• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

David Biedny appreciation station

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really caught off guard hearing the UFO Magazine commercial. Two weeks after dB's gone and Birnes is back, advertising away? A little suspicious to me. Plus, I thought it very distasteful to hear "If you're a friend of Genes, you're a friend of mine"!! What if I'm a friend of David's, Bill? Do I still get the discount on your magazine? Huh? Or do I hear you slamming the phone in my ear!?

I actually cracked up laughing.

But hey, ad dollars is ad dollars.

Thanks for mentioning Long John, Gene. Being a youngster myself (relatively), I discovered Long John through Don Joyce of Negativland and his show "Over the Edge".

Don's long had an interest in UFOs and one episode of OTE incorporates an old Nebel interview of Arthur C. Clarke, contactee Wayne Aho, and other panelists. (You can find MP3s of this by googling, naturally.)

Fun stuff, especially hearing Clarke using basic statistical arguments to support his skepticism, and being careful to distinguish between "flying saucers", the existence of which he doubts, and "UFOs", which he does not doubt at all -- because perfectly reasonable, honest people do see things they can't identify, and while there's no need to jump to "aliens!" for the explanation, there's no need to disparage most witnesses, either. A good listen.

Anyhow, yes, Long John was the granddad of it all. To top it off, he married a model, Candy Jones, who claimed to be a victim of government mind control experiments. I cite the Fortean Times: http://www.forteantimes.com/features/profiles/497/candy_jones.html

Wacky stuff. :)

--Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back