• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Butch Witkowski/ Human Mutilations.

Tom: the thing is, (IMO) it's irrespoinsible to even mention such a highly strange event without knowing for sure whether its a genuine case or not. Especially if you are being interviewed for a radio show at the time.

At the end of the day though its really no big deal. Butch sounds like a great guy and a good investigator. I just think that (especially in the UFO field) you have to be careful about what you say as most people are listening carefully for any signs of Camelotism (new word =)). That might be a little unfair but we have the rich history of nut cases, charlatains and bullshit aritists in the UFO quagmire to thank for that.

I look forward to hearing Butch back on the show. The Sees case is fascinating.

Folks, I once had an interesting conversation about UFOs and aliens with a good friend. He's a very intelligent fellow, with only a slight interest in the topic, but his insight and level-headeness puts him in the top tier, as far as friends go. At one point he brought up the subject of benevolence vs. malevolence, and asked my opinion. I'll never forget my reply, because he got really quiet. I looked him in the eye, and said, "Mario, if the aliens wanted us dead, they could do it as quick as that (snapped my fingers)." That's just my humble opinion.

Folks, I once had an interesting conversation about UFOs and aliens with a good friend. He's a very intelligent fellow, with only a slight interest in the topic, but his insight and level-headeness puts him in the top tier, as far as friends go. At one point he brought up the subject of benevolence vs. malevolence, and asked my opinion. I'll never forget my reply, because he got really quiet. I looked him in the eye, and said, "Mario, if the aliens wanted us dead, they could do it as quick as that (snapped my fingers)." That's just my humble opinion.

If there's something they want living (or at least recently living) human bodies for they wouldn't want us all dead.
Which is of course the same reason sheep and cattle are not extinct while so many other large animals are.

it still defies rationality: if motives are strictly utilitarian you don't bother hunting for what you can grow yourself or farm.

Or then again, maybe this is the farm.

For me this was one of the least interesting episodes. Butch Witkowski sounds like a nice guy but he just doesn't present any evidence other than hearsay from anonymous sources. The events he cites either have no public record or (in the case of Todd Sees) the public record doesn't really support what Witkowski is putting forth as fact. After hearing this I'm not going to be lying awake nights thinking about human mutilation. There's no there there.

Tom: the thing is, (IMO) it's irrespoinsible to even mention such a highly strange event without knowing for sure whether its a genuine case or not. Especially if you are being interviewed for a radio show at the time.

Gareth, thanks for the reply. I certainly understand your perspective given the history of nutcases in the field. However, personally, I tend to come out on the side of 'more speech' as opposed to 'less speech', with more cautionary language inserted in the dialogue than Mr. Witkowski actually used in the interview. At the end of the day I think we are better off: Don Ecker was able to weigh in on the Vietnam and the Lovett cases, about which we are now all the wiser, and many of us now know that 'Bill' English is a dubious source. We also now realize that the public case record of human mutilations isn't as strong as we may have thought had we merely done internet research on our own. If investigators self-censor themselves to the realm of what they strictly know if be true I doubt we would have the level of discourse around topics such as abductions and inter-dimensionality which we currently do.

I applaud Butch’s efforts and support his decision to get involved in so-called “mutilation” research. We need as many individuals with law enforcement experience as possible involved in investigating these puzzling cases. Take it from me: this line of inquiry is fraught with a social stigma that comes with this frightening appearing territory. I know from many years of personal experience that this is NOT a popular subject to have one’s name attached to and this is not a subject that most investigators should become involved in. Again, thanks Butch for your efforts and courage, but all of us need to do more research on the subject that is surrounded with misconceptions and inappropriate generalities.

At no time did I hear any mention of the considerable amount of circumstantial evidence that suggests human groups(s) may be directly involved in many, if not most, cattle mutilations. Police Chief Ted Oliphant’s work in the Fyffe, AL region in the late 80s and early 90s, for instance, suggests that some kind of “bacteriological experiments” were going on with area cattle targeted as unwilling subjects by nearby Maxwell Air Force base. Both Ted and I have been saying for years that there is a strong possibility that some (if not most?) cattle mutilations may also be a monitoring program for environmental pollutants such as transmissible spongiform encephalopathy “prion” disease better known as “mad-cow disease” in the food chain. (See: http://blogs.myspace.com/neworleansphotography and my book Secrets of the Mysterious Valley chapter 13: pages 405 to 435). The subject of environmental monitoring is a seldom mentioned potential motive that could explain many of these cattle death cases. IMO this theory has legs and deserves much more attention. NIDS published a thought-provoking paper on this subject in 2002 and NIDS managing director micro-biologist Colm Kelleher wrote an excellent book titled Brain Trust http://colmkelleher.com/ that looks at this subject as a rationale for the mutilations. The probable role of the Rocky Mountain Biophysical Lab in the emergence of mad-cow/TSE was never mentioned etc. I could go on and on…

David Perkins has been investigating mutilations since 1975. He was Linda Howe’s camerman and chief consultant for her doc Strange Harvest. He and Linda now vehemently disagree on the subject. Perkins observed early on in the ‘70s that regions hardest hit by the mutilators were located downwind and downstream of where we obtain and utilize uranium. This suggested to him that could be an environmental monitoring program at work. IMO, Perkins’ theorizing is by far the most creative thinking in the field of “mutology.”

