• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Alien Hunter, Derrel Sims

wwkirk

Paranormal Adept
This was an exciting episode. Derrel appeared very credible and stood up well against the questions put to him. That being said, I think alien abduction is exceedingly rare.

Sounded full of it to me. He kept making excuses about why he couldn't produce or analyze the evidence he claimed to have. He also seemed to be completely unaware of the phenomenon of sleep paralysis, especially when he talked about interviewing a black family who referred to "riding the witch" as an "abduction" experience where they felt an immense pressure on their chest. This sounds pretty darn similar to the "old hag" phenomenon that many people experience in sleep paralysis. Furthermore, the "tuff guy" attitude he has about working with and sharing his claimed evidence with others is the complete opposite of what is needed for scientific progress in ANY field (of course, I'm 99% sure it's only a front because he's just making it all up).

One thing I would have liked to hear was a little bit more on was Mike Bara. I listened to his appearance on The Paracast a while back and checked out his blog, I can say with high confidence that that guy is not all there. The fact that Sims works closely with him should call his reputation into further question.

I was actually surprised by this one. Mr. Sims wasn't nearly as bad as I thought he would be. Still, things like uttering "My abductees" didn't help him..

I pretty much went in with pre-concieved expectations and was not disappointed. I wonder what direction his work would have taken had the interviewer instead called him "The Alien Whisperer"?

Yeah, I'm not buying this guy's stories. The whole self-aggrandizing tough guy wrapped up in Johnny Cash's rejected wardrobe doesn't make it any easier to swallow. I may need to see an opthamologist due to the excessive amount of eye rolling I did listening to this episode.

Yeah, I'm not buying this guy's stories. The whole self-aggrandizing tough guy wrapped up in Johnny Cash's rejected wardrobe doesn't make it any easier to swallow. I may need to see an opthamologist due to the excessive amount of eye rolling I did listening to this episode.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

First-Time Poster

Regression Hypnosis = Investigative Evidence????????????

Using hypnosis as a primary means of gathering details seems shoddy at best. I always feel deflated when I realize that someone's "investigation" is primarily done through the use of hypnosis. The human mind is still WAY too much of a mystery to rule out creativity, suggestion, collective consciousness, etc as probable skewing factors in these "memories."

I feel like The Paracast needs to host a guest who is a proponent or researcher into Regression methods...I don't feel its legitimacy has been established, but would like to have my eyes opened.

I intensely disliked this guy, and his mountain of blowhard bullcrap.

Growing up in Texas and Louisiana, I had the misfortune of becoming intimately familiar with his type, and very much enjoyed hurting them when necessary.

I wish Chris had given this bully a Glasgow Kiss when he tried to intimidate Chris by getting in his face.

I wish Gene would have pressed him harder at the end of the episode like he did at the beginning, and made him squeal out more excuses.

Cowboys vs. Aliens Pt. 2

Wanted_POSTER-background.png

What is it about paranormal radio discourse that saves the high point of action for the very closing? Truly, in the last two segments of the show many of the touchstones of AAP were being hit including names and cases such as the infamous Cortile Case, that I don’t believe one whit of, and all kinds of wild rollicking alien contact, where Sims almost gutted a small headed character through the tent wall. Here are those pesky greys fulfilling that wild-west “wanted villain” meme, with Sims in appropriate dress to sort it all out for us. We even got a touch of the Varginha case, which is a broken telephone of events that supposedly led to the Brazilian Government’s capture of a real alien - research at your own peril.

If you think about it, this episode is actually epic in proportions as Sims is mapping out his own heroic role in ufological abduction lore. Once we got past the lengthy background check we were treated to the childhood destiny of Sims, which includes intimate, familial experiences with the Alien Abduction Phenomenon. He is the prodigal abductee that returns as hunter, the transformative archetype of ufology is here born – finally we get to strike back!

Imagine yourself, pulling out a sword to face the typical grey standing there in your own bedroom, your wife sleepily oblivious to this familiar dreaded abductee chain of events. In walks the over confident grey, with his eager swagger, ready to take you off to Oz for a good clean probing; when suddenly, you pull out your own weapon. Now who feels terrified, you grey demon!? The grey is startled, a proverbial deer in the headlights of your wrath.

I mean, in case you missed this crisis in human history, this marks a turning point in abduction lore, the moment we hit back, a moment of galactic proportions where one man says, “No, I’ll have no more! You will not abduct me, nor my wife! I stab at thee from the deepest corners of hell! Take that you alien fiend!” And you stab him deep in the chest releasing a pool of DNA. Then your dogs apparently can’t process protein and die from grabbing a jaw full of alien bacteria? I think the dogs should have been taken to the vet a long time ago.

Yes, I admit that was quite the scene being painted by Sims, who is working on his raconteur skills. He’s no Brad Steiger yet, but give him time. As what I was hearing in the defining of his bounty hunting, CIA trained, military warrior western caricature is a claim for a much larger chunk of ufological Abductee history. His correction, regarding Roger Leir working for him was asserting that, along with his relationships and musings over Mack, Levengood, Sprinkle and Hopkins, this lone gun slinging alien hunter is serious business. He plays his cards tight to his chest, knows how to hold em, even knows what you’re holdin’ before you get em, knows when to walk away – he’ll never run… Well you know the rest of the song.

He works alone. He has also confirmed the holy sanctum of the Cherokee Irish DNA alien abduction profile, the wild isotopes from meteors, strontium – which is really no big deal and found in our body, and the incredible screen memories upon screen memories that only a licensed hypnotherapist anesthesiologist can sort out. Yes, he’s just that kind of Ufological Western Folk Hero.

