• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

BBC and Rendlesham - again

Just published - Dave Hodrien's review of the Reunion:

http://bufogarticles.blogspot.com/2010/12/rendlesham-30th-anniversary-conference.html

---------- Post added 01-01-2011 at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-31-2010 at 11:03 PM ----------

New videos of the Rendlesham 30th Anniversary Reunion started to surface.

Here is the latest set:

James Penniston gives another reason why all that really happened

Nick Pope Apologizes to the Airmen involved in the Rendlesham Forest incident

Why so long before this binary code surfaced ? (Rendlesham 2010)

James Penniston and John Burroughs at the East Gate on december 28th, 2010.Part 1

James Penniston and John Burroughs at the East Gate on december 28th, 2010.Part 2

Rendlesham 2010

As a very long time lurker of the forums (like 5+ years lol), I found this thread to be the only one I have actually wanted to get involved in. I know my two cents probably won't be taken as anything, which is fine, but I thought I would add what little I have heard from people actually involved in this situation.

No disrespect to the original poster, but this is initally what made me want to post lol. I know this is small a thing but it is a bit of a petpive of mine, being the wife of a former Airman in the Security Forces, they are not Security Police. They are called Security Forces, not Security Police. I made the mistake of using police when my husband and I were first dating and was told they are Security Forces. I am not sure why they don't like being referred to as police, because they pretty much are, but I think it is because they do A LOT more than "just police". So, also The D Flight that responded to the falling star would be Security Forces D Flight, not D flight Security Police. I know it is a little nit picky, but I figure it is better to have the right terms the the wrong ones.

I am going to make this as short and to the point as possible, but I do tend to add every single little detail I can, so forgive me if I start to ramble and this turns into a super long post. My husband is now a Police Officer, but before that did 6 years in the Air Force in the Security Forces. My husband spent all 6 years at the same base with one deployment to Qatar at the beginning of the war. His job was for the most part guarding the outer perimeter where they store the nuclear weapons. My husband got out of the Air Force and ended up becoming a Police Officer in the town he grew up in. Oddly enough there are about 4 other officers who were also in the Security Forces and stationed at the same base as my husband at various times. Anyways, during my husband’s field training one of his Training Officers just so happened to be one the guys who used to be in the Security Forces. My husband always teases me about my UFO and Conspiracy Theory fascinations, and I guess during one of their shifts they some how got to talking about UFO's and their time in the Military. Well, his Training Officer (I will call him T.O.) told him the story of Rendlesham, and how he was on Patrol the nights of the incidents (not sure which nights) but he did see unidentified objects, there was a crash, and it was def. something not from here. If my memory serves me correct he was in the forest around the crash sight. I don't remember the whole story, it has been a year or two since my husband told me. I did meet T.O., and my husband said when he introduced me, he was in the Security Forces, and I said "oh you’re the UFO guy" which he laughed and said yeah.

I know it isn't straight verifiable fact, and I know yall don't know me from any other new comer, so you have no way of knowing if I am right or not. I get that, but I thought I would add anyways, because I know I am not lying. I have tons of story's my husband and his friends have told, that they aren't suppose to say anything about (they all had Secret clearances since they dealt with nuclear weapons) Nothing serious though, more like little incidents and the things people did that they weren't suppose to like playing games during their shifts, and stuff like that. I have tried to get my husband to tell me the serious stuff he knows, but he won't say anything, even not being in the military anymore. He takes it seriously and won't utter a peep about things he was told not too.

I know my story isn't any big revelation, but I think it is interesting enough. At least interesting to me, hearing a first hand story from someone who was there. And that their was something there, not just lights from a light house. Sorry for the rambling. Maybe since I got my first post down after years of lurking, I will become an active contributing member lol!

Hope everyone had a great New Years and awesome weekend!!!

