• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

External Qi Energy transmission proven by Mayo Clinic -- and its ancient lineage

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew hempel

Skilled Investigator
O.K. so first of all I want to thank Gene for allowing me back onto the forum here and I'd also like to thank Chris. Gene mentioned me a few shows back in regards to him allowing me back on the forum. Gene told me to "be good" when he allowed me back on the forums. I hope the below meets those standards.

Last fall there was a new study done by doctors from one of the top rated hospitals in the world -- the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. The study proved the existence and the efficacy of external qi (paranormal energy) healing transmission. Here's the description from the website of the qigong masters who did this transmission healing:

Spring Forest Qigong Medical Research

External Qigong for Chronic Pain,
Results from a peer-reviewed, randomized, controlled, clinical study
Ann Vincent, Brent A. Bauer, et al Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Jamia Hill, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Objective:
"Chronic pain is highly prevalent in the general population. Adequate clinical management of chronic pain is an ongoing challenge and a purely pharmaceutical approach has proven inadequate. We investigated the efficacy of external qigong [Spring Forest Qigong technique] as an adjunctive treatment for chronic pain."

Conclusions:
"Subjects with chronic pain who received external qigong experienced reduction in pain intensity following each qigong treatment. This is especially impressive given the long duration of pain (>5 years) in the most of the participants," writes lead author Ann Vincent, MD, MBBS, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota.

The "External Qigong for Chronic Pain" study* by researchers from the University of Minnesota and the Mayo Clinic is published in the American Journal of Chinese Medicine, Vol. 38, No. 4, 695-703. Read the study abstract on the AJCM website.
© 2010 World Scientific Publishing Company

O.K. I want to emphasize the implications of this study. This is ground-breaking official proof of something that undermines the very foundation of science -- it challenges something very radical about science -- unless you accept some of the more radical interpretations of quantum mechanics and consciousness. But even then the implications about qi are very radical in regards to science and "rational" reality.

I finished my U of MN masters degree by studying qigong with the above qigong master who was the subject of the above study -- Chunyi Lin.
I've actually written a 600 page book with 670 scholarly footnote references about the radical implications of this paranormal reality -- a book that people can download for free at my blog -- it's a preview version of the book that I'm currently still updating -- but anyway Natural Resonance Revolution if people are curious.

So what was the mainstream science response to this new Mayo Clinic study proving the existence of qi external energy transmission? We can look to skeptic PZ Myers who also is a professor at the University of Minnesota (the Morris campus in a rural town)....I blogged on Myers' reaction to the Mayo clinic study which was mentioned in a local news report on Minnesota: Natural Resonance Revolution: Third Grader as Spring Forest Qigong Healer on the news!! Mayo Clinic Proves PZ Myers wrong about qigong!! Chunyi Lin on the news

Third-Grader Heals Friends with Qigong

O.K. so as I stated in my blog post it does seem impossible to believe that a third grader could also do the qi transmissions for paranormal healing but I noticed in the Spring Forest Qigong newsletter a photo of this same kid sitting in full lotus -- an advanced yoga position. I actually also practice this full lotus yoga position - crossing the legs and putting the ankles up on the opposite legs. I also trained in external qi transmission healing.

O.K. so now for the ancient lineage -- I traced this back to the "original people" -- the Bushmen Khoisan people of Africa. The trance dance healing ritual of the Bushmen has the same experiences and training as the qigong (energy work) yoga training of China. So there has to be a "boiling" heat in the stomach -- called N/om energy by the Bushmen -- or N/um. It's called "jing" in the qigong tradition -- it's what I call "electrochemical energy" -- it's also called Kundalini or Tummo. It shoots up the back and then it turns into electrical energy that is transmitted out of the eyes -- this is called !Kia by the Bushmen. This can be electromagnetic as qi or laser light holographic energy called "shen" in qigong or "shakti" in India, etc.

