• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

David M. Rountree-December 15, 2013

HxWTx :eek: So.... any signs of radiation poisoning? Uh no, let me rephrase that, I actually don't want to joke about this. I mean, besides the probable shock and awe you were in, were you able to notice any physical sensations like pressure on the eardrums, coldness, anything? If there was gamma radiation, I guess you might have had signs of sickness later on? Was this a once-in-a lifetime experience or does stuff like that happen to you more often? Were you able to look at a photograph of the former roommate and identify him?

Oh yes, and great show indeed. Very interesting. I don't think Gene was too soft on Mr Rountree. He actually represented the sceptical side very convincingly. Thanks for asking my question, Chris.

That was my only visual anomaly so far...by a strange coincidence a year or so earlier..I had a near miss auto accident at a 4 way intersection close to that house. I was driving my winter beater a 4 speed 2 door Chevette..sitting at the lights and I heard a voice say..just wait 30 seconds in case some one is in a hurry...the voice came from behind me...it was so real I turned my head to look into the rear of the car..(so small no way anyone could be back there without me knowing) I looked forward at a green light and an empty intersection and slipped the clutch and crossed the line...I was about 1/2 a car length across the line and nose of the car into the intersection when a white oldsmobile acheiva came through the red at about..80 mph..blink and it was through...it passed so close to my front end...it was a miracle...if I had not paused to wonder about that voice...and just slammed the car into gear...I would have been exactly in the middle of that intersection as that car came through...it would have hit me dead on drivers door..
No way I would have lived...I pulled through the intersection...and pulled over...before the bridge that crosses the river in the center of St Albert..(.Madonna Drive is a dogleg right and a left) I sat there and shook...and tried to figure out what the hell had just happened to me... Even today..I have no clue....I just KNOW the voice was real enough to make me turn my head and LOOK
The fact that I felt the need to turn my head and look...confirms for me...that the voice was not in my head...
Well that's all of my paranormal stuff in my life so far...
I have been very lucky...and seen 3 UFO's in Canada..over the years...2 daylight with witnesses...and 1 night time that was spectacular....when I was alone...the UFO's were all different..but they sparked a curiosity in me that has persisted for over 30 years and I suspect that will last me the rest of my life. I have an unshakable belief that the sky's are full of mystery.
I enjoy the show

On the opening comments, I think Stanton has backed off on the MJ-12 documents and these days only maintains that 1 document is the real thing, and the rest are fabrications. I don't have a problem with Friedman defending MJ-12 because he is the one who knows more about it that probably anyone else. I think his suspicions about the fabrications being planted for disinformation by someone on the inside are reasonable, and I'm not entirely convinced that there was no MJ-12, or at least something along those lines.

On Rountree: The show came across as highly pseudoscientific. That doesn't mean he may not come across some interesting evidence, but it's definitely all dressed up as science, and he attempts to engage scientists, and his scientific education was used at the start of the show, but his objection to being put under the scrutiny of scientific skeptical inquiry ( the JREF challenge ) is a definite red flag. His conclusions and statements also seem to be unsupported by valid science. For example, what evidence does he have that mediums actually have a higher level of magnetite in their brains than so-called "normal" people? Also, the conclusion that the tunnel of light that people report associated with NDEs must be some kind of wormhole is a huge leap in logic, not to mention that there is no real-world evidence that wormholes actually exist anyplace, let alone every time someone dies.

The actual science being done with NDEs involves the placement of special messages in operating theatres so that when a person supposedly floats up out of their body, they can see it and report back on it after being revived. To date, nobody has succeeded in correctly reporting back the message. The bottom line is that the idea that a disembodied consciousness is possible, or even reasonable, has no substantial evidence or coherent supporting logic. At best, all we are dealing with is a memory reported after the fact. In other words, there is no evidence that NDEs represent a real-time event, and there's no evidence that what an NDE experiencer perceives is an objective reality beyond their own mind.

All that being said, like I always say, I still believe strange and unexplained things happen that make us believe certain things are true, and I hope that Rountree is able to capture some verifiable evidence from which we can draw valid scientific conclusions about what is really going on. I found it interesting that radiation has been a common factor in trace evidence for both UFOs and these seemingly paranormal events. I think that it's far more reasonable to suggest that these two phenomena are linked in a causal manner to something comparatively mundane, like alien visitation, than it is to speculate about the spontaneous formation on death of mini black holes that become wormholes into another realm of existence.

But who knows? Like many other people, I'd like to believe we go on experiencing our own existence in some elevated form after we die. But in the meantime, does preferring that belief to the alternative justify believing it actually happens?

Last edited:
It must cost a small fortune to secure a PhD in physics, unless attending DCU, with Morgan Freeman acting as adjunct professor. As it seems the “wormhole” is the latest exotic, cosmological fashion trend, and preferred mode of transport for the modern space traveler, as suggested by Renate Loll*.