Anyway here on the forums hear about this latest evidence about Rendlesam? It fascinating stuff. It was discussed in the recent-newest Alien Astronaut show. A meeting occurred recently at Woodbridge hall to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the events in the forest. John Burroughs and Jim Penniston Peter Robbins Nick Pope, and Linda Moulton to name a few people were in attendance to hear this latest twist to the story.

Jim Penniston revealed for the first time in thirty years for whatever reason. That when he touched the triangle craft it downloaded a "Binary Code" straight into his mind. Which according to him he documented in his book, the book which is famous today for the drawings of the craft seen on the ground in the forest.

This code has been decoded now thirty years later, and amazing if true it showing co-ordinates and other stuff (a map location) it pointing to a location close to my homeland, it off the south coast of Ireland. Some of the oldest-ancient maps in circulation do show an Island of the Coast of Ireland, but it sunk into the sea 12 to 14 thousand years ago some claim. One author wrote about Atlantis and claimed this Island was part of the Kingdom of Atlantis.

Anyway here is video on it. I am only learning about in the last couple of hours, so still processing and gathering information on it.

I had always been aware of the location and myth about that location previously, but this is just new stuff coming to light now for me. Time to get Nick pope or Peter Robbins on again see what this is all about. Here is the video guys discussing it.

Yes its interesting the Binary Code and it would more interesting to have a round table discussion with Mr Peter Robbins ,Mr Nick Pope, Mr James Penniston and Mr John Burroughs with Mr Nick Ciske ?

I had always been aware of the location and myth about that location previously, but this is just new stuff coming to light now for me. Time to get Nick pope or Peter Robbins on again see what this is all about. Here is the video guys discussing it.

Gene: Peter is staying with us here for a few days, and we're meeting up with Nick later today so if you want to invite them on the show, call or PM.

Yes its interesting the Binary Code and it would more interesting to have a round table discussion with Mr Peter Robbins ,Mr Nick Pope, Mr James Penniston and Mr John Burroughs with Mr Nick Ciske ?

Gene and Chris, will need a extended show for that amount of people to speak! There is lot of controversy surrounding this disclosure, of course rightly so. This if true could be the most most-explosive piece of UFO-Information, the UFO- community have ever seen or got there hands on. The gap of time though to release will divide many in the UFO-community it sad to say.

Issues have been raised "why did Jim Penniston kept it secret for so long? does that make it a hoax is it made up by him? He claims it meant nothing to him back when this experience happened. It was 1 and 0's he never understand that it was a binary-code at all that could be deciphered. Jim said I just kept it my book, and said nothing till recently.

I personally have a feeling this code might be legit and not to make an excuse for Jim. But the way he received is out-there even for today. It was downloaded in image form into his mind as he touched the craft. He probably most likely said to himself if and when i release this I will be called nuts.

This is what is amazing to me. Of all places this code could have pointed to on the Worldwide- map earth is pretty big place. The co-ordinates given pointed to an obscure place of the coast of Ireland which is only talked about in Celtic mythology really. I'm of course well-happy with this news if true, it has backing up lot of the stuff I have been saying here for years.

In Celtic Mythology is said this is were the "Tuatha de dannann" went after the battle with the Milesians. There is many different versions to the story as you would expect claiming the tuatha left for another world outside of our view a spiritual kingdom or that'd they went underground.

I have also mentioned another race-called the Formori on a different thread previously. That group tribe-race, and many other strange creatures and beings to be exact are said to live on the island of Hy-Brazil.

It been suggested Brazil the country got its name from this lsland of the coast of Ireland. It strange different time-lines are given to when it sunk into the Atlantic ocean, allegedly around 12 to 14 thousand years ago, but the problem with this folks is, the island was appearing on medieval maps right up till the 18th century as being in the Atlantic ocean, the maps of the last two hundred years have completely removed the island from being there.

There was lot of voyages by adventurers and explorers in the last-ten centuries from different countries looking to find the island, most the majority found no Island. But some returned with crazy stories of finding a paradise with people, people that never got old or got sick, people that lived in beautiful palaces stuff you find in a fairy-tale really. There is tales this Island is there, but it cloaked from mortal eyes with magic- technology odd stuff really, but all more interesting now if the binary code is the real deal.