At no time during the show w/ Butch was there a mention of over 300 helicopter sightings that have been reported in and around cattle mutilation sites, including choppers and occupants seen conducting experiments on what turn out to be mutilated cows and animals being flown by chopper dangling from harnesses. Nor were there mentions of sheriff’s officers almost shooting down choppers seen flying away from a mute sites. At no time were there mentions of the rare physical evidence that has been documented at crime scenes that also hints at human involvement. Items found over the years include a gas-mask, scalpel, ritual occult sign, i.e., candles, ritual symbols, carefully combed tail hair, organs in a plastic bag hanging above the carcass, not to mention barbiturates, anti-coagulants, synthetic amphetamines, aluminum-titanium-oxygen-silicon flakes, and antimony that have all been detected over the years in mutilated livestock cases.

This is not a simple mystery and there are many popular culture misconceptions that have gained a life of their own that the data does not support. These include: all cattle mutilations have been drained of blood (Not true. Most are NOT drained.) High-heat is the cutting agent (Not true. Out of around 200 cases I have been involved with, forensic sample testing showed only four cases where cooked hemoglobin was present.)

Also, what few people care to realize is that unusual scavenger action can produce evidence that (to the untrained eye) appears high strange and “surgically-precise.” I have seen magpies and crows carve out perfect circles in the rear-end of cows, for instance. This picture was obtained by the late Michael Corbin from a Park County case. The rancher claimed that he watched birds do this to the carcass.
Magpie.jpg

Another intriguing element that Butch didn’t mention about the Gomez cases is the fluorescing paint material detected by black light on animals that were then targeted by the mutilators, or the lighter-than-air conventional craft that were apparently seen. I don’t care what Linda says: these facts indicate to me (and other researchers) that some sort of human perpetrators and agenda may be involved in some (if not most) cases. BTW: Howard Burgess was the liaison between NM State patrolman Gabe Valdez and Los Alamos Lab for forensic sample testing of Dulce area cattle deaths—most notably the Manuel Gomez cases in the late 1970s.

I could pick the show apart and go on and on, but instead, I suggest Gene and David have myself, David Perkins and Gabe Valdez on a show that would set the record straight as to what we really know about the unexplained livestock mutilation mystery. Between us we have about 90 years of field experience. I can also update everyone on the nine cows, a horse and a goat mutilation that have been reported since November 2009 in the San Luis Valley.

Even this up-to-speed Paracast bunch will be surprised at the extent of the data that has been obtained to explain this mystery and need I mention: it ain’t all due to aliens rustling up lip & eye stew or making udder soufflé’.

Awesome post Christopher. I was just relistening to your Paracast interview (07-19-09) when I read this. I'm always reminded of the rancher who saw (UFO-like) lights emanating from an object hovering over his land. As he examined the object closer, he realized that it was a helicopter specially customized with these lights to appear this way. What way? A UFO.

This was a great, though disturbing show. I am very interested to hear more on these Vietnam cases mentioned. When he was discussing how accounts of abduction often include these other beings analyzing the same parts of the body that appear removed or tampered with in mutilation cases it made me wonder if perhaps they are searching for certain criteria and upon finding it, then remove what they need. Perhaps we are merely stock for material to them.

Another thing that makes me wonder, especially as they were talking about how it always seems to be humans or cattle that are used.... has anyone looked into ancient writings on blood sacrifice and what exactly was going on there? I suppose there may not be enough material but it does seem to happen mostly with cattle/calves, sheep and humans in the ancient writings and these newer cases, if not a medical/research procedure, almost seem to have a ritualistic nature to them due to their precision.

I could pick the show apart and go on and on, but instead, I suggest Gene and David have myself, David Perkins and Gabe Valdez on a show that would set the record straight as to what we really know about the unexplained livestock mutilation mystery. Between us we have about 90 years of field experience. I can also update everyone on the nine cows, a horse and a goat mutilation that have been reported since November 2009 in the San Luis Valley.

