• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

2014, Smartphones everywhere, where are the UFOs?

I am becoming more and more convinced that the real stuff, the real research, the real evidence, isn't happening in the public eye or being posted to youTube on UFO channels.

It can only be assessed on a national scale. If you have eyes on the big picture with high tech resources spread out on a continent (radars, tracking telescopes, sensing equipment.... etc.) you already have information and a proper opinion by now. Don't forget that in 1969 the Blue Book report indicated that unidentified flying objects posed no threat to national security. It didn't say that they didn't exist.

It can only be assessed on a national scale. If you have eyes on the big picture with high tech resources spread out on a continent (radars, tracking telescopes, sensing equipment.... etc.) you already have information and a proper opinion by now. Don't forget that in 1969 the Blue Book report indicated that unidentified flying objects posed no threat to national security. It didn't say that they didn't exist.

Also, I think the majority of experiencers remain behind the scenes. Researchers working with these folks don't necessarily publish their findings for public review.

The general trend today is for the public not to trust the government, hence all of these conspiracy theories. What you say might be true, but it pure speculation until proven otherwise...

You bet it is, if it wasn't you wouldn't have this thread on the Paracast site.

Think about it, you prove this and human consciousness is forever altered. Right now its something that is totally out of human reach and control. You can't study something that makes sure it can't be studied... since they are studying us. ;)
Should we prove beyond doubt the near-earth presence of extra-terrestrial activity, the entire scientific and military focus would shift to solar system scans instead of galactic piecemeal searches. The military would have to immediately disclose observations, the strength and weaknesses of aliens if they had shot them down in the past.
1976 Tehran UFO incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Theologians would review scripture under another light. Ezechiel would become an ET apparition LOL.

Last edited:
The Sturrock report and the French UFO report provided good information, but not absolutely conclusive evidence. They left the door open, however...

The Sturrock report and the French UFO report provided good information, but not absolutely conclusive evidence. They left the door open, however...
slender-communion.jpg

:D

The early 1950's, while the US military and govt were generally concerned about the phenom. Officials making public statements. Add to that the pilot chases, radar.. some tracking of USO's (Sanderson's "invisible residents") Safe to say the mid 20th century some strange times.

I personally would not. Multiplying a number by zero still results in zero.

What the heck are you talking about?

You assert no increase in UFO sightings. Then when asked to quantify, you Beg the Question with this nonsense.

Bill: "God must exist."
Jill: "How do you know."
Bill: "Because the Bible says so."
Jill: "Why should I believe the Bible?"
Bill: "Because the Bible was written by God."

It makes you look like a Troll.

What the heck are you talking about?

You assert no increase in UFO sightings. Then when asked to quantify, you Beg the Question with this nonsense.

Bill: "God must exist."
Jill: "How do you know."
Bill: "Because the Bible says so."
Jill: "Why should I believe the Bible?"
Bill: "Because the Bible was written by God."

It makes you look like a Troll.
You misunderstood. It is not the quantity of sightings that count, it is the quality. If there are thousands of sightings, but no provable sighting (with independent witnesses, eventually radar), then it does not matter how many there are. We need provable sightings.

The early 1950's, while the US military and govt were generally concerned about the phenom. Officials making public statements. Add to that the pilot chases, radar.. some tracking of USO's (Sanderson's "invisible residents") Safe to say the mid 20th century some strange times.
This was the time of the Washington DC flap. However, nothing conclusive.

Yes, but not just the DC flap. Alot of data came from that period.
Conclusive? It's safe for ME to come to a conclusion.. of sorts. I wouldn't expect a cell cam to bring forth some smoking gun photo.

Sure, the 30,000 foot view provided by Richard Dolan's "UFOs and the National Security State" looks pretty impressive. To me at least, until one drills down. This is what I mean about quality and provable.

To the thread back on track: why don't we have multiple, independent sightings of ufo phenomena being reported with all of the smartphones around?

Smart phones ye, smart people? Ah no.

Sorry these things are turning people in to ass holes especially while they are driving.

But then again that is not technology's fault some people are just that way.

Sorry for the rant I got cut off driving twice by people talking on phones while driving this morning.

Back