• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Analysis of metal from an Ohio UFO case.

Hello, Dorkbot, and thank you,

I had forgotten about the OSU collection that had been donated by Bill Jones, whom I know. Bill was peripherally involved in the early analysis of the Benny metal from Newark, Ohio area, but perhaps he would be willing to look in his references to see if anything germane is/was in his collection.

For quite some time, I have been leaning away from the WYSIWYG ET hardware notions in UFO studies. The psycho-interactive component is too overwhelmingly evident, to me at least. And because we are dealing with a phenomena that is perception relative, there is no guaranteeing that a large silver cigar or a huge black triangle is actually a large silver cigar or huge black triangle. In some cases, these could be projections of some sort OR temporary "self assembled" forms. And yet there seems to be evidence of occasional scraps of hardware of some sort involved. (Apart from hoaxes, disinformation, or industrial artifacts mistakenly identified) So I do not have the ability to say at all that UFOs are entirely a Jungian "software" matter. OTOH they probably ain't what the eye or radar takes them to be. So I got to speculating that many UFOs of a grand space-shippy sort might be projections or a cloaking image from a much smaller probe or... dare I say it...drone... like device. And when the drone/probe is done, it either self-disassembles or melts into a little lump that looks like a bon-fire beer can. A much more sane and cost effective way of carrying out interactive skullduggery on a planet far from home:)

OTOH, as you point out, there is a fascinating body of research on liquid metal MHD generators. I've played a bit with the idea using some molten lead and (shhhhh) mercury. Liquid aluminum would be a grand candidate, as it remains highly conductive in a liquid form, and has a much lower melting temperature than alloys of copper or silver. And it is noted that sialum alloys (Al-Si) generally DO have a lowered melting point from pure aluminum. (about 20 to 30 C degrees).

Thanks again!

nr

For quite some time, I have been leaning away from the WYSIWYG ET hardware notions in UFO studies. The psycho-interactive component is too overwhelmingly evident, to me at least.

The reference escapes me at the moment but I recently heard something I thought was worth considering. To paraphrase, it was something along the lines that one of the abilities of a great mind is to be able to hold two or more contradictory notions at the same time without necessarily having to resolve them immediately. I would agree that the psycho-interactive component must be recognized and it certainly seems that WYSIWYG is not exactly the case but I just can't discard the decades of reports of stuff that appears to be hardware and appears to have fairly consistent patterns of performance and behaviors. I've felt strongly for some time that while the traditional nuts and bolts view is rightly questionable for refusing to admit the psycho-interactive component, the reverse is also true.

It is easy to demonstrate that whatever they are they have attracted the imaginations of human engineers and scientists who have explored all kinds of topics that are directly related to reproducing what has been observed. Perhaps part of the plot is inspiring a direction for technology by showing what is possible. Or, perhaps part of the plot is to send us off on a wild goose chase by wasting our efforts trying to duplicate the impossible. Perhaps it is neither.

If it is pure theater then it seems to me that portraying the hardware so consistently is a vital part of the plot.

Hi dorkbot,

One of the reasons I have leaned toward an alt-technology scenario (as opposed to nuts and bolts of a traditional sort) is that since about 1991, I had been involved with doing a lot of analysis on claimed crash retrieval parts, implants, crop circle spunk, and goo found on abductees the morning after. yes, really:) Most of this was SEM, and EDS work. I was one of the analytical resources of the Bi:Mg Arts Parts sample in 1995 - 1996. If I remain true to my roots in analytical science as well as my ethics, I have to confess that I have never seen anything viable as far as smoking guns. And the more publicized and frantic the claims, the more dubious they appeared to be under inspection. What I HAVE seen, are occasional objects and materials that are not "unearthly" but rather peculiarly out of place. But I guess what I'm saying is that the hardware claims in the lab either fall apart, or are carried off by promoters and people trying to write books or make documentaries. The hardware evidence is so damned lean, in my opinion. But its not nonexistant, I believe. So I consider such possibilities as quantum teleportation and self-assembly and disassembly of "temporary" tools and craft that by their true nature - not necessarily their apparent one - are very "tidy" and obscure, while operating under a guise that seems to match the current mythos and expectations at every turn.

In short, I believe - without good evidence in a strict sense - that a model of ET origin is viable. But a much more elegant and self concealing one than most of UFOlogy has presumed up to this point. (And yes, I confess that I'm a long term advocate of the views of Vallee and John Keel, along with Bramley and Allen Greenfield:)

Its only when we ditch the paradigms of supposing what we OUGHT to find, that we find things that provide some clues. But its natural for humans to want to force those puzzle pieces to fit, sadly.

Thanks for the most excellent thoughts, eloquently put!

n

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else on the forum, but the Bob White
artifact looks suspiciously like the byproduct of a particular grinding method that
creates unusual metallic stalagmites.The article provides a reasonable explanation
for the terrestrial production of these objects as well as the unusual combination of
metals and other compounds. This appears to be a major blow to the case for the
Bob White artifact being a genuine alien artifact.
I found the image below in an issue of eSkeptic.

custom-made-stalagmite-sm.jpg

Back