• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

August 30, 2015 — Chris Rutkowski

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
When it comes to responsible UFO research and speculation, Chris Rutkowski is a class act all the way.

But wait till you hear his imitation of Ming the Merciless, from Flash Gordon, during one of our segment-ending stingers?

We take some of his comments and expand on them in this week's episode of After The Paracast.

You can find out more about our exclusive premium podcast when you check out The Paracast plus:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Mr. Rutkowski's level-headedness and prodigious knowledge of Canadian UFO events never ceases to impress me. I, too, found his comments about the Falcon Lake case to be extremely interesting, in that I had never given the case a tremendous amount of credence, yet he seems to feel that all the evidence is there to point to a significant contact event. I'm going to have to go back and do some deeper research (aka Googling) on the event.

Also, kudos to K.K. for calling out by name several of the dubious characters (using kind nomenclature) like David Sereta, David Wilcock, Kerry Cassidy & Bill Ryan (Project Camelot) etc. It's only when credible people like K.K. call those types of people out by name and raise doubts about their message and motives ($$$) that we can begin to marginalize those individuals treating the field of Ufology like their own personal fictional Universe geared to maximize profits instead of furthering knowledge.

To be fair, I think Cassidy and Ryan THINK they are furthering knowledge but are actually just really paranoid and, to put it nicely, gullible. I don't think they pull in Wilcock dollars. Sereta and Wilcock, however, are two fine examples of The Great UFO Swindle, along with Jaime Maussan, ThirdPhaseOfMoon brothers and too many others to mention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wasn't Wilcock a huge 21/12/12 'End of the Mayan Calender' doomsday proponent?
All those who were furiously making lecture money on the subject started to look pretty silly pretty quickly and if I remember correctly there was some nifty back-pedalling trotted out. Others just went silent on the topic but those with the Carnival (Carny) gene in them are always quick to come back with a new routine.

You know, I don't personally dislike David Wilcock, he seems personable enough and is not above taking the mick out of himself and he does sometimes have an interesting way of looking at certain things.
My main bugbear with him is when he uses sentences like, 'and I will prove to you, with mathematical certainty...' And of course it is no such thing. He blends mumbo jumbo with a bit of geometry and genetics, puts it all into a magician's hat and hey presto!

No doubt he has a residency in Sedona like Celine Dion has in Vegas.

Yeah David Wilcock has charisma that's why people buy into his fantasy like a cult of personality. I have to admit as a big sci-fi fan and also a big comedy fan -that is some funny stuff.:p

Thank you for asking my Falcon Lake question to Chris. To me, it means a lot when somebody with the level headedness of Chris R. explains the case and what their opinion is. It makes a huge difference between someone like Jaime Mussaun explaining the same case to me. I always thought the Falcon Lake incident was a pretty solid case but I've heard some of the arguments from some of the naysayers about it and it got me wondering.

Great episode I thought. Guests like Chris R. is what keeps me interested in the field.

falcon+lake.JPG

Rutkowski's report is definitive. In here he covers the mysterious metal fragments found later on the scene and examines the issue of the lack of witnesses from nearby areas. It is still a very compelling story with a very rich range of evidence open to various interpretations. At worst, a hoax by Michalak - though the author is doubtful of this because of the authentic nature of the Michalaks and the illness, burns and real lack of profiteering. It is presented as a case where something physical happened to someone and it had very unique consequences. Michalak suggested that there were subsequent confirmations:

On September 30th I returned to the place where the craft had landed— to see if there were any othe changes I could not believe what I saw. The leaves in the area looked as if they had been sprayed with some killing chemical. All were withered and dead. No vegetation grew within a 50 foot radius of thel anding site. The area where the craft had touched down was still visible [Michalak 1967]

http://www.nicap.org/articles/670520falconlake_JUFOS.pdf

As a case, it was one of the ones I immediately latched onto as something seen in UFO and paranormal books as soon as I first started reading about them in grade school. The iconic image of the burn marks on his body said "UFO proof" to me at an early age; the first seeds of ETH sewn deep.
The-Falcon-Lake-Incident.jpg

In looking again at this case many decades later it remains one of the definitive cases that makes one scratch the noggin'. I could try to argue the hoax angle but that just does not add up according to Rutkowski. It also does not appear to match up with any advanced earth made tech, nor would it be flying around an hour away from a golf course, so it's a real curious one. Still has to be a top five pro-ETH case.

ufo - UFOS at close sight: The Michalak close encounter, Falcon Lake 1967

The case for Michalak as hoaxer really rests with a judgment of the witness' character and in this way there's some good similarity with the Waltn case. Do they both have enough personal background and skill to hoax it all - most likely, and definitely in Michalak's case. Does this make it all still about a willingness to believe the story teller? Sure does. Michalak told his tale but it was not a big seller. Those are his burned materials including gloves that touched the saucer on the cover of his book.
nlc010292-v6.jpg

And for the doubters read this on the opposite side of the spectrum and then you've had a well rounded Michalak meal: The Iron Skeptic - Stefan Michalak's Ridiculous Story

Last edited:
I was excited to hear Chris R say he was a Doc Savage fan. For years I thought I was the only one left!

I grew up reading Doc Savage books, and they are clearly responsible for inspiring in me a sense of adventure and a desire to pursue the mysterious. Like the paranormal, there were usually mundane answers to the mysteries, (criminal masterminds like in Scooby Doo) but not every time. Sometimes there really were monsters.

I'd love to hear what stories Chris favored of the original 181, and if he has read any of the new DS books written by Will Murray. The best new book is Skull Island, where Doc meets King Kong!

Great show I enjoyed it! I said this to Red Pill on the previous tread; there is so much material and there are so many reports in this filed over the last 60 years it seems like it's all about questions and questions and very few answers. That makes for lots of guessing and hypothesizing. But I guess that's why were here, because we like kicking around those ideas.
You were talking about various theories as to why ET would come here at all...
One theory that doesn't seem to get discussed is, what I call the Pilgrim Theory.
One would have to ask the question; What would make us go to another star system? Would we even survive long enough to develop practical interstellar capability for exploration. I know people like to suggest that we should not use "humanity" as an example but it's all we have to go with. When we explored the moon we had to employ geology because that's all we had to go with.
With that thought in mind what then would motivate us to go out there? I believe the answer is, because we have to. I think a very legitimate theory for why ET would come here is that of needing it to find a new home. It's quite possible that if they do come here or did come here, they could come here in huge multi generation spacecraft. Better for generations to die in space but still have a chance to preserve the race then to just die on their home planet, the victim of some horrible cataclysm. If that were the case it's a one-way trip. And that means they're still here. The great question is, where would that be?
I personally like this theory because it does not involve an ultra exotic means of travel and super super advanced beings. While it is certainly possible that's what we're dealing with, it's less of a stretch to believe that they're not as advanced or exotic as some people suggest. It's just another possibility.

Back