• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Chief MUFON Photo Analyst Marc D'Antonio: Questions space fanz?

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Marc D’Antonio will be our guest for the Sept 27th show. We will be taping this episode on Tuesday Sept 23.

Marc is the chief photo and video analyst for the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON). Marc has been with MUFON since 1971 and has accumulated years of experience investigating UFO cases. He is also the owner of FX Models where his company works on CGI and physical models for the entertainment industry as well as defense contractors and others. As a result of his FX work, Marc began working with motion picture special effects guru Doug Trumbull (2001: A Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, etc) who has a keen interest in UFOs. Marc is working w/ Trumbull on UFOTOG building sensor arrays that scan the sky w/ a variety of gear in an attempt to properly document sighting events.

Please post QUESTIONS ONLY for D'Antonio here in this thread. This will be a memorable show, to-be-sure!!! ;)

My questions for Marc D'Antonio is as follows:

1. What are your thoughts on the Patterson-Gimlin footage and have you reviewed similar Bigfoot footage that makes you believe in the possibility of Bigfoot continued existence?

2. What is your most recent case of discovered footage for which you have no real explanation?

1. What do you consider to be the best photographic and/or video evidence of a UFO that you've ever seen?

2. How do you go about separating the wheat from the chaff when it comes to photos/videos of UFOs?

3. In your opinion what are UFOs and where do they come from? Which theory do you subscribe to regarding the phenomenon? Nuts and bolts, interdimensional etc.

4. If we still haven't figured out what UFOs actually are after all these years, what good is it spending countless hours poring over photographic and video evidence that seems to reveal very little about the ultimate reality behind the phenomenon? Do you ever get the impression that you're just wasting your time?

5. Do you believe that governments or other agencies in the US and around the world have secret knowledge as to what the UFO phenomenon is? And what do you make of the disclosure movement championed by the likes of Steven Greer and Steven Basset? Do they do more harm than good to the field of ufology?

Last edited:
Questions for Marc;
1.) Can you please give advice on how to take better pictures and videos of aerial phenomenon with a cell phone?? I have tried to photograph several unusual objects in the last few months and I can never get a good photo. I am an apple fan and I currently have an iphone 5s.
2.) In your long history with MUFON have you ever helped investigate or analyzed a video with NICAP? I have never heard the organizations mentioned together. I know there were some different views between the organizations, but did you ever see them as rivals?

- What is your opinion on the 1971 Costa Rican UFO photo ( example here ) ?
- What is the best photo you have ever seen that we can look at on the Internet or that you can send to Gene & Chris to post for us to see?
- What are your top 5 most infamous photo fakes? Eduard Meir? Gulf Breeze?
- What is your opinion of the photos of odd looking rock patterns on Mars that some publishers try to claim represents some sort of life form or ancient ruins? Is there any merit to them?

Last edited:
Question Is there any UFO photo or video you consider unexplained and do you think it does any good to constantly attempt to explain away 100% of the photo or videos?

1) Is there any evidence or merit to capturing UFO phenomena by using filters, night vision, or other possible camera manipulations in order to record content not normally visible to the human eye?

2) Which historical photos do you feel offer the best evidence of unknown craft in our skies?

3) Has Trumbull ever talked about Kubrick's shooting of the moon landing as explained through hus multi-layered meta-horror movie The Shining as some believe?

Sorry I may be off topic, but i have 2 questions 1 why do some UFOs appear to have FAA inspired lights on the outside of the craft, IE. The craft in Belgium . 2 NASA is now openly talking life on other planets , so why not put their energies to catching one of these craft when they are here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Given the current ability to fake pretty much any photo or video, can we really do much except weed out the obvious fakes and say "I'm not sure" about the rest?

I guess what I'm asking is if photos and videos are actually evidence of anything anymore.

Can you ask his professional opinion of Bruce Macabee, a well-qualified guy no doubt, but one that has embarrassingly been on the wrong side of several (in my opinion) hoaxed UFO cases. The first being the Guardian tape. Here Macabee said it might be the best video evidence of a E.T. spacecraft on film. The second being the Ed Walters Gulf Breeze case. Now this one has a bit more debate, but I always thought the "UFOs" in those photographs looked like they were made in high school metal class, and not representative of what advanced technology might look like, "port holes" not even evenly spaced a part are something we might find in an ancient sea ship, but not a mothership from Zeta Reteculi.

Second, what is his opinion on "Jim Dilettoso." How did this guy get to be the authority on anything. At least with MacAbee he has a legit Ph.D he can use to defend his conclusions. What is the story of Dilettoso? Does he have an academic background in anything and how is he viewed these days after his many years in the field.

Thanks!

Back