• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Michael Jackson has died

Yeah the other one that just died was from the Pleiades. He used to sing to Billy Meier, and dance with the two Gold Digger girls, Asket and Neera.

They had to kill the real Jackson so people wouldn't discover the plot to steel Earthling's noses (Human Horn). That's why the fake Jackson had that nose made from rubber cement.

Oh and the fake Jackson liked strawberry ice cream.

I just knew somebody here would know the truth!!! Thanks so much for confirming my suspicions!!!:rolleyes:

Michael Jackson had been in the music business for round about 45 years. Constant air play for most of those years. That means he has been a part of the music in my life since I was about 9.
No matter what I may suspect him of being in the weird and inappropriate department, that is a huge chunk of my life where he has featured in the soundtrack.
It feels very weird to know he is dead, and it does not feel at all as if life is moving ahead in the natural order.
Ed McMahon passing away felt normal. Farrah Fawcett dying felt normal; she was ill for over 3 years with a terminal cancer.
Jackson dying feels out of sync.

Its a bit strange to stick the knife into someone who has just died. Why bother posting? There is dispute about whether Jackson molested children. Something that was never proven in a court of law. It appears as though people assume his strangeness is enough to consider him guilty. That seems a bit judgmental on a paranormal message board. What is not in dispute is that he made a mark on the world and enriched many people's lives through his music. That is what I feel should be celebrated.

Jackson's story to me is a sad testimony to how badly humans can treat each other, the curse of fame and the power of money to completely screw up people's lives.

Jackson's story to me is a sad testimony to how badly humans can treat each other, the curse of fame and the power of money to completely screw up people's lives.

What's that Tyrell quote from Bladerunner?

Something like: "The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long."

Not a big fan or generally cared much for anything related to Michael Jackson yet he's definitely someone who can have anyone say "Oh shit" when they hear of his death.

After seeing all the tributes all day Im 90% positive he didnt molest any kids.

I'm 100% certain that 90% of the kids did not get molested.

I love Michael...when he was still Black.

Seriously though, the world will rarely see someone like him who really knew how to put on a performance. These days it's almost not worth paying for tickets for artists who are only decent on prerecorded tracks or have zero stage presence.

I was lucky enough to have seen him and his brothers in concert when they were still the Jackson 5 before his solo career.

I was 12 or 13 when Thriller came out I thought it was just about the most amazing thing in the universe at the time (before I discovered Duran Duran of course). But nothing after that album could hold my interest. Jackson never did anything that wasn't just plain, commercial pop when it comes down to it. He did it well, but he was never Prince.

I think his eccentricity and onstage persona were what people loved. And that's fine, but there are a MILLION other more newsworthy things going on in the world. This is not deserving of wall-to-wall coverage.

PS when you watch old Jackson Five footage, it is amazing how Michael makes singing and dancing look soooo incredibly easy.

I...I think his eccentricity and onstage persona were what people loved. And that's fine, but there are a MILLION other more newsworthy things going on in the world. This is not deserving of wall-to-wall coverage.

PS when you watch old Jackson Five footage, it is amazing how Michael makes singing and dancing look soooo incredibly easy.

Michael Jackson was the first black entertainer featured in MTV...
Michael Jackson was the best selling artist with Thriller over 75 million albums
Michael Jackson sold out concerts in London in minutes, even though he had not put out new music since around 2004 and had to add more concerts up to 50, which were also sold out - unprecedented number of dates for any one single stadium, I think
Jackson wrote much of his later music.
influenced many who came after, whether or not we think they are worthwhile, millions of others like their music, ie Justin Timberlake for one.
completely iconic, recognized by more people in the world than just about anyone else.

he may not have been your flavour or mine, but for many many many more people out there, he was all that.

and as it has been pointed out, he was charged but NOT convicted of molestation. whether he was actually guilty or not is now between him and the kids he was accused of molesting.

Michael Jackson was the best selling artist with Thriller over 75 million albums
True, but I think that was due to the fact that Quincy Jones produced that album, and he did a great job, making it sound incredible. Even to those, like me, who don't care for his music. The same album, produced by a lesser talent, probably wouldn't have sold as much.

Michael Jackson was the first black entertainer featured in MTV...

We know his entertainment credentials. But not all news categories are equal in my opinion. And there are real stories all over the world infinitely more important than this overwhelming coverage. The degree of focus on MJ is shameful.

Farrah is gone, Ed McMann and now Michael Jackson. Life proceeds along its course.

Now, you know who I REALLY MISS?

Jim Morrison and the Doors!

Now, there was some kind of Music ....

Farrah is gone, Ed McMann and now Michael Jackson. Life proceeds along its course.

Now, you know who I REALLY MISS?