Last edited:
The Turn of the Screw from Varginha

Missing aliens poster.jpg

And those were some of the stumbling blocks for me like the Turkish Cherokee Irish people. I am unfamiliar with the historical migrations of the Cherokee or Irish for that matter, to Turkey, but perhaps some Celts travelled back in the day, but the Cherokee? Hmm…but what I have a real problem with is the claims of adults regarding their children being abducted by aliens. I wasn’t happy with the supreme lack of discussion regarding the thorough use of psychologists; licensed therapists etc. as we listened to the screen blocked sexual assault case of incest.

I get very uncomfortable when Jehovah Witnesses come to my door and they have their seven or ten-year old with them, and I have a really strong problem with people claiming alien abduction of kids. This may be a contentious issue for those who truly believe that alien abduction is happening, but if I saw my child prone standing up in the middle of the night, I might think sleepwalking and monitor closely, but I’m not thinking little greys are inside my child’s mind at that moment completing one of those 80% mental vs. 20% actual physical abductions – unbelievable!

It’s problematic and I question this individual’s ability to be a proper therapist for people, who, instead of checking in with the Alien Hunter regarding their suspicions of alien abduction, should be first directed to a clinical doctor before we default to the alien solution. Here again we have the issue of people becoming trained in hypnosis. I like Bishop’s suggestion that we just stop using hypnosis for ten years and then see what happens to the phenomenon. Sims talked enough times about answering people’s questions for them, including his own cases, that I’d be really worried about confirmation bias.

Are alien abduction researchers doing any real benefit by putting people under hypnosis when they should be with proper clinicians and therapists who can work with people who have undergone a severe trauma. Whether it’s a sexual assault or an alien sexual assault, or kidnapping, these are all terrifying ordeals. People need to seek professional help for such deeply troubling incidents before we start cutting into their bodies looking for probes.

Last edited:
A 600 x 50 mile craft between the earth and moon that wasn't picked up by any govt source? And they were around all the time? WHAT THE WHAT? There are Lunar craters WAY smaller than that that we can see with the naked eye. This dude is hoobyshooby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, just wow. What a load of BS.
This guy is way out there.
I wonder though, if you put him and JC Johnson in the same room, who could spin the taller tale? It might be funny to see them trying to top each other.
I honestly did not sit through it, within 30 minutes I knew it was a complete waste of time and turned it off.

The Turn of the Screw from Varginha

Missing aliens poster.jpg

And those were some of the stumbling blocks for me like the Turkish Cherokee Irish people. I am unfamiliar with the historical migrations of the Cherokee or Irish for that matter, to Turkey, but perhaps some Celts travelled back in the day, but the Cherokee? Hmm…but what I have a real problem with is the claims of adults regarding their children being abducted by aliens. I wasn’t happy with the supreme lack of discussion regarding the thorough use of psychologists; licensed therapists etc. as we listened to the screen blocked sexual assault case of incest.

I get very uncomfortable when Jehovah Witnesses come to my door and they have their seven or ten-year old with them, and I have a really strong problem with people claiming alien abduction of kids. This may be a contentious issue for those who truly believe that alien abduction is happening, but if I saw my child prone standing up in the middle of the night, I might think sleepwalking and monitor closely, but I’m not thinking little greys are inside my child’s mind at that moment completing one of those 80% mental vs. 20% actual physical abductions – unbelievable!

It’s problematic and I question this individual’s ability to be a proper therapist for people, who, instead of checking in with the Alien Hunter regarding their suspicions of alien abduction, should be first directed to a clinical doctor before we default to the alien solution. Here again we have the issue of people becoming trained in hypnosis. I like Bishop’s suggestion that we just stop using hypnosis for ten years and then see what happens to the phenomenon. Sims talked enough times about answering people’s questions for them, including his own cases, that I’d be really worried about confirmation bias.

Are alien abduction researchers doing any real benefit by putting people under hypnosis when they should be with proper clinicians and therapists who can work with people who have undergone a severe trauma. Whether it’s a sexual assault or an alien sexual assault, or kidnapping, these are all terrifying ordeals. People need to seek professional help for such deeply troubling incidents before we start cutting into their bodies looking for probes.

Genetic research shows the Irish came to Ireland from the Northern regions of Spain ( the Basque region) during the last Ice age (around 12.000 to 13000 years ago)

That's all we know really about that and that information came from the DNA testing of Irish people.

If Aliens visited the planet in the ancient past, the Irish would be one of the first peoples they would have seen. Who knows really if that happened? The first Irish or Gaels were not Celt's. Celtic culture came to Ireland later on in History.

Celtic culture
Archaeologists Find Celts In Unlikely Spot - Turkey - NYTimes.com

As for Cherokee. I would not be surprised if the Celt's reached America.
Ancient Ogam in America

A map of Europe 400 BC

Not at all surprising if true Aliens would be interested in Celtic DNA.

celtic+map.jpeg

The part that got my eyes rolling was when he was referring to his time in “the company", great another person claiming to have been in the CIA or working for the CIA, didn't we already get one of these people that left a lot of egg on the faces of people in this field. I can see why people stop being involved, it gets tiresome, and do these guys make a buck at this? I'm thinking of putting together my own convention act, after all proof (DNA for one thing) never gets tested, too expensive, people refuse to test it due to threats, etc., bull. I listed to about half the show; I won’t listen to the rest. Someone talked about probing going on, I felt at times like I was getting my yearly exam exam....

The alternative is if this is true and I do not doubt abductee phenomena, its well established, do these intelligences mess with peoples heads to the extent that they appear irrational or confused or is it disinfo to make the UFO community appear crazy???

Back