• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Apple Customer Service

Angel of Ioren

Friendly Skeptic
I use Apple In-Ear earbuds to listen to the podcast and my pair broke. I went to the Apple Store with my ear buds, out of warranty and they just gave me a new pair. $90 earbuds! So yeah, Apple has some pretty amazing customer service.

Only Apple has cult like aspirations in their adds and speeches .Other brands make a product and sell it.And only Apple big shots LIE about the plants in China :

Only Apple has cult like aspirations in their adds and speeches .Other brands make a product and sell it.And only Apple big shots LIE about the plants in China :

Aw c'mon ... do you know of any other employer who provides nets for their suicidal employees? Everywhere else it's just Goodbye cruel employer ... splat! Although to be fair, I heard a rumor someplace that Microsoft provides elevator service and Facebook provides a complimentary video for the family.

and bill gates is a eugenicist and major stock holder in monsanto... i would love it if apple brought all manufacturing back to usa.

Apple has billions in cash. After the multiple suicides and then the placement of suicide nets around the plant and some protesting from the workers, they got a raise. It was doubled from 80 cents an hour to a 1.60.

Think about it : Apple does this without paying taxes , in a communist dictatorship using slave labour 12 hours a day , six days a week.

Please, find me a company on their level that makes similar products that does not do that... Did you build your own computer to be posting on this thread? All these companies have practices that are far from ideal, but Apple, as much as you may hate them, are probably the best at making sure people are treated fairly. With regards to the taxes, perhaps it should be more difficult for companies to get away with sheltering their income, but what they are doing in not illegal.

but Apple, as much as you may hate them, are probably the best at making sure people are treated fairly.
What people are treated fairly?The slaves who make a product worth 100USD ans sold for 7 times this amount?Or the customers who are not allowed to change a battery ?And then they claiming to do this 'for a better world' .Then again , this is all 'cool'...

First of all: Apple does pay taxes, and in, the U.S., probably more than just about any other corporation. Apple just takes advantage of the same loopholes other companies take advantage of. And, no, Apple doesn't sell gear for seven times what it costs to build. Check their financials for actual profits.

What people are treated fairly?The slaves who make a product worth 100USD ans sold for 7 times this amount?Or the customers who are not allowed to change a battery ?And then they claiming to do this 'for a better world' .Then again , this is all 'cool'...

You didn't answer my other question: what are you using to post this? Or are you just one of those weirdos that has to "pick sides" when it comes to tech and has some bizarre hatred of a company that sells gadgets? If that's the case, well, there's nothing I can say...

Please, find me a company on their level that makes similar products that does not do that... Did you build your own computer to be posting on this thread? All these companies have practices that are far from ideal, but Apple, as much as you may hate them, are probably the best at making sure people are treated fairly. With regards to the taxes, perhaps it should be more difficult for companies to get away with sheltering their income, but what they are doing in not illegal.
1395"]Please, find me a company on their level that makes similar products that does not do that...
As long as everybody's doing it, I guess it's ok.

These are companys of the same level , no ?The workers have unions , a very good wage , social security.Unlike the slaves at Foxcomm.

Foxconn builds gear for Dell, HP and other companies too. What about them? What about the plans for Apple to build a Mac in the U.S. later this year?

These are companys of the same level , no ?The workers have unions , a very good wage , social security.Unlike the slaves at Foxcomm.

What are you using to post in this forum? A BMW? You can't compare tech companies to car manufacturers. Not the same thing. However, I must say, your use of logical fallacies to argue your point is quite impressive.

Back