Jim Morrison and the Doors!

Now, there was some kind of Music ....
My God, I was thinking exactly the same thing. I hope life in the next world is a little kinder to him than the one he had to endure in this one. Having a violent, physically abusive child molester for a father explains a lot of M.J.'s problems

However you rate Jackson's musical talent, it must be admitted that he has had had more influence on contemporary mainstream recording artists than anyone else in the last twenty five years. What fascinates me is that most of his imitators are blonde caucasian girls. They mimic his crotch grabbing gyrations and stylized strutting with uncanny accuracy, and make our ears bleed with the same warbling castrati squealing that has all the tonal range of a cracked kazoo.
Here's the latest pretender to the throne. I warn you, after watching this, you may want to punch someone in the nose.
The King is dead, long live the Queen(s).

Lady GaGa - Love Game
<object height="360" width="425">

<embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=52944368,t=1,mt=video" allowfullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="360" width="425"></object>

Actually I've tried to avoid all the frenzy over Jackson's death coming from the media. The hypocrisy is breathtaking. I recall, all too well, the frenzy the media displayed when the child molestation charges were made against him.

At any rate, after I left my little note whining about The Doors, I was inspired to do a new blog entry on the Dark Matters Radio blog talking about Jackson and The Doors. If you have a moment, wander over and check it out.

Dark Matters Radio - Just another WordPress weblog The new post is titled "Jacko cashed in ...."

Decker<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

We know his entertainment credentials. But not all news categories are equal in my opinion. And there are real stories all over the world infinitely more important than this overwhelming coverage. The degree of focus on MJ is shameful.

except for millions of people, Jackson became part of their 'monkeysphere' and melded with the emotions usually reserved for family/loved ones.

to those folks, there is not enough coverage, not enough of the goodbyes, retrospective, etcetera.

same with Elvis. when he died, the whole of the southern states seemed to be in mourning for eons, add the 50-something women, maybe younger ones, too, who knows, but even Liberace for cryin' out loud was mourned by millions!

point is, these entertainers became part of the lives of millions of people who invested money in their music, interest in their lives, and in other bits and pieces that piqued their affection, attention, like, dislike. Asking them to go without more news on the death of somebody within their circle would only get you tons of grief.

smart broadcasters give the public what it wants, and most often after making sure they directed what the public wanted in the first place.

as for Quincy Jones making the album Thriller what it was, no, uh-uh. He had a great part to play in it, but the songs were MJ, the choreography was MJ, and probably the video layout was MJ.

Don't go thinking I am his biggest fan, I have my opinions on the little """, but for what his future started out to be when he was teeny, and how it ended when he hadn't even grown up yet, you gotta have some sympathy for the kid. He was one seriously """"ed up child.

The preceding is the opinion of the author and is not to be mistaken for gospel...

Michael Jackson is easily the most famous person in the world. I do think he was talented, and I even own many of his albums, but we also have to remember that popularity does not always equate to talent. I do think he was talented though, but for example, look at Britney Spears. Marginally talented at best (there's a video of her in concert with only her live microphone feed, and it's BRUTAL!).

There are many artists I like better than Jackson, and I think they are better musicians or singers, but they aren't as popular. Was Thriller the best album ever made? I don't think so, but it was the biggest selling album ever. I actually like Off the Wall better.

As far as Quincy Jones... Jackson was not a musician. He didn't play any instruments. So for him to write songs, he had to sing the ideas to someone who could write charts for the musicians to play. One of those people was Quincy Jones. Some of the songs were written and produced by others, the music anyway. Jackson couldn't have done that on his own at that time, but he learned to do it later. But he still had to have musicians translate his ideas.

That's not such an easy thing either. I used to work with a singer who played bass, but she wasn't a good enough musician to figure out how to play the ideas she had in her head. So she would sing me the idea... singing the vocal melody, mimicking the guitar, and even the drums parts, and I had to figure out how to play those things on real instruments.

But there is no denying the popularity of Michael Jackson. Everywhere I go I go now, I hear people blasting his music from their cars. Of course now he will be even more popular.... but that's the way it goes.

It was a shock to hear of his death, but it wasn't as shocking to me as John Lennon or George Harrison. I cried over the news about them. :(

Michael Jackson is easily the most famous person in the world.

Really? I would have thought Muhammad Ali myself, but perhaps his star is finally fading. So go ahead and google: "Who is the most famous person in the world."

Michael Jackson appears on a couple of lists, 'tis true, but 'easily the most famous'?

I don't think so.

P.S. I remember riding my bicycle delivering my paper route listening to 'I wanna hold your hand' on my six transistor radio when it was at the top of the charts.

Nostalgia--you gotta love it.

Back