• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

August 30th Episode with Karl Mamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Biedny,

Well to be fair, I was already less than welcomed here in the first place.

I've been on the receiving end of the same kind of behaviour. I suppose you may have contacted those people privately to let them know to tone it down... but then I had to provide an email address to join, so why the public response? Perhaps it is in poor taste here to question members who have been here longer?

With regards to the statement itself, truth be told I was getting a little tired of responding to comments that have no basis in reality. Yet he claims that he was
actually hoping to hear a good, intelligent debate

Judging by his own performance, misrepresenting the facts, and downright fabricating events are his idea of a good, intelligent debate.

It's too bad, there are a great number of paranormal subjects I am interested in. But it seems that the hosts handle these questions far better than some of the posters here. No room for other points of view I guess.

The strangest part of all of this is that no one here knows me. Sure I am a chef. But I wasn't always. I would love to use what money and influence I have from my previous career to get some real research done. But I see what they mean, this area of research is a dead end, not because UFO's are a myth, but because most of the people involved have no idea how to present their ideas without exagerration or a closed mind.

I would invite Mr. Ecker, if he is interested in getting some real research done, to contact me. Otherwise, feel free to remove me from the list, I can not promise to not treat a child like a child.

so mrchef takes his ball and goes home... thanks for playing!

so mrchef takes his ball and goes home... thanks for playing!

Sorry, it wont be that easy.

I never said I was going anywhere. I said "feel free to remove me" since I will not promise to not treat a child like a child.

Is reading comprehension a common problem here?

Mr. Biedny, seemed to make it clear that I would be removed unless I pretended that Pair of Cats actually had a point....

And I seem to remember someone suggesting I had a picture of Stalin? LOL

You know what, cookie? I'm dealing with a serious family situation at the moment, so I don't have the patience that I need to handle the noise and flack I've opened in my life by engaging these topics, and the people who hover around them. Type what you will, I have more important issues in my life at this time than your opinions. In the future, if you behave like an asshole here, you'll be banned, I don't care if you don't like how the other children talk to you, drink your milk and be a good boy. or I'll throw you under a bus. There are only a couple of assholes allowed, Gene and myself. Everyone else is here at our discretion, call me Ishmael, but them's the breaks.

The episode sucked, no big revelation there, so thanks for listening, all, sorry to waste your precious time. I was less than accurate in some of my statements, well, I'll certainly state that I know more about the scientific method than Karl knew about the paranormal. I don't see Paul Kimball here commenting on the events I brought up, the Skylab and Kelly Johnson episodes I primarily know about via his "Best Evidence" doc, I could have probably brought up Maelstrom, Rendlesham, Mexico City, my own sightings, but it would have made zero difference to Karl. I was pretty sure that Gordon Cooper specifically said that he personally saw the craft ("Out of the Blue"), but I could be wrong. I'm not an infallible UFO encyclopedia, thank fucking goodness. In the overall scheme of things, I think I'm more on than not, but I sometimes stumble. I'm a human being, big fucking surprise. I don't claim to understand any of this stuff, I have a lot more questions than answers, but people hear what they want to hear, and I'm an easy to target for hatred. I have strong opinions, and I'm not reluctant to express them. I love my life, but it sometimes sucks to be me. Any one of you can say the same thing.

But then again, so what? What does it matter? Karl's lack of understanding or overall interest in the paranormal is not surprising, he's not had any personal experiences, why should he give a shit about what's going on? In the end, his opinion is just that, it has zero impact on my reality, the things I've seen and lived, the realities of those who have been touched by the unknown.

He wasn't informed about what we were going to talk about ahead of time, because we don't know what we're going to talk about ourselves.

Anyway, in the scheme of things, it all means squat. Karl and those who give it all to science, will end up never understanding what some of us have gone through. Progress is often made by pushing out beyond the edges of understanding, but that takes a little bit of insanity and lots of balls, and most folks like playing it safer than that. And it doesn't matter - people will think they know what the nature of reality is, but in the end, we're all worm food, talking monkeys who want food pellets and something warm to drink. Some of us spend time thinking about something other than what's right in front of us, and for that, a price will always be paid. It's always been that way, it's part of the sordid history of the species.

I'm dead fucking tired, with this shit and life in general. This thread is locked.

dB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back