Also not all the binary-code has been released allegedly. There could be more information there, he received 12 pages of this stuff.

Excellent post : Kieran and I am very interested in the Celtic Mythology of Hy Brazil. This Binary- Code is another piece of the puzzle on this more credible case of Bentwaters which has been indicated due to contact with the encounter but how do we know its not been contaminate through de-briefing after the incident at Bentwaters ? Furthermore, a qualified forensic police investigation and witness is a must when conducting and obtaining of the binary- code data results.
Wonder what else is in there?

Excellent post : Kieran and I am very interested in the Celtic Mythology of Hy Brazil. This Binary- Code is another piece of the puzzle on this more credible case of Bentwaters which has been indicated due to contact with the encounter but how do we know its not been contaminate through de-briefing after the incident at Bentwaters ? Furthermore, a qualified forensic police investigation and witness is a must when conducting and obtaining of the binary- code data results.
Wonder what else is in there?

Can't deny it not possible Jim and others were messed with, but I just hope this is genuine for the sake of this case! I think Jim would probably know in his head this was a fake code, even if his interrogation or debriefing involved drugs of some type to get information from him or put in information. I think the way-he received the code is what I believed stopped him from releasing it. People in this community are going to dis-believe this straight away, it does not interest people if not aliens coming here from other-planets, a lost perhaps alien or human civilization is going to have its doubters right off the block.

I think this disclosure will harm the case in the long-run unless there is something more there than just co-ordinates, we'd just have to wait and see. I might be acting cynical here and being somewhat bias in outlook here, but if these co-ordinates pointed to somewhere else on the planet. I still would have found it interesting, but be less surprised by another location, but the fact the co-ordinates are pointed to this place on the world map. It actually quiet stunning I don't think people here and elsewhere are grasping what that could mean for our society and our history. Just to further illustrate my point blowfish.

This is a map of the world from 1597 created by Giovanni Magini. Look at the islands of the coast of Ireland in todays maps they don't exist.

www.eaudrey.com/myth/Places/Magini1597.pdf

Kieran. Here is another map and article re: Hy Brasil.
(Hy) Brasil.jpg

Hy-Brasil, the other Atlantis
Jul 3, 2001 - © Fiona Broome

When discussing underwater lore and legends, Atlantis is an obvious subject of interest. However, the lost island of Hy-Brasil is just as intriguing and has more first-person accounts.
Hy-Brasil is also spelled Hy-Breasal, Hy-Brazil, Hy-Breasil, Brazir and related variations. It may be the reason that the South American country, Brazil, was so named. The central image on the Brazilian flag, a circle with a channel across the center, is the symbol for Hy-Brasil on early maps.

The name of Hy-Brasil may come from the Middle Ages term brazil, which seems to indicate a source of rare red dye. The dye may have acquired its name from the legendary island, or vice versa.

Or, the name Hy-Brasil, also called the Fortunate Island, may originate with the old Irish word, breas, meaning noble or fortunate.

In folklore, this island country takes its name from Breasal, the High King of the World, in Celtic history.

(He may or may not be related to Bresal Echarlam mac Echach Baethlaim, from the stories of Lugh at Tara. He was not St. Breasal, although pre-Christian folklore may be the foundation for that saint's legends.)

Hy-Brasil was noted on maps as early as 1325, when Genoese cartographer Dalorto placed the island west of Ireland. On successive sailing charts, it appears southwest of Galway Bay.

On some 15th century maps, islands of the Azores appear as Isola de Brazil, or Insulla de Brazil.

After 1865, Hy-Brasil appears on few maps since its location could not be verified.

Regardless of the name or location, the island's history is consistent: It is the home of a wealthy and highly advanced civilization. Those who visited the island returned with tales of gold-roofed towers and domes, healthy cattle, and opulent citizens.