So the qigong tradition goes back to tens of thousands of years ago -- probably 100,000 years ago!! This lineage blows away the "ancient alien" e.t. disinfo -- the Stargate Conspiracy b.s. that is always promoted on coasttocoastam -- the stargate conspiracy that was exposed by Lynn Picknett and Clive Prince. Here's a recent podcast they did on the Stargate Conspiracy Inception Radio Network With Jamie Havican

Anyway my own research has focused on the commonality to this lineage of paranormal energy training found all over the world -- the common underlying factors. It's what I discovered to be the concept of complementary opposites -- or asymmetry. I contend this is the structural explanation behind the "trickster" phenomenon that Chris O'Brien relies on. I was actually corresponding with George Hansen back around 2000 about his Trickster and the Paranormal book....

Actually non-western music has the secret to this complementary opposite model -- and it's been rediscovered as sonofusion in Western science. So my book goes into that in great detail. But suffice it to say paranormal energy has been proven and if anyone wants to experience it then can just take a class or get a phone transmission from qigong master Chunyi Lin -- he does "group" telephone transmissions through his website. Again unbelievable I know but again consider the Mayo Clinic study and also consider that unless you experience the qigong transmission then it's impossible to conceptualize. It feels like a laser that creates a blissful heat in the body and also creates visions of light.

The John Chang video online is a great example of a qigong master in action.

Ancient Chinese Secret? Yep.

I, myself, am "independent" -- no financial ties to any of this. I have been doing independent research since finishing my masters degree in 2000. I have even tested the qigong training against entheogens or psychedelics, as I describe in my book in detail. I can "flex" my pineal gland at will -- and I have a permanent magnetic bliss in the center of my brain. In other words my research wasn't just intellectual. I permanently transformed my body-mind state but I did this based on getting energy transmissions from qigong master Chunyi Lin.

As Chunyi Lin says the history of qigong in China goes back thousands of years. As I've stated it goes back to the Bushmen Khoisan in Africa. You can listen to an excellent interview with a Western psychology professor who had a kundalini transformation and now focuses on doing healing with the Bushmen Khoisan. What he says is very close to my own research -- and he also used to be a professor in Minnesota.

http://arewelistening.net/podcasts/BradfordKeeney_2010_9_28.mp3

What I'm saying though, in great detail, is that there's a specific process in the energy training -- that anyone can do. The process is explained by non-western music theory using complementary opposites.

The exercises are this:

1) simple -- very simple -- standing active exericises (like Tai Chi but more simple).

2) an exercise called the "small universe" or "microcosmic orbit" (also found similarly in other lineages under other names). You can get a c.d. to practice this -- but it's the 12 notes of the music scale applied to the body and mind for transformation. So you "practice" the scale -- just like in music practice -- you practice the scale over and over but each time you play the scale there is a nonlinear transformation of the body-mind condition.

3) The advanced practice is also the simplest -- sitting in full lotus. The body fills with electromagnetic fields and this creates light healing energy which enables telepathy, telekinesis, astral travel, precognition, and healing transmission energy.

All the best,

drew

" ...and I have a permanent magnetic bliss in the center of my brain."

That phrase is worth the price of admission right there.

I'm not trying to be rude but haven't the recent events in the paranormal field taught us anything? My BS detector is going off the scale!

I'm not trying to be rude but haven't the recent events in the paranormal field taught us anything? My BS detector is going off the scale!

What? Are you trying to tell me that fellow does not have "a permanent magnetic bliss" in the center of his brain? I'm flabbergasted.

What? Are you trying to tell me that fellow does not have "a permanent magnetic bliss" in the center of his brain? I'm flabbergasted.
Lol... sorry, the magnetic bliss probably messed with my built in BS meter :-P my mistake... Err hang on....my meters working fine :)

Anytime something like this comes up, I say:

[h=3]
the_economic_argument.png
[/h]

The price is free my friend. Again I make no money off my claims.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Again you can take it up with one of the top hospitals in the world. The Mayo Clinic is famous for being the destination of choice for the world's ruling elite. It's in no way woo-woo. So a b.s. meter doesn't apply to the Mayo Clinic. If the principles of external qi transmission have been proven then the effects based on those principles are just part of a continuum of results. Anyone can experience these effects by training with the principles of complementary opposite resonance.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Well providing visuals does provide the necessary learning handicaps for those with "special needs" but if you were perceptive about what I wrote you'd notice I emphasized that the secret is complementary opposites based on asymmetry. Western science is based on symmetry. Again my book goes into great detail. But that's the Trickster Effect. You can also call it a "macro Heisenberg Effect" but technically quantum mechanics is the opposite extreme of non-Western music as a model for paranormal reality.

