• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Brendon O'Brien: April 8, 1958 — March 23, 2015

Chris, there’s really nothing that I can add that hasn’t already been said, other than; all of us here stand firmly by your side. What you’ve written speaks volumes to your character, as Brendon enjoyed the best brother that one could have ever possibly of hoped for in living on through you.

So sorry to hear this, especially when Chris was upbeat about the treatment. Unfortunately I went through the same thing last year and lost my mum to pancreatic cancer. So can relate to your loss and grieving at this point. Anytime we lose someone close to us, we all feel like a bit of us as gone. But the memory and love we had, that will always be with us. Reading your post about what your brother had done and achieved will last beyond us..i think some call it a legacy, I would say paradigm changing.

Chris,

Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss. I don't think I can add anything else that hasn't been said better by the other thread posters.

Brendon was a friend in my college-aged group of people a long time ago. Unlike everyone else we knew, he seemed to understand and know about our interests in the occult, magic and spirituality. We were never close, but happenstance kept me aware of where his life was going. I always wanted to be able to take one of his mayasites.com tours, and then it turned out that Chris O'Brien of the Paracast was Brendon's older brother.

It's very difficult for me to hear about Brendon's death. For one thing, I did a ritual, dammit! For another, we're still too young to start dying ad hoc. Chris, I am so sorry. Nothing can make this easy.

I disagree with Chris on most issues, even find him to be a bit biased, but I have no doubts he loved his brother and deserves our thoughts and prayers at this time.

Something weird about such timings.

My mom-in-law died just around her birthday.

My father died on my birthday.

My brother-in-law died last September, day after my birthday (well 10 minutes).

I'm so sorry for your loss.

heic1107a.jpg

The light that burns twice as bright lasts half as long, and you have burned so very very brightly Brendon O'Brien..

sad news chris,recently lost my dad to cancer as well,so ive got an idea of what your going through,best wishes to you and your family at this tough time.

Back