• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Prodigious Forum poster and thinker "Burnt State" will be this week's guest

I posted this in your UFO sighting thread Part 2.

A lightening strike, far hotter than the surface of the sun, might cause shingle/tree heat burn damage. I'm not sure how the patterns of damage can normally be, but we know there is an amazing amount of variety and types of damage it can do. Were there any storms since his roof was repaired?

Last edited:
This will be another great show in a great Paracast run. Been wanting to hear Burnt for ages - he has been invited on show before but could not manage - if memory serves - so this has been a while coming.

I posted this in your UFO sighting thread Part 2.

A lightening strike, far hotter than the surface of the sun, might cause shingle/tree heat burn damage. I'm not sure how the patterns of damage can normally be, but we know there is an amazing amount of variety and types of damage it can do. Were there any storms since his roof was repaired?
That's good, I've never considered that as a possibility; where, perhaps the lightening may have arced and hit a portion of the tree and then part of the garage, or even radiated the area having struck the ground?. But I think it's a stretch, that such a perfect radius would be evident on the garage, and that the tree was burned only on the very top part of the tree, with no splintering of this thinner trunk compared to the rest of it. I've seen a lot of lightening strikes to trees and this definitely just looked burned, whereas the rest of the tree was growing still. But hey, it's a possibility.

Of course, I have no proof of what I saw, no photos. It is something that is simply alive now only in the mind of the witness, and the other witnesses who saw whatever it was they saw.

You couldn't control it or make it happen with your walkie-talkies, but "the evidence" just happened.

Btw, was the craft separately over the tree and garage to create two separate/different burn marks, or was it the entire ring that went from the garage out to the tree "as one" outline of the burn? Thanks.
Actually, there was this great moment one night that next summer where we were watching this light that was flashing at various points high up in the sky. A single flash of light appeared in various parts of constellations as we looked up, not as high up in the constellations but in our upper atmosphere, as if at plane level, certainly not fireflies or meteors. It looked as if a great number of ships were up there, flashing on and off, covering about 10-15% of the sky. We saw these flashes in a moving area and tried to chase it down as the area in which the lighs were flashing appeared to move across the sky. This went on for a significant period of time. I remember all the summer people hanging around wondering what we were up to, two kids looking skyward chasing a UFO. When we went home we pulled out a map and decided on the final theory of not a single fast moving ship, "Impossible!" we said. And no, not a fleet but that the size of sky that the lights appeared to move across was the size of most of Lake Superior. I suppose we imagined some kind of cloaking technology as per Klingon starships. Those were the good old days.

It hung above the garage and the tree at the same time which actually gives a sense of how large it really was.

Last edited:
...a radial arc about fifteen feet long at its deepest penetration of the roof. including the whole far right corner of the garage's roof, the one closest to us in the photo, all the shingles had been burned and upturned.
The fact the shingles had been burned AND UPTURNED lends credence to lightening damage, IMO. The damage was not uniform.

A radiant heat source from that high above would do UNIFORM DAMAGE to the roof, IMO. What you describe above is contact damage, since it is NOT UNIFORM with UPTURNED shingles too!

Comments?

Last edited:
Kind of, but not entirely. VALIS has advised me to go the RPJ route - low profile and less headache keeps the MIB at bay.

Last edited:
The fact the shingles had been burned AND UPTURNED lends credence to lightening damage, IMO. The damage was not uniform.

A radiant heat source from that high above would do UNIFORM DAMAGE to the roof, IMO. What you describe above is contact damage, since it is NOT UNIFORM with UPTURNED shingles too!

Comments?
Sure, I think if you research what causes upturned shingles you'll see one of the most common reasons is excessive heat. Lightening creatss much more precise, disruptive and blackened surfaces in a mire contained and focussed area, all because of its incredibly tight high crackle of heat.

Why are you shouting? Comments?

Sure, I think if you research what causes upturned shingles you'll see one of the most common reasons is excessive heat. Lightening creatss much more precise, disruptive and blackened surfaces in a mire contained and focussed area, all because of its incredibly tight high crackle of heat.

Why are you shouting? Comments?
Sorry, I use caps to emphasize something, but I'm not shouting. I read so much online that it actually helps with my eyestrain by "breaking-up" the smaller print. Seriously. I'm sure it's psychological too, but it helps my eyes. When I get frustrated or exasperated, then I will start using bold text and caps. I'm still not shouting, when doing that, but I am getting frustrated trying to communicate completely. (I guess, I need to tone that down based on the SHOUTING confusion. Sorry.)

When you wrote: "...a radial arc about fifteen feet long at its deepest penetration of the roof."