In other words quantum mechanics and relativity meet paranormal reality dialectically as opposite extremes -- there is a synthesis through what's called in dialectics "determinate reflection" via that which can not be visualized nor measured but can be logically inferred.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Lol... sorry, the magnetic bliss probably messed with my built in BS meter :-P my mistake... Err hang on....my meters working fine :)

http://www.springforestqigong.com/testimonials.htm

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Qigong master Chunyi Lin is

coauthor with Dr. Nisha Manek of the Mayo Clinic of a chapter on qigong in the recently-released Textbook of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2nd Edition.

To give you an idea of the training -- consider this from Qigong - Master Zhang From the heartland of the dragon

Today, I cherish the mo*ments when Yuanming Zhang is in a par*ticularly buoyant mood, and lets his audi*ence glimpse his training at the Swallow Cliff Cave: the ritual 49-day purification fasts, feasting on the. lights of the moon and the stars, and sleep that was turned into active meditation by balancing on a bamboo pole.

That means sitting in full lotus in a cave non-stop the whole 49 days -- taking no water, no food and no sleep the whole time. That's the type of training that qigong master Chunyi Lin did also. So if you want to see if someone is a real energy master just see how long they can sit in full lotus in ease. You can't fake the full lotus!

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Are you trying to sell something?
I don't get it.

I just sit in full lotus and reply to the comments. haha. Pretty simple yet very effective.

Again there's a magnetic bliss in my brain. I'm also "flexing" my pineal gland and shooting out healing electromagnetic energy. As I do this my vagus nerve and carotid artery pulsate -- you can see my neck pulsating -- this is all done in full lotus yoga position at the computer.

Qigong in action. Ancient Chinese Secrets.

That means sitting in full lotus in a cave non-stop the whole 49 days -- taking no water, no food and no sleep the whole time. That's the type of training that qigong master Chunyi Lin did also. So if you want to see if someone is a real energy master just see how long they can sit in full lotus in ease. You can't fake the full lotus!

That means you die. Statements like this do not help your cause.

From here
( the "fine print" bottom of the page) I don't really have to say anymore
"*The research findings should not be construed as an endorsement of external qigong or Spring Forest Qigong by the University of Minnesota or the Mayo Clinic. The Mayo Clinic does not make such endorsements."

Again you can take it up with one of the top hospitals in the world. The Mayo Clinic is famous for being the destination of choice for the world's ruling elite. It's in no way woo-woo. So a b.s. meter doesn't apply to the Mayo Clinic. If the principles of external qi transmission have been proven then the effects based on those principles are just part of a continuum of results. Anyone can experience these effects by training with the principles of complementary opposite resonance.

Physicians at Mayo Clinic TWICE misdiagnosed me. Once in 1973 and once in 1999. Both times I had a broken neck. It wasn't until I was about to be released each time that they found the fractures. A good friend of mines husband was a Doctor at Mayo and was also misdiagnosed for an illness and he died as a result. They paid off his wife with 22 million dollars to keep her mouth shut and to stay out of the court system. Mayo Clinic is a great place but they are not infallible. I drop my girlfriend off and pick her up there 5 times a week. Here is a recent shot I took while waiting for her.

Attachments

• mayoclinic.jpg
    mayoclinic.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 30
Physicians at Mayo Clinic TWICE misdiagnosed me. Once in 1973 and once in 1999. Both times I had a broken neck. It wasn't until I was about to be released each time that they found the fractures. A good friend of mines husband was a Doctor at Mayo and was also misdiagnosed for an illness and he died as a result. They paid off his wife with 22 million dollars to keep her mouth shut and to stay out of the court system. Mayo Clinic is a great place but they are not infallible. I drop my girlfriend off and pick her up there 5 times a week. Here is a recent shot I took while waiting for her.

