• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ask Dr. David Jacobs

Free episodes:

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Noted UFO abduction researcher, Dr. David Jacobs, returns to The Paracast for a segment to be recorded on Thursday October 15th, from 1 to 3 PM Pacific.

During this session, he'll discuss his newest book, "Walking Among Us: The Alien Plan to Control Humanity."

In his 1998 book, The Threat, Jacobs uncovered disconcerting reports about aliens' plans for the future of Earth. He reported that a "change" is coming; a future when very human-like hybrids would intermingle with humans in everyday life. "Soon we will all be together," the aliens said. "Soon everyone will be happy and everyone will know his place."

This book examines a disturbing phenomenon that Jacobs began noticing in 2003. The alien integration action plan has kicked into high gear. The incidents of alien abductions have accelerated as have occurrences of alien involvement in everyday human life. A silent and insidious invasion has begun. Alien hybrids have moved into your neighborhood and into your workplace. They have been trained by human abductees to "pass," to blend in to society, to appear as normal as your next door neighbor.​

I appreciate your take, but calling someone a fraud is an ad hominem argument. But he's been on before, and a lot of people in the field respect him. You may disagree with what he says, but he's not running around taking money from people for phony investments, as Morton did.

My suggestion is that you ask some tough questions.

I do plan on asking him a few questions about the Emma Woods matter. But I have good reason to distrust her, such as when she set up an account under a false name in this forum to support her claims, until we stopped it and banned it. And the deceptive way she handled a personal letter I wrote to her once, which I asked her to keep confidential. She didn't! That, among other things, is why I have reason to disbelieve her even while I don't think Jacobs acquitted himself terribly well over this matter.

But taking a viewpoint that finds fault on both sides evidently isn't politically correct.

Can't you ask questions on other matters?

Has Dr. Jacobs ever seen a UFO?

Has Dr. Jacobs ever been abducted?

Regarding all victims Dr. Jacobs has been involved with, what specific percentage were actually documented as reported missing from their normal environment during the abduction experience?

During interviews with male victims, was the following question asked of those who reported an experience of genetic harvesting: After the experience, were undergarments found soiled by sexual emission or were they clean?

Did any repeat abduction experiencer ever set up a night video system to monitor the bedroom during sleep hours? (Review the tape in the morning and reuse for the next night if nothing is observed.)

For many, the abduction experience is not dissimilar to incubae and succubae reports that go back for many centuries. Does Dr. Jacobs see any relationship?
(If there is a correlation, then the theory of a hybrid invasion in the last few decades becomes hard to defend, since significant influence on a population's genetic makeup would be much easier when there are fewer members, as in past centuries before the human population started its exponential climb. Alternatively, if there is a correlation, then it could either be argued that the hybridization of the human race would already have occured in past centuries, or that modern abduction is not a hybridization program, but is rather a deceptive program of human torment when victims are most vulnerable, during sleep.)

Has Dr. Jacobs ever been regressed hypnotically by some other hypnotist?

Has Dr. Jacobs ever received any psychological treatment or counseling? (A valid question for someone who, via hypnotic regression, gets pretty deep into other peoples’ consciousness.)

Last edited by a moderator:
As people in a hypnotic state are considered to be more open to suggestion, should all abduction testimony produced with the assistance of a hypnotherapist with strong beliefs in alien abductions be discarded and assumed to be tainted and unreliable?

Researchers, such as Ardy Sixkiller Clarke, have demonstrated that stories of interactions with aliens often vary in description depending on the cultural location in which they are reported. We can also see how abduction stories have changed, both in tone and in description of the entities involved, from the middle of the 20th century to today. How can you explain these cultural differences and historical changes if this phenomenon is a purely physical, unimagined, experience?

As a historian have you every thought of drawing parallels with today's abduction experiencers and other groups who have relied almost solely on witness testimony to prove their extraordinary claims? An example would be the accusers in the Salem witch trials of the 17th century. Today we dismiss the "spectral evidence" these accusers testified to. Why should we not do the same with those claiming to have experienced similarly extraordinary alien abductions?

The description of your latest publication sounds rather hysterical. Do you feel comfortable encouraging readers of your book, if only implicitly, to try to identify people from their workplace or neighbourhood as "alien hybrids" ? Are you not concerned about what may happen if someone was to take this theory seriously?

Since the human-alien hybridization theory is the centerpiece of Dr. Jacobs work, has he seriously consulted with professional human genetic experts to clarify all the many issues?

And if he has, could he name them?

(I doubt that a Ph.D of history is familiar with complex genetic issues.)

Dr. Jacobs,

In examining the difference between Hypnosis, Remote Viewing, and Channeling, does anxiety and intense emotion connected with the abduction experience under hypnosis make for more powerful "evidence", barring scars or other proof of tracking devices?

Why do "aliens" and the abductee have to float through windows or walls? Is the human mind not capable of realizing dissolution and reassembly of our bodies on a particle level?