The lore of Hy-Brasil is equally fascinating. For example, it is shrouded in fog or perhaps beneath the ocean, and appears only briefly, once every seven years.

The island has been visited by many people for centuries. Both Saint Barrind and Saint Brendan found the island on their respective voyages, and returned home with nearly identical descriptions of Hy-Brasil, which they dubbed the "Promised Land."

One of the most famous visits to Hy-Brasil was in 1674 by Captain John Nisbet of Killybegs, Co. Donegal, Ireland. He and his crew were in familiar waters west of Ireland, when a fog came up. As the fog lifted, the ship was dangerously close to rocks. While getting their bearings, the ship anchored in three fathoms of water, and four crew members rowed ashore to visit Hy-Brasil.

They spent a day on the island, and returned with silver and gold given to them by an old man who lived there. Upon the return of the crew to Ireland, a second ship set out under the command of Alexander Johnson.
They, too, found the hospitable island of Hy-Brasil and returned to Ireland to confirm the tales of Captain Nisbet and crew.

The last documented sighting of Hy-Brasil was in 1872, when author T. J. Westropp and several companions saw the island appear and then vanish. This was Mr. Westropp's third view of Hy-Brasil, but on this voyage he had brought his mother and some friends to verify the existence of Hy-Brasil.

Researchers and archaeologists have searched in the most likely locations west of Ireland, and there is evidence that islands existed there. Shallow-water shells have been found at Porcupine Bank, somewhat northwest of the most likely location of Hy-Brasil. Even further north, similar shells were discovered at Rockhall.

So, there is evidence of land mass changes in that part of the Atlantic Ocean.

The most distinctive geographical feature of Hy-Brasil, is that it appears on maps as a perfect circle, with a semi-circular channel through the center. The circular perimeter of the island was confirmed by both Saints Barrind and Brendan, who separately walked the shore to determine where the island ended, but never found it. Most likely, they were walking in circles.

Although Hy-Brasil does not have the fame of Atlantis, outside role-playing games, it is a story worth exploring.

Other names for Hy-Brasil: Tir fo-Thuin (Land Under the Wave), Mag Mell (Land of Truth), Hy na-Beatha (Isle of Life), and Tir na-m-Buadha (Land of Virtue). Fourteeth and Fifteenth century maps spell Hy-Brasil as Ysole Brazil, Bracir, and Hy Breasail. References:

Phantom Islands of the Atlantic, by Donald S. Johnson
Dictionary of Celtic Mythology, by Peter Berresford Ellis
Celtic Myth and Legend, by Mike Dixon-Kennedy
The copyright of the article Hy-Brasil, the other Atlantis in Spirits, Ghosts & Legends is owned by Fiona Broome. Permission to republish Hy-Brasil, the other Atlantis in print or online must be granted by the author in writing.

Kieran. Here is another map and article re: Hy Brasil.
181_sacred_geometry.gif

Hy-Brasil, the other Atlantis
Jul 3, 2001 - © Fiona Broome

When discussing underwater lore and legends, Atlantis is an obvious subject of interest. However, the lost island of Hy-Brasil is just as intriguing and has more first-person accounts.
Hy-Brasil is also spelled Hy-Breasal, Hy-Brazil, Hy-Breasil, Brazir and related variations. It may be the reason that the South American country, Brazil, was so named. The central image on the Brazilian flag, a circle with a channel across the center, is the symbol for Hy-Brasil on early maps.

The name of Hy-Brasil may come from the Middle Ages term brazil, which seems to indicate a source of rare red dye. The dye may have acquired its name from the legendary island, or vice versa.

Or, the name Hy-Brasil, also called the Fortunate Island, may originate with the old Irish word, breas, meaning noble or fortunate.

In folklore, this island country takes its name from Breasal, the High King of the World, in Celtic history.

(He may or may not be related to Bresal Echarlam mac Echach Baethlaim, from the stories of Lugh at Tara. He was not St. Breasal, although pre-Christian folklore may be the foundation for that saint's legends.)