Chris O’Brien astutely pointed out, that it would require, (in theory), an absurdly immense amount of negative energy to create, and maintain a wormhole’s aperture. As it has been hypothesized that it would require the negative energy of one billion, (1,000,000,000), Neutron stars to create, and maintain one single wormhole aperture. There have been, (as of 2010), approximately 2,000 Neutron stars detected in the observable universe. Moreover, for a theoretical wormhole at the Planck scale to exist, all notable models have shown, (to current knowledge), as infeasible, or nonexistent.

Also, (whilst pondering the “Imbrogno Effect”**), in the US, when someone is seeking gainful employment, they usually fill out what is commonly known as an employment application. Within said application are inquires pertaining to prior verifiable employment history, SS number, residence, and…, level of EDUCATION. The very last thing performed is to sign and date the application, stating that in fact what you’ve written is truthful, and giving the potential employer permission to check the veracity of what has been written. These requests, (numbering in the tens, if not hundreds of thousands), are each day received by educational institutions, with said information cheerfully exchanged.

And this: Mr. Rountree = “Wolfhawk Moon Productions is a production company specializing in Raw media content, television feature-length narratives, reality TV and documentaries.”

And this: http://www.spinvestigations.org/MARK-II_Wormhole_Detector.pdf I wonder if David has a license to operate this thing? Kinda reminds me of something found in GCN ads…, sign me up!!

How can anyone possibly be taken serious when attempting to illuminate a true mystery, while presenting their self as an enigma, when shying away from the critical lens, and with it, transparency? As this must not bode well for the experiencer who is wondering what is going on, as having their world turned upside down.

Notably.., sometimes the truth sucks, as not finding myself into the S.P.I.R.I.T. of Mr. Rountree’s research. However, if you’re looking for entertainment, that’s an entirely different story, as I found the dialogue entertaining.

In gratitude, I am to Mr. S, in providing a large stage in cyberspace for all to gather, and on it.., his quests, for whom on occasion find themselves stumbling over its edge.

* Renate Loll

** The unwillingness of a quest to divulge his, (or) her, verifiable level of education.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is physical energy manipulated by sentience really coming through Einstein-Rosen bridges and into our living rooms? Who knows. Paint me skeptical about bursts of gamma stuff especially. But this is at least a measurable parameter. Such hard data, if he really has it, would be big news.

Yes, appearing in our living rooms, in haunted houses and unhaunted spaces, all around us gamma radiation is flailing about & these wormholes expressing holographic imagery are everywhere and anywhere. If only I had enough magnetite in my brain to be able to appreciate the shuttling loom of time warping its weft of the past all around me. Why not scenes of the future as well while we're at it?

This tale is a little more tightly woven than Fusco's, but there are these abstractions in the science & general narrative that put this in the playing with science tone. When you listen to a scientist talk, even when they are really excited about their findings, there's a kind of rigor over facts, figures, names, places, events etc. that are explained more explicitly and assuredly. I did not feeel that Rountree had any of that tone to the discussion. Instead it felt like science was being cherry-picked and smoothed over in glancing blows.

If a great number of investigators have in fact died from cancer because of their gamma ray bombardment; then, that's not only very measurable, it's very newsworthy. Whenever someone says they can name lists of something that proves their point and them fails to produce, that's a big problem. Because if this was my personal theory then, as a scientist, I would have those names, dates, ages and types of cancer at my fingertips. This is a core, confirming feature of my narrative. How would i not know these deaths? I also get suspicious when 'dear friends of science', who can neither confirm nor deny this supposed chain of science, are also dead.

How easy it is to speak spuriously of the dead.

…How can anyone possibly be taken serious when attempting to illuminate a true mystery, while presenting their self as an enigma, when shying away from the critical lens, and with it, transparency?
Good question… I don't think you can. This realm of inquiry requires as much professional transparency as possible if you are going to tout yourself or your work, imo. I attended College for almost five years and never bothered to matriculate because they were not able to complete my request for a customized, independent study major. Oh well, I was a 22-year-old kid that received an employment offer I couldn't refuse. I'd like to think that Stalking the Herd could almost qualify as post-graduate work in sociology. But I'll let everyone else be the judge…

Good question… I don't think you can. This realm of inquiry requires as much professional transparency as possible if you are going to tout yourself or your work, imo. I attended College for almost five years and never bothered to matriculate because they were not able to complete my request for a customized, independent study major. Oh well, I was a 22-year-old kid that received an employment offer I couldn't refuse. I'd like to think that Stalking the Herd could almost qualify as post-graduate work in sociology. But I'll let everyone else be the judge…

Chris, if you've been following some of the posts that expose the college education scam, it's not all it's cracked up to be anyway. I also attended university up here for 5 years, and in my last couple of weeks during finals got rear-ended, by a senior citizen in a Ford van while sitting at a red traffic light. Two weeks later my relationship went south and I ended up out of our house while still in a neck brace and zoned out on painkillers from the accident injury. My time at university was an excellent experience, but in all honesty, so far as practical knowledge for employment purposes, most of it was a complete waste of time and money.

