• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Debate from May 23rd Show Continued...

Free episodes:

I'm not getting into the debate in regards to all of the "physical" elements of this debate, but wanted to state this in regards to Popular Mechanics.

The fact that they are owned by Hearst Corp should say to anyone with an interest in history that it raises a red flag. They are a company that was FOUNDED on "Yellow Journalism" that literally helped start the Spanish-American War in 1898 based on a misleading publication by William Randolph Hearst (Remember the Maine?). This is a company that got it's start pushing the ideas government wants pushed instead of acting like real journalists. I do not know why people source information that comes from them without taking this into consideration. If I posted an article from Infowars, people would be skeptical because it is bias. Well, Popular Mechancis (Hearst Corp) is a BIAS company that has a deep routed history in promoting the angle the government wants in the media. Regardless if their claims are right or wrong, this needs to be taken into consideration and sadly, it is often not.

What videogames are you into, Angel?

I'm not getting into the debate in regards to all of the "physical" elements of this debate, but wanted to state this in regards to Popular Mechanics.

The fact that they are owned by Hearst Corp should say to anyone with an interest in history that it raises a red flag. They are a company that was FOUNDED on "Yellow Journalism" that literally helped start the Spanish-American War in 1898 based on a misleading publication by William Randolph Hearst (Remember the Maine?). This is a company that got it's start pushing the ideas government wants pushed instead of acting like real journalists. I do not know why people source information that comes from them without taking this into consideration. If I posted an article from Infowars, people would be skeptical because it is bias. Well, Popular Mechancis (Hearst Corp) is a BIAS company that has a deep routed history in promoting the angle the government wants in the media. Regardless if their claims are right or wrong, this needs to be taken into consideration and sadly, it is often not.

What videogames are you into, Angel?

I won't reply to your first comment because it's a big ole logical fallacy, and I've mentioned my stance on discrediting a whole publication because of the owner. Did you know that 1up.com is owned by Hearst? I still listen to their podcasts though and I trust the people that are left there after what happened last year.

With regards to videogames I play on PS3 and Xbox 360, as well as on my DS and iPod Touch, but I've owned consoles going back to the CollecoVision ADAM. I'm a Mac user, so no PC games.
Lately I've been playing mostly single player games on my PS3 - currently in there is Read Dead Redemption. I'll be getting Alan Wake soon. I used to be big into COD 4 and Halo 3, but since I now have a 1 year old, online gaming isn't ideal since I have to be able to pause frequently.

that is what is so cool about humans. we all come to different conclusions.

Exactly. That's why I come to this forum. Although I like the skeptical sites and their podcasts, it's kinda boring to be on a forum where everyone is like minded. I find this place has a good balance.

Back