlocal EMF effects
Author(s): Popp FA, Maric-Oehler W, Schlebusch KP, Klimek W
Source: ELECTROMAGNETIC BIOLOGY AND MEDICINE 24 (3): 359-374 2005
Document Type: Article
Language: English
Cited References: 22 Times Cited: 0

Abstract: By means of infrared spectroscopy there has been evidence of light channels in the body. These channels follow along the lines known in traditional Chinese medicine as "meridians. They appear in the range from 3.4 to 5 mu m, and they are based on an extraordinarily high optical coherence. Similar observations have been reported about plants. A basic physical analysis of these phenomena points to a wide range of electromagnetic interactions that may cover almost the whole electromagnetic spectrum. They are characterized by excitation temperatures far from equilibrium, containing coherent states, and moving between the absolute maximum entropy and absolute minimum number of degrees of freedom. The results may provide new insights into the principles of electromagnetic regulation of biological systems. However, enormous amounts of work are still necessary to reveal the mechanisms of the mode couplings in the broad field of interactions.
Author Keywords: biophotons; light piping; meridians; mode-coupling
KeyWords Plus: DELAYED LUMINESCENCE; BIOPHOTON EMISSION; BIOLOGICAL-SYSTEMS; PLANT-TISSUES
Addresses: Popp FA (reprint author), Int Inst Biophys, Landesstiftung Hombroich,Raketenstn, Neuss, D-41472 Germany
Int Inst Biophys, Neuss, D-41472 Germany
E-mail Addresses: [email protected]

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

Title: Qigong exercise for the symptoms of Parkinson's disease: a randomized, controlled pilot study
Author(s): Schmitz-Hubsch T, Pyfer D, Kielwein K, Firnmers R, Wullner U
Source: MOVEMENT DISORDERS 21 (4): 543-548 APR 2006
Cited References: 27 Times Cited: 0
Abstract: Irrespective of limited evidence, not only traditional physiotherapy, but also a wide array of complementary methods are applied by patients with Parkinson's disease (PD). We evaluated the immediate and sustained effects of Qigong on motor and nonmotor symptoms of PD, using an add-on design. Fifty-six patients with different levels of disease severity (mean age/standard deviation [SD], 63.8/7.5 years; disease duration 5.8/4.2 years; 43 men [76%]) were recruited from the outpatient movement disorder clinic of the Department of Neurology, University of Bonn. We compared the progression of motor symptoms assessed by Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale motor part (UPDRS-III) in the Qigong treatment group (n = 32) and a control group receiving no additional intervention (n = 24). Qigong exercises were applied as 90-minute weekly group instructions for 2 months, followed by a 2 months pause and a second 2-month treatment period. Assessments were carried out at baseline, 3, 6, and 12 months. More patients improved in the Qigong group than in the control group at 3 and 6 months (P = 0.0080 at 3 months and P = 0.0503 at 6 months; Fisher's exact test). At 12 months, there was a sustained difference between groups only when changes in UPDRS-III were related to baseline. Depression scores decreased in both groups, whereas the incidence of several nonmotor symptoms decreased in the treatment group only. (C) 2005 Movement Disorder Society.
Author Keywords: Parkinson's disease; exercise; Qigong; clinical trial
KeyWords Plus: FUNCTIONAL DECLINE; DOPAMINE RELEASE; CONTROLLED-TRIAL; RATING-SCALE; DEPRESSION; COMPLEMENTARY; MULTICENTER; MONOTHERAPY; MODERATE; THERAPY
Addresses: Wullner U (reprint author), Univ Hosp Bonn, Dept Neurol, Sigmund Freud Str 25, Bonn, D-53105 Germany
Univ Bonn, Dept Neurol, Bonn, D-5300 Germany
Med Soc Qigong Yangsheng, Bonn, Germany
Univ Bonn, Inst Med Biometr Informat & Epidemiol, Bonn, D-5300 Germany
Publisher: WILEY-LISS, DIV JOHN WILEY & SONS INC, 111 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030 USA
Subject Category: CLINICAL NEUROLOGY
IDS Number: 036UV

