• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — July 12, 2020

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The Paracast Newsletter
July 12, 2020
www.theparacast.com

Empath and Experiencer Kevin Killen Reports Ghostly Encounters on The Paracast!

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus an enhanced version of The Paracast with the network ads removed, when you join The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes on your device. Flash! For a limited time you can save up to 40% on your subscription. So act now! For the easiest signup ever, please visit: Choose Your Membership Upgrade

This Week's Episode: Gene and Randall present a return appearance by Kevin Killen, an experiencer and empath whose book, "Ghosts and Me," covers a lifetime of paranormal encounters. During this episode, Kevin recalls a number of strange experiences over the years that occurred to him and those around him, including a former girlfriend who was also a witch. Growing up in Northern Virginia, he found his passion for writing and the paranormal. many of his early experiences take place in his childhood home in Falls Church. His book covers over 15 years of paranormal experiences, ranging from phantom footsteps to shadow people. Kevin hopes this book can help others understand the paranormal, and to give insight into what others are experiencing.

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

Kevin Killen's Book: Killen, Kevin - Ozark Mountain Publishing, Inc.

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on July 12: Gene and Randall are rejoined by experiencer and empath Kevin Killen for an interview that began on the July 12, 2020 episode of The Paracast. Gene leads off the discussion by talking about some of the TV shows he recommends for folks who are spending most of their time at home during the coronavirus, focusing on police procedurals and mysteries, plus a mini-series that stars someone who might be an ideal candidate for the next James Bond.The author of "Ghosts and Me,"Kevin talks about more of the ghost encounters he has experienced or heard about over the years. You'll hear about the possibly haunted car he once owned, along with phantom whistlers, phantom basketball players, and other unusual events that reportedly occurred at the rehabilitation center at which he works.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

Forgotten Paranormal Encounters?
By Gene Steinberg

In over 14 years, The Paracast has presented dozens and dozens of guests talking about personal paranormal encounters, or encounters they have investigated. Each of the three cohosts who’ve worked with me during this period have also reported strange experiences.

I suppose I’m the odd man out, but not a lot of weird stuff has happened to me; well, at least weird stuff that one might regard as related to these topics.

But that doesn’t mean I haven’t confronted things that might have a possible paranormal connection.

So I often talk about the fact that children experience things that disappear — or are forgotten — as they grow older. Maybe it’s conditioning or maybe parents are too dismissive, but such phenomena seldom survives to journey to adulthood, although there are notable exceptions.

Take imaginary friends.

Now I vaguely recall listening to the falling raindrops outside our apartment in Brooklyn, NY. I must have been seven or eight at the time, and when I casually mentioned talking to the raindrops — my “imaginary friend” at the time — my mom was expectedly dismissive. I assume in retrospect that she thought I was just being a kid.

And so one day I just stopped talking about it.

Around the same time, there were those nightmares, gigantic dark things coming at me, and I abruptly awakened in a cold sweat. I likened them in appearance to the large building around the corner with the huge awning above the roof of the candy store located on the ground floor.

Or perhaps some large flying object.

During this period, I also would sense the odor of rotten eggs — or burning sulphur — as my dad and I strolled through the neighborhood.

After a while, these things too passed, and I didn’t think about them again until I mentioned them in a column some years back.

Segue to the early 1970s. Geneva and I were publishing Caveat Emptor magazine by night and I was working at a radio station as news director by day.

We lived in an old two-story house in Coatesville, PA.

In addition to the living room furniture, we had a bare mattress on the ground floor, and a normal bed on the second floor. But for some reason we chose to sleep on the living room mattress that night.

She awakened me, maybe about 3 AM — though I am just guessing — saying she just saw a water elemental in the far corner of the room. I raised my head slightly, and perhaps I did see something shadowy in the distance for a second or two. But my glasses were in another corner of the room, and I was too tired, or too annoyed at being suddenly awakened, to consider getting them to get a clearer look at what was going on.

Now when I consider what such a thing is supposed to be, an apparition made of water usually connected with a body of water, I didn’t see where Geneva made this connection. The only water source nearby was the kitchen sink.

To make matters all the more confusing, she doesn’t remember any of it. Even though we divorced a few years later, it was on friendly terms, so I’ve had occasions to talk about the past with her. But on this episode, she draws a blank.

Or perhaps I was dreaming, though nothing of a similar nature has occurred since then.

The only weird incident in which I suddenly awoke after that occurred on the morning of December 9, 1980. Barbara and I were living in a second floor apartment in Little Neck, NY.

For some reason, the alarm on the clock radio went off at 1:00 AM, several hours before the time we set. A newscast began, and the headline announced the assassination of former Beatle John Lennon the previous night.

