• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Official funny stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
gates_mug_shot.jpg

Here's one for you guys:

USAF_-_509th_Operations_Group_Unofficial_Patch.png

This is the 'unofficial' unit patch for the 509th Operations Group which was reactivated by the Air Force in 1991 or so. It was formerly the 509th Composite Group and is the only military unit to have actually delivered nuclear weapons, in 1945.

After the war, it ended up being stationed at Roswell Army Airfield. It was there in July of 1947.

The patch motto "To Serve Man" was a classic SF story which became a Twilight Zone episode. The phrase "Gustatus Similis Pullus" is bad Dog Latin for "Tastes Like Chicken". The aircraft is a B-2 Spirit stealth bomber.

Wish I could get hold of one and add it to my collection...!

You're welcome.

Here's one for you guys:

USAF_-_509th_Operations_Group_Unofficial_Patch.png

This is the 'unofficial' unit patch for the 509th Operations Group which was reactivated by the Air Force in 1991 or so. It was formerly the 509th Composite Group and is the only military unit to have actually delivered nuclear weapons, in 1945.

After the war, it ended up being stationed at Roswell Army Airfield. It was there in July of 1947.

The patch motto "To Serve Man" was a classic SF story which became a Twilight Zone episode. The phrase "Gustatus Similis Pullus" is bad Dog Latin for "Tastes Like Chicken". The aircraft is a B-2 Spirit stealth bomber.

Wish I could get hold of one and add it to my collection...!

You're welcome.

I know from direct personal experience we taste like pork..... (true story)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back