We have heard of missing persons possibly meeting an abduction end; but have "hybrid" persons suddenly appeared in a family...inexplicibly adding to the population count? (no background or evidence of previous existence)

Thank you sir.

On the other hand -- I won't ask anything about Emma Woods. That would just be resurrecting an issue that we dealt with five years ago. Opinions are formed, and nobody will change their minds unless there's something new to report. And there isn't at this point.

There are lots of other things to talk about.

1) Surely it should simply be a matter of travel and scheduling to actually meet one of these hybrids and interrogate them, at least in some cases. Have you attempted contact with these hybrids?

2) Abduction testimony seems rife with potential for unreliability: The fallibility of memory and confabulation, bias, the insertion of personal agendas, the contamination of subjects with popular cultural awareness of UFOs and abductions, the ambiguities and unreliabilities of hypnosis, interviewer-interviewee interaction distortions, and so forth. The open-minded but scientifically skeptical person will demand to know whether you’ve done your due diligence with regard to these problems. What would you say to this kind of skeptic?

3) What would you say that skeptics don’t understand about alien abductions that you do?

4) What is evidentially strongest case of abduction that you’ve personally dealt with?

5) Among all abduction cases you’ve heard of or read about, what do you think are the evidentially most impressive cases?

6) You’ve no doubt heard of the Dr. Carla Turner case. What is your impression of it?

7) How much room in your thinking is there for the possibility that you are utterly wrong about alien abductions and that there might not be any at all? On a scale of 1 to 10 that alien abductions are real, with 10 being absolutely certainty, where would you place alien abductions?

8) Have you ever been contacted by people claiming to be from some branch of government who are working in an official but perhaps covert capacity who hoped to learn from you?

9) Who is the person with the highest public prominence that you know of who claims to have been abducted by aliens? Do you know of any high profile people who claim abduction but can’t reveal their names?

10) How would you describe the personal and psychological characteristics of what you consider to be the most reliable or trustworthy abductees?

11) If humans are being abducted by aliens, then surely this is possibly the most important story in human history. Yet, when one hears any number of abduction accounts it’s remarkable how infrequently the alleged abductees express a determination to prove to others that this is actually happening. Why isn’t the first or second thing out of the mouths of abductees accounts of how they’ve, for instance, rigged their rooms with cameras, or invited investigators into their homes for a length of time, or produced some kind of evidence that’s doesn’t admit of alternative and mundane explanation? If abductions are exclusively psychological in origin, then this is exactly what one would expect—sidelining an empirical approach perhaps due to unconscious desire that the abductee's fantastic tale does not actually have a fantastic basis in reality.

Thanks Gene and Chris!
-E

On the other hand -- I won't ask anything about Emma Woods. That would just be resurrecting an issue that we dealt with five years ago. Opinions are formed, and nobody will change their minds unless there's something new to report. And there isn't at this point.

There are lots of other things to talk about.
Much as I suspected. It's shameful that a guest with such a questionable past is going to be given yet another "pass" on the show. I'm not entirely sure what your bias is in favor of Jacobs but, it seems to me, uncharacteristic considering how you traditionally handle the majority of guests over the years on the show.

Here are my questions that Chris will probably not ask "The Doctor:"

• Reflecting back on 35+ years of research, and adhering to the strict scientific methodology you claim to follow in your bio on your website, what are your BEST EXAMPLES of “proof” that alien hybrids actually exist and that their agenda is evil?
  • Don’t you feel that planting “false memories” into a hypnotized subject’s mind is unethical, unprofessional and ultimately, potentially extremely dangerous for that subject’s mental health? If so, why did you do just that with at least one of your "research subjects?" During your actual tape recorded sessions with "Emma Woods" you are heard acknowledging to be leading her while under hypnosis to believe specific events happened to her of a sexual nature that were 100% completely of your own fabrication and speculation.
  • Do you think it is “professional” and “ethical,” not to mention scientifically relevant, to request that a research subject send you their used panties and to tell them to not give it a second thought while still under the suggestive state of hypnosis?
  • How can you deal with your alien abduction “research subjects” objectively, when you, yourself, clearly believe that there is an evil alien hybrid agenda afoot, not to mention have allegedly been directly threatened with murder by this so-called evil alien hybrid cabal because you “know too much of their plans?”
  • How do you respond to the accusation that you are simply a paranoid conspiracist whose cognitive bias towards an “evil alien hybrid agenda” diminishes any legitimacy your “research” might have towards confirming the actual existence of alien abductions, as well as the exact nature of those abductions, if, indeed, they are actually occurring? Can you rule out that your subjects’ memories, the ones you didn’t falsely implant, might be scientifically attributed to some other, as yet unknown phenomenon that you, as a retired history professor with no training of the mind, or license as a hypnotist, might lack the education and necessary understanding to recognize?