The largest portion of any post secondary education is more of a status symbol than a true measure of intelligence and knowledge, and there are few things that irk me as much as intellectual elitists who rely on their credentials to back up their claims. I could care less whether or not Rountree or any other UFO or paranormal researcher has a Ph.D. in science. It doesn't necessarily make them any more qualified to comment on UFOs or the paranormal than the average person.

What's more, IMO a well informed ufologist is actually better qualified to comment on UFOs than some physicist who knows very little about it. Look how bad Condon messed up. His elitist attitude only served to feed his ignorance and denial and marginalize the serious study of UFOs.

Last edited:
Now, as I've finished listening the episode I don't have the feeling I got at the beginning about David not telling his education background. David sounded for me as a rational, educated person who's been trying to utilize science to crack the mystery.

Yes, the sound has a different propagation speed than he stayed but I don't think it is enough to throw away his research. In a contrast with a previous guest he sounded way better. I haven't read his book and can't judge more than that but it would like to hear more people like David and hopeful one day mainstream science will start investigate paranormal and stop ignoring as silliness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It must cost a small fortune to secure a PhD in physics, unless attending DCU, with Morgan Freeman acting as adjunct professor.

Hahahha! :)

I agree with you that hiding one's identity and educational background is not acceptable when doing paranormal research. I would accept it from someone whistle-blowing on political fraud where they might be murdered, but not here.

My BS radar went off the charts. For one the shady excuses for not giving more information about his educational background. If he actually paid for Physics degree, he should seek a refund. Apparently he did not learn anything.

He stated that sound traveled at 660 mph at sea level. Wrong speed of sound at sea level 761.2 mph.

Very disappointed in the approach the Paracast has taken with guests in recent weeks. Where is critical thinking, the hardnose questions? You are openly critical of other paranormal show hosts whom fail to ask the tough questions. I honestly see little difference between Paracast recently, and Coast to Coast.

Add to that, to defend last weeks guest. The guy's science is bunk, plain and simple. Its become more about hits and downloads than the truth anymore.

The speed of sound at 15 C, Sea Level is 761.1 Statute Miles Per Hour or 661 Nautical Miles Per Hour. Statute mile being 5280 feet, nautical mile being 6000 feet in length.

What's more, IMO a well informed ufologist is actually better qualified to comment on UFOs than some physicist who knows very little about it. Look how bad Condon messed up. His elitist attitude only served to feed his ignorance and denial and marginalize the serious study of UFOs.

A key point and prime example too, I think. The very nature of our interest here is what lies on the ragged edge of the rational. Much of what we love to discuss here rationally should not be, but is.

A key point and prime example too, I think. The very nature of our interest here is what lies on the ragged edge of the rational. Much of what we love to discuss here rationally should not be, but is.

I think you are correct with respect to some of the supernatural subject matter, but there's nothing unscientific or irrational about the possibility of alien visitation.

I think you are correct with respect to some of the supernatural subject matter, but there's nothing unscientific or irrational about the possibility of alien visitation.
No. It's just that our best efforts so far have not been able to budge the UFO off of that ragged edge and into either the realm of the mythical where we can fully accept it or the rational where we can fully study it. It's what keeps us so fascinated and often frustrated.

well I finally got the chance to listen to this show.

I liked it!

As a sound tech myself I find this area of the paranormal very interesting but I have to say I have never recorded what I would call an EVP myself.

Thanks for getting David Rountree on the show.

For those out there concerned about Rountree's background, please check out "The Devil's Advocate" podcast and the first time Rountree was on the Paracast. He also has a book available for purchase entitled "Paranormal Technology". All are good references on his background. Whether those previous references check out, I do not know...but he did at least reference his educational experiences in the past.

For those out there concerned about Rountree's background, please check out "The Devil's Advocate" podcast and the first time Rountree was on the Paracast. He also has a book available for purchase entitled "Paranormal Technology". All are good references on his background. Whether those previous references check out, I do not know...but he did at least reference his educational experiences in the past.

From one sound tech talking about another he has a more than passing knowledge from what I can tell to not set any alarm bells off where that is concerned for me.

Just an FYI, in regards to his background, a topic has been opened, with a link, in which his credentials have and are being questioned. Up to this point, Rountree has refused to speak on the issue and he has either deleted pages or "revised" the information he initially provided. This is in regards to both his military and education.

Back