Nice picture - it look ominous.

That means you die. Statements like this do not help your cause.

Well I personally went 8 days on half a glass of water. It's called "bigu" in qigong. Here's the research links on bigu:

National Conference on Bigu -- 500 scientists attended:

Whole Person Healing - BiGu National Conference

Scientific Conference on 'Bigu' Phenomenon Held at Penn State - U.S. Newswire | HighBeam Research

The Bigu phenomenon An introduction Dr Rustum Roy - Free Download from 4shared - FilesTube.com

Peer-reviewed science journal published research on bigu:
Studies on the Fundamental Theory of Bigu (Food Abstinence)—Preliminary Experimental Observations of Cellular Bigu

Studies on the Fundamental Theory of Bigu (Food Abstinence)—Preliminary Experimental Observations of Cellular Bigu

Homeostasis Is Maintained in Yan Xin Life Science Technology-Optimized Caloric Restriction: Physiological and Biochemical Studies | DeepDyve

Absorption of Gamma Radiation as a Possible Mechanismfor Bigu: Theory and Data | DeepDyve

http://www.rustumroy.com/Scans/285.pdf

Bigu works through the vagus nerve connection to the stomach:

Pod Cuisine Vagus Nerve

The Gut Is Said to Have A Mind of Its Own

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

From here
( the "fine print" bottom of the page) I don't really have to say anymore
"*The research findings should not be construed as an endorsement of external qigong or Spring Forest Qigong by the University of Minnesota or the Mayo Clinic. The Mayo Clinic does not make such endorsements."

Right it was a science study -- not an advertisement. haha.

I totally agree with you -- "silence is golden." Still this is a forum for discussion so feel free to make further comments and questions.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Then there was the whole Dakota War deal with Mayo stealing the bodies of the executed Dakota. I discuss the Dakota War in great detail in my book, although I don't mention the Mayo Clinic creepy connection.

Nice picture - it look ominous.

I have been approached dozens of times over the years by mayo security while taking photos. I cant get more than a hundred feet into mayo with a camera and they are on me. I have also been threatened with law suits by mayo lawyers a few times for selling mayo images transferred to t shirts and sweatshirts, I was threatened with a law suit for purchasing mayoclinicstore.com and mayoclinicstore.org, I realized that was not legal so I gave the urls to them. Mayo basically controls Rochester.

btw- you can take Qigong classes here in Rochester. I remain open minded about this discipline, but never take Mayo's word as the final word on anything.

I have been approached dozens of times over the years by mayo security while taking photos. I cant get more than a hundred feet into mayo with a camera and they are on me. I have also been threatened with law suits by mayo lawyers a few times for selling mayo images transferred to t shirts and sweatshirts, I was threatened with a law suit for purchasing mayoclinicstore.com and mayoclinicstore.org, I realized that was not legal so I gave the urls to them. Mayo basically controls Rochester.

btw- you can take Qigong classes here in Rochester. I remain open minded about this discipline, but never take Mayo's word as the final word on anything.

Yeah I'm glad you remain open-minded. The reason there are not more "qigong masters" around is because the advanced training requires long periods of celibacy. It's called a "gong" meaning work -- but it really means 100 days of no emissions (including nocturnal) along with the mind being completely focused or concentration on meditation. A good website with further details is Meditation techniques and guided lessons that teach you how to meditate -- there's lots of free articles on it. Also the younger you start training the easier it is since a younger person has more "jing" energy which is the stored up life force energy. Finally since it's based on celibacy it's also considered shameful to discuss the details in public -- which is part of the reason that the advanced training remains a secret training.

Still though it's stated that even 10 minutes of practice a day can make a great difference, similarly to the yoga craze that kicked in about 5 years ago in the U.S.

Qigong masters though focus on the "shen" or holographic laser transmission whereas Tai Chi masters focus on the chi or electromagnetic force transmission. The "shen" transmission is an advanced astral travel energy.

