• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dec 5th Show - Ed Komarek

Fun show :)

He should focus on the model he's developed supporting a possible human/ET collaboration. The idea that there are now 2 human civilizations evolving separately since WWII is interesting.

Should ours fail, perhaps the new ET trained/'galactic community friendly' breed will serve as backup ;). (Maybe that's what the plan is, let the old civ quietly fail and prepare it's replacement)

I've got to admit it is compelling and compatible with all the bizarre statements from Von Braun, Eisenhower, and MacArthur : Your next war will be fought in outer space.

If you forget the UFO noise for a moment and concentrate on what the requirements for a viable star system community of sentient beings might be... I think his instincts are pushing him in the right direction.

I'm just listening to the show. Gotta say, this is maybe the first time I feel pity for these self-proclaimed speakers for the human race. But with all these claims and unsubstantiated conjectures I guess they had it coming. Why accept speculations and claims of 50+ alien races that are visiting us when there is definitely a real mystery that we don't know where it originates (IMO)?

Oh, and maybe I should say that as a german, I don't think there is any truth to claims of crashed saucers in the Black Forest and "our" scientists examinig them. I guess, if the Nazis thought that the streamline saucer shape could bring them air superiority, they'll probably have had some scientists look into it. But these things never flew. And antigravity ... well, nice idea for a (probably quite bad) SciFi movie, but I just can*t imagine that to remain hidden for so long. Not buying into that, thank you. ;)

That purported 'Schwarzwald' crash in germany is lore at best. I'll go with 'if you don't have anything nice to say..' on this episode.

That purported 'Schwarzwald' crash in germany is lore at best.
Yup, guess so. Maybe the fact that I've never even heard that one before this show shines some light on that. I guess there would have been stories and legends and stuff I should have heard of even as a child or a teenager (I was always soaking up unusual stories back then). With the way our "beaurokrauts" took notes and made lists of just about everything it's hard to believe that no worthwile documents ever turned up.

Habe davon gehört. ;) But I'm from the Ruhr-Area, so...

With the way our "beaurokrauts" took notes and made lists of just about everything it's hard to believe that no worthwile documents ever turned up.

Either we don't have as many sightings as the countries surrounding us, or our government just hides it better. ;)

Welcome by the the way, another 'Wurst' :)

Why accept speculations and claims of 50+ alien races that are visiting us when there is definitely a real mystery that we don't know where it originates (IMO)?

The second you accept a speculation as truth then you can start a religion lol. I'm not sure anyone here accepts this as truth ;)

You have to see the Komarek proposal as a developing hypothesis (the guy has been reflecting for the last 40 years on the subject, in all its glorious weirdness). As far as he is concerned, it points to a parallel human civilization developing covertly which is IMHO the strong point of his expose. Especially in view of the recent declarations from the US government (nothing to see here) in relation to U.K., France, etc... disclosures.

Its understandable that the fact that there are no immediate quick answers to the phenomenon will cause skin rashes for some... exacerbated by the the realization that solving this is not a priority for the U.S.

The growing canyon between the U.S. and the rest of the world on this subject suggests that this society has been deemed too fragile to address it. Its too close to home and its culture as a whole cannot handle it.

In effect, it doesn't get more condescending than this.

You have to see the Komarek proposal as a developing hypothesis (the guy has been reflecting for the last 40 years on the subject, in all its glorious weirdness).

I think, officially, for the exopolitics movement, that's not a hypothesis anymore..? But then, the opinions on that may differ from one member to the next. I get the feeling that "our" exopoiltics spokesperson in Germany, Robert Fleischer, is more on the sceptical side about the many alien races theory, too. In his presentations he mainly mentions the solid cases and doesn't speculate too much about ETs. I kinda like the guy, he's got guts. I even registered on the german exopolitics site once, because he got me interested, but was quickly scared off by the shere amount of true believers, esoterics, crazies and obvious charlatans.

dyingsun said:
Habe davon gehört. ;) But I'm from the Ruhr-Area, so...
Either we don't have as many sightings as the countries surrounding us, or our government just hides it better. ;)
Welcome by the the way, another 'Wurst' :)

Thanks. :) I guess the Ruhr area is not as cut off as the Westerwald, which is where I come from. News doesn't travel as fast here, but I guess after 70 years we should have heard about an alleged saucer crash in the Black Forest. Well, maybe I just didn't pay attention...*shrug*

We do have lots of sightings. But IMO the fear of being ridiculed is bigger than elsewhere, so I guess the percentage of people not reporting anything should be higher.