I think I misread "deepest penetration" as depth, as in downward, penetration. So, what you meant instead is the arc spread-out laterally over that entire area; it's not a line tracing a line arc but evenly spread laterally across that area.

Correct?

Last edited:
In class he would often comment on the artistic process as something happening outside of yourself, something beamed to you, or how you became a medium that tapped into another flow of information that you could then coordinate and assemble for other humans to read and experience. I didn't really get this till it happened to me for a brief period, but as he suggested, intense emotional experiences often triggers this remote operation, hence the role of the muse.
This happened to me once on an amazing level. I was experimenting with various meditation techniques, and one method I used was by listening to beautiful and emotionally powerful "awakening type" classical music laying down flat on my back, eyes closed. My body was energized by that spinal energy that can arise and resonate from the base of the spine and radiate into one's head and spread outward all over. Just after that energy surged to fill my body the "other music" started to play, but not through my headphones! THE most beautiful symphony was playing inside my head on its own. My body became "whole" as if inside a morphic-field I was connected to outside myslef, and my limbs were awash in it as if my skin surface was no longer just sensing it. I was inside myself and outside too. It was a kind of whole-body-to-oneness that gave a sensation similar to the idea of being underwater and swimming, and this field interaction was fully awash with sensation. As if my body was a cup, and it flowed in to fill all of me. I was swimming in the cosmic pool fully feeling as if one inside it too.

Well, that was the most beautiful musical spontaneous concert that played inside my head, well beyond, anything else I've ever experienced. The creative music and sound was just there, unique and never heard before or since, and in a normal state of mind I could not possibly do that.

I was soooo frustrated that I could not record or write down the music. It truly was a masterpiece. My body sensation of connectedness lasted quite some time afterwards before going away. I was having fun moving my body and arms within the field and feeling it well beyond my skin's surface outwardly and penetrated fully inside too. I could listen to the music play-on doing other things, but it was fading away. By the end of the day I was "unplugged" from it all. Bummer!

Ok, I took this moment to share this in hopes that someone else might share such experiences including Burnt State, since you mentioned you had such an experience... "I didn't really get this till it happened to me for a brief period, but as he suggested, intense emotional experiences often triggers this remote operation, hence the role of the muse."

Thanks.

Last edited:
For this special occasion, I will un-Ban Burnt State in order to read his comments on this episode.

Fingers crossed he won't start in with the Marxism.

Looking forward to hearing all your comments Burnt State on everything. Thank you Gene and Chris for this great opportunity to hear one of our own.:)

Sorry, I use caps to emphasize something, but I'm not shouting.
Use italics instead, it's much more becoming and friendly. One of the things I asked you about that you ignored was why you make declarative statements as fact when they are simply your equivocal opinion? Add a few capitalized words and you come across abrasive and overly strident. Just a friendly observation. We all appreciate your passion, but there's a fine line, etc

Use italics instead, it's much more becoming and friendly. [...] Add a few capitalized words and you come across abrasive and overly strident. Just a friendly observation.
Before I took a 4 month break from the forum and not even reading anything, last summer till just recently, I was GUILTY of using far too many CAPS in the Skinwalker thread. I was over-the-top freaking-out, because I was sooooo shocked people could just buy-in and believe that hokum. Some people were not friendly with me at all on that thread, and it had NOTHING to do with my CAPS. It had everything to do with my very skeptical approach to the "insanity play" going on before my eyes. I got the Kindle version of that author's book, and I researched it BIG TIME. Probably more than anyone else on that thread from a reader's standpoint. That was my first experience in life of being attacked with so much hostility for just sharing my honest understanding and beliefs. Looking back now, I should have rarely used caps, and I should not have posted so much, and so emotionally, in that thread.

Ahhh, let's chalk that up to the inexperience [and naivety and foolishness] of a newbie. Please.

I've come back. I'm far more understanding of what all I'm up against in such situations.

I do suffer from online eye-strain. It helps me when I post to use CAPS to emphasize something, but I'm not shouting. I apologize to anyone thinking my CAPS are shouting. Not so.

When I start using bold text, underlines, and CAPS in one post, then I am getting frustrated thinking someone is just ignoring or not acknowledging or not paying attention to something that needs serious attention. I'm not shouting, though.

I'll have to put a disclaimer in there when I do it again, because it will happen again. The eye-strain is too much for me to deal with the same size text all the time. I need to be able to use the font formatting to relieve my eye-strain and express myself fully. It is also a "psychological need" to do as well.

I'm just more passionate and expressive like an "Itali-ano" in text form.

Last edited:
Back