Item two: There are portions of the Emma Woods recordings she has withheld that may convey a different conclusion. That's all you need to know right now. If and when something more is available we will post it or link to it.

Jacobs has already responded to the Emma Woods matter on his site and in previous interviews. This is not giving him a pass but focusing on other stuff. I do not expect his responses to change.

You are clearly on one side. I'm in the middle. This is old news.

Dr. Jacobs
If the concept of a sinister take over is correct, why do the aliens allow you to continue your
investigations? In past interviews, you have said that the aliens are aware of your work.
Have the aliens ever attempted to stop you? Have the aliens ever communicated with you?

Do you have any specific evidence that hybrids have infiltrated the military or government, and
if so what are the details?

Last edited:
Item two: There are portions of the Emma Woods recordings she has withheld that may convey a different conclusion. That's all you need to know right now. If and when something more is available we will post it or link to it.

Jacobs has already responded to the Emma Woods matter on his site and in previous interviews. This is not giving him a pass but focusing on other stuff. I do not expect his responses to change.

You are clearly on one side. I'm in the middle. This is old news.
I find the fact that you think you are in "the middle" laughable. Your bias against Woods is well known.

What I DO know is what I've directly heard on tape coming out of Jacob's mouth in planting events and motive into a hypnotized subject's memory. I do not care if the research subject themselves is batshit crazy, a liar, etc. That is an entirely separate issue. We are specifically talking about the extremely unethical and unprofessional behavior of an unlicensed hypnotist and untrained therapist planting false memories into a subject's mind while under hypnosis to serve their own investigatory agenda. Lights out, ball game over, there is absolutely NO justification for that type of behavior. Period.

Would you let someone mess with Gene's memory like that? Would you refer anyone you know to any kind of professional who exhibited such unethical and unprofessional behavior? I think not.

Promoting Jacobs on the show is no different than a Sean David Morton, Phil Imbrogno, Michael Horn, Stan Romanek, pick your fraudster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1. What percentage of your clients identify mental health concerns, sexual assault or sexual abuse as part of their past history?

2. Do you have any concerns regarding the inherent problems involved in the intimacies involved with male hypnotists exploring female stories of alien sex and reproduction? How do you safeguard yourself and the subject to insure that neither of you will be taken advantage of during what must be a very complex "patient-doctor" relationship, especially when the same patient is seen frequently and divulges increasingly more intimate personal histories?

3. Can you point to any one single case of alien abduction that has indisputable medical proof or some true factual evidence that proves the reality of alien abduction, or would you say that the field of alien abduction is based more on a history of people telling similar stories with the same features?

4. If human alien hybrids are on track to take over what should we do about it? What do you advocate as a sound strategy to preserve the integrity of humanity? Should we work to identify those we suspect, round them up and put them into camps or is the better strategy to hunt them down and execute them immediately? Another way of asking this question is, do you take any responsibility for how people might think and act regarding your theories of alien takeover?

@ChrisJohnsen: My opinion about Woods is based on personal encounters and facts. That she used a sockpuppet here and behaved dishonestly in handling that email I sent are major examples. That's not bias. It's about facts.

If Jacobs did the same thing, I'd have concerns about him.

I do not know what really happened to Woods. Since she says she is perfectly normal, I suppose we will never know. I am not against her. I just want the facts

I do not support how Jacobs handled this matter. He should have left it alone. But that — and his abduction position — doesn't make him a fraud.

To put him in the category you name implies he knows what he is saying isn't true. That he doesn't agree with your position doesn't make him a fraud.

Just an observation, but in keeping with the tradition of forum participants asking the hard questions, it looks like all the hard ones have been asked. I hope we hear many of them. This guest obviously generates a lot of controversy because of his work on abductions & the general uproar AP has historically produced because of: issues surrounding implanted memories, a lack of qualifications, the selling and sharing of hypnosis tapes and other concerns regarding supposed unprofessional relations between a client and hypnotist. There is a broad based question regarding the nature of integrity of those who use hypnosis to advance personal theories that hangs in the air like rotting fruit.

The surreal notion of the alien takeover that is advocated by Jacobs & some researchers in the AP field needs to be settled because it really is on the same level as a Greer Ambassador, a Meier Prophet, a Romanek Contactee or Project Serpo. Abductions are one thing but actual hybrids among us is a debate that needs quick and sensible settling. I know the other issues are also contentious and deserving of a full court press by the hosts but they have all the questions they need to examine and pin down the issues to properly separate the signal from the noise. I would not be surprised if even more hard ball questions are to follow.

Re: E.W. the sock puppet. There may be many good reasons why a woman might want to protect her identity in certain situations and it speaks to why some debates really have no place unfolding in the grist mill of the internet and should be explored in court if real crimes were committed.

The sockpuppet was created as someone to support EW after we revoked her forum privileges for reasons I don't feel the need to repeat here. EW is not her real name; it's a pseudonym.

Back