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

drew hempel said:
Title: Evidence of light piping (Meridian-Like channels) in the human body and nonlocal EMF effects
Author(s): Popp FA, Maric-Oehler W, Schlebusch KP, Klimek W
Source: ELECTROMAGNETIC BIOLOGY AND MEDICINE 24 (3): 359-374 2005
Cited References: 22 Times Cited: 0

Abstract: By means of infrared spectroscopy there has been evidence of light channels in the body. These channels follow along the lines known in traditional Chinese medicine as "meridians. They appear in the range from 3.4 to 5 mu m, and they are based on an extraordinarily high optical coherence. Similar observations have been reported about plants. A basic physical analysis of these phenomena points to a wide range of electromagnetic interactions that may cover almost the whole electromagnetic spectrum. They are characterized by excitation temperatures far from equilibrium, containing coherent states, and moving between the absolute maximum entropy and absolute minimum number of degrees of freedom. The results may provide new insights into the principles of electromagnetic regulation of biological systems. However, enormous amounts of work are still necessary to reveal the mechanisms of the mode couplings in the broad field of interactions.
Author Keywords: biophotons; light piping; meridians; mode-coupling
KeyWords Plus: DELAYED LUMINESCENCE; BIOPHOTON EMISSION; BIOLOGICAL-SYSTEMS; PLANT-TISSUES
Addresses: Popp FA (reprint author), Int Inst Biophys, Landesstiftung Hombroich,Raketenstn, Neuss, D-41472 Germany
Int Inst Biophys, Neuss, D-41472 Germany

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

Title: Qigong exercise for the symptoms of Parkinson's disease: a randomized, controlled pilot study
Author(s): Schmitz-Hubsch T, Pyfer D, Kielwein K, Firnmers R, Wullner U
Source: MOVEMENT DISORDERS 21 (4): 543-548 APR 2006
Cited References: 27 Times Cited: 0
Abstract: Irrespective of limited evidence, not only traditional physiotherapy, but also a wide array of complementary methods are applied by patients with Parkinson's disease (PD). We evaluated the immediate and sustained effects of Qigong on motor and nonmotor symptoms of PD, using an add-on design. Fifty-six patients with different levels of disease severity (mean age/standard deviation [SD], 63.8/7.5 years; disease duration 5.8/4.2 years; 43 men [76%]) were recruited from the outpatient movement disorder clinic of the Department of Neurology, University of Bonn. We compared the progression of motor symptoms assessed by Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale motor part (UPDRS-III) in the Qigong treatment group (n = 32) and a control group receiving no additional intervention (n = 24). Qigong exercises were applied as 90-minute weekly group instructions for 2 months, followed by a 2 months pause and a second 2-month treatment period. Assessments were carried out at baseline, 3, 6, and 12 months. More patients improved in the Qigong group than in the control group at 3 and 6 months (P = 0.0080 at 3 months and P = 0.0503 at 6 months; Fisher's exact test). At 12 months, there was a sustained difference between groups only when changes in UPDRS-III were related to baseline. Depression scores decreased in both groups, whereas the incidence of several nonmotor symptoms decreased in the treatment group only. (C) 2005 Movement Disorder Society.
Author Keywords: Parkinson's disease; exercise; Qigong; clinical trial
KeyWords Plus: FUNCTIONAL DECLINE; DOPAMINE RELEASE; CONTROLLED-TRIAL; RATING-SCALE; DEPRESSION; COMPLEMENTARY; MULTICENTER; MONOTHERAPY; MODERATE; THERAPY
Addresses: Wullner U (reprint author), Univ Hosp Bonn, Dept Neurol, Sigmund Freud Str 25, Bonn, D-53105 Germany
Univ Bonn, Dept Neurol, Bonn, D-5300 Germany
Med Soc Qigong Yangsheng, Bonn, Germany
Univ Bonn, Inst Med Biometr Informat & Epidemiol, Bonn, D-5300 Germany
Publisher: WILEY-LISS, DIV JOHN WILEY & SONS INC, 111 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030 USA
Subject Category: CLINICAL NEUROLOGY
IDS Number: 036UV