Hy-Brasil was noted on maps as early as 1325, when Genoese cartographer Dalorto placed the island west of Ireland. On successive sailing charts, it appears southwest of Galway Bay.

On some 15th century maps, islands of the Azores appear as Isola de Brazil, or Insulla de Brazil.

After 1865, Hy-Brasil appears on few maps since its location could not be verified.

Regardless of the name or location, the island's history is consistent: It is the home of a wealthy and highly advanced civilization. Those who visited the island returned with tales of gold-roofed towers and domes, healthy cattle, and opulent citizens.

The lore of Hy-Brasil is equally fascinating. For example, it is shrouded in fog or perhaps beneath the ocean, and appears only briefly, once every seven years.

The island has been visited by many people for centuries. Both Saint Barrind and Saint Brendan found the island on their respective voyages, and returned home with nearly identical descriptions of Hy-Brasil, which they dubbed the "Promised Land."

One of the most famous visits to Hy-Brasil was in 1674 by Captain John Nisbet of Killybegs, Co. Donegal, Ireland. He and his crew were in familiar waters west of Ireland, when a fog came up. As the fog lifted, the ship was dangerously close to rocks. While getting their bearings, the ship anchored in three fathoms of water, and four crew members rowed ashore to visit Hy-Brasil.

They spent a day on the island, and returned with silver and gold given to them by an old man who lived there. Upon the return of the crew to Ireland, a second ship set out under the command of Alexander Johnson.
They, too, found the hospitable island of Hy-Brasil and returned to Ireland to confirm the tales of Captain Nisbet and crew.

The last documented sighting of Hy-Brasil was in 1872, when author T. J. Westropp and several companions saw the island appear and then vanish. This was Mr. Westropp's third view of Hy-Brasil, but on this voyage he had brought his mother and some friends to verify the existence of Hy-Brasil.

Researchers and archaeologists have searched in the most likely locations west of Ireland, and there is evidence that islands existed there. Shallow-water shells have been found at Porcupine Bank, somewhat northwest of the most likely location of Hy-Brasil. Even further north, similar shells were discovered at Rockhall.

So, there is evidence of land mass changes in that part of the Atlantic Ocean.

The most distinctive geographical feature of Hy-Brasil, is that it appears on maps as a perfect circle, with a semi-circular channel through the center. The circular perimeter of the island was confirmed by both Saints Barrind and Brendan, who separately walked the shore to determine where the island ended, but never found it. Most likely, they were walking in circles.

Although Hy-Brasil does not have the fame of Atlantis, outside role-playing games, it is a story worth exploring.

Other names for Hy-Brasil: Tir fo-Thuin (Land Under the Wave), Mag Mell (Land of Truth), Hy na-Beatha (Isle of Life), and Tir na-m-Buadha (Land of Virtue). Fourteeth and Fifteenth century maps spell Hy-Brasil as Ysole Brazil, Bracir, and Hy Breasail. References:

Phantom Islands of the Atlantic, by Donald S. Johnson
Dictionary of Celtic Mythology, by Peter Berresford Ellis
Celtic Myth and Legend, by Mike Dixon-Kennedy
The copyright of the article Hy-Brasil, the other Atlantis in Spirits, Ghosts & Legends is owned by Fiona Broome. Permission to republish Hy-Brasil, the other Atlantis in print or online must be granted by the author in writing.

Really interesting there is lot of stuff in this that I never heard of. One bit of the text that caught my eye is the last recorded sighting was in 1872. What happened to the island lol ? Anyway thanks for posting this Philip.

Ps Philip the map you posted. I am in the location were it says Limerick lol !

Kieran. Do you know if there has been any further investigation into the coordinates that Penniston received?

Nay just as ignorant as everyone else to what this is all about to be honest Philip. I heard nothing and read nothing more on this case. I be searching the internet today more than I should looking for information on this.

