• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Announcing The Paracast+ (or Something Like That!)

Exactly Mike. And a lot of the content on the free parts of the shows that have gone plus has become pretty bland and boring, saving the good stuff for the "plus" portions. Gotta say I'm a bit bummed out about all my favorite paranormal podcasts going "plus". Please don't do this.

Personally the main thing I'd be interested in is extra content, maybe more live reporting from conferences, etc. the one you did a few weeks back was great. There's an extra energy that seems to come from the face to face interview. Maybe some location 'reality' recordings from San Luis Valley?

Well, I'm conflicted. Bandwidth is not free. On the other hand, it would probably alter the free and open atmosphere we love so well here.

If it would be a step towards Gene hosting C2C, it would be worth the cost many times over!

I can't afford it.. I just can't add more bills to my current bills. And conversely, if business picks up for me, which it has, i would have less time to spend with paracast content. So it is a dilemma. If there was a one year subscription fee... that might make me feel better because all these sites have these monthly fees, and that adds up.

hk

I can't afford it.. I just can't add more bills to my current bills. And conversely, if business picks up for me, which it has, i would have less time to spend with paracast content. So it is a dilemma. If there was a one year subscription fee... that might make me feel better because all these sites have these monthly fees, and that adds up.

hk

The plan is monthly or annually. You save a lot annually. Honestly, I don't know what the uptake on this plan will be. I realize people have more important things to do with their spare cash, what little of it is left.

I suppose it could be considered a business expense, because i often listen to the paracast while working. The problem is, playing on the forums while working is not very.... errr.... productive.

I suppose it could be considered a business expense, because i often listen to the paracast while working. The problem is, playing on the forums while working is not very.... errr.... productive.

Chalk it up to marketing expenses. :D

I will put it on my wish list. After nearly 3 years of unemployment, even this small sum is a luxury. But I would consider it otherwise.

When I read about archive possibly go premium, I downloaded all 275 eps to make sure I have them.

I really love the old pre 2009 shows. Somehow for me the show has gone downhill since 2009. All the commercial breaks now, and many shows now are almost like feature length commercials for some book I don't care for. Until 2009 I listened to every show and eagerly awaited them. Of the 20 or so shows in 2011 only 4 or 5 were intersting enough to listen all the way through for me. Sorry I had to say this.

I would not be interested in a Strieberesqe Subscriber section....."Oh, and please do click on that subscribe tab"...,

There's actually no real change here. We've always interviewed book authors, since they tend to be the most readily available experts. But we've also interviewed people who don't have a current book, but have written one in the past, or haven't written books at all. You can't regard such episodes as ads for books, since we're discussing a subject rather than the contents of any particular volume. When was the last time, for example, that Tracy Torme wrote a book? Or James Carrion, or even Clifford Clift, Jari Mikkola, Allen Greenfield, Jim Moseley, Larry W. Bryant, Louis Jarvis, Ted Phillips, Antonio Huneeus, Mike Clelland, and George Filer for that matter?

How many of these guests end up on other shows? Not so many.

Moreover, as I've made it clear on the show and in this very thread, a premium service would mean extra content, not a replacement of existing content. We aren't charging for the shows, or the forums. Further, as with ALL networked radio shows in the U.S., we have ads. We follow the same ad schedule, for example, as Clear Channel shows (even CoastToCoast). We don't get to control that (or the ads that we don't originate, for which we aren't reimbursed either).

Seems to me maybe you're listening to a different show than the one we produce.

I thought I replied but maybe I was drinking or something and missed the "post" button. Anywho. I do not think the show has changed so much as to content. There is still a good variety of topics and interviewees. The format in which the show is placed is a little different with the ads etc. Do I like them? Mostly no although there are some products I might be interested in. I watch TV and don't like all the content on it. But I still watch CSI every week.

Listen if I stopped watching or listening to shows because I didn't like one or more of the ads, I would would have tossed out my TV long ago — and my radios too! :D

Maybe it is just the selection of topics recently. I dunno. It's hard for me too to actually pinpoint why I don't like the show as much as I used to. I'll give it some thought and try to write a more refined reply soon. However I really do feel that the amount of book centric shows has sharply increased recently. Also I miss non UFO topics recently.

Such as the recent ones we did with Micah A. Hanks, Joshua P. Warren and Joshua Shapiro, which do not at all relate to UFOs? Or Governor Jesse Ventura, who won't ever consider UFOs — oh yes, he had a book to plug? :)

Listen if I stopped watching or listening to shows because I didn't like one or more of the ads, I would would have tossed out my TV long ago — and my radios too! :D

I actually wiped all channels with commercial breaks from my TV's memory. But german audience is different. Pay TV with commercial breaks is a non-sell here. History Channel or SyFy only have commercials between shows, not inside shows, here.

Micah Hanks was a great guest. He had a lot to say about a lot of things. I also liked the bits of his music here and there.

I actually wiped all channels with commercial breaks from my TV's memory. But german audience is different. Pay TV with commercial breaks is a non-sell here. History Channel or SyFy only have commercials between shows, not inside shows, here.

Yes, a very different picture here in the USA. We have 11 breaks in the course of an episode. Nine include our own ads (the first minute of a break), and we hope our listeners will pay attention to them, since these advertisers comprise pretty much our only source of revenue for the show. The network and local stations deliver the rest of the ads, from which they derive their revenue. That's how the business works here.

For us, it's a question of survival. If we're not networked, advertisers don't take us seriously. If we charge for each episode, we lose 98% of our listeners who have better things to do with their hard-earned money.

Such as the recent ones we did with Micah A. Hanks, Joshua P. Warren and Joshua Shapiro, which do not at all relate to UFOs? Or Governor Jesse Ventura, who won't ever consider UFOs — oh yes, he had a book to plug? :)

I averaged over the last 2.5 yrs. Not just the last month which was an exception in this regard.

Back