• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

1/29/12 Ruben Uriarte and Noe Torres

Sentry

Paranormal Adept
I don't know what to make of the events, but found it made for an interesting show. The audio clips were good, and I'd like to see them used more often when it can contribute something significant.

When I first heard about the robot, I nearly balked, but as the story went on it didn't seem all that outlandish compared to some UFO tales. One factor that's helps its credibility- it doesn't have many answers. Fabricated stories almost all have the flaw of packaging things too neatly. Reality is far messier and has many loose ends.

The supposed attack happened in 1964, and almost every part of the story seemed reminiscent of so many of the movies/stories out there during the day, that I have a lot of trouble believing that in some way this was anything more than a dream or hallucination. I know it seemed very real to him, but many years later, people tend to either stretch the truth, or completely replace the facts of the situation altogether.

But then there are some important points which didn't sound so conjured up by this man:

From his own words:
1. He was hiding in a tree at the time (a hunter lost from his group) and the beings found him.
2. There was a fire made but it was down to embers. Most people would have assumed the person, or persons who made "the campfire", moved on leaving the flames to go out.
3. he exclaimed the sheer size of the craft which came down, and it was much larger than anything remotely like what any humans had on earth during the time.
4. The man had really no reason to tell this story, albeit a moment of fame or money, neither of which he has received up until today.

So in conclusion, I for one scratch my head and really wonder what happened to this man that day. I remain skeptical but would love to hear from others out there as to what they think happened, so I might form a conclusion either way.

Thanks Gene and Chris for an excellent broadcast. To actually hear the person in his own words state what happened that day was very rare and very important in concluding what happened. If I was to have heard this second hand, I would have probably laughed it off to another, "Day the earth stood still" wannabe story.....But when the man practically cried stating he was thinking of his family and how he wanted to get back to them again while he was fighting for his life.....Man, that really hit home for me.

My first post despite being a long time listener.....here goes.

WOW! I loved this show. The guests were outstanding and this particular UFO event was new to me. I thought the use of the audio clips - integrated flawlessly by the way - really made this show extraordinary.

I wish there had been more time to explore the details of the story with Ruben and Noe. Hopefully they'll be back again soon.

Those creatures were seriously creepy. This story should give pause to the woo-woo crowd.

Those audio clips scared the hell out of me. As some people know, I have a serious phobia of humanoid aliens*. That show terrified me!

*I can't even watch the movie ET, sad but true.

I read of this case when I was a kid. It was always one of the most fascinating cases. It's great hearing this from his own words. He certainly has not changed any of the details since I first read about it back in the 60s.

His story seemed a little far fetched at first, but he came off pretty convincing towards the end of the show. Some of the details were quite intresting in my opinion, like having little to no further revelations after hypnotic regression. This lead me to think his story was genuine because abductees tend to always have elaborate stories after hypno therapy. I for one don't invest to much into the hypnotic regression process. Overall the episode was very entertaining and the audio clips were a plus. Thanks for a great episode Gene and Chris.

Great episode. The story seems plausible. But it makes me wonder what the aliens were up to. Why did they land? What would they have done if they got into the tree? His efforts show that resistance is not futile.

I think episode 10 of Project U.F.O. was based on the Cisco Grove incident.

"Sighting 4010: The Waterford Incident"
May 7, 1978
Boys at a military school become involved with a strange substance from a UFO and a hunter is attacked by a robot.

This was certainly one of the better shows I've heard since I started listening in 2009. I don't mean to sound gullible but I found the subjects testimony very believable. It took a fair amount of courage to return to the site during rifle season after being terrorized in that way, and I don't doubt that he had trauma issues afterwards. There are two facets to this experience that need to be noted. First that it sounds as if he was truly in fear of his life, which is trauma enough for most people, just as if he were treed by a grizzly bear which can kill about anyone. Second add to that the fact that he was not able to identify exactly "what" was trying to kill him, thats a double-whammy there. I've been scared for sure in Iraq during rocket attacks, but a least there wasn't an unknown entity behind it, we knew who it was for sure. I like to think a well placed shot from a high powered rifle is the cure for most complex and "unknown" problems, but I could be wrong of course. Just in case, I will have the rifle with me anyway! as it is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. I hope I never see a "robot" with an attitude in the woods, however if I do I will try to bring it to you Gene for closer study since you are the "Tech guy", but it may have a hole blown in it! Ssg A.

Great show! I've listened to these two gentlemen tell their story on two other podcasts and it's just as fascinating each time I hear it. You guys did well to keep them on pace and get the meat of the story told.

