• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Consciousness and Magic

Interesting what your friend said about Armaggedon and Arkansas the place to be ... early 80s?

Titan II Missile Explosion - Encyclopedia of Arkansas

How a Dropped Wrench Socket Almost Incinerated Arkansas: Review - Businessweek

"For almost nine hours starting on Sept. 18, 1980, brave airmen sought to contain the damage precipitated by a dropped wrench socket that hit a Titan II missile -- which was tipped with a W-53 thermonuclear warhead -- in its silo. The socket pierced the missile’s skin, causing fuel and oxidizer leaks.
The ensuing explosion destroyed the silo, propelling missile parts and warhead into abbreviated flight. One airman died from internal wounds while 21 personnel were injured. The W-53 warhead ended up on a nearby roadside -- passed by motorists but fortunately never detonated. Close, but no mushroom cloud."

This incident is covered in horrifying detail in the book "Command And Control" by Eric Schlosser. It's sort of like Dr Strangelove meets Chernobyl with a bad ending that could have been much worse.

I can't honestly say. I haven't devoted much effort in that particular direction. Perhaps I should. But I have encountered doctors who seem honestly on board with the notion of the mind having a very active role in any healing process.

I'm making a personal note to do some reading about the phenomenon of spontaneous remission. As far as I know, it remains a genuine medical mystery.

Russell Targ has a book (or perhaps more than one) on this phenomenon, which he experienced himself through the help of a woman with healing abilities. He has also published key books in the history of psychic investigations in addition to his own work in this field. I'll p0st a link when I locate it.

This incident is covered in horrifying detail in the book "Command And Control" by Eric Schlosser. It's sort of like Dr Strangelove meets Chernobyl with a bad ending that could have been much worse.

It was about 20 miles from where I grew up and lived at the time. There was another silo about 15 miles awaY, 18 total in the state.

Years later a co-worker told me that he worked at the silo at the time, he wasn't on duty during the incident but knew a lot about it.

It was about 20 miles from where I grew up and lived at the time. There was another silo about 15 miles awaY, 18 total in the state.

Years later a co-worker told me that he worked at the silo at the time, he wasn't on duty during the incident but knew a lot about it.

Turns out the Titan II booster was giant bomb with a short fuse. And fueled by incredibly toxic liquids. Seems like Schlosser relates how some farmer's cows quite a distance downwind were killed by a vapor cloud of one of these substances. Perhaps you are familiar with the story.

I used to know a man retired form the USAF who had worked in some capacity in the Arkansas silos. I didn't think much about it at the time, but whenever the subject of missile maintenance would happen to come up in conversation, a very serious and concerned look would cross his face.

Turns out the Titan II booster was giant bomb with a short fuse. And fueled by incredibly toxic liquids. Seems like Schlosser relates how some farmer's cows quite a distance downwind were killed by a vapor cloud of one of these substances. Perhaps you are familiar with the story.

I used to know a man retired form the USAF who had worked in some capacity in the Arkansas silos. I didn't think much about it at the time, but whenever the subject of missile maintenance would happen to come up in conversation, a very serious and concerned look would cross his face.

we heard all kinds of stories growing up ... I remember nightmares about nuclear war, when I lived in Germany in 1984 as an exchange student, my classmates came up and got all over me about Reagan and our bases over there ... 1) I didn't speak gut Deutsche and secondly I didn't know anything about the politics like these kids did ... it was an eye opener.

I guess toxic fuel is OK for a nuclear weapon ... ? I can see Dan Akroyd doing an SNL skit on the product and how safe it is.

The universe is consciousness and matter. Matter transforms. Consciousness endures. :)

TEXT: "Is reincarnation what happens to us when we die? Could this story being showing us the possibility of carrying memory and emotional attachments from one life to the next?

"The story is about a little boy who vividly remembers a previous incarnation of being a soldier in World War II and how he had died. From the information provided, it is difficult to say how else the boy would have known the information he shares without actually having remembered it.

"Interestingly, the boy also talks about how he remembers choosing the family that he incarnated with in his current lifetime, something that is a common claim amongst people who have had near death experiences and who have been regressed in the stages after death.

"All in all this only shares a piece of anecdotal evidence to suggest reincarnation is what happens when we die. Of course, scientifically no one can say whether this is true or untrue, but sometimes that isn’t the only way for us to have a hunch about something. Perhaps this is the type of stuff that motivates further study into what happens when we die so that we can further understand it at the mental level.

"A fascinating subject none the less."

Reincarnation Past Life Evidence PROOF Children Documentary Discovery BBC National Geographic

Not to drive you crazy, but it would be easy if you just listed the post numbers, so I can zip though the lists and get them over to the new thread if it still matters.

So many want 'proof '. Even when one explains what the 'proofs' can and cannot be, there is disgruntlement. Sigh'

"Trying to speak about the ultimate reality is like sending a kiss through a messenger." ~ Rumi

“One thing: you have to walk, and create the way by your walking; you will not find a ready-made path. It is not so cheap, to reach to the ultimate realization of truth. You will have to create the path by walking yourself; the path is not ready-made, lying there and waiting for you. It is just like the sky: the birds fly, but they don't leave any footprints. You cannot follow them; there are no footprints left behind.” ― Osho

In this quote is the great mystery - we are creating ourselves. It is a paradox - perhaps. There are thoughts that humankind is not yet capable of thinking so that certain realities cannot yet come to birth.

I have decided to start telling the story. It will be what it will be. In fits and starts.

"Witchcraft is innately a shamanic tradition. The word shaman itself derives from the Siberian Tungus dialect (saman) and refers specifically to a Tungus medicine healer. Of course, anthropologically and spiritually speaking, these medicine people exist in almost every indigenous culture. A Witch has always been a friend to the elemental spirits of nature, and thus, through this working relationship, a Witch is empowered to communicate with the spirits/gods/forces to create desired change or to delve into the mysteries of the time."
Gede Parma
By Land, Sky & Sea: Three Realms of Shamanic Witchcraft

The Magic of Bamboo:

The seed of a bamboo tree is planted, fertilized and watered. Nothing happens for the first year. There´s no sign of growth. Not even a hint. The same thing happens - or doesn´t happen - the second year. And then the third year. The tree is carefully watered and fertilized each year, but nothing shows. No growth. No anything. For eight years it can continue. Eight years! Then - after the eight years of fertilizing and watering have passed, with nothing to show for it - the bamboo tree suddently sprouts and grows thirty feet in three months!”

― Zig Ziglar

That's the way it happens. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

The essence is conveyed in metaphor and story. Like in the 'Wizard of Oz'. I'll talk about it tomorrow.

“For human beings, spatial dimensions of three and less are external, and dimensions higher than three are internal. Hence, for us, all spatial dimensions higher than three are mental or psychic. It follows from this that a four-dimensional being would be experienced subjectively by a three-dimensional being as an inner voice or hallucination, as an interior phenomenon.”
- Jim DeKorne, Psychedelic Shamanism: The Cultivation, Preparation and Shamanic Use of Psychotropic Plants.

Back