• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Consciousness and the Paranormal — Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonini has an entry on IIT at a site called Scholarpedia. It provides an overview of IIT and addresses many aspects of philosophy of mind head-on. I continue to find it the most promising approach to the explanatory gap and to the relationship between the mind and body.

I still don't see how it addresses what I conceive must be a transition from "experience in itself" to "experience of itself." It may be that Tonini addresses this and I havent found it yet.

Integrated information theory - Scholarpedia

Tonini has an entry on IIT at a site called Scholarpedia. It provides an overview of IIT and addresses many aspects of philosophy of mind head-on. I continue to find it the most promising approach to the explanatory gap and to the relationship between the mind and body.

I still don't see how it addresses what I conceive must be a transition from "experience in itself" to "experience of itself." It may be that Tonini addresses this and I havent found it yet.

Integrated information theory - Scholarpedia

uh - huh ....

No, but I will asap. (Time Bandits is one of my all time favorites.)

In most of his films, Gilliam never quite hits his (ambitious goals) - but gets credit for his ambitions. (see Lost in La Mancha)

You will recognize this film immediately for the visual style and there are some intriguing bits (the use of the term "objects" and "entities" - some of the dialogue early in the film has an OOO feel to it) - but he never develops these ideas in depth (or maybe he conveys them visually and I don't see it ... and so, like many of his films, to me it seems to lack depth for the subject matter - but he is taking on ideas few directors will touch.

This film has a smaller feel to it than some of his other films - even the cosmic scenes seem constrained but might have been much better on the big screen.

Anyway, let me know what you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back