Jim Penniston, is the person with the information. I'm only speculating on what it could mean! But allegedly there is more information there than what has been released. The video I posted only showed a short page of binary were Jim alleged he received 12 to 14 pages of this stuff.

The binary code released those not state HY-Brazil, that is just speculation we have to remember that crucial point. But the co-ordinates are pointing to a location were Hy-Brazil allegedly was .

This is what the binary code allegedly said... Exploration (of) Humanity
52 09 42.532 N
13 13 12 69 W
CONTI(NUOUS)
FOR PLANETARY ADVANCE

The binary code released those not state HY-Brazil, that is just speculation we have to remember that crucial point. But the co-ordinates are pointing to a location were Hy-Brazil allegedly was . This is what the binary code allegedly said... Exploration (of) Humanity 52 09 42.532 N 13 13 12 69 W CONTI(NUOUS) FOR PLANETARY ADVANCE

Does anyone understand in detail the process by which these 6 pages of "0"s and "1"s in Jim Penniston's notebook were interpreted into this specific message? Does this mean the ancient aliens speak English, and encode the English language, including our system used for latitude/longitude co-ordinates, into a binary code so they can be de-coded thus by some academic "expert" after 30 years? Why bother with binary code? What the heck is the point of ID-ing the possible co-ordinates of some mythical island submerged under the Atlantic which may or may not have at some time been visible on the surface (presumably when sea levels were much lower than now) as "important"?

I know Jim himself believes this could be significant, because we discussed the matter in Woodbridge last Wednesday; and LMH is promoting the hell out of it in her usual way as the most important development in UFOlogy for years, etc. But do we really have anything here except (sadly too common in this field) speculative bunk masquerading as TV entertainment?

Good points ArchieBedford and who was it that suggested ?mathematics could be the universal code of communication? I have to agree this might !end up tarnishing the whole case or enhance it to a wider audience. However, it maybe should be only one of part of this credible case which Mr Peter Robbins and Mr Hastings have done excellent investigation. L H M has done some good work in the past regards scientific regards bats, bed bugs and rather keep open mind until have more of the facts on this Binary Code. Just complete Mr Nick Redfern's book on NASA excellent read and has footnotes!

Good points ArchieBedford and who was it that suggested ?mathematics could be the universal code of communication? I have to agree this might !end up tarnishing the whole case or enhance it to a wider audience. However, it maybe should be only one of part of this credible case which Mr Peter Robbins and Mr Hastings have done excellent investigation. L H M has done some good work in the past regards scientific regards bats, bed bugs and rather keep open mind until have more of the facts on this Binary Code.

Yeah Blowfish, I've known the case very well for decades. Peter and Robert are both good personal friends of mine. I've also met Jim Penniston, John Burroughs and LMH and discussed this binary code issue with them face-to-face - not that they'd reveal much about the interpretation before last week's "Ancient Aliens" broadcast for contractual reasons.

My comments were not about the Bentwaters case per se, which IMO has always been a strong one because of its combination of multiple highly credible witnesses, official Government/USAF paper trail, forensic evidence (soil changes, imprints, tree damage, confirmed elevated radioactivity), medical records (burned retinas on several witnesses) and its essential similarity to other documented intrusions at nuclear weapons bases over decades by UFOs.

My points were confined to the claimed interpretation of this string of numbers in Jim's notebook. "Interesting if true" as a friend of mine said yesterday. But true? Probably not.

Does anyone understand in detail the process by which these 6 pages of "0"s and "1"s in Jim Penniston's notebook were interpreted into this specific message? Does this mean the ancient aliens speak English, and encode the English language, including our system used for latitude/longitude co-ordinates, into a binary code so they can be de-coded thus by some academic "expert" after 30 years? Why bother with binary code? What the heck is the point of ID-ing the possible co-ordinates of some mythical island submerged under the Atlantic which may or may not have at some time been visible on the surface (presumably when sea levels were much lower than now) as "important"?