Title: Effects of Qi-therapy (external Qigong) on cardiac autonomic tone: A randomized placebo controlled study
Author(s): Lee MS, Kim MK, Lee YH
Source: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF NEUROSCIENCE 115 (9): 1345-1350 SEP 2005
Cited References: 9 Times Cited: 0
Abstract: Heart-rate variability (HRV) was compared in 40 subjects receiving external Qi-therapy (QT) or placebo control therapy, in a randomized placebo controlled design experiment, There were significant time, and group x lime interactions suggest that QT reduced the HR and increased HRV as indicated by a reduced LF/HF power ratio of HRV. These findings suggest that QT stabilizes the sympathovagal function more than placebo therapy.
Author Keywords: heart-rate variability; Qigong; Qi-therapy
KeyWords Plus: EFFICACY
Addresses: Lee MS (reprint author), Wonkwang Univ, Inst Med Sci, Ctr Integrat Med, Iksan, South Korea
Wonkwang Univ, Inst Med Sci, Ctr Integrat Med, Iksan, South Korea
Kusan Natl Univ, Grad Sch, Dept Phys Educ & Tricol, Kusan, South Korea
Yonsei Univ, Inst Med Engn, Wonju, South Korea
Publisher: TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD, 4 PARK SQUARE, MILTON PARK, ABINGDON OX14 4RN, OXON, ENGLAND
Subject Category: NEUROSCIENCES
IDS Number: 955YZ

Holy geebuz! I guess we all want to validate what we ourselves are not comfortable acknowledging.

And BTW: Repacking subtle energy as "paranormal energy" is well, repackaging. And it appears this is done for the sake of the hard sell.

Drew,

You've mentioned your book several times but not let us in on where to buy it? I'm curious about that.

Oh when I first mentioned my book I stated it was available for full free preview -- you can download it as a compressed file at the top of my blog Natural Resonance Revolution

I'm still updating the research but that version is more or less the final version. I've since done quite a bit of editing.

If you need software to download compressed files a good free one is "justzipit."

I'm into "free" information exchange. haha.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Holy geebuz! I guess we all want to validate what we ourselves are not comfortable acknowledging.

And BTW: Repacking subtle energy as "paranormal energy" is well, repackaging. And it appears this is done for the sake of the hard sell.

Subtle energy or the great flying spaghetti monster? haha.

Wikimedia Error

Yeah I just sit in full lotus, "flex" my pineal gland, enjoy the magnetic bliss, and then post research about it online. haha.

I'm casting out into the "para" forum.

Oh yeah and the whole Woo-woo bit this week was classic. I agree that the New Age scene is full of woo-woo tarot cards and woo woo astrology and woo woo alien abductions and woo woo channeling. On the other hand Andrija Puharich with his CIA hypnosis alien electrode implant channeling is another matter that I discuss in my book.

Oh when I first mentioned my book I stated it was available for full free preview -- you can download it as a compressed file at the top of my blog Natural Resonance Revolution

I think that offering the book for free is a good idea, mainly because I'm not too sure there are too many readers of the material that would be 100% on board with the research. It would be critical to document exactly how you detect and measure this energy beyond feeling "magnetic bliss." In other words if you don't have a meter (gauss meter, electrostatic meter, etc....) that would specifically measure this kind of energy, then you would need to get the energy to affect the environment in some way, and thereby measure it in the way it interacts with the surrounding environ. If you can't do these two very basic steps; detection/measurement, then you're back to squire one regarding scientific evidence of this energy.

As far as miracle healing and all that; proving that healing is a direct result of applied treatment, whether it's through a biomedical technique such as a pill, or holistic technique, such as aromatherapy or such, it's very difficult to show that the technique directly lead to the healing itself. Here's an example; say you have two people with identical broken arms. The arms are set by the doctor, then on patient is given aroma therapy "shown" to promote the healing of bone tissue. The other patient (we'll call him the control group) is not given the therapy. Now let's say the patient given the therapy does, indeed, heal up to a day faster. Does this mean, by correlation, that the aroma therapy worked? No, not until you take in all the other factors and variables. Maybe patient one rested well every day, where patient two went back to work prematurely,and jarred the arm more frequently leading to a slower healing process. Perhaps patient 1's diet was healthier, too, and led to faster recovery time where patient 2 ate McDonalds, only, every day. Perhaps patient 1 is younger, or healthier, or has a faster metabolism than patient 2?? In the grand majority of such practices that you're discussing, direct correlation regarding a holistic healing faculty has never been shown based on scientific standards. Do you think, perhaps your research into qigong is just such a faculty?