About our government hiding secrets better than others ... * thinks about it *...ROFLMAO Good one. :D

So Michel takes the card and examines it, and after a moment returns it to Vallee and with a mischievous smile answers "burn it my son. This is clearly something of the devil."

Wonders what the Vatican basement and storage rooms might hold ;). Probably stuff they couldn't burn, tear, dent... You know, stuff like that memory metal lol

And the exact date of the end of the world, fatima stuff! ;)

Makes you wonder where unusual material would end up in the dark ages. These days we point to places like area 51 or obscure storage areas. Back then it would be expected that any undecipherable item would end up in places such as the Vatican (being the highest authority of the times).

If I was looking for a smoking gun, the vatican would probably be one of my first suspects. 1500 years raises the probability of acquiring a high strangeness item. Would make an awesome Indiana jones flick :). Maybe they fed the third reich with stuff to secure their property during WWII ;)

I like analogies; they help my slow'ish mind to wrap itself around an idea (or whatever). The Hitler and the British (rare to hear an American forget to mention his own country's efforts) prior to the Normandy landings analogy wasn't a bad one at all. Hitler was effectively played in a shell game and guessed the wrong walnut. I wonder if Mr. Komarek has ever considered that "he" is in fact the Hitler in his own analogy (or whatever)?

Another good show. I had started to play the Podcast earlier in the week and thought "Nuh" not my cup of tea. Out of respect for the work that Gene and Chris put into the show, I went back to it a few days later and found it to be far more enjoyable than I had at first expected it to be.

As far as 'badgering' I think Gene was making great efforts to balance his questions and treat Mr. Komarek with the same (healthy) skepticism for similar blanket statements made by guests (Except for Mack Maloney, author of UFOs in Wartime, who used this as his proof unchecked for most of the show). Their "it's on the internet so it must be true" and/or "I can't be bothered to justify that statement, so go to my sources on the internet and see for yourselves," attitude rings my alarm bells (whatever) too.

My only constructive criticism of the hosts is that I thought the first quarter or so of the show bordered on badgering, I was certainly glad to see the conversation take a different tone toward mid-way through. I'm all for getting guests to explain the reasoning behind their statements but I swear this time it seemed a bit over the top to me concerning physical evidence that anyone looking into this for any length of time at all already knows the answer to, namely "There is none." I was more interested in hearing what Ed had to say rather than another rehash of the whole "where's the physical evidence" roundabout.

I have to agree with Trained on this, and also what a few others have said.

Gene, I love the show and it's the ONLY Podcast I listen to, but my issue with this is regarding the Mack Maloney show. Maloney said several times that many of his stories were internet research and his publisher told him if he could find two sources on the same story that was good enough to run with it. Maloney also said (as well as many other guests) that he could not provide any conclusive evidence. I just felt in this show at the beginning you seemed awfully combative, and I found myself asking why.

I'm not sure I understand the whole exopolitics issue, and I'm sure there's good reason to be doubtful of many of the claims, but there is often a nugget of truth buried in stories which either points to the veracity, or proves a lie. I don't think anyone holds a monopoly on evidence in the UFO/Paranormal field mostly because there is none (or very little - depending on who you are talking to), which to me is part of what makes it interesting. I also agree with what Komarek said about evidence, since we are left with little proveable evidence if any, we are left to put "a case" together with witness accounts and some small amounts of trace evidence. The rest disappears (blame the government, or the MIB), so all we are left with for the most part is testimony, which is pretty much good enough for a court of law and at least should be good enough for us to listen to the testimony without continuing to ask why there is no evidence (we all know the various reasons, and that's also based on testimony).

None of this means that Komarek is right in his allegations, but I wanted to hear what he had to say and found it distracting when you pressed the evidence issue repeatedly when other guests seem to have received a free pass for the same issues, and sometimes (if I recall correctly) some of the same cases. I would have to listen to the show again to be sure of cases. Anyway, I enjoyed the show and that's my take on it. I certainly don't mind you or Chris being critical, I just felt in this case it was a bit overzealous.

With respect, Peace...

In like vein to inc0gneato, I thought yo were overly combative in the beginning. My diagnosis is that you are extra-suspicious when it comes to exo-politics. I can only imagine your demeanor during a 9/11 interview (Hint, hint.;))

LOL wwkirk! Now that would be a hell of a show! And actually one I would love to hear! If conspiracies are on the menu that's a doozie... Just like UFO's actually, there's plenty of evidence, mostly circumstantial (since the physical evidence was carted off and sold for scrap, or hasn't been released by the government - Pentagon security tape footage), that something happened that day that does not match what we have been told by the 911 commission...

Back