I know Jim himself believes this could be significant, because we discussed the matter in Woodbridge last Wednesday; and LMH is promoting the hell out of it in her usual way as the most important development in UFOlogy for years, etc. But do we really have anything here except (sadly too common in this field) speculative bunk masquerading as TV entertainment?

I have almost no knowledge of binary-code Archie. So I can't answer the questions you asked in a adequate manner, but Jim said he saw a craft an object on the ground inside the forest of Bentwaters-Rendlesham, and according to Jim it seemed to him, the object had no-pilot inside. It's surface was completely black, and it had a shape like a triangle. I guess if that is true the craft most have been using technology to direct and move itself to that area itself.

Jim said, it took off into air short time later, after he found came across this impressive looking object on the ground. I guess if it was technology moving this object, it was using a computer based system of some-sort and we do know computers use binary-code. So it not that usual if that is what Jim allegedly received! We humanity have sent space probes out into space with messages in computer talk like binary so that, if there was another intelligence out there with the right intelligence, whatever that intelligence is, could receive the message and communicate back to us here. So any advanced -intelligence slightly ahead of us or behind us would probably use binary-math?

Archie, just say we have been visited by non-humans, and put aside were they'd could have came from for arguments sake. We'll only disagree lol!

Wouldn't the 'Time' this intelligence arrived to this planet 'if not an indigneous-intelligence' determine a hell of lot of what they know and are aware of?

As for the English language. To get accurate timeline for when the English language was first used by Europeans that is difficult, but old-English is hundreds of years old at least, so again time is important here. Also any intelligence-even if foreign to the planet in birth will try to communicate in language that can be decoded if that is their wish? I not sure Archie, if this message was not intentional and was part of a plan of some sort by the intelligence?

Jim was an American who speaks and writes English and he was stationed in a country who's official recognised language is English. The binary download was in English, allegedly once decoded, but it another thing to say the intelligence speaks English like we do!

What build that object seen in the forest is anyones guess, but computers can learn and store stuff faster than us like languages for example. As humans we have take the time to learn, and takes many years for us to learn a new language. A highly advanced computer could learn a language in a couple of days with programming I would guess. We're only at the early stages of computers, so we have no way of knowing how advanced the computing was inside the object itself, and what the intelligence programmed it to do when it came into contact with us or anything that would be considered intelligent.

Archie, the co-ordinates and a short piece of English-writing is what the code-read. It only wrong if Jim is not telling the truth? A genuine- expert that person should no more than any of us? Jim handed some of his notes over to the person that claimed to be code-breaker or binary expert, and that is what that person found allegedly. I think Jim would not have just gone and handed his notes over to a novice, that person probably is an expert of binary-code.

I personally think it rather curious Archie just think about it for a second ok?

Of all-places this code could have pointed to on the world map, it pointed to that specific location a place that is not well-known about at all. Honestly how many people who post here had heard of HY-Brazil before this? it not really talked about in UFO arena of any significance like the Sumeria and Egyptian alien-lore would get and receive. That is why I am leaning to believe Jim is telling the truth and he is not making it up for people. That island is connected with fairy-lore some call it the land of TIR-NA OG, if Hy-Brazil is the lost land of TIR-NA-OG that is stunning to me and should be for everyone else who knows the legend.

Archie the Tuatha de dannann allegedly had some amazing technology when they lived on the island of Ireland long ago these legends are thousands of years old, imagine what they could designed build since that time long ago? There is legends they were human but very powerful much stronger than normal humans very beautiful race with blonde hair, but the legends also say they were from the stars because their knowledge was so great. I wouldn't be surprised if they are alien in the strictest sense of the term to us. It just speculation of course, but I personally do have the believe something odd and weird happened on this island thousands of years ago, that I have no doubt personally.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

I was reading Platos descriptions of Atlantis last night because of this information. I was leaning to the believe before this he was describing the large mass in the Americas, i personally still think there is something there a connection, but the word he uses to describe the landmass that is Atlantis is "Nesos" The Greek word for island so Atlantis was an Island. In Timaeus Plato states the Island lies to the west pass the pillars of Heracles which would be pass Spain and Portugal. And in Celtic mythology there was Island with an advanced culture living on it and was in western Atlantic ocean. Plato described Atlantis, and the descriptions of it are very similar to the descriptions of Tir-na-og, not sure what to make if it all, but very strange and exciting at the same time if any of this is true?.