I think that offering the book for free is a good idea, mainly because I'm not too sure there are too many readers of the material that would be 100% on board with the research. It would be critical to document exactly how you detect and measure this energy beyond feeling "magnetic bliss." In other words if you don't have a meter (gauss meter, electrostatic meter, etc....) that would specifically measure this kind of energy, then you would need to get the energy to affect the environment in some way, and thereby measure it in the way it interacts with the surrounding environ. If you can't do these two very basic steps; detection/measurement, then you're back to squire one regarding scientific evidence of this energy.

As far as miracle healing and all that; proving that healing is a direct result of applied treatment, whether it's through a biomedical technique such as a pill, or holistic technique, such as aromatherapy or such, it's very difficult to show that the technique directly lead to the healing itself. Here's an example; say you have two people with identical broken arms. The arms are set by the doctor, then on patient is given aroma therapy "shown" to promote the healing of bone tissue. The other patient (we'll call him the control group) is not given the therapy. Now let's say the patient given the therapy does, indeed, heal up to a day faster. Does this mean, by correlation, that the aroma therapy worked? No, not until you take in all the other factors and variables. Maybe patient one rested well every day, where patient two went back to work prematurely,and jarred the arm more frequently leading to a slower healing process. Perhaps patient 1's diet was healthier, too, and led to faster recovery time where patient 2 ate McDonalds, only, every day. Perhaps patient 1 is younger, or healthier, or has a faster metabolism than patient 2?? In the grand majority of such practices that you're discussing, direct correlation regarding a holistic healing faculty has never been shown based on scientific standards. Do you think, perhaps your research into qigong is just such a faculty?

Yeah my book is now over 650 pages with probably 700 scholarly references. haha. The book I have available for free download has 670 scholarly references as footnotes.

As for the qigong medical research -- I agree that the source or causation of qi energy ultimately remains a mystery. This is what I call "logical inference" as described in the philosophy of "advaita" or nondualism from India. It's also the Socratic Method -- the source of the I-thought -- but the difference is that the process of focusing on the source of the I-thought is never-ending and guided by the model of complementary opposites. So it's a Pythagorean model but not in the sense that Pythagoras is taught about today -- there was a deep cover-up of the true Pythagorean teachings.

In terms of empirical research, as I said, there have been hundreds of qigong studies in China and many of them relying on sophisticated diagnostic tools -- The Challenge and Promise of Scientific Qigong Research That link for example gives the "gamma ray" research and here's more details http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_16_3_yan.pdf but as I stated what "qi" is ultimately remains a mysterious -- more specifically, as I discuss in my book, it's defined by the Time-Frequency Uncertainty Principle from quantum mechanics. The Time-Frequency Uncertainty Principle is logically and causally before the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle -- the Time-Frequency Uncertainty Principle was discovered by Dennis Gabor, the inventor of the holograph. The basic principle is that the shorter the time domain the greater the frequency domain so that something at a very short time is actually "broadband" and covers the whole energy frequency spectrum -- with the emphasis that in quantum physics energy intensity is measured by frequency not amplitude. O.K. but that's still Western science since quantum mechanics relies on converting the infinite potential back into classic symmetric mathematics using the Poisson Bracket....

Anyway as for the Miracle Healing and how much can be separated from all the other factors -- I posted a video title as the MicroCosmic Orbit teaching -- it was actually a local news story that does give a very dramatic example from a Mayo Clinic patient.

Here is that same patient giving her testimony

So you can consider that the "Black Swan" example.