A great book with the advanced esoteric details is called "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" translated by Charles Luk -- it is focused on the celibacy training as well. The full book is available for free download here Lu Kuan Yu Taoist Yoga Alchemy and Immortality - Free Download from mediafire - FilesTube.com

I've always been a fan of Tai Chi and have read The Classics and whatnot and even practiced it briefly. But honestly, Quigong and Tai Chi are more of a Chinese superstition than anything else. There is no scientific basis for Chi or Shen that I am aware of and other than that one dubious video, I have only heard second and third hand stories of these fantastic demonstrations of the masters.

Dropping the name of the Mayo Clinic was an appeal to authority kind of thing. A bit like ImBRAGno throwing MIT into the mix. It is an attempt to leech credibility from the institution and lend it to their argument.

I've always been a fan of Tai Chi and have read The Classics and whatnot and even practiced it briefly. But honestly, Quigong and Tai Chi are more of a Chinese superstition than anything else. There is no scientific basis for Chi or Shen that I am aware of and other than that one dubious video, I have only heard second and third hand stories of these fantastic demonstrations of the masters.

Dropping the name of the Mayo Clinic was an appeal to authority kind of thing. A bit like ImBRAGno throwing MIT into the mix. It is an attempt to leech credibility from the institution and lend it to their argument.

haha. I'm not even going to mention Imbragno with his fake academic credentials. haha.

What you're saying is important but the Mayo Clinic study is a real Western scientific study. There are hundreds of qigong studies in China but most of them fail the "randomized controlled" standards of Western science. Obviously imprimatur is important in science studies -- there are academic ratings for Universities -- Minnesota is vying to be a top research institution, for example. The Mayo Clinic is officially rated as one of the top hospitals. Mayo Clinic - US News Best Hospitals So that is a real fact.

It's kind of like if I mention I have a masters degree when I write an article then the editor might reply (as has happened) -- it sounds pretentious if you mention you have a masters degree. While it may be true that it sounds pretentious on the other hand I may mention it just to get people riled up for effect. haha. Because, unlike Imbrogno, I do actually have a masters degree. So factually there is nothing wrong with me mentioning it, despite the fact the some people will be turned off by it.

From a standard martial arts perspective it is common to consider "qi" energy to be a superstitious folklore in comparison to real martial arts training. Actually the opposite is the truth. Certainly there are fake qigong masters and there are dozens of fake videos online of martial arts masters pretending to be qigong masters and then their students run at them and fly backwards before hitting them -- that's just a sort of cult mind control hypnosis. For example if a person is afraid they'll get beat up by their "master" then they probably would not want to get physically close to the master if the master does not want them to.

Again, actually, in contrast to the common belief that qi energy is fake, if a person really does train seriously in martial arts then they will experience "the zone" but in a more advanced state -- they will begin to open the third eye. For example qigong master Chunyi Lin did train one student to become a qigong master as well -- Jim Nance. He had been a black belt martial artist in the 1960s in the U.S. -- he's a big African-American who went on to be a professional basketball player. Anyway when he was a black belt he would win every fight because he said the fight would go into slow motion and he would know the person's moves before they did them -- so he was always faster. But when he won he would always be sobbing afterwards and this is because even though he won the fight he was also feeling the emotions of the person he was fighting.

So the more pain he caused the other person the more he felt it himself -- this is why it's taught in qigong that if a person has negative intentions then any energy they develop will actually resonate back at them twice as hard. Qigong master Yan Xin is the most famous qigong master in China -- when Yan Xin visited the U.S. George Bush Sr. had Yan Xin visit the White House 8 times so George Bush Sr. could get healing treatments and then Bush Sr. declared Yan Xin the world's greatest living sage.