Gene, I love your idea to try to get Donald Shrum on the show. He's probably not interested, but whatever you can do to convince him, go for it. A first person interview would be amazing. Great scoop if it can happen.

Many of us are probably thinking the same thing: What's up with these dumb aliens not being able to control and capture a human? Are these the Keystone Cops of the ET community? But the thing that struck me was, how often and hard do people really try to fight back when under attack?

Travis Walton fought back hard against his aggressors, and fared pretty well. Are some abductees weakened not just by the alien technology but also by their own fear? If more abductees kept their cool and fought back maybe there would be more stories like this out there.

Having said that, there was never any true understanding of the intention of these aliens. Maybe they would have been cool to deal with if Mr. Shrum had gone down to see them. There's no way of knowing what their true intention was.

If I ever see an alien, I'm going to extend my hand in peace and bow a bit to show humility. If he tries to hurt me I'm going to pull something like what Mr. Shrum did, and shoot the little bastard with an arrow. ;)

A very interesting show and it would be great if we could persuade Mr. Shrum <sp> to do an interview. The narrative is a classic example of this phenomenon. A seemingly credible and sincere witness finds himself catapulted from everyday reality into a kind of alternate reality attended by strange entities whose actions are powerful but make little rational sense. Physical traces are left. The victim's psyche undergoes a fundamental and seemingly life long alteration that is not always pleasant. This is worthy of Fort or Vallee !

My opinion of hypnosis as an investigative tool is and remains low. But this case is hardly dependent on it. I'm also wondering if Mr. Shrum <sp> still has one of the arrows? At any rate, we would really love to hear him in a future Paracast interview.

Good show !

Tried to wrap my head around the idea that these aliens couldn't bring down a simple human in a pine tree...

...and why the need for a search light when you have thermal sensors ?! ... Or not ?

Then I remembered our missions to the moon and the specificity of the pre-planned tasks they had to accomplish. Imagine for a moment our astronauts trying to catch a kangaroo on the moon with the tools they had. LOL. Catching a human was apparently not in their original task list.

IMHO, the 'robots' were possibly medical units doing something out of their normal range of operation in a very clumsy attempt to bring back a human. He was saved by a simple belt 30 feet up a pine tree. A bit like Schwartzeneger who was saved by covering himself in mud to avoid thermal detection. The fact that they modified their approach to involve two units demonstrates the level of improvisation in this operation.

If these aliens were smart, they recorded the event and were able to show clear pictures of a human in camouflage gear tied up a tree with a bow and arrow ;). The hair grease still a mystery though...

.... Then I remembered how we consistently sent probes to mars without the proper equipment to detect primitive life forms. Then I remembered that we still don't have a complete definition of what life is...

Great show wonder if the so called spray/gas chemical make up ? Very unlikely Mr Shrum keep the old camouflage clothing maybe unwashed in a sealed bag after the so called contact in 1960s?

Should Mr Shrum appear on this show, my question would be:

Did he observe any breathing apparatus on the beings.

If not then it would indicate that they have evolved in a similar eco-system where the oxygen levels have stabilized to compatible levels. All these contact stories also seem to indicate that the humanoid form would be the ideal expression of life enabling the establishment of complex technological societies.

Would be crazy to find out that all life-supporting 'goldy lock' zone planets chemically stabilize to earth-like configurations.

Disclaimer: This is wild speculation lol

Great episode.

It sounds like a comedy of errors. He signals for help and they come to his aid. They get to him and he appears to be stuck in a tree. They try to get him down, perhaps to return him to his owner (or whatever) and are unsuccessful. They call in "the robot" they use to handle such matters to no avail. He fights his would be rescuers like Aunt June's cat in the neighbors tree, clawing at whoever comes up the ladder. He finally throws money at them. Finding a rare Indian Head penny in the mix or something and deciding he is more trouble than he is worth, they take the coins and leave. I'd love to hear the alien's side of the story. It would probably end with, "If you see a human in a tree, leave it."

Ok guys. Face palm. The movie that Robbie the Robot appeared in was Forbidden Planet not Fantastic Planet, which was an animated feature. Also, it was not the same costume that was used for Robot B-9 in Lost in Space. Robbie did make guest appearances on Lost in Space but was not used for the robot who said "Danger, Danger!"

You're right. Here are they together with Will Robinson.
Robby__B9_1b.JPG

You're right. Here are they together with Will Robinson.

Which kinda proves my point that they aren't the same robot. Robbie also made other appearances in other movies and television shows with various parts removed or substituted. I don't recall B9 being used in other shows but he may have.

Back