"I have what they call aviliar protinosis. Its a rare lung disease. What happens is protein builds up in the air sacks in your lungs. I was diagnosed with this disease 22 years ago and went on oxygen 24 hours a day. The doctors told me the only way I was ever going to get off oxygen was to have a lung transplant. I have not had a lung transplant and yet I am no longer on oxygen. I havent needed oxygen since March of 1993. The reason is that I met Chunyi Lin."

There are others of course. If a person really wants to investigate whether paranormal energy is real then they need to find a real energy master. These real energy masters are rare but from my own personal experience I can assure you that qigong teacher professor Chunyi Lin is the real deal (again as corroborated by the Mayo Clinic) and he did train Jim Nance to also be a real qigong professor teacher....

Here's that local news story again....

But as I linked to the testimonials -- there's probably a dozen people who had dramatic reversals -- dramatic healings -- from getting the qigong transmissions. People have been healed of late-term cancer, M.S., Parkinsons, paralysis, even HIV positive, Coma, etc.

That above news story also includes "miracle healing" of bleeding on the brain stem and also migraine headaches....and the other testimonials are on youtube or on the SFQ website Spring Forest Qigong

M.S.? Oh really? You know, I'm good until someone hits my button. And magic healing power bullshit is just about the biggest button I have. As someone who has seen the incredible suffering of M.S. patients first hand and the misery it causes their families I bristle at claims that some alternative medicine does anything whatsoever for M.S. Quite often, people with M.S. are so incredibly desperate they will try almost anything at some point. I've seen it first hand, acupuncture, bee stings, crystals, wild diets, etc., etc., etc. Invoking M.S. patients, real or imagined, in the promotion of this magic healing power B.S. is too much for me. Have you people no shame, common sense, or empathy? Get out of here with your snake-oil.

M.S.? Oh really? You know, I'm good until someone hits my button. And magic healing power bullshit is just about the biggest button I have. As someone who has seen the incredible suffering of M.S. patients first hand and the misery it causes their families I bristle at claims that some alternative medicine does anything whatsoever for M.S. Quite often, people with M.S. are so incredibly desperate they will try almost anything at some point. I've seen in first hand, acupuncture, bee stings, crystals, wild diets, etc., etc., etc. Invoking M.S. patients, real or imagined, in the promotion of this magic healing power B.S. is too much for me. Have you people no shame, common sense, or empathy?

Master OH? or Master O? Hmm I wonder who that is. (Oh it's Master Ou -- pronounced "oh") http://www.qiwithoutborders.org/PGSGbrochure.pdf I just googled M.s. spring forest qigong testimonial youtube but I got this qigong testimony of someone healed of M.S. from a different "master" Pan Gu Shengong -- a simple and efficient Qigong exercise

Oh wait here's the Spring Forest Qigong M.S. testimonial

Here's another M.S. qigong testimonial that's new to me:

Master OH? or Master O? Hmm I wonder who that is. (Oh it's Master Ou -- pronounced "oh")

Go right ahead and make light of my comment you insensitive sack. You are a snake oil salesman and your magic healing power is as a complete work of fiction as Peter Popoff's or any other healer. If you think for one minute that youTube testimonies do anything to support your contention that this bullshit works you are extremely deluded. Go sell you Chinese folk superstition somewhere else.

To be honest with you Drew, I am usually in TrainedObservers corner. I am extremely skeptical of any type of healing or therapy that has any whiff of New Age to it. And not many things piss me off worse than taking advantage of desperate, sick people with made up mumbo-jumbo.
And you have to admit there are MANY of those hucksters out there.

To be fair I am going to look through all the info you have provided, and do some research on my own. I do know there are therapeutic values to exercises like Tai Chi as far as movement and muscle tone, but I've never really been able to "feel" any energies move through me like my Tai Chi instructor wanted me too.
If, and I mean IF I don't see too much hokum, I'll give this stuff a try.

I do want to thank you for the info, whether it turns out to be good or bad. Either way I'll know more than I did.

Qigong is a dangerous mixture of superstition and pseudoscience.

Sima Nan: Fighting Qigong Pseudoscience in China

Sima Nan is well-covered in Professor David Palmer's book Qigong Fever that I had referenced previously.

