• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Chuck DeCaro-CNN-and Me

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Doing radio, after awhile you can tell if a particular episode is good, great, not so good or ... "Oh Shit!". Know what I mean?

On March 11, 1995 me and Dwight Schultz hit one out of the park (IMHO) with guest Chuck DeCaro. Know him? Well, after about 1973 and on, UFOs disappeared from the media landscape ... for the most part. Oh sure, there were some UFO books and what have you get published ... but for the most part it was not even close to what later happened in the late 80's and into the 90's. When did all that change? (I mean UFOs hitting the national stage?) It changed in 1985 when CNN did a 4 part series on the Bentwaters case. Chuck DeCaro was the Special Assignment Correspondent that worked his magic and brought this show to the public.

DeCaro had a very strong background in national defense journalism, served in the Special Forces, snuck into Grenada during the US invasion (there was a press exclusion) did all kinds of cool stuff. Here is the Wikipedia article on him .... Wikimedia Error

This two hour episode had a number of neat things in it ... for example a Nam Vet buddy, John Pagel called in with an update on MIA/POW issues that we covered from time to time, and in the second hour (about 22 minutes in) I was taking phone calls and Chuck Shramek called in. I wanted you to listen for this ... if you know about Shramek and Hale-Bopp I thought you might enjoy this.
Chuck Shramek 12-27-50 - 05-23-2000

DeCaro is the real deal, a solid and important news guy that seemed to get it about UFOs. Here is the show and I look forward to hearing any remarks any of you have afterwards.
Decker

Show Opening

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/ChuckDeCaroOpening.mp3

Hour 01

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/ChuckDeCaro01.mp3

Hour 02

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/ChuckDeCaro02.mp3

It changed in 1985 when CNN did a 4 part series on the Bentwaters case. Chuck DeCaro was the Special Assignment Correspondent that worked his magic and brought this show to the public.

Finally, the holy grail for every UFO archivist, the lost CNN piece, appeared on Youtube 2 days ago. It is probably connected with the Rendlesham 2012 conference where it is announced that the video will be also presented there.

As Don said it aired in 4 parts - From February 22-25, 1985 (I checked with Bary Greenwood archives). Don, do you maybe know - is this the complete TV report? Is this only one of those 4 parts or all 4 parts are merged together?

Hi UFORadio. I have not watched the upload yet, been kind of busy. I hesitate to say until I get some time and watch.

Say, how are you doing?

Decker

Hi UFORadio. I have not watched the upload yet, been kind of busy. I hesitate to say until I get some time and watch.

Say, how are you doing?

Decker

Dear Don, thanks for the question, doing fine.
Keep up the great work. Listening your shows and archiving your episodes. Amazing historical value. Thank you for your rich archive-clips that you are always ready to share within the shows when the right context appears.

If you will be ever able in the future to locate VHS tape of your Denver debate with Phil - now, what an event and gem that would be :) Best Wishes.

Back