So here's a Yan Xin medical study done through Harvard -- another "external qi" study proving the reality of "external qi transmission" energy and its efficacy -- published in a Western science peer reviewed journal: http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/25705370/1826568175/name/QigongCancerI.pdf

Long-term clinical observations and ongoing studies have shown significant antitumor effect of external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong
which originated from traditional Chinese medicine. In order to understand the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying the
antitumor effect of external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong, we have examined its cytotoxic effect on BxPC3 pancreatic cancer cells and its
effect on the Akt and extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathways. We found that external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong dramatically
inhibited basal phosphorylation levels of Akt and extracellular signal-regulated kinases, epidermal growth factor-mediated phosphorylation
of extracellular signal-regulated kinases, and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity. External Qi of Yan Xin Qigong also
inhibited constitutive and inducible activities of nuclear factor-kappa B, a target of the Akt and epidermal growth factor receptor
pathways. Furthermore, a single 5 min exposure of BxPC3 cells to external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong induced apoptosis, accompanied
by a dramatic increase of the sub-G1 cell population,DNAfragmentation, and cleavage of caspases 3, 8 and 9, and poly(ADP-ribose)
polymerase. Prolonged treatment with external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong caused rapid lysis of BxPC3 cells. In contrast, treatment of
fibroblasts with external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong induced transient activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases and Akt, and
caused no cytotoxic effect. These findings suggest that external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong may differentially regulate these survival
pathways in cancer versus normal cells and exert cytotoxic effects preferentially on cancer cells, and that it could potentially be a
valuable approach for therapy of pancreatic carcinomas.

I know more name dropping for prestige effect. haha. Anyway Yan Xin emphasizes that in Taoism "te" as in Tao Te Ching -- "te" means virtue and virtue is actually the most important factor for develping qi energy. So the problem is that modern man is too materialistic and materialism causes attachment to the lower emotions, as they're called in Buddhism.

As you probably know the emotions are linked to the main organs of the body -- so emotion is more complicated in non-western cultures. It's an electrochemical blockage -- too much alcohol causes a liver blockage which causes anger -- too much caffeine is a kidney blockage which causes fear -- too much smoke is a lung blockage which causes sadness -- too much sugar is a pancreas blockage which causes worry.

When people fight it is due to an emotional blockage -- they're anger or afraid, etc. Whereas qigong has to first sublimate the kidney fear energy into will power and then sublimate the liver anger energy into wisdom and then sublimate the heart over-excitement energy into the pineal gland electromagnetic third eye energy. So the qi energy requires more mind control then it requires muscle control.

The mind controls the body but the mind is like the hub of a wheel. It's easy to hold a wheel by the hub and then spin the outside of the wheel -- this is what the "small universe" exercise is like in qigong. It's effective and easy. But try spinning the wheel by the hub as you hold it -- it's very difficult and the wheel will wobble. This is just like trying to control the mind on its own.

So the body has to be transformed first and then the mind can be transformed but then the mind has to continue transforming the body and this is where the training is very difficult. Traditionally qigong was taught only after the highest level of martial arts was achieved because a person can not be bothered by attempts from others to control the person's lower emotions.

You can tell if someone has transformed their lower emotional energy by how long they can sit in full lotus yoga position. Qigong master Chunyi Lin says if you want to know if someone is a real master just see how long they can sit in full lotus.

On the other hand in China there has been a suppression of qigong because not only were there fake masters but qigong became dangerous as a mass popular movement through Falun Gong. Professor David Palmer has an excellent book on the scientific studies of qigong and also the sociological implications of qigong in China -- focusing on the "qigong revolution" of the 1980s. Qigong Fever Qigong Fever: Body, Science, and Utopia in China Palmer argues successfully that qigong played the role in China of what Zizek calls a "vanishing mediator" -- in other words qigong helped China Westernize -- modernize -- qigong transformed the mind-body dynamics of the masses -- but then after qigong played its role it was too dangerous for the new materialist focus of China. So then qigong had to be suppressed -- and in fact Falun Gong still undergoes great persecution with mass imprisonment and torture.

So the normal qigong practitioner may not have many "powers" but qigong as a philosophy is a threat to the ruling elite because qigong enables a person to be more self-reliant -- this is why there is a long history in China of mass revolutionary people movements relying on qigong through secret societies and then the imperial government has to repress the qigong practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back