• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A Troubling Observation About UFO Reality

Free episodes:

... and this is why arguing about old cases gets us nowhere.

If it's a fake you can't prove it because the photos are too crappy.

If it's real, the same thing happens.

What a waste of effort.

If you think so, you don't have to post on this thread. :)
My point is that you're both smart guys.

Who are asking unanswerable questions.

I wonder what would happen if all the smart guys like you in this field started asking answerable questions.

Tell that to the investigators. They took everything into consideration, and noted no perceptible sagging at all.
Well, like I was trying to point out in my last post, don't take other investigator's word for it, or even mine. Have a look at the photo for yourself. There are sections of the wire that are not only, not sagging, but seem to be defying gravity and "sagging upwards" and to me this suggests that the photo was taken while the line was in motion because every single horizontally strung line I've ever seen ( and I've seen a lot ) when at rest, are evenly effected by gravity and hang in a smooth arc without the kinds of kinks and gravity defying appearance we see below:

trent1horiz.jpg
trent2horiz.jpg

In the technical analysis of the photos I see a lot of emphasis placed on other aspects of the photos, but I haven't seen this curious part addressed. Maybe I missed it someplace. If anyone should run across an explanation please post it up. Compare to the way the numerous wires in the image below hang:

1.jpg

Here are some shoes hanging on a wire. The sag at the attachment point is minimal, and there are a number of spots on the Trent photo where the line looks anything but smooth and could be a point of attachment.

upload_2016-10-3_12-19-56.png

Ultimately to test the theory that the object was hanging on the line, one would have needed access to the scene and made an attempt to recreate the image using similarly sized models of varying weights. Did anyone do that at the time?

Last edited:
Not as smart as the investigators I mentioned. :)

They appear to have answered some questions with a fair degree of certainty.
Given the available data, nobody is going to be able to answer if that was a structured object in the sky. Meaning, not just a hub cap or a mirror or other thing hanging or chucked in the air nearby.

And even if you could, nobody is going to be able to answer if that object wasn't conventional.

And even if you could, nothing would still come of it... because it was 66 years ago and everybody's dead.

There is literally no physical evidence except some grainy photos that are 66 years old. All you're ever going to get is a 'maybe' with nothing left to do about it.

Now, if you formed some kind of hypothesis about propulsion systems or flap causality or whatever, and you used them as data for or against that, go for it.

But the definitive answer to the event itself is never, ever going to be 'zeta reticulans' using 'maglev beam-o-boosters' without having prior knowledge to confirm those things.

KWIM?

... KWIM?
Yup. It's the same old situation we run into time and time again. Although I personally believe alien visitation has taken place, there's insufficient verifiable scientifically valid material evidence in any given case to convince the majority of skeptics. So what do we do? Forget the whole phenomenon and go about our daily business as if it doesn't exist? That seems to me to be akin to denial. Do we instead rest assured that the Space Brothers are here to save us? That seems a lot like misplaced faith.

So where's the point between these two extremes that seems reasonable? I think it's safe to say that alien craft have been observed, but that we don't have enough evidence to justify belief in much of anything else, including abductions. Although to be fair, with abductions, it does seem reasonable to suggest that something strange is going on that might involve alien visitation.

Last edited:
Yup. It's the same old situation we run into time and time again. Although I personally believe alien visitation has taken place, there's insufficient verifiable scientifically valid material evidence in any given case to convince the majority of skeptics. So what do we do? Forget the whole phenomenon and go about our daily business as if it doesn't exist? That seems to me to be akin to denial. Do we instead rest assured that the Space Brothers are here to save us? That seems a lot like misplaced faith.

So where's the point between these two extremes that seems reasonable? I think it's safe to say that alien craft have been observed, but that we don't have enough information to justify belief in much of anything else, including abductions. Although to be fair, with abductions, it does seem reasonable to suggest that something strange is going on that might be related to alien visitation.
What I'm advocating is collecting fresh data with modern tools, forming testable hypotheses, and then going to old cases to see if they fit the model.

It is literally not testable if the Trents saw an alien space craft. Or beamship. Or a projection of love and light from Pleiades.

And I say that as a guy that has experienced my share of strangeness.

What I'm advocating is collecting fresh data with modern tools, forming testable hypotheses, and then going to old cases to see if they fit the model. It is literally not testable if the Trents saw an alien space craft. Or beamship. Or a projection of love and light from Pleiades. And I say that as a guy that has experienced my share of strangeness.
Hey, anyone with a genuine and constructive interest who bothers to do anything is doing more than most people, who do little more than consume TV. Even discussions on the forums requires action that requires thought, at least most of the time, Space Babes and Official Funny Stuff notwithstanding ... lol.