Even this up-to-speed Paracast bunch will be surprised at the extent of the data that has been obtained to explain this mystery and need I mention: it ain’t all due to aliens rustling up lip & eye stew or making udder soufflé’.

Please make this happen.

Butch mentioned stories that he heard. We'll Don has wrote a fine post. That prove's what we heard on the show. Was not reliable information. Lear, that guy seems to be always on the outside fringes or insides fringes of Bogus stories. What up with that guy? I have to admit Chris O Brien post was interesting also and it's worth more attention and scrutiny. There many unanswered questions here. Hopefully under the this rock. The answer is less scary.

If the government needs to do research on cattle, why break the law and risk detection by raiding private property? Just set up its own ranch/research facility and have at it. Legal and a lot safer if there's something it wants to keep secret.

Listening to the show at the moment; the interview is just about to start.

I'd just like to comment that I am guilty of using David Biedny as a verb on one particular occasion. I haven't used it in a derogatory fashion however - I like the fact that David doesn't pull any punches and there are clearly many people in this particular field who richly deserve to be grilled to Hell and back.

The way I see it, it could be interpreted as a compliment as well as a disparaging term.

Christopher, a very thought provoking post. Let's cut straight to the heart of the matter (no pun intended): this implies others, such as Linda Howe as well as the U.K. researchers featured in Richard D. Hall's documentary "Silent Killers", have misinterpreted and perhaps intentionally ignored certain data surrounding the mutilation phenomena (e.g., human technology cannot cleanly remove sizable organs through small holes in the body; black helicopters generally are an occasional after-occurrence; predators generally avoid the remains for no apparent reason; ranchers staking out their land at night often miss mutilations that occur in close proximity). This also implies these researchers have made misstatements to which they adhere to this day (e.g., a significant percentage of mute victims do in fact have their blood drained; there is no evidence of disease, including bacteria; there is absolutely no evidence of human involvement in the vast majority of cases). Obviously the researchers I mention above cite veterinarians, ranchers and law enforcement personnel from a range of jurisdictions in support of their arguments. This also appears to be a global phenomena, occurring throughout wild and domesticated species beyond cattle.

As someone who is an internet consumer, and not a front line researcher, I frankly don't know where this leaves me in forming an informed view around this phenomena. If I am missing something please kindly advise - I am sure others are asking the same questions. Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide.

It's also appropriate to engage in a little educated speculation. If it starts with what we know, aside from the case histories, it's precious little.

Cool show even though a few stories got debunked.

I was intrigued with the consistency in the parts that get harvested in mutilations, and the fact that carcasses are left on site.

<SPECULATION>
//speculation starts:
This could be an indication that whatever is mutilating cows to extract specific parts is not programmed to process remains (energy conservation) and an ET race sending that kind of probe would obviously have a different view of the value of life than we have.

The repeated events may be an indication that they are conducting experiments, perhaps measuring how fast genetic mutations occur over a period of time under earths condition. (Is the earths biosphere degrading or improving...)

Or perhaps they are building artificial life forms compatible with earths environment and need specific parts that have evolved and adapted over millions of years. (reproduction, digestion strategies...)
</SPECULATION>
//end speculation lol

It would be cool to get a biologist, feed him the list of spare parts these ETs seem to be interested in and ask him why these components would be significant. And also why the remaining parts left in the carcass would have less value.

These mutilations look like automated scientific experimentation and sampling. Like a cheap low-budget unmanned probe we'd send to a newly discovered earth-like planet.

.... Get the data I don't care who gets killed :D

If there's something they want living (or at least recently living) human bodies for they wouldn't want us all dead.
Which is of course the same reason sheep and cattle are not extinct while so many other large animals are.

it still defies rationality: if motives are strictly utilitarian you don't bother hunting for what you can grow yourself or farm.

Or then again, maybe this is the farm.

My point is, I'm not entirely accepting of the fact that there is any human mutilation going on. My comments were in reference to my belief that (some of) the aliens have total control over us. If they wanted our planet, sans the human race, they would take it; they would kill us instantly using advanced technology.

If they truly needed human bodies, for whatever reason, they probably wouldn't grab some poor schmuck out on a hunting trip and leave his shoe 70 feet up in a tree and his naked body in a bush... Unless maybe the alien that grabbed him was a klutz and let him slip off the UFO's platform? Yet, I don't buy it.

Now, the 30,000 missing persons a year stat, that does beg some questions.

I am a late night guy as it is and have off tomorrow so I thought I would catch the episode now. I got about 20 minutes in and realized that it's 2:30 in the morning, I'll be going to sleep soon, and this is beyond creepy to listen to this episode right now. So I got about 18 minutes in and I'll listen to the rest in the afternoon. With the sun out and the lights on.

Back