• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Chuck Zuckowski?

Vimana

Paranormal Maven
Hi Gang-

This weekend is a mini paranormal convention in Colorado. Most of it is ghost hunting (uggh) but there is one UFO guy named Chuck Zuckowski. I could swear i heard this name somewhere but a search on the Pcast forums comes up blank. He is a San Luis Valley guy and I'd expect Chris OB has some info. This guy legit? The theme of the 'convention' seems to cater to those who watch Ghost Hunters, UFO chasers, Monster Quest ect. Not planning on going unless someone chimes in.

To be honest there have been a few people in Ufology I think with what I take to be Polish names? Some good, some bad. I find it hard to distinguish all the ****kowski names. Probably in exactly the same way people would rightly be confused with all the 'Mac' names in Scotland and Ireland so I cannot really help you if there is nothing on the net about him.

I will say this though, what might you do if you do not go to the convention? Unless it's a long journey away, you have little to lose by going and giving it a chance. These things don't happen that often and it might surprise you. I've never been to one but I think I'd go if one was close to me.

you going to the one in Leeds mate ???

Didn't know it was on. To be honest I'd like to but I probably would not travel further than Glasgow unless there were a few speakers I really wanted to hear. It's just the travel and time really. I'm totally up for it in principal. Are you?

Ok. Here is my report on the Spirits of Colorado Paranormal Convention held in Cripple Creek CO sept 18-20.

We showed up about midday Saturday and were greeted kindly by the hosts, assured that there was plenty to do, and shown the many sign-up sheets for ghost-hunting trips around town that evening. Cripple Creek is a very historical gold-rush town so even though I'm more into Cryptids/UFO stuff we signed up and paid our fees.

The fees were not extreme- $10 each for the con and $10 each per ghost hunt/lecture. I missed the one UFO lecture (Zuckowski) so we decided to explore.

We explored the old mines & graveyards while we waited for night to fall. This was incredible fun but not related to the event.

When it got close to time for our Ghost Hunt, we gathered at the convention site and met a lot of other attendees. Sitting in the bar I had a chance to meet Chuck Zuckowski, and he seemed nice and knowledgeable. We talked very briefly about the Walsenburg cattle mutes that have captured our mutual attention. He had a lecture to see so our talk was only a few minutes.

The time for our Ghost hunt came, and we headed up to the town's historic jail with about 10 other people who had paid & signed up. It was then when things went south.

It's hard to say for certain what occurred, but according to people in charge, there was a schedule printed with all wrong times, and somehow this was circulated, and monies collected for, even though it was spurious. The people at the various sites had no communication with the show runners. So we (all 10-15 of us) were turned away from the jail saying we had missed our experience.

By that time the folks who collected our monies were no longer at the "con site" so we muttered something about a "forced $20 donation" to "The Spirits of Colorado Paranormal Convention" and headed for the one place we could actually find spirits- back to the bar.

So. in closing, I must say Buyer Beware! when dealing with this organization and those paranormal groups that assisted in what was either a genuine fiasco or an outright case of robbery.

Sorta sucks because I wanted to come tell you guys how informative, or at least interesting, it was.

Oh well time to get down to San Luis Valley and pose in front of Chris' cameras.

Cheers,

VMNA

Back