So if you and your family's life was on the line and they asked you to pick one, which would you choose? A) The Trent photo's are a hoax, or B) The Trent photo's depict a flying saucer from another planet.

Which would you choose?

Hey, anyone with a genuine and constructive interest who bothers to do anything is doing more than most people, who do little more than consume TV. Even discussions on the forums requires action that requires thought, at least most of the time, Space Babes and Official Funny Stuff notwithstanding ... lol.
Ya, but I mean, space babes.

They kind of take precedence. You know?

So if you and your family's life was on the line and they asked you to pick one, which would you choose? A) The Trent photo's are a hoax, or B) The Trent photo's depict a flying saucer from another planet.

Which would you choose?
That isn't really a rational question and could be a false dichotomy.

One could even construe a possibility where space aliens hoaxed the trents.

Maybe even space babes.

This was taken from a blog a while back;

"They did not immediately tell anyone about the photos, or rush them off to be developed. Instead, the film containing the invaluable flying saucer photos was left in the camera until Mother's Day, so that a few unexposed frames would not be wasted."

This says it all. At least I think it does!

If the Trents believed for one moment that they had photographed a genuine 'flying saucer', which had by then come to mean a visiting ET craft, they would NOT have delayed getting it developed, whatever the number of spare frames remaining.

Alternatively, we can say that if the Trents believed they had photographed a supersecret US craft flying over their farmhouse, they would surely have sought some sort of official permission before publishing the photos.

What did Blue Book say about these photos, if anything? What did Trent make, financially, out of them? (LIFE had exclusive rights maybe). Or was it done purely for publicity?

On the other hand, if it is suspended by a thin wire, Trent was taking a big risk of this being detected in some future analysis. Did he really think he could get away with it?

However you look at it, it seems we never get to a firm conclusion on these photos. All I can say is that it is inconceivable that an advanced ET race from Zeti Reticuli would travel light years through space in something as simple as the object shown. Perhaps it was a remote controlled craft (from the mother ship) sent to spy on a lonely farmer and his wife. Perhaps.

Most strange, either way.

"They did not immediately tell anyone about the photos, or rush them off to be developed. Instead, the film containing the invaluable flying saucer photos was left in the camera until Mother's Day, so that a few unexposed frames would not be wasted."

That would depend on the affluence or lack thereof of the couple involved. For a poor farmer, film would be a luxury, and not something you wouldn't waste, not even for a UFO or prank.

Review occultism and the evolution into sciences.

A sun, a huge powerful mass in the space body, what sort of human mind considers and is honest in its considerations that it knows what this body and mass represents.

1. Planet Earth is a stone body surrounded by its own cold gases........
2. How can you compare information relating to the conditions which supports your natural life, when the Sun is such a huge powerful mass?
3. We are a human life, supported by the presence of a stone Planet, and a cold gaseous atmosphere.
4. The life before our own, animals is also only an organic presence.
5. The condition for life and its continuation is only a sexual act.....if animals and humans stopped having sex the organic Nature would die out on Earth.
6. Where is the Creator of your own presence in this consideration of real data?

How can an organic presence, living in an atmospheric condition that is not a Sun, know the Sun? It would prove by consideration of the data that the organic body/mind owns that it could not possibly know, for the information supporting a human life is affected by the Sun, yet is not the presence of the Sun.

To then consider the phenomena and life attacked by the use and application of altering nuclear fusion demonstrates that life on Earth is being destroyed.

There is therefore no reason to consider the UFO phenomena as data when the evidence for the attack on life and the phenomena manifestation is due to the fact of occult practice.

Hence if any of you cared to challenge science as the cause of the conditions, is to ask yourselves what life would be like on Earth without science?

We would be living a natural life without being sick, dying from an introduced attack due to the cause itself.........science.

Nobody has done a better investigation than these guys and these guys show proof of a suspension wire used to attach to the truck mirror;

http://www.ipaco.fr/ReportMcMinnville.pdf
Nice find.

To play devil's advocate, what surprised me is that the wires are only around 15 feet away from the camera. One would think that both a suspension thread and the object itself would show better detail. You can see grain in the wood on the far end of the garage, about twice the distance from the spot under the wires where the object was thought to have been hanging. There's similar detail on the metal fuel tank. But none on the object twice as close? Why? The way the object seems to fade into the background also makes it look farther away. Geometry is a powerful tool, but it is basically assuming that the object is under the wires to begin with, and they admit the evaluation isn't conclusive.

So if you and your family's life was on the line and they asked you to pick one, which would you choose? A) The Trent photo's are a hoax, or B) The Trent photo's depict a flying saucer from another planet. Which would you choose?
Is this like on a game show that is televised to the world or some darkened room filled with MIB who will never let you leave if you get the right answer?

Back