Here's a great documentary exposing the torture of qigong practitioners in China -- Falun Gong members are being used for live organ transplants -- having their organs removed.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

To be honest with you Drew, I am usually in TrainedObservers corner. I am extremely skeptical of any type of healing or therapy that has any whiff of New Age to it. And not many things piss me off worse than taking advantage of desperate, sick people with made up mumbo-jumbo.
And you have to admit there are MANY of those hucksters out there.

To be fair I am going to look through all the info you have provided, and do some research on my own. I do know there are therapeutic values to exercises like Tai Chi as far as movement and muscle tone, but I've never really been able to "feel" any energies move through me like my Tai Chi instructor wanted me too.
If, and I mean IF I don't see too much hokum, I'll give this stuff a try.

I do want to thank you for the info, whether it turns out to be good or bad. Either way I'll know more than I did.

Yeah if you listen to the Ken Cohen podcast link I posted he talks about how qigong is different than Tai Chi. Again a real qigong master is just too amazing to even conceptualize and they are very rare. So if you really want to find out you can always get a phone healing or take a class from Chunyi Lin and Jim Nance.

So Tai Chi actually uses different terminology -- the chi energy is described as "jing" energy in Tai Chi because to develop the electromagnetic fields you have to "pack the chi" in the lower tan tien -- 2 inches below and behind the navel. Actually what this means is using the electromagnetic energy or chi energy of the brain to ionize the electrochemical life force hormones.

When this process is built up enough then there is a kundalini awakening -- only in qigong the energy is brought down from the brain along the front of the body. This is the "small universe" practice that is also found in Kriya Yoga in India and it's the same with the "enegy circulation" practice of Gurdjieff.

So the qigong energy is built up like a nonlinear harmonic oscillator only again the secret is that it's complementary opposites -- asymmetric -- an open system -- as Heraclitus said about the river. haha. The energy is always flowing but if we resonate with it then we can naturally build it up.

So right now is the third day after the full moon which means the energy is 10 times stronger than normal -- just as in Western science the dynamic of the Moon-Sun-Earth is chaotic so it can't be modeled by reductionist logic. So the magnetic bliss is overwhelming strong right now -- it actually pulls the body up so that the spine is straight and that way the energy is better received.

The first qigong master I saw was Effie P. Chow -- and she has an excellent book Miracle Healing from China Amazon.com: Miracle Healing from China-Qigong (9780963697950): Charles McGee, Effie Poy Yew Chow: Books

She blew the fuses in the room behind us when she did her presentation at St. Kate's University in Minneapolis -- that was in 1995. Here's some amazing healing vids from Effie P. Chow:

Natural Resonance Revolution: Tone Color Alchemy Mind-Meld: Effie Chow's UnDivided Time!

She also describes in her book how female qigong masters are discriminated against in China -- so it is a complicated situation regarding qigong in China....

Another great book is Paul Dong's -- he has two books.

drew hempel;120198..... "jing" energy in Tai Chi because to develop the electromagnetic fields you have to "pack the chi" in the lower tan tien --.........Actually what this means is using the electromagnetic energy or chi energy of the brain to ionize the electrochemical life force hormones. ....... kundalini awakening -- So the qigong energy is built up like a nonlinear harmonic oscillator only again the secret is that it's complementary opposites -- asymmetric -- an open system -- as Heraclitus said about the river. haha. The energy is always flowing but if we resonate with it then we can naturally build it up.................................So right now is the third day after the full moon which means the energy is 10 times stronger than normal............. So the magnetic bliss is overwhelming strong right now -- ..............................[/QUOTE said:
Statements like the above do not exactly encourage me here Drew. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but "full moons", "kundalini" and "nonlinear harmonic oscillations"?????

How about if you move a certain way, or stretch a certain spot, it increases blood flow and makes you feel better? See, that sounds logical. The whole energy thing and moving through the body?
I've got to see or experience something pretty damn impressive to overcome my doubts.

I'll keep looking this stuff over, but what I've seen thus far.....well.......

And one other thing.....anecdotal testimony is practically worthless. You can pay people to get in front of a camera and say "Pig shit is the best thing I've ever eaten!"......so I don't buy testimonies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back