The alarm had not been set incorrectly, and went off at the correct time every day thereafter; we kept it for another couple of decades.

Other than being fans of the Beatles, and some of their work after they broke up, we had no connection to Lennon, nor did we pay much attention to his activities as a solo artist beyond buying an album or two.

Well, I did once come close to interviewing him, when he was doing a “bed-in” for peace with Yoko in 1969. They were staying at a hotel in Montreal, and I caught a news item about it on the UPI printer at the radio station at which I was working, in Springfield, VT.

So I rushed into the production room and called the hotel, hoping against hope that we might be connected. I had the station’s recording equipment in the ready.

But I was too late. They checked out the previous day. I like to think I would have gotten through had I been on time, and I quietly cursed my media contact at UPI for getting the story out late.

Anyway, as you can see, my possible encounters with the unknown barely fill a single column.

I don’t recall any psychic encounters on Geneva’s part, but Barbara told me a time or two about an odd experience she had while a teenager, living in an apartment near Coney Island in Brooklyn.

So one night she awakened to see a man with a beard standing over her. She didn’t characterize it as frightening in any way, but remarked that he seemed to resemble Jesus Christ.

Now as many of you know, Barbara is Jewish. But her late dad, Philip, was a follower of Jewish Voice Ministries, a Jews for Jesus movement established by his brother, Louis, Barbara’s uncle. When I’d ask her about it, she’d refer to her father as some sort of evangelist and otherwise paid little attention to his religious activities.

After moving to Arizona, we did visit Louis and his family a time or two. On one occasion, he loaned me a sci-fi book about UFOs. But unlike most of the works on the subject I’ve read over the years, fact or fiction, these objects were piloted by demons that had come to herald the arrival of the End Times. The only way they could be returned to Hades was to recite special prayers.

I don’t recall the title of the book. It wasn’t well printed or well written, but it does reflect the way some deeply religious people view paranormal events.

And as you can see, when it comes to anything close to a paranormal life, my personal experiences haven’t amounted to very much.

Copyright 1999-2020 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

One of your best Gene.
This is why the Paracast is number one in science and paranormal investigations compared to many which have lost their way due to muddying the topic. Remembering a old Jewish chap stopping me and started up a conversation about science and the paranormal while waiting for a train. It was very interesting and his thoughts on the paranormal topic. He "suggested we are fused with other realms and state back in the 1990s that science had made a massive breakthrough in finding life forms on outer planets" well being caution asked how did he know this and stated he was part of a network of scientist who worked in the 1940's on space travel.

At this point I was very doubtful on his claims. Anyway months later I bumped into this chap again and proceeded to state he was a slave worker during the NAZI occupation of France in 1944 (V) and had witnessed the workings of advance technology and proceeded to show me his number tattoo on his wrists.

Another friend of mine who ran the New York accountant firm told me similar accounts during a meeting in France during 2005 and about the Roswell Crash of July 1947. He friend worked for aerospace industry as three tier manager and also worked for other networks of advances in space technology which was out of this world. I manged to talked to these individuals alone and both having served together during W.W.2 and both worked in Space Industries during the Nick Cook book was released confirmed that we never had problem go to the stars.

So make what you think and these two chaps were not the typical chaps to muck around. One of them went on to become a top banking executive and his family . The current signals detected are interesting to say the least and those subterranean missions. Mars trip and the news of pushing the time forward in the coming weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
And as you can see, when it comes to anything close to a paranormal life, my personal experiences haven’t amounted to very much.

Well Gene, that might be good reason to say a b’racha. There are, and have been, plenty of stories of people who are rather relentlessly plagued by continuous aggressive paranormal phenomena. The family at Skinwalker Ranch that Christopher was acquainted with comes to mind, and it seems that they would have rather appreciated far less paranormal, maybe more like your experience. If I’m not mistaken, Dr. Eric Davis, one of the NIDS scientists studying Skinwalker Ranch, had an episode or two of being strongly mentally oppressed, evidently by paranormal powers at the ranch. Yikes. Then too, regarding the character any such paranormal entities express, Jacques Vallee’s Passport to Magonia seems to corroborate the idea of far less than benevolent entities.

9780987422484.jpg

it does reflect the way some deeply religious people view paranormal events.

I don't think Jacques Vallee is particularly religious. So, maybe the Messianic Jews are on to something.

