• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What happened to Mike

mike

Paranormal Adept
Well i'm back ,kinda
What year is this (checks calendar thingy) 2016
15/16 has been an annus horribilis, an annus best wiped.... from memory

I fell off my balcony and shattered my calcaneus,which is only less painfull than being stabbed near the rotunda which is what happened to caeser, but i digress

I hid in the downstairs garage like a baited dog, wimpering for 6 hours in hideous pain before being discovered, and then spent 5 days in bed hoping it was a sprain before finally going to hospital. They regcognised me straight away not because i had been in the ER a few months earlier with a heart attack, but because i am a freakishly large human who looks more like a Klingon than he does a member of the native species here on earth.
Dont ask how i fell off the balcony, the official version is i fell off a ladder fixing the TV antena, the truth is just as tragic as this sad tale

So i spent 3 months in bed, and my faithful rottweiler Butler spent every day at the foot of that bed keeping vigil

2 days after the doctors said i could walk again, Butler my dog got sick

2 days later i held him and told him what a good dog he was as they put him down

Somewhere in this chaos i turned 50

But life goes on, we have a new puppy , another rotti whos father is an australian champion.

Pictures here if you have an interest, of Butler and our new dog Baldric and some of the models i built as a bed pan jockey

Michael A Jones | Facebook

But i have to say, i miss Butler, his loss has shattered me , ive had and lost dogs before.
And i dont know why this one has laid me so low
But it has

Perhaps im just a silly old man

332230_10152110962815037_851796782_o.jpg

Thats Butler on the left, always laughing

Cut to me crying like a baby

So thats whats happened to mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually have a chihuahua whos owner died and she ate his face.............(police said she ate his nose and lips)

I suspect this is what will happen to me

Look at that face, ... if i die , thats a face that would eat me no question

It's good to see you back.We've missed your knowledge and humour.I share your pain over your dog.They truly are man's best friend.Hope the rest of 2016 and beyond treats you with more kindness.

Great to have you back and sorry to hear that you've gone through such a bad stretch—I can relate—my 2015 was the worst year (by far) of my adult life. In 2004, a porch roof collapsed under me, I went down 12' and sat down REAL hard I was lucky and only broke my tailbone. If I drive over 1000 miles I am still reminded that tail bones never fully heal.

Thanks Folks i appreciate the kind words
Im still dont get why Butlers passing upsets me as much as it did, i actually "saw" him several times in the weeks after he passed.
Not a ghost or anything supernatural, i was just so used to seeing him in certain places and at certain times that my brain just filled in the blank space, it was very odd.
My poor wife gained a new perspective on just how much i do around the place because she had to do it all while i was bedridden, the doctor gave me just a half hour a day out of bed to shower and clean my teeth etc.
Butler would have his breakfast in the morning and then bolt upstairs to my side and say hello and then settle down on my side of the bed and stay with me.
The new dog is brilliant, everything you would expect in a well bred dog, we did our research and my wife drove 8 ours each way to get him. But i would swap him for my old friend in a heartbeat though i know such sentiments are unkind to him. fortunately he has enough affection and enthusiasm for our friendship to cover us both and he makes me smile everyday in spite of my self.

I did get some nice SciFi projects done while stuck in bed.

Ive wanted a space1999 stun gun and comlock since the late 70's and these kits arrived on my 50th birthday

13320334_10157033803970037_2731007592773599273_o.jpg

And i also got my long awaited 22 inch eagle transporter reverse engineered from an original screen prop, though i could only go so far in its construction in bed

13002462_10156877492845037_334846756346498080_o.jpg

Its a fantastic kit, all my other eagles are 12 inchers this one is a monster with a lighted cockpit, as i said they got their hands on an original screen used prop and the kit was based on that, the details are great if a little odd given they kit bashed old gemini and apollo models to make the original, so seeing tiny LEM halves as detail under the cages is amusing

Mike - those space 1999 items are brill!! I love the show and just purchased them on Blu ray

I collect memorabilia mostly SW and Bond items but have some Black Hole and hope to get some space 1999 items also

Hi Mike. I've just sent you a pm at Facebook since you provided a FB link. I won't add to what I wrote in the pm but want to say here that I understand what you've gone through in the loss of Butler's presence in your current life and celebrate your continuing recovery through the addition of Baldric to your pack.

I do want to add that I think it's clear that Butler held on for as long as he could, and did so out of his need to be there for you in your recovery from the fall, and then made sure that you saw him again several times to ease your pain and grief in the loss of his presence to you in this lifetime. I'm convinced that there's a great deal more that follows all of our embodied lives than we are able to discern from within this embodied condition on earth. Butler meant to show you that and succeeded in doing so. Similar experiences have been provided to me by my daughter Annie, my dog Miles, and one of our cats, Boomer. These were all experiences too vivid for me to doubt that they are evidence of our actual continuing connections and interrelationships in a dimension of continuing selfhood and life out of the body, which I think we will all one day discover. So take heart and hold on to the indomitable power of love. :)

I always loved Space1999, to me it offered the promise that space exploration in my lifetime would happen, and the designs especially the eagle reflected that in my imagination, im still blown away by this kit its just a joy to look at. i have lots of the smaller 12 inch models

015_zps6cd976f4.jpg

Mike - they are fab! I had the Corgi one a as a child. Love the design of the Eagle too.

I agree. I really thought the show showed how it would be soon. Sadly we are still waiting

Dear Mike condolences for your loss and the rough time you have had.
I had the exact same experience after my cat died, I would see her in her favorite places for a split second and then reality would hit.
It will get better.
Best wishes. Harry

Speaking of prolonged absences, I heard from Goggs over the weekend, and he will return shortly. Without going into detail, he was struck by a bout of depression, which is a pretty awful deal for anyone who has encountered such problems. I gather he's feeling a lot better.

Back