Archie, the co-ordinates and a short piece of English-writing is what the code-read. It only wrong if Jim is not telling the truth? A genuine- expert that person should no more than any of us? Jim handed some of his notes over to the person that claimed to be code-breaker or binary expert, and that is what that person found allegedly. I think Jim would not have just gone and handed his notes over to a novice, that person probably is an expert of binary-code.

Sure Kieran I know that. With codebreaking, you have to have an assumption of the language or reference framework intended by the original encoder. If for example you want to break Russian military codes, the assumption is that the eventual encoding can be resolved into the Russian language. The reason Imperial Japanese Army Intelligence was never able to break the US Army's code in WW2 was because they resolved to the Navajo language, and the Japanese never considered that possibility so the code was always impenetrable to them.

So ancient aliens, or whatever, encode in modern English. Maybe. Binary code is not much to go on unless you can be certain of the original encoder's intent. I bet you my dollar to your cent that any other code expert, presented with the same series of hundreds of "1"s and "0"s, would resolve a completely different "message" if he started from a different set of encoding assumptions. However, for entertainment purposes on a History Channel series on "Ancient Aliens", what is needed is a message to fit the entertainment needs of the program. So look up some mythical exotic location associated with some long-lost civilization, and say it means that. Bingo.

Please excuse my cynicism. Nothing personal to anyone here who chooses to believe this "interpretation" of a stream of binary code means something. I don't think so, kids.

Sure Kieran I know that. With codebreaking, you have to have an assumption of the language or reference framework intended by the original encoder. If for example you want to break Russian military codes, the assumption is that the eventual encoding can be resolved into the Russian language. The reason Imperial Japanese Army Intelligence was never able to break the US Army's code in WW2 was because they resolved to the Navajo language, and the Japanese never considered that possibility so the code was always impenetrable to them.

So ancient aliens, or whatever, encode in modern English. Maybe. Binary code is not much to go on unless you can be certain of the original encoder's intent. I bet you my dollar to your cent that any other code expert, presented with the same series of hundreds of "1"s and "0"s, would resolve a completely different "message" if he started from a different set of encoding assumptions. However, for entertainment purposes on a History Channel series on "Ancient Aliens", what is needed is a message to fit the entertainment needs of the program. So look up some mythical exotic location associated with some long-lost civilization, and say it means that. Bingo.

Please excuse my cynicism. Nothing personal to anyone here who chooses to believe this "interpretation" of a stream of binary code means something. I don't think so, kids.

I think you should wait until all facts are in, before rushing to judgement as you are. I'm not sure Archie. I have serious doubts a new message would appear if another code-expert tried to decode it. If the binary-code is in proper format each time copied straight from the note-book each time. It should by right show the same message every time it was done!

I see the point your trying to make, but if your correct than this, is all scam right down from Jim to whoever else is promoting this believe, personally I believe that is extremely far-fetched, and I think the reason why the series of Ancient Aliens picked that place is the location of the co-ordinates points to that area of the world allegedly, of course the series would speculate on that place what do you expect it is entertainment, but if the information is correct you hardly expect it to be covered up would you?

I was correct in what I said a number of posts back this debate is perfect example of it. This is beginning to divide the UFO-community believers in Rendlesham are starting to turn against the case, because for lot of folks out there, it does not meet their expectations for what they believed this case was in their minds. It sad Jim kept this code for so long, and if there is nothing more to reveal, this will over the long run cause more damage than good.

Back