On the other hand, the recent epic film, Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind: Contact has Begun, starring Dr. Steven Greer, definitely and repeatedly says that his CSETI guided paranormal encounters are all benevolent. So, there you go. I must admit that I was unable to finish that film in one viewing. I had to stop and regroup after about half way. I finished it the next day. Dr. Greer says he “prepared” briefings for every sitting US president since Bill Clinton. Curiously, I wondered why Dr. Greer didn’t just say that he “presented” those briefings. That is just one example of the linguistic cunning that pervades the film. The visuals weren’t too impressive either, though thankfully they were not nearly as ridiculous as Billy Meier’s beamships. I’d have to say that I don’t doubt that Dr. Greer is literally in conscious contact with non-human entities. I just think that the implied deception depicted on Jacques Vallee’s book cover probably holds true for Dr. Greer’s experiences as well.

On the other hand, the recent epic film, Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind: Contact has Begun, starring Dr. Steven Greer, definitely and repeatedly says that his CSETI guided paranormal encounters are all benevolent. So, there you go. I must admit that I was unable to finish that film in one viewing. I had to stop and regroup after about half way. I finished it the next day. Dr. Greer says he “prepared” briefings for every sitting US president since Bill Clinton. Curiously, I wondered why Dr. Greer didn’t just say that he “presented” those briefings.

That is just one example of the linguistic cunning that pervades the film. The visuals weren’t too impressive either, though thankfully they were not nearly as ridiculous as Billy Meier’s beamships. I’d have to say that I don’t doubt that Dr. Greer is literally in conscious contact with non-human entities. I just think that the implied deception depicted on Jacques Vallee’s book cover probably holds true for Dr. Greer’s experiences as well.
Thanks for this. Personally, I think it makes perfect sense for Greer to advertise that the ETs are all benevolent when he's charging $2500 – $3500 [ LINK ] for one of his "expeditions". A writeup on this belongs in the Follow the Money thread. Greer also appropriated ( knowingly or otherwise ) the phrase "close encounter of the fifth kind".

The CE-5 classification was originally part of the Hynek/Vallee UFO experience classification system. It designated a UFO experience that includes positive or negative physical changes to the witness. Greer took it upon himself to re-define it personally for his purposes as human initiated contact and/or communication with extraterrestrial life.

If Greer's appropriation of the term wasn't deliberate, then it only reveals he hadn't done his basic ufology 101 homework. IMO if he or his followers get any substantial evidence of alien visitation, it will be by sheer coincidence. But you can be sure he would milk it for all he can. This is one player in the field that I won't even consider inviting on the show. But you can still find him in the Show Archives interviewed by past hosts.

The CE-5 classification was originally part of the Hynek/Vallee UFO experience classification system. It designated a UFO experience that includes positive or negative physical changes to the witness. Greer took it upon himself to re-define it personally for his purposes as human initiated contact and/or communication with extraterrestrial life.

At one point in the film he goes through the classifications and focuses on his view of CE-5. I don't recall that he mentioned Hynek/Vallee as the originator though. I don't think he did. But don't take my word, see the film and write it up.

As for me, I had not looked into any of Dr. Greer's "offerings" for a long time so I thought I should see this latest film to find out where he is these days. It was a thorough refresher of the Steven Greer experience, and he included mentioning his death in his teens, his return to life, and the impact that had on him from then on. At one point during the intercut interview he even breaks down in sorrow and wipes tears from his eyes . . .

note

One other issue of the film that stuck with me is that Dr. Greer had a small segment specifically against the To The Stars Academy. It seemed entirely gratuitous to me to specifically mention them, but I suspect there's more going on (or probably went on) between Dr. Greer and TTSA than meets the eye. That's my guess.

At one point in the film he goes through the classifications and focuses on his view of CE-5. I don't recall that he mentioned Hynek/Vallee as the originator though. I don't think he did. But don't take my word, see the film and write it up.

As for me, I had not looked into any of Dr. Greer's "offerings" for a long time so I thought I should see this latest film to find out where he is these days. It was a thorough refresher of the Steven Greer experience, and he included mentioning his death in his teens, his return to life, and the impact that had on him from then on. At one point during the intercut interview he even breaks down in sorrow and wipes tears from his eyes . . .

note

One other issue of the film that stuck with me is that Dr. Greer had a small segment specifically against the To The Stars Academy. It seemed entirely gratuitous to me to specifically mention them, but I suspect there's more going on (or probably went on) between Dr. Greer and TTSA than meets the eye. That's my guess.
The TTSA is direct competition for Greer so I'm not surprised. I'm also not surprised that Greer avoids any mention that the original CE-5 classification was not his. In my exploration of the issue, he simply wasn't aware of it. He only knew about CE-1 through CE-4 and then tacked CE-5 onto the list without consultation with anyone else. I wonder if he even knows to this day that there's another CE-5 classification out there?

Back