• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 17, 2016 — David G. Robertson

Two thirds through the show. A very interesting and important part of this crazy field.

Chris raised a very interesting point regarding memories. Much of the psychology studies I have looked at suggesting memory have centred around mundane day to day pursuits.
Traumatic events I would have thought would be ingrained in the human psyche. ???

Living in Scotland myself I have often been aware of the reputation we have for "the Paranormal" I, like this weeks guest has seen Zero, zilch nothing!!! :mad:

In this episode The Paracast's hosts once again hide behind their guest to attack personalities instead of substance. Filled with plenty of giggles and stupid attempts at adolescent humor, Gene and Chris show their resentment for anyone in the Paranormal field of research with a greater following and more financial success. Icke, Wilcock, Strieber....Yes very controversial with many bold claims. Any one taken out of context would be good for a laugh but as usual, Gene and Chris take the safe position to criticize but never posit their own opinions on their theories. They even jump on the mainstream bandwagon to brand "conspiracy theorist" as a label to discredit.

I don't see how anyone who has taken these subjects seriously for any amount of time can conclude there is not a larger agenda at work. By the same token how any serious person can still believe in the "Left vs Right" paradigm that Gene would like to perpetuate. Does Gene truly believe that gun control is about saving lives or the open border problem is about immigration? If so he is the one that deserves the giggles. He also deserves Obama.

This is a lot of nonsense. I have no problem whatever with financial success. I'm only concerned when people earn money under false pretenses or with false claims.

The claim about open borders is misleading political spin. There are fewer undocumented immigrants in this country than there were a few years ago, and more Mexicans have left the country than entered it in recent years. The stats are online. Just Google the information for yourself. Indeed, the Obama administration has doubled the number of border agents and the President is sometimes referred to as the "deporter in chief" for the number he's sent back.

There would have been a new immigration law in force except for the fact that the former Speaker of the House didn't have the courage to bring up the bill and face opposition from the extreme ring wing. There were enough votes to pass the bill that was given bipartisan support in the Senate. It called for even more stringent border controls and a lengthy path to citizenship that included paying fines, back taxes, and getting in the back of the line.

Gun control? There are over 30,000 gun deaths in the U.S. every single year. How many lives are being saved anyway? How many people prevented a home invasion with a gun? And how many were shot anyway because they couldn't get to the guns in time or weren't trained or calm enough to handle a weapon properly?

I have no problem with people being allowed to own guns with a few restrictions, such as no criminals or crazy people. But proper training ought to be a requirement.

Clearly you have fallen for political falsehoods, Frank Luntz talking points, etc.

What's wrong with Obama? Wait till Drumpf is in the WH .Or that other creep. You know the one who believes the earth is 6000 years old.

In this episode The Paracast's hosts once again hide behind their guest to attack personalities instead of substance. Filled with plenty of giggles and stupid attempts at adolescent humor, Gene and Chris show their resentment for anyone in the Paranormal field of research with a greater following and more financial success. Icke, Wilcock, Strieber....Yes very controversial with many bold claims...
I agree w/ Gene: I have serious issues behind PT Barnum grandstanders no matter how much $ they are raking in from the ignorant. Speaking of rants, I'll address a couple of yours—1st. I don't hide behind anyone or anything to express my opinions. It's our job to let the guest express their opinions—not monopolize the interview. I could have very well taken each of the before mentioned "personalities" apart piece-by-piece, but honored our guest by not doing so. I did point our several glaring issues w/ them (which you neglected to note) and have a length laundry list for each of them. 2. Giggles and stupid attempts at humor? Yeah, right—send me a link to your show and I'll critique for your attempts at keeping the banter light & playful as honestly and objectively as possible. As for politics, BOTH parties are fuckin slime. Need I say more? Sometimes it's simply a question of the lesser of two evils? Thanks for listening and for your kind, honest, insightful criticisms & for your pleasant, objective tone. ;)

I agree w/ Gene: I have serious issues behind PT Barnum grandstanders no matter how much $ they are raking in from the ignorant. Speaking of rants, I'll address a couple of yours—1st. I don't hide behind anyone or anything to express my opinions. It's our job to let the guest express their opinions—not monopolize the interview. I could have very well taken each of the before mentioned "personalities" apart piece-by-piece, but honored our guest by not doing so. I did point our several glaring issues w/ them (which you neglected to note) and have a length laundry list for each of them. 2. Giggles and stupid attempts at humor? Yeah, right—send me a link to your show and I'll critique for your attempts at keeping the banter light & playful as honestly and objectively as possible. As for politics, BOTH parties are fuckin slime. Need I say more? Sometimes it's simply a question of the lesser of two evils? Thanks for listening and for your kind, honest, insightful criticisms & for your pleasant, objective tone. ;)
I agree Chris, both political parties are slime. The problem I have is, there is a great difficulty seeing the lesser of two evils.

On the political front, I agree with a lot that is said and I disagree vehemently with a lot that is said, but I hold my tongue for the betterment of mankind and keep my focus in this forum on the paranormal and UFOs.

Back